Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,942 members, 7,828,307 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Appreciation In Humanity - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Appreciation In Humanity (404 Views)

Breaking News :ladoja Appreciation Letter / Powerful Photographs That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity. / 2016 APPRECIATION...... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Appreciation In Humanity by oluspicy: 8:59pm On Feb 28, 2017
‘Appreciation’, as being defined by the Merriam – Webster Dictionary was defined “as a token clear perception, or recognition, especially of aesthetic quality. It can be also an act of recognizing or understanding that something is of value.

The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated in one way or the other, in fact in different areas. It is also the sweetest shortcut to finding a lasting peace of mind and happiness within. No matter what may be going on outside of us but there’s always something we could be appreciated for.

Sometimes ago, I was once told a story about a young politician’s campaign speech. He was very eager to deliver an impressive speech for an upcoming election in the state. But when he arrived at the auditorium booked for the campaign, he found that there was only one man sitting there. He waited patiently for more people, hoping they would show up, but none did.

Finally, he said to the man in the audience, “Look, I’m just a young politician starting out. Do you think I ought to deliver this speech or dismiss the meeting?” The man thought for a while and answered: “Sir, I am just cow hand. All I know is about pasture and if only one cow showed up, I’ll feed it.”

Dear readers, every time you meet a person, anywhere, try within the first thirty seconds of a conversation to say something expressing your appreciation. By doing this, it sets the tone of rest of your time together. Even you must also learn a new way or method of thinking before you can appreciate a new way of living, therefore a person who feel appreciated will always do more than expected.

Learn how to treat others as we want them to treat you. Treat them as if they are important; you’ll noticed that they will respond according to the way you perceive them.

Most of us in life, have wonderful thoughts about people, but these people never knew it. Too many of us tend to be tight-fisted with our praise and accolades. It’s of no value if all you do think; then it becomes a valuable experience when being imparted.

I believe we will have one or two things to learn in the above and my prayer is that God will put in us the spirit to appreciate one another wholeheartedly.

I appreciated your time for reading through this piece and I expect to improve in this in no distance future.

appreciation-in-humanity
www.oluspicyinspires@

(1) (Reply)

All Drainage System Without Approval Will Be Demolished / Good News: Ikeja Electric Just Added 2 New Injection Substations To Its Network / Tailor Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.