Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? (7099 Views)

Right Now I Believe There Is No God.. / What Can You Tell An Atheist To Believe There Is God? / Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by enshy: 2:42pm On Mar 01, 2017
See Gen 3:1, the serpent (devil) asked Eve 'hath God said...', Acts 19:15 saith 'Jesus I know, Paul I know, who are you?'
Even the devils know there is God. How then did man find his way in the depths of folly? Im sure the devil at judgment will claim he hath no hand in this as he himself believes in God. How then did man arrive at this illogical conclusion?
I guess frustrations in pleasing God in the flesh is a part problem, disappoinments due to unanswered prayers, unseriousness with God...What else?
May the Spirit of God go after them in numbers and win the ready, elect, prepared and ignorant in Jesus name.
Please drop prayer points for them! God must save their souls!!
Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by orunto27: 4:17pm On Mar 01, 2017
What if I just want to be disrespectful to God, remain an atheist and a hypocrite And don't care about Hell? what an uphill task to revive bloody bad for nothing me?
Perdition is the Target for Atheists and Hypocrites.
Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by Seun(m): 4:32pm On Mar 01, 2017
What makes you believe that the stories in the verses you quoted, Gen 3:1 and Acts 19:15, are true? What if they are tales by moonlight?

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by enshy: 5:20pm On Mar 01, 2017
Seun:
What makes you believe that the stories in the verses you quoted, Gen 3:1 and Acts 19:15, are true? What if they are tales by moonlight?
Or rather stories by sunlight?
Why did I believe your stories I read sometimes back of how you started nairaland? Did I ever ask for confirmation till now?
Why did you believe the stories as per your lineage? You grew up to know your Father and Mother, didnt you? Why did you believe? Are there not cases where children have been raised by false/foster parents?
You told us all your name is Seun Osewa you own nairaland and we all sheepishly accepted you! Most of us Ive never seen you but believed!
You might as well give proofs of yourself and existence! We all know Linda Ikeji, but you we dont. Yet we believed you and we all have supported you this far!
Egbon Seun, we live by Faith...Existence is of Faith, Life is lived of Faith...
Have you not planned nairaland and your businesses into your future? A future you dont see yet believe you will live to see it!
Only a Fool indeed says there is no God! I see folly, deceit, shame, sham in Atheism! An atheist lives for nothing now and in eternity!
Seun pls stand up for God/Jesus, accept Him while you may..At judgment, you will be dumb before Him!

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by jonbellion(m): 5:42pm On Mar 01, 2017
IgnorantChristianPost #23456768
smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by enshy: 5:49pm On Mar 01, 2017
jonbellion:
IgnorantChristianPost #23456768
smiley
You are lost in the universe without God and something to live for according to you!
I can help you find destiny path and something worth living for if uld be humble enough to know.
Ignorance is perspective cos I feel if you are lost in the universe according to you, then you should be the most ignorant!
Faith in God/Jesus is the answer. You may need to give it a thought!
Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by Obembem: 5:56pm On Mar 01, 2017
with the kind of signs and wonders we see day to day there's no reason to doubt the existence of God...
For someone like p.diddy to say we go through somethings so as to value our life as a precious gift from God while he was on the sick bed. Because I believed one way or the other he might have doubted God because of the kind of life they live but I believe most know the truth.

3 Likes

Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by dhardline(m): 7:56pm On Mar 01, 2017
James 2:19
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

When I hear people say they do not believe in God I can't help but wonder why men have decided to be so blind and proud to accept the truth.

The world we live in today is steadily veering off into the Era of artificial intelligence. Elon musk has said that in the future artificial intelligence will be so powerful that they will solve calculations previously impossible to man and they will be able to build replicas and even more advanced copies of themselves. Sounds impossible right? But to me it's so very possible. Now if as a man I design an application/AI for a bank and programmes into it what I want it to do and during use it misbehaves, what do I do? It's either I check for bugs and advice the bank to delete or update to make it do what it was meant to do perfectly.
Now man was created in God's image and was given the privilege to think independently just like AI's will be able to do and giving instructions to obey but he decided to follow the instruction of another and became unable to fulfill his Devine purpose on earth which is to serve God in spirit and in truth and letting Him lead him always.
Now God sent His only begotten son out of the love He had for what He created to take the form of His creation and to die for them so as to save man and reconcile him to God to be able to fulfill his purpose on earth and reign with Him in heaven(which is just like updating a malfunctioning app/AI) but man having free thought says he needs no saving that he's doing good the way he is.

Now let's imaging as a developer you sent updates out for your app cause it has errors/bugs and put a date that if anyone refuses to update by the stipulated time that the app will automatically stop working and hence be deleted from the device and then someone refuses or maybe an Ai refuses to update itself. Will you as the designer be wrong to shut down the app/Ai because you know it has issues?
Well that is the same thing God will do to those who refuse to accept the salvation he has freely given us(not of works lest any man should boast). Destroy them

You think it absurd right at my trying to merge the concept of AI and the concept of man, we'll they are not the same but similar. if man is created in the image of God then it is most likely man will grow and learn and ultimately try to create something similar to himself. Read on the fears arising from the singularity of AI and you'll understand that if things go on without any interruptions(which is not possible) that a time will come when AI will say man never made them and assume we were just here to destroy the world they(AI) have made beautiful.

Man has a lot of issues, unfortunately most of the so called pastors(90 percent or more) are not leading men to the truth/light so as to have true salvation, all they do is motivate people on how to make money and make them think they are saved. If they were teaching the truth Nigeria will not occupy the second most religious and almost the most corrupt country at the same time.

Seun the truth has to be sought and not just sit and listen alone... The way to salvation looks too easy to believe but you can never believe until you have exhausted all your self righteousness and self wisdom. Seek the truth, ask for light with all sincerity and humility and you will receive it. Shalom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by hopefulLandlord: 8:23pm On Mar 01, 2017
Lord Voldemort believes there's Harry Potter, why not you?

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by Nogodye(m): 9:38pm On Mar 01, 2017
Seun:

We have never seen you yet we believed in you innovation and creativity because we have prove which is Nairaland.That's the kind of relationship that exist between HUMANITY and DIVINITY.We've never see him and we believed in him coz we have prove(The Bible) that he exist...Even those that died and rose again into this world testify of his existence.
Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by enshy: 9:53pm On Mar 01, 2017
dhardline:
James 2:19
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

When I hear people say they do not believe in God I can't help but wonder why men have decided to be so blind and proud to accept the truth.

The world we live in today is steadily veering off into the Era of artificial intelligence. Elon musk has said that in the future artificial intelligence will be so powerful that they will solve calculations previously impossible to man and they will be able to build replicas and even more advanced copies of themselves. Sounds impossible right? But to me it's so very possible. Now if as a man I design an application/AI for a bank and programmes into it what I want it to do and during use it misbehaves, what do I do? It's either I check for bugs and advice the bank to delete or update to make it do what it was meant to do perfectly.
Now man was created in God's image and was given the privilege to think independently just like AI's will be able to do and giving instructions to obey but he decided to follow the instruction of another and became unable to fulfill his Devine purpose on earth which is to serve God in spirit and in truth and letting Him lead him always.
Now God sent His only begotten son out of the love He had for what He created to take the form of His creation and to die for them so as to save man and reconcile him to God to be able to fulfill his purpose on earth and reign with Him in heaven(which is just like updating a malfunctioning app/AI) but man having free thought says he needs no saving that he's doing good the way he is.

Now let's imaging as a developer you sent updates out for your app cause it has errors/bugs and put a date that if anyone refuses to update by the stipulated time that the app will automatically stop working and hence be deleted from the device and then someone refuses or maybe an Ai refuses to update itself. Will you as the designer be wrong to shut down the app/Ai because you know it has issues?
Well that is the same thing God will do to those who refuse to accept the salvation he has freely given us(not of works lest any man should boast). Destroy them

You think it absurd right at my trying to merge the concept of AI and the concept of man, we'll they are not the same but similar. if man is created in the image of God then it is most likely man will grow and learn and ultimately try to create something similar to himself. Read on the fears arising from the singularity of AI and you'll understand that if things go on without any interruptions(which is not possible) that a time will come when AI will say man never made them and assume we were just here to destroy the world they(AI) have made beautiful.

Man has a lot of issues, unfortunately most of the so called pastors(90 percent or more) are not leading men to the truth/light so as to have true salvation, all they do is motivate people on how to make money and make them think they are saved. If they were teaching the truth Nigeria will not occupy the second most religious and almost the most corrupt country at the same time.

Seun the truth has to be sought and not just sit and listen alone... The way to salvation looks too easy to believe but you can never believe until you have exhausted all your self righteousness and self wisdom. Seek the truth, ask for light with all sincerity and humility and you will receive it. Shalom.
Thanks Bro In Christ.
We shall be praying for them. We will save some.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by dhardline(m): 10:00pm On Mar 01, 2017
enshy:

Thanks Bro In Christ.
We shall be praying for them. We will save some.
You are welcome brother but say God will save them. We will lead them to the light and pray that God opens their eyes so they see.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by enshy: 10:00pm On Mar 01, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
If you do, maybe Ild give it a thought.
And who are they? Are these your mentors in atheism?
Christ died for all! Think about that!!
Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by davien(m): 10:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
So the book that tells you god wrote it also tells you gods enemy' believes in god too.. SHOCKING! shocked

Next up water is wet
Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by enshy: 10:45pm On Mar 01, 2017
davien:
So the book that tells you god wrote it also tells you gods enemy' believes in god too.. SHOCKING! shocked

Next up water is wet
So its shocking to you too that if the enemy believes God exists, then you atheists need help in God! Very shocking to me too!
If truly atheists are very intelligent and good at logical reasoning, you should know that if someone is an enemy, there is both a subject and an object, definitely both must exist!
Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by Seun(m): 11:09pm On Mar 01, 2017
Seun:
enshy:
Egbon Seun, we live by Faith...Existence is of Faith, Life is lived of Faith...
In other words, you just choose to assume that all the stories in the Bible are true. That doesn't seem to be terribly smart. I could just choose to assume that Harry Potter actually exists, but I would only be deceiving myself. You need to investigate the Bible before believing in it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by frank317: 11:12pm On Mar 01, 2017
enshy:

So its shocking to you too that if the enemy believes God exists, then you atheists need help in God! Very shocking to me too!
If truly atheists are very intelligent and good at logical reasoning, you should know that if someone is an enemy, there is both a subject and an object, definitely both must exist!

God exists only in your head... you have been opening silly thread to prove the existence of your God yet there is nothing convincing neither have ur so called God helped you accomplish this task. Its quite a shame u are trying so hard and getting frustrated with the fruitless effort.

believing in a God no one has seen is a choice not every one is willing to make. If your God has chosen to remain in hiding leaving you the whole task of proving to your fellow humans that he exists, then i just pity you because you sound more like a clown to me. You are either just dumb(no insult intended) or you dont actually know what you mean when you say the word God.

you define God in all mightiness, ascribing to him so much that even your human head cannot carry, yet you make jest of this mightiness by thinking the task is upon an ordinary you to prove to your fellow humans that he exist. Your God is really more of a clown.

You dont see anything wrong with trying to prove to ur fellow humans that their creator exists, you dont see anything wrong with the fact that common humans (ordinary creations of the creator) actually doubt the existence of their so called almighty, all poweful, all knowing creator...

seriously how sick are you? Do you even ever sit down to think?

2 Likes

Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by Nogodye(m): 11:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
Seun:

In other words, you just choose to assume that all the stories in the Bible are true. That doesn't seem to be terribly smart. I can just choose to assume that Harry Potter actually exists, but I would only be deceiving myself. You need to investigate the Bible before believing in it.

Then let here your investigation on The Bible

1 Like

Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by enshy: 11:38pm On Mar 01, 2017
frank317:

God exists only in your head... you have been opening silly thread to prove the existence of your God yet there is nothing convincing neither have ur so called God helped you accomplish this task. Its quite a shame u are trying so hard and getting frustrated with the fruitless effort.

believing in a God no one has seen is a choice not every one is willing to make. If your God has chosen to remain in hiding leaving you the whole task of proving to your fellow humans that he exists, then i just pity you because you sound more like a clown to me. You are either just dumb(no insult intended) or you dont actually know what you mean when you say the word God.

you define God in all mightiness, ascribing to him so much that even your human head cannot carry, yet you make jest of this mightiness by thinking the task is upon an ordinary you to prove to your fellow humans that he exist. Your God is really more of a clown.

You dont see anything wrong with trying to prove to ur fellow humans that their creator exists, you dont see anything wrong with the fact that common humans (ordinary creations of the creator) actually doubt the existence of their so called almighty, all poweful, all knowing creator...

seriously how sick are you? Do you even ever sit down to think?
No one has forced you to believe in God.
Are my posts directed to you? Friend, you may as well not read the thread.
I dont help you understand Gods existence. Its left for God!
Your fight against God doesnt move Him, its futile!
Nothing as dumb as atheism! What have global atheist campaign achieved? Nothing...The world isnt bothered neither moved...Atheism is even yet to be recognized! Its a waste of time to prove anything cos your decision is borne out rebellion!
You offend yourself young man to think God will stoop low to prove Himself...We have all accepted Him without proofs, no special treatment. If you choose not to believe, you fool yourself!
Dumb? Thats the state of all enemies of the gospel at judgment!
Let me school you: we dont carry God in the head but heart! I guess atheism is in your head cos its borne out of reasoning; no wonder your analysis lack conviction...All I see rebellion!!!
Your words even lack the intelligent reasoning (unlike others) atheism professes. It seems you just joined yesterday, you may have a rethink. God is full of mercy.
Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by enshy: 11:46pm On Mar 01, 2017
Seun:

In other words, you just choose to assume that all the stories in the Bible are true. That doesn't seem to be terribly smart. I can just choose to assume that Harry Potter actually exists, but I would only be deceiving myself. You need to investigate the Bible before believing in it.
You see semantics is the problem now.
Faith isnt assumption...Did you assume your lineage to be right? Our biological parents, did we assume them?
Bro, we believed them! Faith is the word. Yes we believed every word.
I guess atheism is then an assumption that there is no God! So you have been supporting a crusade based on assumptions? Assumptions fail my brother! Run to Jesus while you may!!! We have Truth that we believe not assume!
Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 01, 2017
just when you think a christian is about to prove shvt, he still come and quote the book written to back up his delusions..

1 Like

Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by enshy: 11:59pm On Mar 01, 2017
yemimajid:
just when you think a christian is about to prove shvt, he still come and quote the book written to back up his delusions..
When I saw your post, I thought this guy is one of those logical thinkers until I saw 'belief is key'
Now, what do you believe? belief is key to what?
I just hope you have not joined them because you couldnt beat them!
Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by Seun(m): 12:01am On Mar 02, 2017
Nogodye:
Then let here your investigation on The Bible
The Bible is filled with so many errors, such as internal contradictions, claims which are contrary to science and illogical, failed prophecies, failed promises such as the promise to answer every prayer, etc. It's unlikely that this is any wise God's chosen means of communication.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB3g6mXLEKk

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by LordOfNaira: 12:07am On Mar 02, 2017
enshy:

When I saw your post, I thought this guy is one of those logical thinkers until I saw 'belief is key'
Now, what do you believe? belief is key to what?
I just hope you have not joined them because you couldnt beat them!

Aside the stories written in the Bible, what other proof do you have that there is a God and a Devil and that the devil believes in the God?

1 Like

Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by enshy: 12:09am On Mar 02, 2017
Seun:

The Bible is filled with so many errors, such as internal contradictions, claims which are contrary to science and illogical, failed prophecies, failed promises such as the promise to answer every prayer, etc. It's unlikely that this is any wise Gods's chosen means of communication.

Bros, have you read the bible yourself to discover these?
You saw the video obviously. Do you believe it or assumed it?
How did you come to agree that the stuff in that video is true?
Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 02, 2017
Easily one of the worst and laziest arguments against atheism I've seen. Its like saying in batman fought Superman in a DC comic so if batman believe Superman exists why can't you

2 Likes

Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by enshy: 12:20am On Mar 02, 2017
LordofNairaland:

Aside the stories written in the Bible, what other proof do you have that there is a God and a Devil and that the devil believes in the God?

When I see someone hurl insults at a God he himself says does not exist: I deduce two things:
1. That God exists and
2. That Person is likely to be influenced by the devil for he is the only known enemy of God.
So if an atheist believes God doesnt exist, the atheist should rest and act like He doesnt exist! Dont throw jibes at something that doesnt exist...You waste much energy, reasoning on a non-existent God, that is good proof, there is God! For you to believe and act against your beliefs, you are not consistent and therefore not working alone, your partner must be devil, the only known enemy!

1 Like

Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by LordOfNaira: 12:23am On Mar 02, 2017
enshy:

When I see someone hurl insults at a God he himself says does not exist: I deduce two things:
1. That God exists and
2. That Person is likely to be influenced by the devil for he is the only known enemy of God.
So if an atheist believes God doesnt exist, the atheist should rest and act like He doesnt exist! Dont throw jibes at something that doesnt exist...You waste much energy, reasoning on a non-existent God, that is good proof, there is God! For you to believe and act against your beliefs, you are not consistent and therefore not working alone, your partner must be devil, the only known enemy!

When I find something ridiculous and I point out the ridiculousness of it, it is not to make the thing significant. I am not an atheist but I don't believe in the Christian god. I find his portrayal in the Bible very ridiculous and I point it out in arguments with Christians.

2 Likes

Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by obinna58(m): 12:35am On Mar 02, 2017
Comforting lies always provide them a way to live forever even when u are dead so why won't they have a simple "belief" who wouldn't want to live for eternity undecided
Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by enshy: 12:35am On Mar 02, 2017
LordofNairaland:

When I find something ridiculous and I point out the ridiculousness of it, it is not to make the thing significant. I am not an atheist but I don't believe in the Christian god. I find his portrayal in the Bible very ridiculous and I point it out in arguments with Christians.
You talk about Him because you know He exists but dont believe in Him. Thats Fine, your opinion!
But the atheists say He doesnt exist. Why stress over a non-existent God..They upload vidoes, circulate materials to prove a non-existent God.
Its the funniest comic ever! What fallacy! What deceit!! They cant be working alone, the hand of the enemy, the devil is in it cos he is the only known enemy of God!

1 Like

Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by mrmrmister: 1:32am On Mar 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Lmfao
An imaginary evil believes there is an imaginary good
Re: The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? by JimloveTM(m): 1:33am On Mar 02, 2017
Seun:

The Bible is filled with so many errors, such as internal contradictions, claims which are contrary to science and illogical, failed prophecies, failed promises such as the promise to answer every prayer, etc. It's unlikely that this is any wise Gods's chosen means of communication.

Chief, I took out my time to watch the video. Let's reason logically. The Bible was written by men, what you see as variations and errors are how the writers of each Bible book saw and reported the incidence. You will agree that 2 journalist for example will report same incident differently, but that obviously don't mean that the incident never happened. Also the Bible books were not written immediately when they happened. You can't expect them to be with their writing materials when each event unfolded making the possibility of a delayed documentation inevitable. One common thing about delayed documentation or report is that the witness begins to lose sight or count of the event or numbers which of course will account for some variations.

The variations as seen is a big evidence that the events actually occurred, because if it was a cooked up story like you are alleging, the authors would have perfected their script.

If these variations are reasons for you being a non believer, you should think again.. Yes we are intellectual beings but come on, don't be a victim of your own wisdom.

Like I will always say, I rather believe in God and find out when am dead that there's none that to be alive and claim atheist only to be hit with the truth in a land of no return.

Make God guide you to the truth. I am not claiming to know the truth, but with all i have seen all my life, i dont need proof to believe there's a God somewhere, who actually listens. I only know my story and convictions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jihad: The Sixth Deadly Pillar Of Islam / Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! / Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.