Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,444 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

NBC Withdraws Radio Licences Of 54 Companies - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / NBC Withdraws Radio Licences Of 54 Companies (23082 Views)

NBC Fines Radio Station For Playing Falz's This Is Nigeria / NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs / NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBC Withdraws Radio Licences Of 54 Companies by Satioshi: 5:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
Oildichotomy:
Che you are okay sha??
I doubt..
Re: NBC Withdraws Radio Licences Of 54 Companies by talk2saintify(m): 5:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
Lovegisty:
sad sad sad

A MAN CANNOT EVEN TIE HIS SHOE LACE IN PEACE ANYMORE?

SEE PHOTO OF THE DAY HERE grin grin grin grin

this picture gat me laffing ma ass out..

choi casting* grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NBC Withdraws Radio Licences Of 54 Companies by Otsealu1(f): 5:17pm On Mar 01, 2017
I've not heard of #3 exist in Benin cos I never heard of it
Re: NBC Withdraws Radio Licences Of 54 Companies by anonimi: 5:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
Blurryface:
.I salute you guys for one thing... Stupidity.

See pot calling kettle black.
Are the guys lying or your are typing from the abundance of Aisha rice

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3073565_ctuafvju8aakuv5_jpeg49a942de8e3d1d388856e63d96b767a5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2098851_109602783_jpeg1fa095d1e8964ccd66363d37dc6c81b3

1 Like

Re: NBC Withdraws Radio Licences Of 54 Companies by Kiakia(m): 5:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
Gistedge:
walahi, i av never heard of them in my life.
They have not begun operation yet. That is why you have not heard about them.
Re: NBC Withdraws Radio Licences Of 54 Companies by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 01, 2017
shamecurls:

Does this make a meaning?

”’The law guiding the award of provisional licences is very clear. Once granted the licence, you have 60 days to pay for it and a two-year period to come on air,” the source, a very senior official at the Commission, told the publication.

”It then means that if you fail to make payment within the stipulated time or could not come on air within two years, the licence offered to you is automatically revoked.”

So efficiency of government only applies to matters relating to FM licenses.
Re: NBC Withdraws Radio Licences Of 54 Companies by miqos02(m): 5:22pm On Mar 01, 2017
ok
Re: NBC Withdraws Radio Licences Of 54 Companies by hatchy(f): 5:38pm On Mar 01, 2017
Keneking:
Ok, this is an attack on the media and practise of journalism.

- Couldn't they have contacted the investors?
- Was there any communication on intent to cancel all licenses?
- Sure this matter would end in court.
- The potential job losses associated with this action was not considered.
- Obviously, APC is no longer tolerant of the activities of the 4th Estate
- Imagine if just 10 FM stations enter the space, there would be balance ahead of 2019 elections
- Was frequency awarded?
- Will they refund all the cost associated with the licenses which individuals/ companies might have spent?

Useless and nonsense action by LMohd' embarassed embarassed
Useless action by FG
Nonsense action by APC

But where is lalasticlala sef lipsrsealed

Why did you stop taking your drugs,eehn?
Oya see now,because of your laxity you're going to end up in that infamous place-Yaba Left.

Ndo o!
Re: NBC Withdraws Radio Licences Of 54 Companies by CHANNELStv2020: 6:08pm On Mar 01, 2017
NO PROBLEM WE GET RADIO BIAFRA,UNBANDABLE
Re: NBC Withdraws Radio Licences Of 54 Companies by UnknownT: 7:54pm On Mar 01, 2017
arsenal33:
even their names sound horrible.

imagine listening to I’Moving
The name of the company isn't necessary the name of the radio station. Raypower: DAAR, Rhythm: Silver bird group, CoolFM, NaijaInfo n Wazobia : Aim consultants (?)
Re: NBC Withdraws Radio Licences Of 54 Companies by marv1: 8:09pm On Mar 01, 2017
Bros. Conditions have been stated for operation. I remember John Momoh of channels T.v. He said he almost lost his licence because it was 6months to the expiration date. If not for British council that came to his aid by giving him a tranmiter device on loan in order to come on air at the first time.
Keneking:

- Imagine if just 10 FM stations enter the space, there would be balance ahead of 2019 elections
- Was frequency awarded?
- Will they refund all the cost associated with the licenses which individuals/ companies might have spent?

Useless action by FG
Nonsense action by APC

Re: NBC Withdraws Radio Licences Of 54 Companies by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 01, 2017
Billyonaire:
Who needs radio when you can broadcast right from the internet and have larger audience? Radio is so old school.
most Nigerian don't have access to internet, even most in urban areas are not Internet compliant and still love radio

1 Like

Re: NBC Withdraws Radio Licences Of 54 Companies by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
uzobaby:
most Nigerian don't have access to internet, even most in urban areas are not Internet compliant and still love radio
You have a point there, but as internet subscription gets cheaper, radio has no future. I am sure you will agree with that.
Re: NBC Withdraws Radio Licences Of 54 Companies by cyrilamx(m): 8:16pm On Mar 01, 2017
I thought is Osinbajo in charge. Why screaming Buhari. Plz attack Osinbajo...he gave the directives same way he gave CBN directive.....
donsteady:
Buhari is worst than trump
Re: NBC Withdraws Radio Licences Of 54 Companies by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 01, 2017
Billyonaire:
You have a point there, but as internet subscription gets cheaper, radio has no future. I am sure you will agree with that.
Yes,,,not talking of subscription but most Nigerian are not Internet friendly, it's a gradual thing anyway
Re: NBC Withdraws Radio Licences Of 54 Companies by donsteady(m): 9:28pm On Mar 01, 2017
cyrilamx:
I thought is Osinbajo in charge. Why screaming Buhari. Plz attack Osinbajo...he gave the directives same way he gave CBN directive.....
in life, we have positive and negative, when is negative, is Buhari and when is positive is automatically Osinbajo lol
Re: NBC Withdraws Radio Licences Of 54 Companies by cyrilamx(m): 9:53pm On Mar 01, 2017
donsteady:
in life, we have positive and negative, when is negative, is Buhari and when is positive is automatically Osinbajo lol
that means PMB erred in his choice of Osinbajo as running mate cos without the influence of Buhari, pyo would have remained within the confine of his career. Maybe PMB could b termed a dullard too wen he made Osinbajo head of the economic team...or very relevant as against previous vps. Let shun bigotry n learn to be honest in our assessment.
Re: NBC Withdraws Radio Licences Of 54 Companies by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 11:11pm On Mar 01, 2017
Keneking:

- Was frequency awarded?

Useless action by FG
Nonsense action by APC

I can bet my life you did not read the news at all cos if you do you won't type this rubbish up here..

Go back and read..
Re: NBC Withdraws Radio Licences Of 54 Companies by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 11:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
Keneking:

I did. This is a desperate attempt by Lai Mohammed-led Ministry to kill the upcoming growth of the media industry in the country.
Radio is still the most dominant form of mass communication globally. I am sure they don't know the wider implications of this action.
Just to protect the interest of a few elements in the APC.
Useless action

Even if they fail to meet up with the 60days and 2yrs stipulated by NBC to pay and start operation? They should have allow them? hahahaha..

No wonder your hero fail woefully..
Re: NBC Withdraws Radio Licences Of 54 Companies by greatman247(m): 11:32am On Mar 03, 2017
Keneking:

- "By the way, no potential job loss at all because these radio stations have not commence operations yet after they have been approved to commence operations"

How can you state for sure? Do you know the process? Do you think its a day's job? Do you think that to install transmitters etc is mounting local antenna in your sitting room?

- "And also the law guiding the NBC issuance of such Licence was clearly spelt out that they must pay within the 60 days time frame once they have been issued the Licence and that they have 2 years to go on air."

Why are we always selective in the (full) application of laws in matters where we benefit largely?

- We need a democratic space and this is not negotiable (APC/PDP/APGA/SDP/ANPP others). Period.

Listen their failures to go on air is nobody's business. Follow the law and no room for excuses. A wise business man does his home work well including planning ahead for uncertainties. Can you go and get a drivers Licence when you don't have means to buy a car or have intention to drive car before your Licence expires or you have no other need for that Licence? Or you go over to get a visa when you don't have means to travel eventually? And when your visa expires you blame it on people? Nah it's not done. When you fail at first attempt you try again. When the Licence is withdrawn they should go back to drawing board and do their home work well and go back to get the Licence and start afresh and then follow the law and become serious this time. You don't get a Licence and go and keep it somewhere when you should have put it to work. You know you don't have a means or you're not a serious person you should allow others that are serious do the business. This affects economy of nation, again this does concern politics parties. The law affects everyone, it happens to me and I am not a member of any political party and I never come up here to blame anyone I have to do what I have to do.
Re: NBC Withdraws Radio Licences Of 54 Companies by saint047(m): 7:46am On Mar 04, 2017
Blurryface:

I salute you guys for one thing... Stupidity.
another myopic fellow seeking for cheap popularity

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olamide Releases His Own Version Of The Shaku Shaku Dance / Eh: Alhaji: Alhaji: (music Video Out) / Wizkid Signs First Artiste To Starboy Label

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.