Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Do You Believe In Angels? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Angels? (9765 Views)

God And His Angels. / Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? / I Do Not Believe in God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by mantraa: 4:10pm On Dec 16, 2009

Revelation 12:4
His tail swept down a third of the stars of the sky.

Revelation 12:4
Then the dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that the moment she gave birth he might devour the child.

Revelation 12:5
The woman gave birth to a son, a male child who will rule all nations with an iron rod.  And her child was snatched away,

Revelation 12:5
, up to God and to his throne.

If you believe in angels then surely, you must believe in the dragons and demons as written in the bible too?
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Beautymc(f): 5:59am On Dec 17, 2009
I so much believe in Angels
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by felofelo: 10:09am On Dec 17, 2009
I definately believe in angels because i believe in God, it only makes sense.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by achilace(m): 6:11pm On Dec 17, 2009
Angels do exist, they are all around us. we all have guardian each and everyone of us. Angels exist. aint there at least someone here whos seen an angel?
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Tudor6(f): 6:17pm On Dec 17, 2009
Anyone who says he's seen an angel should as a matter of concern have his head examined.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Tudor6(f): 6:18pm On Dec 17, 2009
Anyone who says he's seen an angel should as a matter of concern have his head examined.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by mantraa: 8:27pm On Dec 17, 2009
This is very interesting and fascinating. It seems like some people will believe in absolutely anything. Angels, demons, dragons, witches, mermaids, talking donkeys and snakes, etc. etc. Especially if it is written. If it was written then it must be true.

I know that people who believe in these things are not dumb and use their intelligence and powers of rational thinking and critical reasoning in all other aspects of their lives.
Why is it then, that when it comes to religion the brain becomes disengaged and just accepts things which are totally irrational and impossible?
Are religious people genetically wired that way and atheists not? Is it in our genes?

They say that 'curiosity killed the cat' and in a hostile environment that is what was most likely to happen. Therefore the most superstitious, who didnt question so called 'supernatural' occurances were most likely to survive and reproduce. When it comes to christianity, not so long ago if anyone was to question any of the stories in the bible, no matter how illogical, you would be branded a heretic and put to death. Even if you just think a story in the bible seems ridiculous, is that thought blasphemous or is it your brain using its natural intelligence and instinct to ask questions?
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by keemason: 7:40pm On Dec 18, 2009
As a muslim is part of my believe to believe in Angel, please let us also respect others opinion, those that did not believe or are still in thought let them prove it,Some has done a lot of research on this issue but come out with diff. result, so may God help us.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 20, 2009
What a load of hogwash , where in the world has anyone come a across a non existent being. I'd sooner believe in E.T than in angels , god or God , satan/devil/lucifer or whatever the Bleep you call all of 'em and you guys.
As for ma handle , it is a '' revelation '' to the real truth , the Bible and Q'uran are great works of fiction and probably the highest selling story books
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 20, 2009
@ jediknight: Science has answered a lot more questions than the Bible and Q'uran has in over a thousand years of their existence , stop deluding yourself and as my area guys would say , fun ra ni brain - give yourself brain.
Mark 9 , 1 - And he ( Jesus ) said unto them , '' Verily I say unto you , That there be some of you that stand here , which shall not taste of death , till they have seen the Kingdom of God come with power ''.
Please can a reasonable and logical thinking person explain why the Kingdom of God has not come with power yet.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by VALIDATOR: 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2009
As long as anybody admits what he [b]believe[/b]s is just a [b]believe [/b]I don't have issues there. But when a person claims that his own believe is the truth then he must understand that thinking men like us will demand rational confirmation.

So,those of you who believe in angels are you admitting that it is a believe or are you saying it is true?
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by ayobase(m): 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2009
Without being garrulous,
AngelS exist and will always!
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by ilosiwaju: 12:56am On Dec 23, 2009
We have names for people who have many beliefs for which there is no rational justification. When their beliefs are extremely common we call them 'religious'; otherwise, they are likely to be called mad, psychotic or delusional. Clearly there is sanity in numbers and yet, it is merely an accident of history that it is considered normal in our society to believe that the creator of the universe can hear your thoughts,while it is demonstrative of mental illness to believe that he is communicating with you by having the rain tap in morse code on your bedroom window. And so, while religious people are not generally mad, their core beliefs absolutely are

The End of Faith by Sam Harris

achilace:

Angels do exist, they are all around us. we all have guardian each and everyone of us. Angels exist. aint there at least someone here whos seen an angel?

guardian angels? scheeeeez! what next? thisday or tribune angels?
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Tudor6(f): 7:12am On Dec 23, 2009
^^
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by mantraa: 1:13am On Dec 24, 2009
Maybe angels are like fairies, such as peter pans's tinkerbell, They only exists as long as you believe in them?

When you stop believing in them, they cease to exist.

The brain is the most complex machine known to man and is constantly making sense of the world around us by making things which are not real in our subconscious mind, match things that are real in the real world. The most obvious of these phenomenon are optical illusions (seeing things) and audible illusions (hearing voices). Maybe your brain is also capable of convincing your mind that something which is totally irrational, illogical and contradicts all the facts that you know about the real world is true. You are 100% convinced that fairies angels are real even though if you just thought about it rationally you would know that they are not.

For example; look at what happened to Zeus. People stopped believing in him and he just ceased to exist.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Knight1(m): 11:57am On Dec 24, 2009
@ndipe, am seriously feeling you, however u have not clarified the time Angels were created so for the benefit of others, lets go back to Genesis

1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (full stop)
1:2 And the earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God upon the face of the waters.

This Scripture shows that God was before the beginning(that needs to be established), at the point of beginning, the first things he created were heaven and earth, not Angels!!!!
In between verse 1 and verse 2, is a lot of time in which Angels were created and and Lucifer revolted and was cast down to earth (which i personally believe was the cause of the 'formlessness' of the earth since i know God wouldn't creat an ugly, formless earth)
I think every other matter has been cleared by Ndipe.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by 190: 8:04pm On May 23, 2010
watch legion
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by poweredcom(m): 12:17am On Aug 07, 2010
Angels and demons are all in us humans ok every one has it ok all these una long talk sef tire person and whether u type JEHOVAH name small g. or big G means notin after all itz the white man that put our traditional belief GOD small g, and put his capital G why ask ur self telling us jesus was white while he was an essene jew whose clan trace back to ETHIOPIA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Secret Exposed! Why Do Christ Embassy Pastors Perm Their Hair,like Pastor Chris! / Rhapsody Of Realities 2020 Edition / Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.