Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Cost For 1 Story Building 3bedrooms By 4flats 2 Down 2 Up In Badagry, Lagos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost For 1 Story Building 3bedrooms By 4flats 2 Down 2 Up In Badagry, Lagos (2261 Views)

Ikosi - Ketu 2 & 3bedrooms Flats / Gas Explosion Rocks Badagry, Lagos (Photos) / Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost For 1 Story Building 3bedrooms By 4flats 2 Down 2 Up In Badagry, Lagos by assmokson: 3:01am On Mar 02, 2017
Greetings to all pros in property and niaralanders,

I am about to commence a project of building a 4 units, 3 bedrooms flat with 2 flats down and 2 flats upstairs. I am newbie in this type of work however I am seeking the knowledge of the pros to please help me out in breaking down the price according to the segments listed below:

1.Fencing: Like to know the list of materials and cost plus labour charges to complete the fencing to 12 coaches.

2. Cost for the foundation: I will like to know the list of materials and costs that will be needed to complete the foundation.

3. Soak -away: I will like to know what are the materials needed for the soak-away and labour charges to complete the soak-away.

4. Cost from foundation level to decking level: Like to know likely materials and costs that will take the building from foundation level to decking level. Please note this is not include cost for decking.

5. Cost for Decking: I Will like to know the materials & costs plus labour charges for decking only.

6. Cost for construction from decking level to roofing level: I will like to know what are the materials and costs require to get the building to roofing level.

7. Roofing: In this stage I will appreciate if pros can recommend good and reliable roofing types that are value for money and cost effective since I understand the materials and costing will depend on the type of roofing I want to use. I will appreciate if the materials can be listed together with the costing just like the 4 previous stages.

The land is located in Badagry, it is a dry land but since Badagry is consider to be a beach area it is said that the foundation will require raft foundation. Pls do take note of this when you are sending me the quota.

Please note I expect all costing to include labour charges and hiding costs that are likely to show up as the project progresses. I will appreciate if all materials and cost can be properly details for better understand.

I will so much appreciate everyone contribution on this thread as I really want to prepare myself before going into this project. i wouldn't want to jump start a project I will not be able to complete however I seek your knowledge and guidance before commence this project.

I may even accept quotation from a very good person that offer reasonable prices and high intelligence in building 4 flats around Badagry area and involve the person in the project. You have a great chances to involve in the project so please send good and reasonable quotations that shows you really have full knowledge on construction of this type of building. .

I have share some of the building plans with this thread i did hope that can be helpful when calculating the cost of all materials that will be needed for the project. I will not tolerate any kind of unruly and ungodly person, if you know you are not genuine pls do not send any quotation but if you are trust worthy and straight forward person you can send your quotation since you have chance of wining the project.

I want all discussion to be public so no email as i want all nairalanders to participate in this thread. All quotations should be sent here for general public to see so that we can all have an healthy debate about it and I promise the right person will be given the project to lead.

All your contributions and guidance will surely be highly appreciated. I will await everyone contributions and I am pretty sure I will not be disappointed based on all valuable information I have acquired in Nairaland at the past. I want response as soon as possible as I plan to start the project before raining started.

Thanks and God bless, may God continue to replenish your knowledges in millions folds.

Thanks to everyone that offer to contributes to this thread in advance.

Re: Cost For 1 Story Building 3bedrooms By 4flats 2 Down 2 Up In Badagry, Lagos by jeftalene(m): 11:29am On Mar 02, 2017
See rough estimates of various types of building projects, current labour rates and prices of building materials in Nigeria at www.engineerosaz..com

Best of luck on your project!

1 Like

Re: Cost For 1 Story Building 3bedrooms By 4flats 2 Down 2 Up In Badagry, Lagos by olumide4christ: 11:38am On Mar 02, 2017
Contact a professional QUANTITY SURVEYOR to determine construction costs for you.... see an excerpt from my thread below

"Preparation of Bills of Quantities & Material Schedules

This is about the most common service generally known to be provided by the Quantity Surveyor. Bill of Quantities is a document prepared with the aid of drawings which comprises quantities of work items and their unit rates, which give the actual cost of the proposed project and can also be used for tendering and bidding purposes. Aside from informing and guiding the client about the project’s cost, it is also used when the client is planning to engage a contractor in the construction of his/her project. It should be noted that this document can be prepared for both building and civil engineering (roads, bridges, railway lines, dams, etc) projects.

On the other hand, Material Schedule is a document which comprises quantities of constituent materials and their current market prices, required to be purchased for use in the construction of a project. It is commonly used where the client purposes to use direct labour and/or labour-only form of procurement for the construction of his/her project and so therefore, plans to source for materials personally. Sometimes, on special demand by the client, in addition, a labour-only schedule can also be prepared and incorporated. The labour only schedule lists the items of work in a project that have a labour content and applies a current labour charge to each of them, so as to inform the client on the probable costs he will incur in engaging labour to carry out the individual items of work in the prroject. It should however, be noted that the material prices and labour charges/rates listed in these schedules differ from one location to another.

It should be noted that any project which commences without a bill of quantities and/or material schedule is bound to have issues at one time or the other since there is no basis for which the project can be managed. The client would just be putting money into the project without knowing how much still needs to be done until the time when funds would run out. Its just like walking through the Sahara desert without a map or a compass. That's the reason why abandoned projects abound all around the place".

Visit my thread for more information - https://www.nairaland.com/2836058/talk-quantity-surveyors-construction-costs/1
Re: Cost For 1 Story Building 3bedrooms By 4flats 2 Down 2 Up In Badagry, Lagos by olumide4christ: 11:40am On Mar 02, 2017
If you wish to contact me, my contact details are in my signature below.
Re: Cost For 1 Story Building 3bedrooms By 4flats 2 Down 2 Up In Badagry, Lagos by assmokson: 2:49am On Mar 03, 2017
Thanks Mr. Olumide, I indeed appreciate your response and time you have taken to reply to my thread. I actually understand what you are saying and quite aware of bill of quantity. I have actually gotten one together with architecture, mechanical and structural plan, I have demanded for this from the onset when the proposal site was about to draw.

But the point is that I did not have 100% trust on what I have received because it was done by a distance friend introduce to me by a family member. That is the reason I have came to Nairaland to seek the knowledge of the professionals that have full knowledge on this area. I really need someone that can do a quotation based on what i have written in my main thread and If the quotation is perfect with me I could involve such person in the project.

I want all quotation to be share public over here since I want everyone to see and share their opinion about it moreover it could also serve as a learning platform for anyone planning to do similar project in future.

I believe your contributions, others contributions, together we can build a better future for Nigeria.

Still very much appreciate the effort you have put in to reply the thread and I owe you in high esteem.

Thanks very much and God bless.

olumide4christ:
Contact a professional QUANTITY SURVEYOR to determine construction costs for you.... see an excerpt from my thread below

"Preparation of Bills of Quantities & Material Schedules

This is about the most common service generally known to be provided by the Quantity Surveyor. Bill of Quantities is a document prepared with the aid of drawings which comprises quantities of work items and their unit rates, which give the actual cost of the proposed project and can also be used for tendering and bidding purposes. Aside from informing and guiding the client about the project’s cost, it is also used when the client is planning to engage a contractor in the construction of his/her project. It should be noted that this document can be prepared for both building and civil engineering (roads, bridges, railway lines, dams, etc) projects.

On the other hand, Material Schedule is a document which comprises quantities of constituent materials and their current market prices, required to be purchased for use in the construction of a project. It is commonly used where the client purposes to use direct labour and/or labour-only form of procurement for the construction of his/her project and so therefore, plans to source for materials personally. Sometimes, on special demand by the client, in addition, a labour-only schedule can also be prepared and incorporated. The labour only schedule lists the items of work in a project that have a labour content and applies a current labour charge to each of them, so as to inform the client on the probable costs he will incur in engaging labour to carry out the individual items of work in the prroject. It should however, be noted that the material prices and labour charges/rates listed in these schedules differ from one location to another.

It should be noted that any project which commences without a bill of quantities and/or material schedule is bound to have issues at one time or the other since there is no basis for which the project can be managed. The client would just be putting money into the project without knowing how much still needs to be done until the time when funds would run out. Its just like walking through the Sahara desert without a map or a compass. That's the reason why abandoned projects abound all around the place".

Visit my thread for more information - https://www.nairaland.com/2836058/talk-quantity-surveyors-construction-costs/1
Re: Cost For 1 Story Building 3bedrooms By 4flats 2 Down 2 Up In Badagry, Lagos by assmokson: 8:34am On Mar 03, 2017
jeftalene:
See rough estimates of various types of building projects, current labour rates and prices of building materials in Nigeria at www.engineerosaz..com

Best of luck on your project!

Thanks so much Jeftalene I really thankful for the link you shared with me. It really helpful in the area of cost of materials and I found it incredible because the prices there are similar to the prices I have gotten based on my findings. Nigeria is full of many good people, and people like you and engineer Osas made me more optimistic that Nigeria future is going to be great.

I am still looking for someone that will give something close to accurate figure on the costs and materials that I will use for the project based on the housing plan and my explanation on my main thread.

Thanks so much and God bless.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

## SHORT-LET : 2 Bedroom Apartment In Lekki.. N 35k (daily) . ±pix's ## / Generators For Sale / Solid 3Bedroom Flat Via Osolo Way, Isolo (A Year Rent)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.