Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Please Advice Me On What Action To Take Against My Employer - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Please Advice Me On What Action To Take Against My Employer (1564 Views)

Advise Me: Non-payment Of Salary By My Employer Even After Service Year! / Edo Female Corper Beaten To Coma By Her Employer's Brother (Photos) / Real Estate Seminar At No Cost!become Independent!become An Employer Of Labour! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Me On What Action To Take Against My Employer by DeBlessedOne(m): 12:27pm On Mar 02, 2017
I'm so upset right now because it seems my quietness in my work place is being mistaken for cowardice.

I'm a corper in Batch A, stream 1, abia state. I was posted to a secondary school wer I've been working for close to a year.

Now my service year is rounding up this march and I've already applied for my 3 weeks terminal leave from work before Passing out (POP).

I worked tru awt d month of february and I haven't been paid yet. I went to my director and asked if I would be paid during my leave or b4 I embark on the leave. He didn't say a word to me.

Another staff later cornered me and told me that he plans not to pay me dat last month's salary that I worked for. She furthermore said that he has been doing same to previous corpers working in that establishment. I've already gotten my final clearance letter from him last week after I fueled his gen for the print out.

Now I av set my exam questions and given them for typing but I still have the marking scheme with me. I teach Biology (SS1 - SS3), Agric science (SS1 and SS2) and Prevocational studies (JSS1 - JSS3). Should I withhold the marking scheme until I'm paid or wat? I need advice. The salary is N10,000. Its not much but its my home and abroad.

Re: Please Advice Me On What Action To Take Against My Employer by czarina(f): 3:04pm On Mar 02, 2017
Its Pathetic What Corp Members Go Through Serving The Country And Worst Of All Are Private Organisations Paying Stipends To Corp Members All In the Name Of NYSC, even getting the stipend na wahala. Would Have Given You One Advice Like That But Seeing That U're Passing Out Soon, It Will Be A No Go Area As It Could Be Used Against You Knowing Ur B'ass Might Be The Devil Himself.U Don't Wanna Risk Service Extention Without Pay. Just Call The Mods And See If It Can Be Moved To FP so U'll Get Other Opinions On It. For Me Sha, If He Proves A Hard Nut To Crack In The Long Run, Just Let Him Rot With His Stipend, It Wil Be Hard, But It Will Pass. But Again Call The Mods, Would Have Helped U Do That But Not So Sure Of The Spellings. Lemme Try Tho. Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Mynd44 And Ofcourse Oga Seun. Fp Please!
Re: Please Advice Me On What Action To Take Against My Employer by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 05, 2017
Ur terminal leave starts on ur p.o.p. Meaning, April 27 makes it a year since u left for the orientation camp. The Federal Government is gifting u 3 weeks plus payment (ur final allowee will be double of d normal amount). That is why ur p.o.p is on April 7th.
Re: Please Advice Me On What Action To Take Against My Employer by JohnieWalker(m): 6:07pm On Mar 05, 2017
ruxxz:
Ur terminal leave starts on ur p.o.p. Meaning, April 27 makes it a year since u left for the orientation camp. The Federal Government is gifting u 3 weeks plus payment (ur final allowee will be double of d normal amount). That is why ur p.o.p is on April 7th.
What is this one saying? Please carry out your research before you yarn stories
Re: Please Advice Me On What Action To Take Against My Employer by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 05, 2017
JohnieWalker:

I rest my case then, goodluck.
Re: Please Advice Me On What Action To Take Against My Employer by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 05, 2017
JohnieWalker:

If you have a contrary explanation, why don't you share it?
Re: Please Advice Me On What Action To Take Against My Employer by Sola2010: 3:10pm On Mar 06, 2017
ruxxz:
Have u forgotten the date for the termination leave is included in the posting letter? Abegi only say what u r sure of.
Re: Please Advice Me On What Action To Take Against My Employer by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 06, 2017
Sola2010:

Have u forgotten the date for the termination leave is included in the posting letter? Abegi only say what u r sure of.
That is how it is. D date on d posting letter is only a "probable" date.
Re: Please Advice Me On What Action To Take Against My Employer by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 06, 2017
Analyse this, pls

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me On What Action To Take Against My Employer by DeBlessedOne(m): 10:06am On Mar 10, 2017
Well, I figured since I've gotten the final clearance from my school, I dnt owe them my allegiance anymore.
Re: Please Advice Me On What Action To Take Against My Employer by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2017
DeBlessedOne:
Well, I figured since I've gotten the final clearance from my school, I dnt owe them my allegiance anymore.
U hav no business with them then. The final clearance would have been what they would used to hold you back. Relax well before ur p.o.p..cheers

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How True Is This Information??? Batch B16 / NYSC Letter Of Exclusion. / Please Who Can Confirm This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.