Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,321 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills (31904 Views)

Common Vocabulary Mistakes / Ten Tips To Improve Your Vocabulary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by shumuel(m): 11:21am On Mar 03, 2017
How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills.

Here is a very simple approach to increasing your vocabulary skills.

Learning 10 new words a day for 365 days total to 3650 new words a year, with such an amount of new words you cleary would increase your vocabulary.

How To Find New Words To Learn

1. A Dictionary should be your first point of call.

2. Newpapers and Blogs would also help in your search.

3. Novels and books, where else can one find new words if not books.

4. Nairaland Threads has an enormous amount of new words, trust me on that, reading most threads rather than skipping to the comments is a no no if you are trying to increase your knowledge on words, you definitely would had miss a lot of new words by doing so, try to read threads to the finish and you wont regret it.

Note: Pen down the new words immidiately and search a dictionary for the meaning of the words or google search for better understanding, google gives a better explanation and also the right usage of words in a sentence.

You can add more to further educate ourselves.

cc
lalasticlala
Fynestboi

40 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by Ratiolak(m): 12:14pm On Mar 03, 2017
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. cool

3 Likes

Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 03, 2017
Educative, meanwhile this dude above me don thief my FTC!

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by Lovegisty: 12:15pm On Mar 03, 2017
Wow... Thanks for the Info!!!! Good one! wink wink wink

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT VALUE A GOLD PRODUCT AND YOU MAKE PURCHASE OF IT. THIS POST IS FOR YOU .

READ HOW TO SPOT A FAKE GOLD HERE. THANK ME LATER
grin grin
Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by Ratiolak(m): 12:15pm On Mar 03, 2017
Mavin1:
If i hear!
Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by Jaytecq(m): 12:15pm On Mar 03, 2017
just carry d new edition of dico here and there.
Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by buoye1(m): 12:15pm On Mar 03, 2017
Wow... I will always use my dictionary
Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by mcmurphy132(m): 12:16pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nice one
Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by ayatt(m): 12:16pm On Mar 03, 2017
thanks op
Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by rosalieene(f): 12:17pm On Mar 03, 2017
hmmmm
Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by Jeffrey12(m): 12:17pm On Mar 03, 2017
nice one op. very educative

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by ameezy(m): 12:17pm On Mar 03, 2017
angry
Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by abbeyty(m): 12:17pm On Mar 03, 2017
i beg show me how to increase my bank balance not this

2 Likes

Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by LordXaaan: 12:17pm On Mar 03, 2017
Even if buhari does this for 10years, he will still not be able to pronounce FIVE correctly.

1 Like

Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by chinex276(m): 12:17pm On Mar 03, 2017
op should also tell us how to improve our local language. it has been relegated to d background

3 Likes

Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by ifenes(m): 12:17pm On Mar 03, 2017
How can I improve my Yoruba? I would rather speak bad English and excellent Yoruba.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by Stancity(m): 12:17pm On Mar 03, 2017
Unfortunately most people wont buy the idea.. They prefer to watch Nude related posts and showcase their Tribal and Religious stupidity..

1 Like

Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by Backinfront(m): 12:17pm On Mar 03, 2017
K angry

how do I improve my igbo?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by oluwamae(f): 12:18pm On Mar 03, 2017
nice article
Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by Fuadeiza(m): 12:18pm On Mar 03, 2017
I do learn new words, most especially when watching movies and i check the meaning almost immediately... But coz of the kinda friends i move with i dont get to use those words and as time goes on i forget does words...

15 Likes

Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by bush112(m): 12:18pm On Mar 03, 2017
i
Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by lonelydora: 12:19pm On Mar 03, 2017
3650 words per year when I'm not Hon. Patrick Obaighbon(spell check) or writing IELTS or GRE. grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by izuch(m): 12:19pm On Mar 03, 2017
Its good to have command of the English language
Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 03, 2017
Ok
Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 03, 2017
Ratiolak:

If i hear!
grin
Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by Anderlis(m): 12:20pm On Mar 03, 2017
Most times we know the right words to use but it tend to skip our mind when speaking or writing.

4 Likes

Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by AlexCk: 12:21pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nice one Op

But not all blogs oo,
Some blogs eh, if u see some spellings, omo fear go grip u. Very painful, i mean excruciating, 'mentally' grin. grin grin.

Also, some movies too help,

Na for Sherlock Holmes i learn the word, 'discombobulated'. I was like, if i use this word for some people, them go think say na Curse o, lol

3 Likes

Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by Kennyodinye(m): 12:21pm On Mar 03, 2017
ifenes:
How can I improve my Yoruba? I would rather speak bad English and excellent Yoruba.
Spotted

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by Timiblanko(m): 12:23pm On Mar 03, 2017
It is easier said than done
Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by zicoraads: 12:25pm On Mar 03, 2017
Fuadeiza:
I do learn new words, most especially when watching movies and i check the meaning almost immediately... But coz of the kinda friends i move with i dont get to use those words and as time goes on i forget does words...
Kind of friends? What type of friends?
Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by petkoffdrake2(m): 12:27pm On Mar 03, 2017
Educative. This typa thread should be encouraged to penetrate front pay-ge so I'll enjoy wasting my day-ta
Re: How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills by idbami2(m): 12:28pm On Mar 03, 2017
Na all the words yyou go cme remember?
The best thing is to keep watchin' British and American series, with subtitles..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada / Female Children Are More Beneficial To The Family Than Male Children-oppose / Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.