Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,283 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? (5278 Views)

Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? / Pastor Says I Should Marry An Ifa Worshipper, Now I Am Regretting —wife / Occult Married Neighbour Wants To Date Me By All Means Pls Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by nuttyangel: 10:00am On Jan 19, 2007
would you go on and marry an occult member?my boyfriend of 4 years proposed to me. though i love him very much, am battlling with the fact that he is a self confessed rosicrucian(amorc). alhough it doesnt seem to matter now, i am afraid for the future and for the influence it might have on my childern. waht do you guys think?
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by promise72(m): 11:35am On Jan 19, 2007
whats occult memeber?
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by naijacutee(f): 11:35am On Jan 19, 2007
Why did you go out with him for 4  years if you knew he was a recruitian (?) Where did you expect the relationship to lead? Well,if you ask me, I will not commit myself to such marriage because you do not know whose head he has been asked to bring to the occult. (Or whose head he might be asked to bring in the future)

1 Like

Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by Ndipe(m): 11:37am On Jan 19, 2007
Return the ring and run away from the relationship. It aint worth it.
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by grafikdon: 6:44am On Jul 16, 2007
I assume your classification of A.R.M.O.R.C as a 'head hunting' occult organization is based on what 'you heard' and what you 'were told' by people who have no clue what A.M.O.R.C is all about. This is not a lecture on Rosicrucians but you must weigh every word of advice because they have strong spiritual implication. When you bear false witness against your neighbour with a rock solid conviction, you are threading on the wrong path and should be responsible for your volition tainted with ill will. It is your fault for accepting whole heartedly fallacies conjured by the malicious and prejudiced.

I have friends who are Rosicrusians as well as some family members and they are all happily married and everyone knows they who they are, there is nothing hidden from anyone. I have mixed with Rosicrucians enough to realize they understand the complete mechanism of the one of the adamantine laws of God popularly known as Karma or the law of retributive justice and they will NEVER intentionally act in a way that will bring harm to their fellow human being, physically or otherwise. . . they are too spiritually conscious for that kind of atrocity.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO HUMAN SACRIFICE IN AMORC. . . there never was and never will. Be careful so that you may not burden yourself with the guilt of false witness. If the Rosicrucians are happily married, what makes you think your case will be different? He will NEVER persuade you to join him. . . you can raise your child in whatever religion you belong and when the child comes of age, he/she can chose her/his own path.
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by Nobody: 2:26am On Jul 17, 2007
nuttyangel:

would you go on and marry an occult member?my boyfriend of 4 years proposed to me. though i love him very much, am battlling with the fact that he is a self confessed rosicrucian(amorc). alhough it doesnt seem to matter now, i am afraid for the future and for the influence it might have on my childern. waht do you guys think?

If you want to have demons around your dwelling place 24/7, go ahead.
Happy wedlock!
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by grafikdon: 2:30am On Jul 17, 2007
babyosisi:

If you want to have demons around your dwelling place 24/7, go ahead.
Happy wedlock!

And you are very sure of this because. . .? shocked

Do not forget that bearing false witness against your neighbour violates one of the ten commandments. . . smiley
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by Nobody: 2:34am On Jul 17, 2007
how you even have the nerve to spend time with a self confessed occult member is a mystery to me.

1 Like

Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by Nobody: 2:48am On Jul 17, 2007
grafikdon:

And you are very sure of this because. . .? shocked

Do not forget that bearing false witness against your neighbour violates one of the ten commandments. . . smiley

well make she try am,let's see
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by outlaws(m): 3:04am On Jul 17, 2007
cool

What does these things mean?
Can some one shade some light on the meaning of these things. Difference between occult and cult member? Rosicrucian and AMORC? People in Nigeria may know what these things are, but Nairaland users are not just people living in Nigeria.

Where are the lecturers? I came to class today prepared. As you know, Nairaland is an Institution.
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by Ndipe(m): 3:54am On Jul 17, 2007
Any organization that does not believe in the Divinity of Jesus Christ, is to me, false!
Grafikdon, you are defending amorc, but do you know if the tenets of amorc acknowledges the Truth that only Jesus Christ is the Way to God Almighty?
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by desgiezd(m): 11:33am On Jul 17, 2007
The word "Occult" means it is evil, so ruuuunnnnnnnnn
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by benit(f): 11:00am On Jul 18, 2007
If you are not comfortable with his religion or beliefs don't go into marriage with him. It may not matter now but what if after marriage he tells you to join him or you start noticing some weird things about him? Think about that.
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by dominobaby(f): 1:16pm On Jul 18, 2007
Can a man put hot coal under his feet and not be burned?

No matter how long you guys have been together, its not late to quit. Think of what your marriage will look like when certain things begin to crop up as a result of his past deeds.
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by dominobaby(f): 1:16pm On Jul 18, 2007
Can a man put hot coal under his feet and not be burned?

No matter how long you guys have been together, its not late to quit. Think of what your marriage will look like when certain things begin to crop up as a result of his past deeds.
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by nossycheek(f): 3:03pm On Jul 18, 2007
@Topic

What for?
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by k9(m): 11:58pm On Jul 29, 2007
Now I just gotta add my voice to this. The only person who has said
anything meaningful is grafikdon.

This is my take on the matter: It has been said that people usually criticize
what they don't know and understand. In this case, and in the Nigerian/African
setting, the word occult has been so 'stigmatized' and smeared that it can easily
pass as a synonym for evil. Well I was as ignorant as many of you guys in the not too
distant past. I will have you know that I was born and raised in a catholic family and
my mother is one of those people they refer as being more catholic than the pope.
The message there is that because of my religious upbringing, such words/people as
"occults" were the same as evil/devils to me. Until I "saw the light," to put it in the
words of my "born again" christian brothers and sisters, especially those who left their
church and went to another. I "saw the light" when I started to read books from other
religions/denominations, INCLUDING books by so called occultists. I will probably always
consider myself a catholic, even if I stopped attending a catholic church today.

I have read a variety of books from other religions- hinduism, occult (including books by
rosicrucians), etc, and other non-religious book, and regarding the rosicricians I can tell
you authoritatively that there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING evil about them. For those
of you who say they are an evil group, have you personally experienced or read
(as against HEARING) anything that suggests they are an evil group? I can guarantee
that all your comments are based on what u have heard, and as I'm sure you know,
and as grafikdon has stressed, stories get distorted as they travel from one person
to the other. Take also that fact I stated earlier that people don't understand what
they don't know.

I'll give an analogy to explain the last sentence. For you non-science students, who know
nothing about Physics, do you think you would understand a thing about physics or chemistry
if people knowledgable about it were talking about it. Similarly, do you think you would
understand anything that programmers and such technical IT people would be saying
if you know nothing about the subject. Therefore until you have personally come in contact with,
and had a chance to weight for yourself, such matters as "occultism" or any religious matter
at all, it is best to hold your peace rather than negatively judge them. Or at least hold remain
impartial on the subject.

Now regarding the Rosicrucian, in all the literature I have read, I have never come across
anything negative or evil in their ways, and I have read quite some of their literature. On the
contrary, I have probably learnt more about christianity and God and being a good person
from the little I have read of, and know of them, than all my 'catholic' years. I won't bother
going into specifics here about them and their doctrine -which I might add is much more
christian and Godly than what is being taught in many many religions/denominations,
but all I will advice anyone is to refrain from negative talk about the occult and anything you
know little or nothing about for your own good.

Like grafikdon, I have also read enough about them (but not personally been with them) to
know that they have a lot of good things to teach you about christianity that you most likely
will never learn about in your church, and while youu most likely will think you would rather
not learn anything of their "evil and occult" ways, all I will say is 'you just don't know.'
Anyone who is willing to set aside their preconceived notions and beliefs about the occult,
and let reason and their prior knowledge of christianity prevail, will see that there is a lot
of similarities in their doctrines and what we are taught in churches. BUT the occult tells
you the deeper meaning of things and lets you see it in a different light.

Yes many of their doctrines may sound strange and are hard to swallow because you have never
heard of it before, or it sounds strange or it clashes with your present belief system, but is it
impossible that they may offer a different way to look at the same subject, for example the
theory of reincarnation? Even I still find many of the rosicrucian teachings to be strange,
but just because it is strange to me is no fact or argument that is it incorrect. Just like
if a scientist tells you he can turn paper to gold, does it mean it is impossible and that he
is talking crazy if you don't believe him or dont think it is possible?

But of course, there will still be many more of such (ignorant) comments as previously posted,
even in light of what I have said above. All I can do is wish such people well and hope you
see the light someday. smiley
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by Ndipe(m): 12:27am On Jul 30, 2007
My take is this, what's the belief of the rosicrucians? is it attuned to the beliefs of Christianity? Do they believe in the existence of God, (and I just dont mean a "higher power"wink as some organizations are apt to term it that way. Do they believe in the physical death of Jesus Christ, as well as His Bodily Resurrection? What is your take on this@k9?
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 30, 2007
@ topic,
this is really nice, i guess i also will be in the same shoe with you.
I'm an adherent of the GRAIL MESSAGE otherwise known as 'crossbearer'.Though i'm in a serious relationship with a lady that belongs to the same cult i do.But am sure if i'm supposed to get married to a lady that shares a different belief from mine i'll definitely be in the same shoe with you.
Let me tell you with genuine sincerity that most people are afraid of things they don't know at all, and they go about saying different things all around.
With this kind of faith am treading we're allowed to get married to any person that will best compliment us.So if i found out later that am truly in love with a rosicrucian, an eckist.Then i'm ready to marry her if she's also ready to be for me.

My question to the poster is,
1. for those 4 years you've been with him, have you seen anything fetish on him?
2. are you truly in love with him, or you just want to get married?

if you answer is positive then i will obliged you to go for him, he's best suitable for you.
There's nothing wrong to fall in love with someone who shares a different belief contrary to yours.

I WISH YOU BEST OF LUCK

N.B: AND TO THOSE OUT THERE WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT SOMETHING SHOULD NOT OFFER A WORD OF ADVICE.
COS REMEMBER THE LAW OF KHARMASUTRA WILL CATCH UP WITH YOU IF YOU DO SO.

And thanks to grafikdon and k9, i respect you guys a lot.
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by chiegemba(f): 12:51pm On Jul 30, 2007
@ topic; u would find answers to a similar thread like urs here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=67483.msg1338566#msg1338566 *occult & cult members r d same thing.
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by Maneater1(f): 2:00pm On Jul 30, 2007
enitan2002:

@ topic,.
COS REMEMBER THE LAW OF KHARMASUTRA WILL CATCH UP WITH YOU IF YOU DO SO.[/b]
And thanks to grafikdon and k9, i respect you guys a lot.

@ enitan pls is it the law of karma or karmasutra? lol. at the posterr, if u have any reservations or doubts about ur fiance's beliefs then i wud not advise u follow thru with the marriage. I'm not here to criticize anyones relious beliefs. and it is true people fear what they do not know, i guess its the secrecy that comes with theses cults. If its very open, anyone on the road can walk into the churches then people will understand. i think people recognise only xtianity and islam as the only 2 acceptable religions pioneered by the son of God and a holy prophet. not mere mortals/people who form something.

And at the poster u know what they say, a famnily that prays together stays together. u wudnt want to go to church alone on sundays while he goes to his church alone. too mucgh diversity in a family is bad, a family is supposed to be one unit heaing in one direction with one goal.
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2007
Man-eater:

@ enitan please is it the law of karma or karmasutra? lol. at the posterr, if u have any reservations or doubts about your fiance's beliefs then i would not advise u follow through with the marriage. I'm not here to criticize anyones relious beliefs. and it is true people fear what they do not know, i guess its the secrecy that comes with theses cults. If its very open, anyone on the road can walk into the churches then people will understand. i think people recognise only xtianity and islam as the only 2 acceptable religions pioneered by the son of God and a holy prophet. not mere mortals/people who form something.

And at the poster u know what they say, a famnily that prays together stays together. u wudnt want to go to church alone on sundays while he goes to his church alone. too mucgh diversity in a family is bad, a family is supposed to be one unit heaing in one direction with one goal.

so what about zoroaster who was sent to the people of iran, lao-tse to china, buddha to india, krishna to india,
what can you say about these beings?

People like you just lie within the confinement of walls of your various religious dogmas, you dont even know whats happening outside the walls you are entrapped.

There's nothing like secret.You would found out later on that the so-called secrets are just facts you havent been opening yourself to
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by k9(m): 8:50pm On Jul 30, 2007
Ndipe:

My take is this, what's the belief of the rosicrucians? is it attuned to the beliefs of Christianity? Do they believe in the existence of God, (and I just don't mean a "higher power"wink as some organizations are apt to term it that way. Do they believe in the physical death of Jesus Christ, as well as His Bodily Resurrection? What is your take on this@k9?

Yes their beliefs are attuned to the christian beliefs. Yes they believe in God,
and it makes no difference how they call Him, different religions refer to God
by different names. In my opinion, those who refer to God as higher Power
are just trying to tow the line of "neutrality." For example, in a congregation
of muslims and christians and Hindus, etc. How would you refer to God when
all these people call Him by different names. If you call God, the muslims and
others could very easily take it you are not referring to their God, just on the
basis of name. That is my most simplistic explanation.

Yes they believe in the physical death of Jesus Christ and His resurrection.
BUT and this is perhaps one of the things that makes their ways resonate
with me. They don't just tell you something and ask you to believe it line and
sinker. They want you to experience these things yourself, which is very different
from what our churches teach us, including my catholic church. I have found
this to be the same with Hinduism.

When they tell you about karma, they tell you the hows, and why's, and give
you examples to try prove it to you. For example, when my catholic church talks
about purgatory, they ask me to take it as a finality with no further explantion.
When the rosicrucians talk about purgatory, they go deeper to explain it from
a different perspective, and by so doing, you have a chance of believing it
heart and soul because it "makes sense" to you, not because someone said so.
I should also state that their doctrine is somewhat a combination of science and religion,
if I can put it that way. In other words, many of the things that say can be verified
by scientific means, so that for the lay man, when faith and belief alone is not enough or
won't do the job, you can get your answers from a scientific standpoint. But then again, I'm
probably not explaining it in the best of ways.

I challenge anybody who is open minded and willing to grow. Simply visit their website
and read some of their articles, and see if you will see anything evil. For example read
some of the articles on this webpage: http://www.rosicrucian.com/zineen/pamentoc.htm
and see if you won't find at least one article that will make sense to you and that you
will learn something valuable from it. Again, remember that some of the things you will read
may sound like outright rubbish, but then again, a scientist talking to farmer will be talking
rubbish, but all the scientist has to do is take the farmer to his lab and let him watch you turn
air into water for example.
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by k9(m): 9:37pm On Jul 30, 2007
If I may add, if you are willing to read a few articles on the link I gave above,
you can start with this one: http://www.rosicrucian.com/zineen/magen203.htm
and possibly this: http://www.rosicrucian.com/zineen/rebirth.htm
which talks about the theory of rebirth which is one of the most common of their
doctrines that people know about. Now, if this was my first time of hearing about
reincarnation, and I read that article, it surely will give me food for thought, and since
they give Bible passages to prove what they say, I will be more likely to accept it as a
possiblity. However, what argument have our 'everyday' churches given to prove or
rubbish the theory of reincarnation? NONE. All they say is that it there is no such thing,
end of story. Where as the rosicrucians say it exists and gives you some proof.

There are many many such instances where they give a doctrine and either try to prove it
in the Bible or in any other way, rather than ask you to accept it as a finality.

Another one I like is the topic of healing. Our churches, especially the penticostal/new
generation churches teach us that God does not wat us to be sick, and the "devil is
a liar" and such statements. How often do you hear them say that God does not want
you to abuse your body, by eating bad foods, or thinking bad, evil thoughts, etc.
All that happens is that you fall ill, for example cancer as a result of smoking, and
they ask you to come for healing and miracle service. While miracles do happen and
all, the rosicrucians will counsel you and caution you on your lifestyle before or while
they try to heal you. I can go on and on, but better than that read for yourself.
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by Nobody: 2:24am On Jul 31, 2007
Has the poster married or fled from the occultic man?
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by Ndipe(m): 2:28am On Jul 31, 2007
Good point you brought out there, but truthfully, amorc runs counter to the tenets of Christianity. The Holy Bible states that Man is appointed to die once, and afterwards come judgement. That's the truth. Any Christian who does not believe in reincarnation would most certainly disassociate themselves from amorc.

Now what happened to awolowo? A staunch member of amorc, who even told his 'disciples' that he was greater than mohammed and - - - because he had more disciples than them. I read that in a Nigerian periodical, and when he died, according to stories that circulated, his 'disciples' were sorely disappointed when he did not rise up on the third day.

Unbelievable!
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by Nobody: 2:43am On Jul 31, 2007
was it Awolowo or the founder of cele who said he'll rise up in 3 days?
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by Ndipe(m): 4:10am On Jul 31, 2007
The article I read pertained to Awolowo. I dont know if any cele leader made such an absurd claim.
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 31, 2007
babyosisi:

was it Awolowo or the founder of cele who said he'll rise up in 3 days?

make u know mind am, na one man wey dey call himself jesu oyingbo (jesus of oyingbo) that said that
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by Chiori(m): 10:57pm On Aug 01, 2007
Me and occultist? Haa! As far as the sun is from the stream in my village and cannot meet, that is the distance between me and them.
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by Ndipe(m): 2:44am On Aug 02, 2007
Jesu of Onyingbo, the founder (?) of Cele also made that assertion which did not come to pass, and I know that. I read it in Newswatch magazine in the 80's. Same applies with Awolowo, because that was what I read. Now, did he actually believe that he would rise again on the third day? That I cant say for sure, but the periodical that I read claimed that his disciples thought he would rise on the third day.
Re: Would You Go On And Marry An Occult Member? by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 02, 2007
Ndipe:

Jesu of Onyingbo, the founder (?) of Cele also made that assertion which did not come to pass, and I know that. I read it in Newswatch magazine in the 80's. Same applies with Awolowo, because that was what I read. Now, did he actually believe that he would rise again on the third day? That I can't say for sure, but the periodical that I read claimed that his disciples thought he would rise on the third day.

letters killeth if you understand it the wrong way, Jesu of Oyingbo is not the founder of cele, but OSHOFFA is.
And to say Awolowo said he's going to rise again, thats a blunt lie to that great sage.He didnt even have the time to tell his followers that he's going to rise after the 3rd day, but he quitely passed on in his sleep.
So NDIPE, stop spreading what you know not at all, or else you will be bound to those you mislead, and it's until every one of them is free from your erroneous view, then your way to ascent will then be open.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is There A Limit To Making Love To One's Wife? / Place Your Kids Ahead Technologically. This Tablet Has Over 100 Educational Apps / Mothers Can I Wear Gown For My Baby's Church Dedication?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.