Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,781 members, 7,827,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread (6954 Views)

Tecno L9 Plus Unboxing, Hands On And First Impression / Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Is Coming Soon, See Rumored Specs And Images / Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by TechLector: 9:27am On Mar 04, 2017
Tecno Mobile has been teasing fans with yet another upcoming smartphone named Tecno L9 Plus couples of days now. Just some days back, we revealed some leaked and rendered images of the Tecno Camon C10 (CX) said to feature 4 Cameras (2 front cameras and 2 rear cameras); a sign that we are in that period of the year again when virtually all smartphone manufacturers will start displaying their creativeness by releasing different wow-ish devices into the African mobile markets.

It is certain that the Tecno L9 will be launching first alongside the Tecno L9 Plus to add up to the L-series range of smartphones known for huge battery capacity and the rumored Tecno Camon C10 with 4 cameras.

Just as it name implies, the Tecno L9 and L9 Plus, an upgrade and direct successor to the battery centric Tecno L8 and L8 Plus with powerful 5050mAh juicers launched in 2016 will both be coming with impressive features and larger battery sizes with Quick charge support. The L-series line of Tecno Mobiles is known for their huge battery capacity just like the Gionee’s Marathon line. Gionee M6 launched in 2016 that packed a 6000mAh battery capacity, and anything lesser than that on the L9 or L9 Plus will be undesirable because this is 2017. smiley

Other speculations about the forthcoming L9s is that the two smartphones will house a much better design with amazing camera lenses and upgraded software for an impressive performance.

What we expect from the Tecno L9/L9 Plus

Body: Metal build
Display: large 6-inch HD IPS display (Exp.)
Dual 13MP rear Camera with Dual Flash and 8MP front Camera with Flash (Exp.)
Memory Capacity: 2GB of RAM for L9 and 3GB of RAM for L9 Plus (Exp.)
Storage Capacity: 16GB (expandable up to 128GB) (Exp.)
Battery Capacity from 5OOOmAh, 4G LTE, Fingerprint scanner, bigger processor
This is not much of a phone I guess. However, Tecno L-series devices do not always come with high-end features, so we shouldn’t be expecting too much from these upcoming Tecno phones. But we are certain about a robust battery size that can hold more power than a man in the other room and an improved camera.

Rumored Tecno L9/L8 Plus Specifications

Based on spreading rumors and leaked photos, the Tecno L9 and L9 Plus will come as a 6-inch HD IPS display smartphone with screen resolutions measuring 1280 x 720 pixels.

As captioned on the image teased by Tecno recently, “Tecno L9 Plus holds more power than your boyfriend. Always in charge” has gotten everyone talking about this kind of teasing spirit. This means that the battery has the ability to sustain the device more than 3 days on full charge. Battery talk time which was formerly 8 hrs should be increased to something around 15 hrs and standby time formerly 250 hrs should be able to boost the devices up to 300 hrs. it is also said that the device will be able to withstand 35 hours of video playback and 28 hours of intensive gameplay.

The devices are actually juiced by 5000mAh battery with Ultra-Power saving mode installed on the devices will make users minimize the way these phones consume battery.

That is not all, aside the powerful juicers that back both the L9 and L9 Plus, the devices look a lot thinner than its predecessors despite their large batteries packed behind them, thanks to great engineering from Tecno Mobile team. We have been able to gather that the two devices will come in different colors: Blue, Black, Gold, Champagne Gold, and Anthracite Grey.

These Tecno devices have switched from plastic cases to metals that make the phones even lighter in spite of their battery sizes.

A source claims that the device will come with a dual rear camera with each camera having a 13MP sensor using both the rear camera setup as seen on Tecno Phantom 6 and Apple iPhone 7 Plus. Of course this sounds like an awesome deal, but it should be noted however, that such camera configuration on a mid-range smartphones will definitely move the price point to the high-end segment.

Moving ahead to the chipset section, the forthcoming Tecno phones are expected to come powered by the usual Quad-Core Mediatek processor which will be supported by 2GB RAM for the Tecno L9 and 3GB RAM for the L9 Plus with an internal storage memory of 16GB each. The phone is likely to run Android 7.0 Nougat out of box.

Mere Speculations of Tecno L9 and Tecno L9 plus

Tecno L9 and L9 Plus status: Rumored

NETWORK

GPRS, EDGE, 3G, 4G LTE
HSDPA: 42.2 Mbps and HSUPA: 57.6 mbps
LTE Cat 6 300/50 Mbps
SIM type: Dual SIM

DIMENSIONS

Dimensions: -
Build: Metal
Notifications light: Yes

SCREEN

AMOLED Capacitive Screen
Width 6 Inches
Resolutions: 1280 x 720 pixels
Density: ~ 401 ppi

OPERATING SYSTEM

PROCESSOR

Chipset: -
CPU: -
GPU: -

CAMERA

Dual 13MP rear Camera, OIS, laser Autofocus, Dual-LED (dual tone) Flash
Video 2160p @ 30fps
8MP Front Camera
LED Flash

MEMORY

Internal memory of 16GB
Micro SD up to 128 GB
RAM 2GB and 3GB

CONNECTIVITY

WiFi 802.11 a / b / g / n dual Band
Wi-Fi Direct
Hot spot
With GPS – A GPS
Bluetooth v 4.0 A2DP
Micro USB v2.0
USB OTG

SENSOR

Fingerprint
Accelerometer
Proximity
light
gyroscope
Compass

BATTERY

5000mAh Li-Ion Battery
Non-Removable

[UPDATED]

source: https://techlector.com/tecno-l9-tecno-l9-plus/

Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by TechLector: 10:21am On Mar 04, 2017
more still loading

Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by Alfred234(m): 11:09am On Mar 04, 2017
The L9 plus is 5000mah it was on their facebook page this morning

1 Like

Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by TechLector: 11:19am On Mar 04, 2017
Alfred234:
The L9 plus is 5000mah it was on their facebook page this morning

Thank you sir, we have made necessary corrections to the post...
Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by TechLector: 1:36pm On Mar 04, 2017
They will be the beast

Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by Behankey(m): 9:08am On Mar 05, 2017
This phone will be massive. And if these specs is true, it's gonna come with a LED notification. Tecno surely doesn't wanna rest on their laurels.
Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by scarycuteface(m): 11:43am On Mar 05, 2017
Another great device coning from these Tecno guys. Safe to say that they are the best at what they do. Fingers crossed.
Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by Freelancerx: 1:41pm On Mar 05, 2017
Images and specs released so far is pointing to another huge stuff from Tecno. And they say this L9 plus can last longer than some boyfriends grin
Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 05, 2017
Tecno are now producing Gimmick
Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by TechLector: 4:57pm On Mar 05, 2017
Freelancerx:
Images and specs released so far is pointing to another huge stuff from Tecno. And they say this L9 plus can last longer than some boyfriends grin

lol
Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by oscillation55(m): 5:34pm On Mar 05, 2017
Indeed
TechLector:
They will be the beast
Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by saxfreak: 4:05pm On Mar 09, 2017
TechLector:
Tecno Mobile has been teasing fans with yet another upcoming smartphone named Tecno L9 Plus couples of days now. Just some days back, we revealed some leaked and rendered images of the Tecno Camon C10 (CX) said to feature 4 Cameras (2 front cameras and 2 rear cameras); a sign that we are in that period of the year again when virtually all smartphone manufacturers will start displaying their creativeness by releasing different wow-ish devices into the African mobile markets.

It is certain that the Tecno L9 will be launching first alongside the Tecno L9 Plus to add up to the L-series range of smartphones known for huge battery capacity and the rumored Tecno Camon C10 with 4 cameras.

Just as it name implies, the Tecno L9 and L9 Plus, an upgrade and direct successor to the battery centric Tecno L8 and L8 Plus with powerful 5050mAh juicers launched in 2016 will both be coming with impressive features and larger battery sizes with Quick charge support. The L-series line of Tecno Mobiles is known for their huge battery capacity just like the Gionee’s Marathon line. Gionee M6 launched in 2016 that packed a 6000mAh battery capacity, and anything lesser than that on the L9 or L9 Plus will be undesirable because this is 2017. smiley

Other speculations about the forthcoming L9s is that the two smartphones will house a much better design with amazing camera lenses and upgraded software for an impressive performance.

What we expect from the Tecno L9/L9 Plus

Body: Metal build
Display: large 6-inch HD IPS display (Exp.)
Dual 13MP rear Camera with Dual Flash and 8MP front Camera with Flash (Exp.)
Memory Capacity: 2GB of RAM for L9 and 3GB of RAM for L9 Plus (Exp.)
Storage Capacity: 16GB (expandable up to 128GB) (Exp.)
Battery Capacity from 5OOOmAh, 4G LTE, Fingerprint scanner, bigger processor
This is not much of a phone I guess. However, Tecno L-series devices do not always come with high-end features, so we shouldn’t be expecting too much from these upcoming Tecno phones. But we are certain about a robust battery size that can hold more power than a man in the other room and an improved camera.

Rumored Tecno L9/L8 Plus Specifications

Based on spreading rumors and leaked photos, the Tecno L9 and L9 Plus will come as a 6-inch HD IPS display smartphone with screen resolutions measuring 1280 x 720 pixels.

As captioned on the image teased by Tecno recently, “Tecno L9 Plus holds more power than your boyfriend. Always in charge” has gotten everyone talking about this kind of teasing spirit. This means that the battery has the ability to sustain the device more than 3 days on full charge. Battery talk time which was formerly 8 hrs should be increased to something around 15 hrs and standby time formerly 250 hrs should be able to boost the devices up to 300 hrs. it is also said that the device will be able to withstand 35 hours of video playback and 28 hours of intensive gameplay.

The devices are actually juiced by 5000mAh battery with Ultra-Power saving mode installed on the devices will make users minimize the way these phones consume battery.

That is not all, aside the powerful juicers that back both the L9 and L9 Plus, the devices look a lot thinner than its predecessors despite their large batteries packed behind them, thanks to great engineering from Tecno Mobile team. We have been able to gather that the two devices will come in different colors: Blue, Black, Gold, Champagne Gold, and Anthracite Grey.

These Tecno devices have switched from plastic cases to metals that make the phones even lighter in spite of their battery sizes.

A source claims that the device will come with a dual rear camera with each camera having a 13MP sensor using both the rear camera setup as seen on Tecno Phantom 6 and Apple iPhone 7 Plus. Of course this sounds like an awesome deal, but it should be noted however, that such camera configuration on a mid-range smartphones will definitely move the price point to the high-end segment.

Moving ahead to the chipset section, the forthcoming Tecno phones are expected to come powered by the usual Quad-Core Mediatek processor which will be supported by 2GB RAM for the Tecno L9 and 3GB RAM for the L9 Plus with an internal storage memory of 16GB each. The phone is likely to run Android 7.0 Nougat out of box.

Mere Speculations of Tecno L9 and Tecno L9 plus

Tecno L9 and L9 Plus status: Rumored

NETWORK

GPRS, EDGE, 3G, 4G LTE
HSDPA: 42.2 Mbps and HSUPA: 57.6 mbps
LTE Cat 6 300/50 Mbps
SIM type: Dual SIM

DIMENSIONS

Dimensions: -
Build: Metal
Notifications light: Yes

SCREEN

AMOLED Capacitive Screen
Width 6 Inches
Resolutions: 1280 x 720 pixels
Density: ~ 401 ppi

OPERATING SYSTEM

PROCESSOR

Chipset: -
CPU: -
GPU: -

CAMERA

Dual 13MP rear Camera, OIS, laser Autofocus, Dual-LED (dual tone) Flash
Video 2160p @ 30fps
8MP Front Camera
LED Flash

MEMORY

Internal memory of 16GB
Micro SD up to 128 GB
RAM 2GB and 3GB

CONNECTIVITY

WiFi 802.11 a / b / g / n dual Band
Wi-Fi Direct
Hot spot
With GPS – A GPS
Bluetooth v 4.0 A2DP
Micro USB v2.0
USB OTG

SENSOR

Fingerprint
Accelerometer
Proximity
light
gyroscope
Compass

BATTERY

5000mAh Li-Ion Battery
Non-Removable

[UPDATED]

source: https://techlector.com/tecno-l9-tecno-l9-plus/

The Amazing Technology Behind Gionee M6

Android smartphones have recently been built with amazing and unique technology that has been the defining selling point of these devices. Gionee M6 and M6 plus has also joined in the long list of Smartphones with unique selling point.

The defining technology in this device is it built-in data encryption chips, which Gionee claims is a first for any smartphone. This is partially true, as the TouchID-equipped Apple iPhone handsets do contain a “secure element” chip. But as far as we know, the financial industry-compliant silicon is used for storing data related to the Apple Pay feature, whereas Gionee went all in. The chip in the M6 and M6 Plus protects user data from malware and prevents potentially intercepted communications from being decrypted easily. This amazing technology has potentially been targeted at business professionals as it prevents malware and helps to secure data and avoid interception of communication line.

These elegant smartphone M6 and M6 plus are powered by the 1.8GHz (2GHz for the M6 Plus) MediaTek Helio P10 octa-core processor with 4GB of RAM and up to 128GB expandable storage. Both phones have regular microUSB ports and pack common connectivity features, such as 4G LTE, 3G, GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, and USB OTG.

This is where the similarities between the M6 and M6 Plus end, though. Measuring 5.99 x 2.96 x 0.32in (152.3 x 75.3 x 8.2mm) at 5.29oz (180g), the Gionee M6 features a 5.5-inch, 1080p-resolution AMOLED screen tuned to cover 100% of the NTSC color gamut. There’s a 13MP main camera with phase detection auto-focus and a single LED flash on the back, and the front is adorned with an 8MP cam.

What I love most is it’s amazing battery life of 5000mAh, which for M6 Plus is 6020mAh, it offers high battery capacity which lasts for long time – up to 6.4 hours of video playback, 55 hour calls, and 33 days of standby – according to Gionee and with a reverse charging i.e. can also be used as a power bank.

Finally, I would like to point other features I feel needs to be pointed out, which are business card scanner and translator, smart power consumption, gyroscope, electronic compass, gravity sensor, light sensor; hall sensor; and proximity sensor. Gionee M6 is in a class of its own when it comes to snapshots, it portrays creativity. With an 8MP front and 13MP rear camera with Face Beauty and a Screen Flash that allows you take selfies in the dark, every act of photography for you becomes an experience; every flash tells a story; every memory meets no end.

The amazing technology behind this elegant smartphone, Gionee M6, which is the built-in data encryption hardware makes it a go-to-phone for every phone lover that wants a secured communication and data. You should obviously consider getting one. Available at www.computervillage.ng[url][/url]www.computervillage.ng[left][/left]

source: www.computervillage.ng/blog

Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by bukasons: 10:20pm On Apr 26, 2017
How to Root Tecno L9 And L9 Plus Without Pc
http://flyerstech.com/root-tecno-l9-and-l9-plus/
Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by henry007(m): 10:24pm On Apr 26, 2017
Watch the L9 plus unboxing beside the Phantom 6 plus here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niu4KA5IWz8?a
Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by bizhop01: 12:56am On Jun 16, 2017
Resolutions: 1280 x 720 pixels Density: ~ 401 ppi ?
Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by shedy03(m): 7:48am On Jun 16, 2017
bizhop01:
Resolutions: 1280 x 720 pixels Density: ~ 401 ppi ?
lol, lie huh.
Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by Harmored(m): 6:22pm On Jun 25, 2017
PLEASE HOW MUCH WOULD IT COST TO BUY L9 WITH TECNO L8 PLUS
Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by ebuks4u: 12:35pm On Jun 27, 2017
How to root Tecno L9 and L9 Plus. The Tecno L9 and L9 Plus  is GSM / WCDMA based Android smart phone running on Android 7 (Nougat) Which is inside built in Mediatek chipset MT6580 (e.g L9Plus-H8011A1-N-170210V206).

How to root Tecno L9 and L9 Plus?
http://mtkspot.com/how-to-root-tecno-l9-and-l9-plus/
Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by cultist: 9:15am On Jun 28, 2017
Nawa 4 this guy above me, phone wey never full ground 4 market, na him u dey here dey publish on how to r00t.
Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by omoalajah(m): 1:42pm On Jun 28, 2017
lol. sharp people
cultist:
Nawa 4 this guy above me, phone wey never full ground 4 market, na him u dey here dey publish on how to r00t.
Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by datyorubaboy: 2:14pm On Jun 28, 2017
naso dem dey do to spoil phone
cultist:
Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by missslimzy(f): 2:35pm On Jun 28, 2017
Smiles
cultist:
Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by tafat: 4:47pm On Jun 28, 2017
Why would you root it?
Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by peluscoten(f): 2:50pm On Jul 14, 2017
Just got the tecno l9 plus and it has been so awesome yesterday i knelt down to pray and it dropped from my pocket and the screen got shattered though it still work well its up for 35k for resident in Abeokuta Ibadan or Lagos it comes with all accessories unused . Call me nomba at signature

Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by Ay92(m): 1:35pm On Aug 14, 2017
Cool phone
Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by Emagha(m): 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2017
New software update out via OTA v389

Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by ryfoz(m): 4:32am On Aug 18, 2017
peluscoten:
Just got the tecno l9 plus and it has been so awesome yesterday i knelt down to pray and it dropped from my pocket and the screen got shattered though it still work well its up for 35k for resident in Abeokuta Ibadan or Lagos it comes with all accessories unused . Call me nomba at signature

How does a female have a side pocket outfit in the church? my guess you were wearing a jean.

Anyway I recommend you pray again for a miracle of repair. smiley wink
Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by Yewandequeen(f): 11:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
I downloaded the update wch took like 7hrs and at 99% I I went to do something came back expecting to install but I saw zip error. Clicked OK and have search for the file ever since but still havent seen the file.

What do I do?

I can't afford to waste 1gb on download and the data is lost. Am so posse right now
Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by olatunji390(m): 8:30pm On May 22, 2018
pls how can i know where to take my tecno L9plus to for repair, the touch pad is giving me problem and its just bouncing and shaking anyhow.
Re: Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Discussion Thread by agent9(m): 2:36pm On Sep 08, 2018
System update v426 available

(1) (Reply)

Mtn 3g/dstv / Mtn Gave Me 2GB For 500 Naira / Unboxing Leagoo M8 Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.