Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

I Am Tired Of Paying All The Bills - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Tired Of Paying All The Bills (1177 Views)

His Wife Denies Him Sex Even When He Pays All The Bills / "I Am Tired Of Seeing My Husband's Hard Joystick Every Morning!" - Nigerian Lady / "I Am Tired Of Feeding And Clothing My Husband", A Woman Begs Court For Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Tired Of Paying All The Bills by Pcli: 6:38pm On Mar 04, 2017
My name is Joy and I have been married for 6years. My husband was recently laid off work and since then, life has been very difficult for us.

When my husband was working, we had two of his siblings living with us while my sister too stayed with us. In addition to our three children, that makes it eight people living in the house.

We are currently in a three bedroom apartment but have been given notice by the landlord to move out (due to non payment of rent). So we are in the process of moving to a two bedroom apartment. The three bedroom apartment was not big enough for the eight of us and we had to manage so it is evident that the two bedroom will not work.

I have tried to explain to my husband that his brothers should not move with us but he insists he can’t ask them not to come because they will have to return to the village. My sister on the other hand, helps us to take care of the children so it will be foolish to let her go. Besides, my brothers in law are male and do consume a lot of food while my sister barely eats.

My husband thinks we can still manage with everyone but I don’t agree. I am currently the only one earning money in the house and I don’t know how long I can keep up with this pressure before I blow my top. Please advise.

Please follow tinuola.blog or @pcli_ng on IG and twitter
Re: I Am Tired Of Paying All The Bills by Cutehector(m): 6:52pm On Mar 04, 2017
So his brothers aren't man enough to bring income to d table?
Re: I Am Tired Of Paying All The Bills by firstking01(m): 6:59pm On Mar 04, 2017
Pcli:
My name is Joy and I have been married for 6years. My husband was recently laid off work and since then, life has been very difficult for us.

When my husband was working, we had two of his siblings living with us while my sister too stayed with us. In addition to our three children, that makes it eight people living in the house.

We are currently in a three bedroom apartment but have been given notice by the landlord to move out (due to non payment of rent). So we are in the process of moving to a two bedroom apartment. The three bedroom apartment was not big enough for the eight of us and we had to manage so it is evident that the two bedroom will not work.

I have tried to explain to my husband that his brothers should not move with us but he insists he can’t ask them not to come because they will have to return to the village. My sister on the other hand, helps us to take care of the children so it will be foolish to let her go. Besides, my brothers in law are male and do consume a lot of food while my sister barely eats.

My husband thinks we can still manage with everyone but I don’t agree. I am currently the only one earning money in the house and I don’t know how long I can keep up with this pressure before I blow my top. Please advise.

Please follow tinuola.blog or @pcli_ng on IG and twitter
How old are his brothers and how old is your sister??, let's start from there first...??

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Paying All The Bills by yomalex(m): 7:02pm On Mar 04, 2017
Oga o Oluwa saanu eda o

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Paying All The Bills by baby124: 7:10pm On Mar 04, 2017
If you send them away, your sister must leave too. Otherwise you cause family problems for yourself. Tell your husband to make those guys find work. He needs to talk to them to start paying bills in that house if they are old enough. Also do your part to help them stand on their feet so they can either contribute to household expenses or leave and find their own house. You can look for job for them too you know.
Re: I Am Tired Of Paying All The Bills by Topestbilly(m): 7:13pm On Mar 04, 2017
angry
Re: I Am Tired Of Paying All The Bills by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 04, 2017
this issue is a very simple one

in order to make things work out easily first of all lead by example by moving your sister out, by doing so your husband have no other options than to follow suit

he will regard you as being selfish for you to request for his brothers to relocate while yours remains

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Paying All The Bills by thorpido(m): 7:40pm On Mar 04, 2017
Like someone asked,how old are the brothers and your sister?What are their short-term programs?
They should look for work(they can find menial jobs) and bring something to the table.
Speak to your husband about it.
Re: I Am Tired Of Paying All The Bills by datola: 7:58pm On Mar 04, 2017
Women! Once the man has a temporary financial challenge, they start complaining of everything on their head.

If what you are earning is okay to keep the family why not sacrifice till God provides another job for you husband.

The issue of his brothers living with you is just an excuse to tell the world you are now the one in charge.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Paying All The Bills by NoToPile: 9:27pm On Mar 04, 2017
A 2bedroom flat is not comfortable for 8 people naa, will the children, brothers and sister all stay in one room?

Sorry to say but I think those brothers are not helping out at all in the home that's why its looking like she's partial but in all honesty she's not. If you have 2 siblings( your own blood siblings) one takes care of your children saving you nanny costs and the other just lives in the house without any meaninhful impact and you have to let one go who would you let go? If we are going to be logical the one who contributes nothing will be let go its that simple... that's being logical.

Now let's be sentimental .... Since this is naija its better your sister and brothers in law leave the home for peace to reign because an average Nigerian will not reason with you that one is adding value to the home and the others (your inlaws) are not (but if its your sibling you tell to leave the same set of people will understand).

Its either you all stay in the 2 bedroom or all siblings leave.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Paying All The Bills by Acidosis(m): 10:22pm On Mar 04, 2017
I don't respond to Instagram fictions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Tired Of Paying All The Bills by Gpopsicle(m): 10:38pm On Mar 04, 2017
I know how difficult it is for you.. you just have to stay strong for the family.. I think your in laws should get something doing knowing fully well the situation of their brother.. at least they should help in getting more funds rather than lying fallow and lazying around...
Re: I Am Tired Of Paying All The Bills by Origin(f): 11:50pm On Mar 04, 2017
Everybody stays. Let your husband find work.

You only have business with your husband. Ask him for rent. Ask him for food.

Before next tomorrow he will send his brothers away by himself.

There is a difference between you can't cope and I can't cope.
Re: I Am Tired Of Paying All The Bills by pocohantas(f): 1:11am On Mar 05, 2017
datola:
Women! Once the man has a temporary financial challenge, they start complaining of everything on their head.

If what you are earning is okay to keep the family why not sacrifice till God provides another job for you husband.

The issue of his brothers living with you is just an excuse to tell the world you are now the one in charge.

Read to understand na.
Isn't she sacrificing enough? Women this and that...even a man who was previously supported by his wife financially, would find it difficult carrying 8 people alone in this economic crisis.

Madam, all the sibling should go, inclusive of yours.

Why would you people pack all your relatives in your house? Both male and female, in a house where growing kids are?
Nawa!

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Paying All The Bills by ifyalways(f): 6:41am On Mar 05, 2017
Acidosis:
I don't respond to Instagram fictions.
Gbam. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Paying All The Bills by sisisioge: 7:40am On Mar 05, 2017
Hmmmmmm...I kinda agree with you. However, because your sister is voted to stay behind albeit being useful while his brothers were voted out, it looks like you are being partial. Him, the brothers, their parents and even your neighbors won't understand. The best you could do is to allow everyone go with you to the new house, once you get there, the boys themselves would see just how tight it is and might decide to leave. About feeding the nation that is yours right now...We can only continue to pray that the dance doesn't remain yours alone for too long. Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

See How This Tech Will Change Your Family / Is It Compulsory To Use Ikoyi Registry / Men Will Love This Product (NOVAGE MEN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.