Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Seven Deadly Sins Christians Must Never Commit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seven Deadly Sins Christians Must Never Commit (509 Views)

Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? / Seven Deadly Sins Christians Must Never Commit / Seven Deadly Sins Christians Must Never Commit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven Deadly Sins Christians Must Never Commit by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 7:24am On Mar 05, 2017
Happy First Sunday of the month all my fellow NL....
There are these seven deadly sins which all xtians must stay away from which i will like to share with you all

These seven deadly sins in their current
form are not found in the Bible, however
there are biblical antecedents. One such
antecedent is found in the Book of
Proverbs 6:16–19, however only in the
Masoretic Text (the earlier translated
Septuagint version of this passage lacks
a clear preface and lists only five).
Among the verses traditionally
associated with King Solomon, it states
that the Lord specifically regards "six
things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven
are an abomination unto him", namely:

1. A proud (vain) look

2. A lying tongue.

3. Hands that shed innocent blood

4. A heart that deviseth wicked acts

5. Feet that be swift in running to
mischief

6. A false witness that speaketh lies

7. He that soweth discord among
brethren

Please stay away from sins, Hell is real

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seven Deadly Sins Christians Must Never Commit by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 05, 2017
Brother-In-Christ, the enlightenement and awareness is good but let me add that SIN IS SIN.
We would not be judged by a penal code or a constitution, and so there are no 'less severe or non-deadly ' sins.
Stealing of one Naira is as severe and deadly as Murder.
Again, you should look to the New Testament for correspondence. What happened to blasphemy againt the Spirit, Adultery, Fornication, Murder etc.
Let's not read the Bible in isolation.
God bless ya.

1 Like

Re: Seven Deadly Sins Christians Must Never Commit by hopefulLandlord: 7:29am On Mar 05, 2017
hmmm
Re: Seven Deadly Sins Christians Must Never Commit by Einl(m): 7:34am On Mar 05, 2017
It's not about staying away from sin; sin is inevitable.
Just be good. Love God. Help the poor. Marry a pretty wife. And don't hate.
That is all.
Every other thing follows.
Re: Seven Deadly Sins Christians Must Never Commit by OfficialAwol(m): 7:39am On Mar 05, 2017
I'm afraid you are right. Just have issues with your use of the word "must" which sounds deontological tends the relegates situation and circumstance of the sin
Re: Seven Deadly Sins Christians Must Never Commit by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 05, 2017
I did not see "avoid woman" or *flee fornication*. So thank God my sin is not among the deadly ones cheesy
Re: Seven Deadly Sins Christians Must Never Commit by FX2BROWN: 10:43am On Mar 05, 2017
Anything that is against the Word of God is SIN.

(1) (Reply)

Lions Save Pastor And His Friends From Attack By Islamic Extremists / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(tue. 30/05/2017) / Hell Is Real !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.