Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Creating Email System For Your Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Creating Email System For Your Website (2600 Views)

5 Factors That Make Your Website Stand Out / How To Add Your Website To Google Chrome Appstore And Get Traffic To Ur Site / Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creating Email System For Your Website by onyengbu1(m): 8:33pm On Dec 14, 2009
I believe someone on this board asked a question on this topic sometime ago. I did not know much about the topic myself and several google searches I made then did not help until I bumped into this article from DEVSHED.

It is very old but very informative and it got me going on the subject and I have succesfully practiced and succeeded with all the steps involved.

I decided to put up the link here in case there is still someone out there that needs it.

Link 1  (not too clear but will give you the idea of what the whole thing is all about)

Link 2 (part 1 of the article)

Link 3 (part 2 )

Link 4 (part 3)

Enjoy.
Re: Creating Email System For Your Website by Afam(m): 8:11am On Dec 15, 2009
Thanks. This is a wonderful tutorial. That is why I tell people to feel free to re-invent the wheel as that is the only yo know how the wheel is built and more importantly how it can be improved upon.
Re: Creating Email System For Your Website by biggjoe(m): 10:55am On Dec 15, 2009
Great tutorial indeed.

IMAP connection on that tutorial wasnt working for me until I changed the 'imap_open' line to something like this:

$inbox = @imap_open ("{mail.mydomain.com/notls}INBOX", "my_email_username", "$my_email_password"wink;

I got help from PHP manual.

The ones they used on the tutorial refused to connect probably because its an older version of PHP or due to settings on my webhost.
Re: Creating Email System For Your Website by mrperfect(m): 4:34pm On Dec 15, 2009
Good source.
Re: Creating Email System For Your Website by okwuduche(m): 3:52am On Dec 24, 2009
onye_ngbu:

I believe someone on this board asked a question on this topic sometime ago. I did not know much about the topic myself and several google searches I made then did not help until I bumped into this article from DEVSHED.

It is very old but very informative and it got me going on the subject and I have succesfully practiced and succeeded with all the steps involved.

I decided to put up the link here in case there is still someone out there that needs it.

Link 1 (not too clear but will give you the idea of what the whole thing is all about)

Link 2 (part 1 of the article)

Link 3 (part 2 )

Link 4 (part 3)

Enjoy.
numerous GBAZA 4 you
Re: Creating Email System For Your Website by Afam4eva(m): 3:49pm On Dec 24, 2009
Which is better, IMAP or SMTP
Re: Creating Email System For Your Website by sayhi2ay(m): 4:24pm On Dec 24, 2009
afam4eva:

Which is better, IMAP or SMTP

Dont get confused with the 2 protocols.
IMAP allows emails to be accessed remotely, while SMTP does the relay

(1) (Reply)

Gurus In The House - I Think My Nairaland Account Have Been Hack. / How To Install Wordpress On your/a Local Host Server / For Joomla Developers,how Can You Add A Pdf/exe File Into A Joomla Website?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.