Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,006 members, 7,838,524 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Christians ,who Is The Saviour - God Or Jesus Christ ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians ,who Is The Saviour - God Or Jesus Christ ? (475 Views)

Mohammed Or Jesus, Who Is The Perfect Role Model / Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories / Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians ,who Is The Saviour - God Or Jesus Christ ? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 05, 2017
" I, [even] I, [am] the LORD; and beside me [there is] no saviour." - Isaiah 43:11

Isaiah 43:3
"For I am the LORD your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I have given Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in your place.

Isaiah 44:6
"Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: 'I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me"

Hosea 13:4
"I have been the LORD your God ever since I brought you out of Egypt. You must acknowledge no God but me, for there is no other savior "

Isaiah 45:22
"Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth; For I am God, and there is no other "
Re: Christians ,who Is The Saviour - God Or Jesus Christ ? by eezeribe(m): 12:42pm On Mar 05, 2017
Op, since you based all your references from the old Testament...
I can assume you are biased towards the former.

The savior is Angel Michael.
Re: Christians ,who Is The Saviour - God Or Jesus Christ ? by Jozzy4: 3:15pm On Mar 05, 2017
frosbel2:
" I, [even] I, [am] the LORD; and beside me [there is] no saviour." - Isaiah 43:11

Isaiah 43:3
"For I am the LORD your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I have given Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in your place.

Isaiah 44:6
"Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: 'I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me"

Hosea 13:4
"I have been the LORD your God ever since I brought you out of Egypt. You must acknowledge no God but me, for there is no other savior "

Isaiah 45:22
"Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth; For I am God, and there is no other "

Yes, there is no other saviour Except God Almighty, the God and Father of all.

but nevertheless he can Raise up others as saviours , meanwhile he is still the source of such Salvation

Consider Judges 3:9

" And when the children of Israel cried unto Jehovah, Jehovah raised up a saviour to the children of Israel, who saved them, even Othniel the son of Kenaz, Caleb's younger brother." - ASV

Notice here that Othniel was also regarded as a Saviour, But does that mean God is Not the Saviour considering the Big Truth that the salvation comes from him ?

So the same thing applies when God send his son as Saviour of the World . God remains the source of ALL SALVATION , but those he used in achieving his purpose can also be regarded as a " Saviour"

3 Likes

Re: Christians ,who Is The Saviour - God Or Jesus Christ ? by sonofluc1fer: 3:23pm On Mar 05, 2017
Save from what?
Re: Christians ,who Is The Saviour - God Or Jesus Christ ? by truthislight: 1:11pm On Mar 09, 2017
Jozzy4:

Yes, there is no other saviour Except God Almighty, the God and Father of all.

but nevertheless he can Raise up others as saviours , meanwhile he is still the source of such Salvation

Consider Judges 3:9

" And when the children of Israel cried unto Jehovah, Jehovah raised up a saviour to the children of Israel, who saved them, even Othniel the son of Kenaz, Caleb's younger brother." - ASV

Notice here that Othniel was also regarded as a Saviour, But does that mean God is Not the Saviour considering the Big Truth that the salvation comes from him ?

So the same thing applies when God send his son as Saviour of the World . God remains the source of ALL SALVATION , but those he used in achieving his purpose can also be regarded as a " Saviour"

Good one there.

The op is suspicious of the msg of the NT.

(1) (Reply)

I Would Slap Any Religious Person Doing Washing Of Feet / What Can We Call This Please?? / Catholic Church Considers Ordaining Married Men As Priests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.