Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Gospel Music Shouldn’t Be Played Only On Sundays – Okala - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Gospel Music Shouldn’t Be Played Only On Sundays – Okala (489 Views)

Music By Legzus ‘okala’ 2017 Song / Hot Music By Legzus ‘OKALA’ 2017 / Wizkid's "Ojuelegba" Played At Anthony Joshua Vs Takam Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gospel Music Shouldn’t Be Played Only On Sundays – Okala by okrote4real: 11:21am On Mar 06, 2017
In this Interview with ANTHONY ADA ABRAHAM Saint Reuben Ojima Okala, a veteran broadcaster with the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) who has travelled round the world covering international events for NTA is presently the national secretary of the christian media fellowship practitioners in Nigeria and CEO of De COOLBLAZE multimedia Limited, Abuja. He became born again in 1982 at the School of Basic studies, Makurdi, Benue state. He was also music director, International Worship Commission Kogi state. Saint is presently a member and chairman of the Think Tank of the Fellowship of Gospel Music Ministers of Nigeria, with veteran gospel maestro, Asu Ekiye as the national president. He speaks on his music career and other sundry issues.

Tell us, what inspired your decision to go into music?

It's inborn. I was born into it. My mother (of blessed memory) was a singer. Anything talent is from God, you don't acquire it, it's inbuilt. I was simply born a musician.

As a broadcaster, have you had any challenge doing what you do?
Certainly, broadcasting and music need time, the two cannot go together, and both require time. Music is my first love really but broadcasting affected it, right now music is about to take over broadcasting, broadcasting had had its way for long; it's time for music to take the center stage.

Why did you choose this genre of music and what was the reaction from family and friends when you decided to take it up?
Doing this genre of music was not a decision, I found myself in it, because I love it. I have no apology and of course, my fans love it because it's in me.

What song are you promoting now and who did you feature?
The project I’m promoting now is 'Breaking News', that's my album release'. It is an eight tracker coming up on the 29th of April, 2017 at the cultural center, Area 10, Abuja, featuring lots of artistes including Asu Akiye, Samsong, Fred William and members of the Fellowship of Gospel Music Ministers of Nigeria (FOGMMON) and of course my wife, Patience who is also a singer.

For how long have you been in the industry and have you noticed any changes since you started?
As stated before, my being a musician is in-born, it's from God. I was born into this world a musician. Music is an old school thing, it was there, it’s there and it will continue to be there.

Who are your music mentors both locally and internationally and how have they helped in shaping your music career?
My mentors internationally are guys like Andrea Crouch (late) Carman, and Jamaican born Artiste Dr. Lester Lewis. In Nigeria, Panam Percy Paul is my man. Naturally you behave like your father. I take after them.

How do you feel when you are on the stage and people still look at you as a broadcaster?

When people still look at me as a broadcaster on stage, I use to feel bad but now they will soon understand that music is my first Love.

Is gospel music getting its needed attention in Nigeria?
Gospel music is not getting the attention it requires. Why should gospel music be played only on sundays by radio and TV stations? Gospel music is there to change and touch lives and make people behave well but we relegate it to the background ... This is wrong, not to worry, gospel music will soon take its place because it's efficacious and a powerful tool for national development.

Where do you see yourself in the near future?
Certainly by God's grace, Saint Reuben Okala will be talk of the town not as a broadcaster but as a gospel musician touching lives for Christ? In the nearest future I will be all over the place using music to put smiles on the faces of people.

What is your advice to the government on development of the entertainment industry?
Piracy is a disease, let's deal with it. Please stop playing gospel music only on sundays. Gospel music should be played every day. People need to be refreshed every day. Government should encourage the entertainment industry to grow. I have a track titled Hope For Nigeria.
There is indeed hope for Nigeria despite what is going on.

... http://okrote..com/2017/03/gospel-music-shouldnt-be-played-only-on.html?spref=tw

(1) (Reply)

My Cousin 1st Music Video Shoot In Russia- (picx+Video) / Which Song Is The Best Song Ever Recorded In The Whole World / Efe Base On Logistic Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.