Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,613 members, 7,823,666 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Cheap Flight To California, Usa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cheap Flight To California, Usa (7919 Views)

My Southern California Odyssey / How Much Is Plane Ticket From Ñigeria To California Please? / Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheap Flight To California, Usa by suxes2005(m): 11:40am On Dec 15, 2009
Can anyone advise me of the cheapest flight to california from Lagos

SHALOM
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by johnkent(m): 6:50pm On Dec 15, 2009
wat are ur travel dates
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by suxes2005(m): 7:42pm On Dec 15, 2009
johnkent:

wat are your travel dates

Tnx 4 ur concern John. I wish to leave 9ja by January 9 or 10 depends on availability of flight sha. I am travelling on student visa so I wnt need a return flight but if it is compulsory to book a return flight, then book a far date or even the last date on their calendar.

Let me knw wat ap

SHALOM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by phuckNL: 10:18pm On Dec 15, 2009
Step by step my guy. Collect your visa first before looking for airline ticket
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by johnkent(m): 4:10am On Dec 16, 2009
suxes2005:

Tnx 4 your concern John. I wish to leave 9ja by January 9 or 10 depends on availability of flight sha. I am travelling on student visa so I wnt need a return flight but if it is compulsory to book a return flight, then book a  far date or even the last date on their calendar.

Let me knw wat ap

SHALOM
Kool. I can get u from lagos to LAX on January 10th for $1569. Let me know wat u think. These prices do change every day.
FYI: this is a one way ticket. a return ticket is about $2200 which u don't need.

Sunday, January 10

Lagos, Nigeria to Los Angeles, CA
Emirates Airlines #784
2:50pm Non-Stop
Boeing 777 To:
Dubai, UAE
1:00am +1 Economy Class
Connection in Dubai, UAE
Emirates Airlines #215

8:20am Non-Stop
77L To:
Los Angeles, CA
12:50pm Economy Class
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by johnkent(m): 4:15am On Dec 16, 2009
If you want to fly January 11, i can get you to LAX for $1307. Here is the Itinerary:

Lagos, Nigeria to Los Angeles, CA
Royal Air Maroc #554
6:50am Non-Stop
Boeing 737-800 To:
Casablanca, Morocco
10:20am Economy Class
Connection in Casablanca, Morocco
Royal Air Maroc #200

11:25am Non-Stop
Boeing 767-300
To:New York/Kennedy, NY
2:45pm Economy Class
Connection in New York/Kennedy, NY
Royal Air Maroc #9219

6:15pm Non-Stop
Boeing 757-200
To:Los Angeles, CA
10:05pm Economy Class
Flight Operated by Delta - Check in with Delta

Again, know that these prices will go up in the next few days as ur travel date becomes closer.
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 16, 2009
Delta air 377,600 return ticket valid for a year . call YMS TRAVELS & TOUR LTD for your ticket 08033246961 0r 07092313798 you can also visit our website www.ymstravelsandtours.com
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by suxes2005(m): 1:01pm On Dec 16, 2009
phuck_NL:

Tnx guy. Like Johnkent said, d price increases as d day draws nearer. Dts wy I`m thinking of booking early.

@ john kent: Tnx for d info. Let me know how to reach you. suxesboy (at) is my mail.

SHALOM
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by johnkent(m): 4:39pm On Dec 16, 2009
suxes2005:

Tnx guy. Like Johnkent said, d price increases as d day draws nearer. Dts wy I`m thinking of booking early.

@ john kent: Tnx for d info. Let me know how to reach you. suxesboy (at) is my mail.

SHALOM
suxesboy @ wat?
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by eddy1977(m): 9:16pm On Dec 17, 2009
@ suxes boy
the advices from johnkent seem nice but i would be very cautious to travel to the usa using anything arabic like emirates airlines or even going thru morocco , for the simple fact that since sep 11th, the us immigration service gets very nervous with u if any arabic stain is attached to you.
my advice would be to try to stick western as much as u can; delta airlines or anything western europeen is very advisable for first timers to the usa,

compare also prices for nigeria to new york or philadelphia or new jersey then a flight from those cities to california.
or even from naija to the uk then from there to california. i dont know if ghana airways still comes over

i wish u good succes in your trip and studies.
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by johnkent(m): 12:20am On Dec 18, 2009
eddy1977:

@ suxes boy
the advices from johnkent seem nice  but i would be very cautious to travel to the usa using anything arabic like emirates airlines  or even going thru morocco , for the simple fact that since sep 11th, the us immigration service gets very nervous with u if any arabic stain is attached to you.
my advice would be to try to stick western as much as u can; delta airlines or anything western europeen is very advisable for first timers to the usa,

compare also prices for nigeria to new york or philadelphia or new jersey  then a flight from those cities to california.
or even from naija to the uk  then from there to california. i dont know if ghana airways still comes over 

i wish u good succes in your trip and studies.
well, he was looking for a cheap ticket.  he can get get a ticket with KLM or british airways but it will cost him and arm and a leg.
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by lovemoi2(f): 4:41am On Dec 18, 2009
check the price out on emirates, thats a one way ticket, by the way u can book yah flight on their
website

flight from lagos to LA California on the 9th of january

http://fly.emirates.com/IBE/SearchResult.aspx

phuck_NL:

its called having faith grin by the way suxes2005 you should have booked yah flight like one month ago, cos it would have been cheaper then
i will advice you not to buy a ticket from someone, it is advisable to check the websites of different airline travelling from nigerian and find out their prices, and just book online if u want or go to their respective offices, thats what i do
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by dinggle: 12:48pm On Dec 18, 2009
I flew from Detroit(michigan) to Lagos 2nd december with Lufthansa airlines for $775 (oneway). Bought the ticket with
www.asaptickets.com

However you must have an international credit card which must carry same names with your travel documents via which charges can be billed. Otherwise your request will be denied. I'm preparing to go back early January and I'm gonnna fly same means.
There is a catch tho!, because the tickets are so cheap they arent transferable if you dont fly on the day you are booked to fly, there is no reconfirmation opportunity (only a doctor's report can open room 4 consideration). That was the reason I opted for a oneway!
Also whatever transit route you are offered check to with the embassy of the country to know if need a transit visa or not, they arent responsible for that and they dont give advisory all ticket purchased wit them are final.

Alternatively you can bid for an air ticket going your route with skyauction.com, I have friends who have flown with $550 return ticket from U.S, however you need atleast two months ahead for you to have a successful bid. I bet ASAPTICKETS will still be your best bet. No travel agent or airline can beat their offer!!!
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by johnkent(m): 1:06pm On Dec 18, 2009
dinggle:

I flew from Detroit(michigan) to Lagos 2nd december with Lufthansa airlines for $775 (oneway). Bought the ticket with
www.asaptickets.com

However you must have an international credit card which must carry same names with your travel documents via which charges can be billed. Otherwise your request will be denied. I'm preparing to go back early January and I'm gonnna fly same means.
There is a catch tho!, because the tickets are so cheap they arent transferable if you dont fly on the day you are booked to fly, there is no reconfirmation opportunity (only a doctor's report can open room consideration). That was the reason I opted for a oneway!
Also whatever transit route you are offered check to with the embassy of the country to know if need a transit visa or not, they arent responsible for that and they dont give advisory all ticket purchased wit them are final.

Alternatively you can bid for an air ticket going your route with skyauction.com, I have friends who have flown with $550 return ticket from U.S, however you need atleast two months ahead for you to have a successful bid. I bet ASAPTICKETS will still be your best bet. No travel agent or airline can beat their offer!!!

Thanks for the info.
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by dinggle: 2:12pm On Dec 18, 2009
You're welcome!,
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by oyewolejos(m): 5:38pm On Dec 18, 2009
@dingle, guy u are da bomb asaptickets.com prices are unbelievable.But what type of credit card can someone use?Which credit card did u use and how did they send u the ticket?Expecting from u soon.
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by johnkent(m): 3:24am On Dec 19, 2009
oyewolejos:

@dingle, guy u are da bomb asaptickets.com prices are unbelievable.But what type of credit card can someone use?Which credit card did u use and how did they send u the ticket?Expecting from u soon.
They are cheap but when u call them, the prices are much higher from wat u see on the website because of added taxes. I called them today for a ticket. it was a few dollars cheaper than other travel websites thou.
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by suxes2005(m): 12:16pm On Dec 19, 2009
Tnx 4 ur posts guys,

Kindly update us about the asapticket of a thing. what kinda card do one need to book with them. drop ur yim mine is suxesboy (at) yahoo.com
@oyewole: aw far my guy?

SHALOM
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by johnkent(m): 1:11pm On Dec 19, 2009
suxes2005:

Tnx 4 your posts guys,

Kindly update us about the asapticket of a thing. what kinda card do one need to book with them. drop your yim mine is suxesboy (at) yahoo.com
@oyewole: aw far my guy?

SHALOM
U need a credit or debit card thats in ur name.
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by dinggle: 1:39pm On Dec 19, 2009
@oyewolejos
The tickets are e-tickets! so it will be sent to ur email address. Paper tickets are more expensive and they will charge u a shipping fee for that!

@Johnkent the tickets will add a few dollars more if there is competition for the date u're billed to travel, which mean they have to hussle for the seat for you!! If your travel times are flexible u will get the best from ASAPTICKETS.

@suxes2005
Credit / debit card must carry the same name as your travel documents and it must be an internationally chargeable credit/debit card!!!,

Pls take note and check your transit point to ensure you are able to secure a transit visa where necessary before purchasing.
For those travelling to USA and Canada via frankfurt (Germany) no transit visa is require in frankfurt if having a green card, valid visa or if returning back to naija after using up ur visa.
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by dinggle: 2:25pm On Dec 19, 2009
MY HOME COMING FLIGHT @ ONEWAY!

Amount Charged: $775.50
Reservation Date: Nov 27, 2009
Flight - (LH) - 443
December 01, 2009

Booking Class: S
Class: Economy
Confirmation Number: 4X2LFQ

DEPART:
ARRIVE:
06:59 PM Tue, 01 Dec 2009
09:05 AM Wed, 02 Dec 2009

US, DETROIT, MI
DTW - Detroit Metro Wayne County Arpt

DE, FRANKFURT
FRA - Frankfurt Intl

Flight - (LH) - 564
December 02, 2009

Booking Class: S
Class: Economy
Confirmation Number: 4X2LFQ

DEPART:
ARRIVE:
11:50 AM Wed, 02 Dec 2009
06:25 PM Wed, 02 Dec 2009

DE, FRANKFURT
FRA - Frankfurt Intl

NG, LAGOS
LOS - Murtala Muhammed Arpt

Your tickets are electronic; an e-ticket is a paperless method of ticketing flights; therefore, no tickets will be mailed to you. You can print your travel itinerary or Electronic Ticket Receipt at http://www.viewtrip.com/ using your PNR. Kindly retain your itinerary for check-in, passport control and possible claims.

For reservation changes kindly contact our client services department at (800) 750-2238. If fare rules allow refunds and/or exchanges, $ 200.00 ITN fee will be charged to process any refund and/or exchange request. This fee will be collected in addition to the penalties charged directly by the airline and/or recalled by the airline from ITN.

Reservations for tickets to be refunded and/or exchanged must be canceled at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure. NO SHOW ticket(s) will not be processed for refund and/or exchange. ALL NO SHOW TICKETS ARE IMMEDIATELY SUSPENDED BY THE AIRLINES AND HAVE NO VALUE. ITN has no power to reinstate tickets that have been suspended by the airline.

ITN agents will not cancel any reservation without a written cancellation request from a customer. Cancellation of reservation does not automatically initiate refund. All exchanges and refunds can be processed only prior to scheduled departure. If you wish to exchange or refund your ticket after the scheduled departure you must obtain a written confirmation from the client services department. This confirmation may be obtained only prior to the scheduled departure. Client services department will email the confirmation on request provided the fare rules allow exchanges or refunds after the scheduled departure. If you are unable to travel we strongly recommend that you contact our client services department well in advance in order to determine whether the fare allows exchanges or refunds after scheduled departure. Please keep in mind that our regular business hours are Monday through Friday 8 am to 6 pm PST. We reserve the right to receive at least 48 hour advance notice for any exchange requests.

We would like to advise you that at this time the flight departure and arrival times are correct. However, airlines frequently change times and/or flight numbers. We are not responsible for schedule changes. Please contact the airline to verify current flight information 72 hours prior to your scheduled departure. Baggage allowances and fees associated with the checked baggage vary widely; please contact the airline for specific limits and fees. Check in time recommended for all international flights is a minimum of 3 hours, even if you are traveling on a domestic carrier to another airport and connecting to your international flight.

Travel documents required for all tickets (paper, e-tickets, or paperless) include a valid Passport, which must be presented for all international flights. Some countries may require a Visa and/or health card. It is the passenger's responsibility to make sure you have all necessary travel documents in your possession at check-in. Please verify the visa requirements for all your stops as some of the countries may require a transit visa. Those passengers transiting via the airports within the European Union - Schengen Zone may need a Schengen Entry visa. Traveling on a one way ticket may be restricted. If you are traveling on a one way ticket, it is your responsibility to make sure you are eligible. ITN agents do not advise passengers on visa requirements. Please contact the embassy of the country you are going to visit or transit through to get the up-to-date requirements.
Saturday, Nov 28, 2009
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by suxes2005(m): 3:14pm On Dec 20, 2009
@dinggle: Thanks for your messagees,

to crown it all, what is your advice for me now? Sunday Jan 10, by the special grace of God, I wish to leave this country. So let me know the best way to get ma ticket now.

SHALOM
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by dinggle: 12:13pm On Dec 21, 2009
@suxes2005
If you have a credit/debit card go to the website and purchase ur ticket by calling the associated number. If you dont have a credit /debit card look somewhere else e.g emirate, or qatar airways.
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by suxes2005(m): 5:55pm On Dec 21, 2009
@dinggle: Tnx 4 d info. I'm thinking of flying Arik or Ba 2 NYC den get a connecting flight to Cali 4rm dere. Is it compulsory I book d connecting flight before going or can i buy tkt at the airport in JFK?

SHALOM
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by platinumnk(f): 6:02pm On Dec 21, 2009
[size=18pt]Suxes- what ever you do dont buy a ticket from a person[/size]

buy from a reputable website, it is better to pay more money so that u can arrive safely than to pay people for a "cheap flight" you will never see.

Let those who have ears let them hear. wink
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by suxes2005(m): 12:53pm On Dec 22, 2009
Tnx 1st lady. I tout of dat though. I'm gonna buy from wither Arik or BA to NYC den get a connecting flight to LAX

SHALOM
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by johnkent(m): 11:29pm On Dec 23, 2009
suxes2005:

Tnx 1st lady. I tout of dat though. I'm gonna buy from wither Arik or BA to NYC den get a connecting flight to LAX

SHALOM
DO NOT BUY A TICKET FROM NIGERIA THAT WONT GET U TO LOS ANGELES, CA. Alot of u guys that havent been to states always make the mistake of getting a flight to NY and then think a flight from NY to LA would be $150, not so.
NY to california is more than 6hrs flight if u get a direct flight and it would cost u up to $1000 if you think about getting a connecting flight thesame day u arrive in NY.
Again, some people have bought the ticket to NY and then were able to find someone in the states that has a US credit card to purchase a ticket to california for them. But some have missed their connecting flights because their flight from Nigeria arrived late or had a hard time getting hold of their luggage and they couldnt make the next flight.
Pay attention to this:If for some reason you missed your flight to california, YOU might be asked to pay the price of same day ticket to get you to LA from NY. This is so because the ticket you bought for the connection is  from a totally different airline and that airlines doesnt care as to why you missed your flight but if you bought a ticket from Nigeria that gets you all the way to LA, the airline will always put u on the next flight to LA from NY if you missed your connecting flight because of late arrival or baggage problems.

Also know that you'll have to pay for your bags if you bought a separate ticket from NY to get u to LA.

All am trying to say is BUY A TICKET THAT GETS YOU ALL THE WAY TO LA AND NOT NY. YOU DONT WANT TO BE STUCK IN NY.
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by lovemoi2(f): 2:15am On Dec 24, 2009
johnkent:

All am trying to say is BUT A TICKET THAT GETS YOU ALL THE WAY TO LA AND NOT NY. YOU DONT WANT TO BE STUCK IN NY.

some pple wunt mind getting stucked in newyork grin grin grin

just kidding
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by johnkent(m): 5:41am On Dec 24, 2009
lovemoi2:

some pple wunt mind getting stucked in newyork grin grin grin

just kidding
haha. good luck with that. Not me
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by suxes2005(m): 11:10am On Dec 26, 2009
johnkent:

haha. good luck with that. Not me

Tnx 4 clarifyin dat.

SHALOM
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 26, 2010
thank you Dingle.I just saved $250 from my airfare for my new york trip,

I already made a reservation online and was going to pay tomorrow until i stumbled up on this thread

sometimes,you really appreciate your NL membership grin
Re: Cheap Flight To California, Usa by suxes2005(m): 7:48am On Sep 27, 2010
Nice one MrPresident

This thread reminds me of,

mehn its so sad to believe i was rejected
then. so sososososososo sad

anyways God wud do somfin gud sha

SHALOM

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dv 2011 American Lottery Results Finally Out / Best Airport In Nigeria? / Anyone Processing Canadian Immigration Visa Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.