Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,486 members, 7,954,867 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:16 AM

The Rod Of Moses By PEN - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Rod Of Moses By PEN (437 Views)

The Alpha Maze By PEN / The Letter (part 1 And Part 2) By PEN / The Evil Girl (flash-fiction ) By Pen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Rod Of Moses By PEN by Palmernuel(m): 2:21pm On Mar 06, 2017
THE ROD OF MOSES
After she left for the city I sat back on the chair and draw my book closer to me, then I search the drawer properly for my pen, and I thought it was time I continued form were I stopped.
Something really happened in 1954 that I can’t do without telling, it was the story of a teacher who had a clash with the General’s son.
That morning I was sent for by the General and when I got to his office he was pacing around angrily, even when he spoke the whole place vibrated, that was the first time I was seeing him so angry especially in that manner.
I saluted him and I look intently at him as he pace around
“a teacher just messed my son up in school, and I want you to go there with some men and bring me the teacher” he said turning to the wall
“yes sir” I left the place immediately and called about four sergeant and lieutenant Mark who was also close to me and we set for the school, on getting to the School, the gate man locked the gate against us,it was not a surprise, of course everybody seems to know why we were here, but the teacher who was involved didn’t know what was going on he even said he wanted to see the parents of the boy, that was what I was told later.
The teacher was a well know young man in the school he was always found carrying a rod with which he pounce on students who were misbehaving. So that fateful day while he was in class teaching the General’s son made noise in class he was actually talking to somebody behind him, so the teacher heard him and angrily struck him twice on his head with his rod and the boy’s head divided like the biblical red sea and bloods began to pulp out and the teacher said
“I want to see your parent”
And the boy who was stubborn left the schools with his head bringing out blood despite the principal’s effort in persuading him not to go home, that he should remain in school and be treated at the school clinic but the boy refuse because he knew what his father would do if he gets to see it.
And when the boy got home he showed his head to his mother who immediately called the General’s office telling him that his son’s head had become a fountain of blood, that was how she said it ‘fountain of blood’. That was what got the general angry and he called me that morning to get the teacher.
Like the calm and quiet man I was, I didn’t behave rudely to the gate man who was still insisting despite us telling him we came not to fight, the next thing I saw was the other four sergeant soaring the fence, as soon as they landed they pounce on the gate man and gave him a dirty slap that sent him to the ground holding his cheek, one of them walked down to the gate and opened it for me and I went inside.
I looked at the gate man and felt sorry for him, I never came there to fight, so I regretted taking those mad fellow with me, they were close to me though, as the general told me to get some men with me, I thought they were the best but I knew who they were --- so discourteous and can easily lay their hands on people. If I had known I would have gone with some really gentle guys who would behave responsibly, I knew a few like that in the base.
But there was nothing I could do so I just walk behind the other soldiers towards the staff room.
“Welcome sir” said one of the teachers
“We want Mr. Moses” I said like a gentle man, but really I was a gentle man anyway, the teacher knew what was happening and they didn’t want to bring him out
“Please officers we are very sorry for...”
“We want Mr. Moses, don’t tell us stories” screamed one of the sergeants, the teacher were frightened at the sound of his voice it sounded like the sound of death and was almost echoing
“we are not here to fight, we are just hear for him and we will go” I said, the teachers kept quiet then I saw one of them whispering to a student who just walked into the room I don’t know what he was telling her exactly but I think the teacher told her to call the principal.
I looked around while waiting for them to cooperate I saw some of the student hanging around imagining what was happening
“You are wasting my time” I said as I turned back to them
“We are not living this place without him” said another sergeant this time a little bit friendly
“So save yourself the stress and tell him we want to see him”
“Please officers, it would never happen again” said one of the teachers who had been quiet for a while
“We know it’s not going to happen again, we know, but we just want him for this one that has happened, don’t you get” said another sergeant. Shortly the principal came.
“What is it officers?” she asked politely even though she knew why we came
“We want Mr. Moses the teacher who struck one of the student’s head and divided it like coconut”
One of the sergeants said jocularly and the other sergeant laughed over it but I was angry inside of me, even though I never wore the expression
“What the hell is wrong with you guys, we came here for something serious and you are making jokes with it” I said, and they kept quiet.
“Madam please can you bring out this man please”
“What for,” asked the principal, this time she was a bit uncouth
“We have apologized on his behalf so I don’t think it is necessary”
“madam you are not to tell us what Is necessary or not whether you like it or not we are not leaving here without him” I said with a voice of vehemence, this time I was really annoyed because they were making a simple job difficult for me.
“Ok! Fine what do you officers need this man for?” she asked as one of the soldiers who had been talking to a student who seems to be familiar with him walk toward us
“Weytin dey happen for here? Were the man may them say make we come carry” he said with is usual red eyes.
“Sir I don’t really know why you need this man this is a matter we can settle amicably, I ask again why do you want with him” demanded the principal looking at the terrifying eyes of lieutenant mark
“Na which kind question be that? Ehh!” he said and angrily kicked the door and it make a very loud sound that made the whole teachers including the principal scared, I looked at her and said
“The general wants to see him, that’s all”
“I hope you would not lay your hands on him”
“No madam I don’t have that intension” I said
“You promise” she said as if she wanted to be such
“Yes madam” I said
She called one of the teachers and said “tell Mr. Moses he has visitors” she sounded like one who had warned him several times.
Shortly the teacher came out “who are the visitors” he asked with a vibrant voice, a voice that sounded like he was having a casual visitors, but I knew he was pretending, he was trying to be bold as though there was nothing happening
“Come, come! Na you be… weytin them say be the name again?” asked sergeant mark as he turned to a sergeant beside him
“Moses” said the sergeant
“yes I am Mr. Moses” he said still with a calm voice, then sergeant mark gave him a slap just as he was about raising his head another slap came in from nowhere, I didn’t see it to be sincere I only heard the sound before I could blink twice I saw him on the ground the soldiers were matching him there.
I wanted to shout at them but I didn’t because I knew who they were they were the soldiers who would always bring thieves or robbers to the base to flog. it was what they love doing so I just kept quiet and watch
“Please stop, but you promised not to touch him” the principal pleaded
“Madam I no promise you anything, see who promise you for here” he said point his thump backward to where I stood the principal looked at me and I shrugged.
With his belt sergeant mark yanked him up
“make we de go” he said and began to haul him along with him towards the gate as soon as we got outside he threw the teacher into the back of the vehicle we brought and sat close to him the other sergeant joined him at the back while I joined the driver at the front.
As the car move to the based I heard them talking and laughing.
“so nah you be Moses the teacher may divide General son heard like coconut abi nah red sea” the whole soldiers began to laugh, I too wanted to laugh but I hold it because I was not use to such behaviors.
“weytin be your name again?”
“Moses sir” he said this time very scared his usual bold face had long disappeared
“Moses who? Abi nah Moses pharaoh?” Then I could not hold my laughter I began to laugh uncontrollably that was the first time in my life I was laughing that way
“Were the rod sef” asked lieutenant mark
“It is in my office” he said looking at his face
“I for like get that rod, make I go divide river Niger” he said and I and the driver burst out laughing just then we drove into the base.
I came down from the car and ran to the general’s office and told him the teacher was right outside his office he followed me without wasting time when he got to where he was standing with the other soldiers,
“What is your name” he asked,
the other soldiers behind the teacher saluted.
“Moses sir” he said and a slap followed from the General himself.
He was so lucky that he was standing in a good position is neck would have got broken
“What did my son did to you that you have to break his head” the general asked still very angry
“Sir actually he was making noise in my class” he said and another slap landed on his face
“next time when a child makes noise in you class speak and not strike” the general said and I saw tears rolling down the teachers cheeks that was in fact the first time I was seen a grown up man crying apart from myself.
“you are going to pay for his treatment” said the general not because I don’t have the money I just want to teach you a lesson”
“No problem sir” said the teach
“Lock him up” he said and entered the office
Re: The Rod Of Moses By PEN by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 06, 2017
You are crazy...... Can't believe i laughed!!!
Re: The Rod Of Moses By PEN by Ray1251(m): 3:05pm On Mar 06, 2017
Funny story. Oga ride on o

(1) (Reply)

11 / To All The Mom And Potential Moms Out There / Real Life And Social Media Life Discrepancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.