Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,904 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

The Flood - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Flood (623 Views)

Blesh And Flood. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Flood by Paulscholari(m): 7:08pm On Mar 06, 2017
Okay.. Am kind of a little bit busy here, so just wanna cook up something steadily, I hope you enjoy it....

"mom, where are you, won't you come and pick me it's beginning to get heavy and my teacher said we should all call our parents to come and pick us up, I need you here mom", "Hello Ms Williams, I've been trying to reach you until Smith gave me this number, the school authorities wants all parents to come and pick up their kids with immediate effect, I meant with immediate alacrity"

That was my teacher Mr. Cole Robert, he's an American tutor employed by the British school here in Nigeria to educate us in integrated sciences and he is also a master of logics, a great art he perfected well to his own doom. I never had much interests in his studies, why? He's too full of himself. And me, Am Smith the first son of Ms Sophia Williams, good to meet you.

I was 3years old when my parents separated, never knew my dad or what he does, only just that he do call once a month or in two to ask of my welfare, never really know how much he looks like in the physical only for the little piece of him I saw in my mom's picture album, she really never wanted me to have anything to do with him. Well, Am enjoying all the love I wanted from my mom, thou attimes she could be rigid and unpredictable but I love her to the fullest infact that's the reason why I'm here.
Re: The Flood by Tellemall: 8:37pm On Mar 06, 2017
Integrated science and logics. grin

Am.

Where are the literature mods?
Re: The Flood by Paulscholari(m): 9:06pm On Mar 06, 2017
Tellemall:
Integrated science and logics. grin
Am.
Where are the literature mods?
gerraout of here mehn.
Re: The Flood by Tellemall: 9:38pm On Mar 07, 2017
Paulscholari:
gerraout of here mehn.

Update, please.
Re: The Flood by sirblero(m): 11:39pm On Mar 07, 2017
following boss...
Re: The Flood by Paulscholari(m): 9:05pm On Jun 29, 2017
The rain has been dropping little by little since last three weeks without halting, the roads have been wet and muddy, the drainages are constantly flowing with water and people kept about their daily lives and activities. Well, we all keep looking daily at the weather forecast and it keeps telling us to expect more drizzling till the later end of the week, little did we know what we are in for. The previous night I was asking mom why the rain keeps falling, doesn't it ought to stop, but she said Rain is doing its job, we are to do ours too. Those words settled on my mind like when a butterfly settles on a flower and I wouldn't mind if it continues to fall for the next one month. I went to bed not quite long and I had a terrible dream, I saw a man, he's a giant, three times taller than our house and he told me to enter into the Ark he said "Enter into the ark now, the rain won't stop, it won't stop, it will never stop till you are all destroyed, enter nowww!!" it was so scary that I jumped out of my sleep and dashed to my moms room, she was shocked to see me so scared. "Smith what's the problem" she asked, and I struggled to explain to her "mom, I just had a nightmare about the rain, it's not going to stop, it's going to kill us all, everyone of us". "Oh come on darling nothing is going to happen to us, we are in safe hands, the security around here is tight, moreover it's just a dream" she replied, still frightened I asked "mom do giants exists, are they stronger and smarter than we, he told me to enter into the Ark now, mom what is an Ark, where is it, don't you think we should go and enter into the ark, mom am scared"

To Be Continued.

Re: The Flood by Paulscholari(m): 11:47pm On Jul 10, 2017
"hey William Smith Junior don't be scared, everything is fine, nothing is going to harm you, nothing is going to take you away from me, you are fine and we are cool, ok", "mum, but the whole street is flooded, we can't even make use of the cars any longer, we've been using chopper to move around, and yet the rain ain't stopping, terrible news on the TV and now", "and now what!!, it's just a dream, ok come closer, let me hug you", she leaned my head on her chest and I felt the warmness and tenderness of a mother's love, she held me so dear and from there my fears began to disperse, they dispersed so quickly and my eyes got heavy and I fell back to sleep.

It was extremely dark and cold, I was looking everywhere, every nook and cranny, but I was not just seeing anything, I tried to move forward but my attempt met a lot of resistance, i felt the wavy movement around me, I tried to figure it out, I turned right and then left, and then it dawned on me that I was suspended in this wave, my feet were not touching the ground, my eyes were not seeing anything, I was only perceiving this wave around me, I tried to understand what it was all about, and since it was only my sense of perception that is working I tried to understand what was happening around me, I thrust my hand forward and shook them violently and the waves increased and I was engulfed in bubbles, bubbles, bubbles of water and then it hit me hard that I've been deep inside the ocean belly. Oh my God, how did I get to this place, when did this happened, who threw me inside the ocean, where is my mum, where is our house, our mansion, our security personnels, drivers and protocols , where is everyone, these questions began to rise within me, but answer ain't coming from anywhere. I looked up to see if I can see anything, at least something to recognize, but all I saw even from the farthest point to where I was struggling with the mystery around me was a blurred wavy form in a seemingly static motion, i thrust my hands to the top trying to pull myself up from the belly of the waters and gradually i was moving up, I flapped my legs against the waters and it aided my movement a little, as I was moving up my eyes began to clear little by little and I began to see what was around me, and then I realized I wasn't alone in the waters, millions of people were there too, of which many were dead already and others still struggling with the waters, few were also pulling up like I was, these scenes terrified me and I was like so the dream actually came to pass, the flood came and destroyed everything, so this is it, we are all dead, dead in the belly of the ocean, all the beautiful things that were created, all the luxury, all the honors and titles, all the millions and billions of financial assets, all the beautiful, handsome, intelligent and great minds that made our world a great spectacle in the universe, all are gone, gone forever. my mood changed, my heart became heavy and I began to drown, no sooner I started drowning that a tiny light sparked in my heart and I remembered my mom, Sophia, "oh mom, where are you, where are you", I looked around to see if she's anywhere close, but I couldn't see anything that looks like her, then I thought she must be at the top of the ocean, i hurriedly tried to swim to the top using every energy in me, I swam past millions of drowned souls and kept pushing to the top, i was about thinking whether I'll ever get to the top of the ocean when I saw someone from the top shouting and stretched forth her hands to my direction, alas it was my mom, I increased my pace and swam faster, while drawing close to her I discovered she wasn't engulfed in the water, it was as if she was standing on the water, i drew closer and stretched my hand and she grabbed me by the hand and pulled me out of the ocean, with great force i came out of the water and landed on it this time without sinking into it and I was shocked how could this happen, I raised my face to look at my mom while I was still lost in the mystery of me standing on the water but I was greeted with another shocker, this person that drew me out of the waters wasn't my mom but a fierce looking tall and muscular shaped being, with a great and enormous height I can't fathom yet looks close enough for me to touch his shoulders, "who are you and errr' how come we are standing on the water that has many souls buried in it" I asked "hahaha" he laughed and the whole heavens echoed it and he said with a thunderous voice "Son, nothing is hidden away from me and nothing will I hid away from you, this is the reward and the judgment that has been passed to your world, tell those who you can tell and save those who you can save, for the time of this judgment has come, and anyone that doesn't know me and do my words will escape it", i was crushed with fear and terror where I was and I muttered "but please what of my mom, where is she, can you bring her here too please, I want to see her", "yes you can see her, that's she" he said pointing to a particular section of the water, he threw a lighting ball from the sky, and it hit that portion of the ocean, it broke away and I saw my mom gasping for breath, I rushed to where she was and tried to draw her up, she was also trying all what she could but it seems difficult, she was quite heavy to pull up and I tried using all my strength with the last stretch of my muscles and before I knew it where I was standing broke off and with a loud thud and a big bang, she and I fell back into the waters and I rushed up from my sleep breathing heavily and gasping for breath.
TO BE CONTINUED.....

(1) (Reply)

(class) A Short Touching Story / Love Succumbs / My Woman, My Everything - Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.