Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Tradition - A Story - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tradition - A Story (1139603 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tradition - A Story by comelyJummy(f): 12:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
Chumzypinky:

will u and Comelyjummy just quit derailing the thread?! Do you want to be reported for posting off-topic?
Haba chumpzypinky we ain't derailing the thread can't a friend ask question frm d other friend again. Bikonu iwe ri we.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 12:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
Evaberry:
the story is kinda slow
sorry dear. Maybe i'll rush it for your sake
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 1:00pm On Mar 15, 2017
comelyJummy:

Haba chumpzypinky we ain't derailing the thread can't a friend ask question frm d other friend again. Bikonu iwe ri we.
i've forgiven u . Go and sin no more
Re: Tradition - A Story by saraphina(f): 1:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Hmmm, i see my darling Saraphina viewing. How are you dear?
I'm fine mummy pinky ...Still on observation level ..
Re: Tradition - A Story by talk2saintify(m): 1:41pm On Mar 15, 2017
tradition.

following

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Johnsown1(m): 2:09pm On Mar 15, 2017
Chumzypinky:

will u and Comelyjummy just quit derailing the thread?! Do you want to be reported for posting off-topic?

Sorry ma,
Re: Tradition - A Story by Adesina12: 2:34pm On Mar 15, 2017
TheBlessedMAN:
WOW! atlast! We are finally getting some threatning scenes!

The Battle line has been drawn.....

TEAM MIA

TEAM SHIVANI

oh my goodness! I go for Team Mia... Oya make we start.. DONT WOUND WHAT YOU CAN'T KILL... #WEsayNOtoSHIVANI'sWEDDING..

Bring it on Chumzy! U and ur pen wil feel our wrath, if u ever give Shivani any stewpid wedding.. [just kidding though]

Ride on dear.

I am with you BlessMan

I am supplying sweetest popcorn with variety of cold drinks for this action movie
Re: Tradition - A Story by LitQueen(f): 2:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
She better not do anything to Shiv
Re: Tradition - A Story by jupitre(m): 2:36pm On Mar 15, 2017
Jeezzz.you are doing a great job mam.may the Lord give u more wisdom....i kinda feel for mia oooo.thats the end product of not loving your child properly
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 15, 2017
nice work dear, anytime i see ur posts i rush to read cos i know u will hav something good
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 4:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
Lol, thanks for the good words darling
pepperoni55:
nice work dear, anytime i see ur posts i rush to read cos i know u will hav something good
Re: Tradition - A Story by sirblero(m): 4:23pm On Mar 15, 2017
wow..just three days I went off...updates upon updates...
You're too much ma...keep it up... #following..
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 5:06pm On Mar 15, 2017
sirblero:
wow..just three days I went off...updates upon updates...

You're too much ma...keep it up...
#following..
thanks dear. My love @TheBlessedMAN i see u viewing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by TheBlessedMAN: 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2017
Chumzypinky:

thanks dear. My love @TheBlessedMAN i see u viewing
yes love. Am just keeping my words., i told u, u've gat my attention, and am nt collecting it bak frm u... So pls, av gat ur back.. Kwantinu

2 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by cherrybrown(f): 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2017
Johnsown1:
Its my day today, all of una should start showing me some love and some gifts

,bibijay123,kaysa08 Comelyjummy,cherrybrown,ritababe,ucnwafor,ikombe,wizsolzy,toshibaba49a,hedampson,do4luv14,misspicy and co.
Happy birthday sweetheart am sorry for sending it late.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 5:44pm On Mar 15, 2017
Dedicated to my one and only sweetheart, TheBlessedMAN.
Tradition...
'Dike!' Dora screamed unbelievably 'dont tell me you're still sleeping? By 7am?' A frown creased her heavily made up face 'you've gat to be kidding me!'

Dike groaned tiredly 'just lemme sleep'

'do you realise we have to get to the village before 9am? Seriously Dike, you have to get up and prepare. Your clothes has been ironed and shoes polished. Stand up please and come down for breakfast so we leave together please!' She sighed tiredly.

'just leave my room please, i'll stand up when i've gotten enough sleep' He turned to the other side holding a fluffy pillow to his chest.

'you cant say that Dike! This is your marriage we're talking about here! The Queen already called us and we have to be in the village on or before 9am!'

'you guys can as well leave. I will come when i'm ready'

'Dike...'

He sat up angrily 'Dora, are you mad? Are you deaf? Didnt you just hear what i said? I said get out of my room right now!'

'Dike, you...'

'now!' He barked.

'fine! You can as well dream of cats and dogs' She left the room closing it with a loud bang.

Dike let out a tired hiss and fell on the bed. His phone rang immediately. It was his mum.

He groaned 'hello mum?' Then as an afterthought he said 'Goodmorning ma'

'goodmorning sir. I reckon you and your wives are on your way right?' His mother asked sounding cheerful.

'uh?' He sat up immediately cleaning his eyes 'uhm...yes. We're about leaving the house'

'okay, very good. Get here before nine okay? Your father wants you to meet with some people before the ceremony commences, okay?'

'alright mum'

'take care son and look handsome for your beautiful bride, okay?'

'okay mum'

'i love you son'

'okay mum. I...uh, love you too'

She chuckled and hung up. He sighed heavily. Jehovah king of glory, help me from this tradition of a thing, oh please. He prayed inwardly.

'i thought you would never come down' Dora hissed 'we were planning on leaving you'

'thats enough Dora. Dont tell me rubbish now because i'll respond to you in a manner you'll not like' Dike said coldly as he sat for his own breakfast.

Dora paused. Did Dike just speak to her in that manner?

Chinny suppressed a laughter 'i cant believe you're speaking to your best wife that way Dike'

Dike help up his hand quickly 'dont speak to me'

'yeah right' Chinny rolled her eyes 'i should have known that the demon that possessed your body yesterday has left you' She hissed.

'i'll pretend i didnt hear that' He sipped from his tea, then eyed Adanna who was sitting two chairs after him, eating her breakfast too 'what are you doing here?'

'i? I...' She looked at Dora and Chinny who were the only ones around, clearing the already used plates on the table 'i'm eating my own breakfast. I didnt wake up on time so i couldnt eat breakfast when they were eating theirs'

'how many times have i stated that i dont want anyone around my table when eating? This is a rule i've made known to everyone before. I dont know why you're going against it now. You wanna taste my patience right? Get up right now' He said trying to remain calm.

'Dike but...' Dora was saying.

'Dora i think you've started taking our closeness for granted' He cut in immediately 'it seems we've become so familiar that you no longer accord me respect as the man of this house any longer. I am warning you, dont you ever, talk when i'm talking. The nonsense you did in my room this morning, it should never happen again as well, else, something unbargained for will take place' He warned sternly.

Dora felt embarrassed. Why was Dike treating her this way all of a sudden? The grin on Chinny's face even made her more embarrassed.

Dike shot Adanna another glance and she slowly stood up 'i'm sorry for going against your orders Dike. I'm very sorry' She took her cup of tea and the plate containg sliced bread and sandwhich, slowly walking away to the kitchen.

Dora hissed and walked out as well. It remained Chinny who continued grinning.

'what are you waiting for to leave as well?' he asked harshly.

Chinny smirked 'eat your table' She stuck her tongue out and left as well.

He shook his head 'crazy bunch of idiots. Stubborn women!'

He checked his rolex watch. It was 8:05am already. He had nothing less than 50mins to get to the village.

TBC

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 15, 2017
Dike is a badass.............I just like him more and more.
Re: Tradition - A Story by empress101(f): 6:59pm On Mar 15, 2017
cheesy woww chumzypinky well done oo.. nice story u got here...
Re: Tradition - A Story by TheBlessedMAN: 7:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Tradition...

WOW! This is the Lords doing, and its marvellous in my Sinful sight..

A whole Update? Dedicated to a Whole me? I feel like u just handed me the only ginger i need to Masturbate my Brains out this night..

Chai! My left hand go suffer this Night... Thanks baby... U are too much..

BTTS<<==

DIKE - and i was actually thinking u are finally starting to see the Errors in how u treat those Eve's that God hav given ur Adam...

TEAM MIA.. Where are u guys? We've got a wedding to disturb..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tradition - A Story by wizsolzy(m): 7:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
Chumzypinky:
i've forgiven u . Go and sin no more
oohh fada lawd see Reverend sister
make ah run before one person go say ah dey derail d stowi

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 7:13pm On Mar 15, 2017
TheBlessedMAN:

WOW! This is the Lords doing, and its marvellous in my Sinful sight..

A whole Update? Dedicated to a Whole me? I feel like u just handed me the only ginger i need to Masturbate my Brains out this night..

Chai! My left hand go suffer this Night... Thanks baby... U are too much..

BTTS<<==

DIKE - and i was actually thinking u are finally starting to see the Errors in how u treat those Eve's that God hav given ur Adam...

TEAM MIA.. Where are u guys? We've got a wedding to disturb..

wow. You and masturbation. May God help u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by LitQueen(f): 7:24pm On Mar 15, 2017
I'm still debating on wheter Dike is a jackass or a badass

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by wizsolzy(m): 8:25pm On Mar 15, 2017
Chumzypinky:
TBC

Re: Tradition - A Story by Areros: 8:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
Any story without theblessedman and his team ehn....... grin.

Chumzypinky you're doing such a great job that I might end up completing the story in my dream this night tongue.

Nairalanders can bash someone sha. you people did not even pity the guy small..... Now I've come to spread my mat and quietly drinking my bobo #I'm such a baby# grin

Em..... who's in the front seat? I need space beside you jare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by kingofcasting(m): 9:23pm On Mar 15, 2017
Chumzypinky:
CHAPTER TWO.
'another one added to the ones you already have?' Martins asked in surprise as he and his friend played the game of chess.

'its the tradition'

'whats fucking tradition is that? After six wives?! This is fucking shii mehn. I dont expect you to agree to that shii' Martins shook his head.

'i have no plans of agreeing to it' Dike said 'its not happening. I married the first girl at age 11, and the second at age 13. And thats how i've been marrying up until now and my father is trying to force another into my home, its not happening, i swear down' Dike hissed.

'how many wives has your father?'

'seven'

'with your mother being the?'

'first'

'that means its customary as a king-to-be in your village that you marry seven wives even before you assume the throne?'

'and thats what i'm saying that i have no interest in Igweship. I want it passed to Kachi, my younger brother who's currently abroad studying medicine. I do not want to be king. Not when i'm managing a huge empire. I can never forfeit that for anything in the world nah. Its not making sense at all'

'hmm' Martins looked ahead to see Adanna approaching them with a tray and a beautiful smile plastered on her face.

He marvelled of her beauty. She was the first wife of Dike, very beautiful with a nice shape. And she was the kindest amongst them.

'hey Ada!' he said with a smile when she got to them 'whats up?'

'i'm fine Martins' She dropped the tray containing two plates of steaming peppersoup in their front 'just felt you two might need this when chilaxing, right Dike?'

Dike shot her a look that had her nonsmiling immediately 'get out of here!' Dike barked 'now!'

She quickly turned to leave when he called her back. She turned.

'take this with you' he pointed at the tray. She hesitated for a while 'now!'

She scurried back to the table, picked up the tray and walked away with sadness on her face.

'that was bad Dike' Martins said to his friend 'you had no right to shout at her that way. She was only trying to be nice'

'nice my foot! Thats how they all try to be nice. Nice idiots! You cant begin to imagine how much i hate them all'

'them all, Dora inclusive?' he asked referring to the fourth wife of Dike.

'Dora's the only reasonable person amongst them. She knows what she wants. And she didnt marry me because she's as greedy as them all. She married me because she was forced to. And i'm aware that she's secretly dating someone else and i fully give my consent to it! Thats why she's different'

'your life is complicated my friend. I'm just wondering how you're going to cope later on when you decide to finally be with that whom you consider the one'

'when that time comes, i assure you, things would take a different turn'

'i just hope so'

Dora watched as her husband pursed his lips. She knew something was bothering him. She knew Dike that much.

Even as he ate his breakfast that morning, she knew he was absent-minded. Of all his wives, she was the closest to him so she knew.

And she also knew that she was the only one whom he trusted with the running of the house. And she was eternally grateful that he didnt object to her relationship with Frank, her boyfriend.

Dike was a nice man. Though sometimes she felt he deserved better. He wasnt happy. He had once opened up to her that seeing his other wives move around the house was a sight of disgust to him. And that someday sometime, he was going to have to do something very drastic. And she knew what he was capable of.

Dike was a very fine man. He was chocolate skinned with broad shoulders, nice abs. Pink lips, pointed nose, grey eyes, a wonderful height, an aura that permeated royalty... What could she describe him with? Infact, she had never seen anyone as handsome as he was. And he was no womanizer.

There was a time she loved him. Even till now, she still felt something for him. But when she realised that there was no hope for him to love her the same way, she decided to look elsewhere. But that didnt mean she still didnt feel something for him somewhere in her heart.

'Dike, whats the problem?'

He looked up from his breakfast 'did you say something?'

'yes i did dear husband' She said with sarcasm 'i asked what the problem is'

'what problem?'

'are you seriously asking me that question? Eh Dike? We both know that something's bothering you. Something's eating you up that i've been sitting with you since you started having breakfast and you're not ready to strike a conversation!'

'i'm not just in the mood to talk Dora' She loved the way her name rolled off his lips. More like Doraaa.

'seriously now Dike, when did you start hiding things from me?'

'i'm not hiding anything from you Dora'

She looked at him suspiciously. Could he be seeing someone else? Jealousy tugged at her heart. Dike couldnt love someone else. She still loved him with all her heart. And she was ready to admit it to him.

Not minding Frank.

TBC
hmmm

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 9:24pm On Mar 15, 2017
LitQueen:
I'm still debating on wheter Dike is a jackass or a badass
lol. Wats d difference?
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 15, 2017
kingofcasting:
hmmm
Hey Must U Quote A Whole Update because Of A Few Line Of Comment.

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by kingofcasting(m): 9:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
holuwanoisy111:
Hey Must U Quote A Whole Update because Of A Few Line Of Comment.
grin

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by ladyverere(f): 9:40pm On Mar 15, 2017
Sylva2147:
Maybe you did not go through what the writer said was her reason why she doesn't want Mia to marry Dike. She is having a secret affair with the Igwe and the tendency of Mia being igwe's daughter is there, and that will mean that Dike is getting married to his own blood sister.

The writer did not say Mia and Dike are half siblings. And let's face it, it's not an excuse for her mother to be beastly to her. Anyway, my point is, everyone has a right to fight for what dey want. However, I think Mia should have confided in her sister.
Re: Tradition - A Story by ikombe: 9:40pm On Mar 15, 2017

Re: Tradition - A Story by Emekus92(m): 9:44pm On Mar 15, 2017
kingofcasting:
grin
U r here with this ur attitude of quoting the whole episode. Pls stop it
Re: Tradition - A Story by LitQueen(f): 9:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
Chumzypinky:

lol. Wats d difference?
A jackass is a blockhead. Or in Dike's case: a rich, priviledged, cocky, block head. Which makes it worse.
A badass is an aggressive, cool, intimidating person who's bad side you do not want to be on.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (137) (Reply)

Number 225 Katakata Street / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.