Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Tradition - A Story - Literature (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tradition - A Story (1139734 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tradition - A Story by bimberry1307(f): 11:34am On Apr 24, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Hello guys.
I dont want it to look like i've abandoned you guys or something. I dont plan on abandoning Tradition, its not going to happen.
I'm grateful for your understanding. But i still need much of it.
The twins are already a handful just being five days old. Breastfeeding, wails, hot water, and all these stuffs, the mothers in the house will understand.
Honestly, i dont know when i'm coming online again.
But i'll try to drop an update tomorrrow or thereabout. Again, i'm grateful for all ur understanding and may God bless you.
Thanks also for the wishes. I appreciate
Awwww! that's sweet of you. Please, take your time dear. childbearing aint a joke jare. it is well with you, may the Lord be your strength.

2 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by Roseygold(f): 12:03pm On Apr 24, 2017
Waoo am impress madam with ur story u r superb, i only read bibi story because of d way she update, i just saw this story yestaday and decide to check it, i have read alot of stories in nl bt it terible d way some wil nt update on time til u loose interest y some wil nt finish it and with ur condition u stil update kudos to u. God wil continue to increase ur wisdom, knowledge and understanding in jesus name, my regard to the baby, the hand of God wil nt depart from ur family CONGRAT ON UR SAFE DELIVERY
Re: Tradition - A Story by donteanz(m): 3:05pm On Apr 24, 2017
Queengolden:
cngratulations mummy chumzy pray dat d money to train does children neva runs dry and happy birthday to me
happy birthday to you queen of Nairaland
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 3:20pm On Apr 24, 2017
Roseygold:
Waoo am impress madam with ur story u r superb, i only read bibi story because of d way she update, i just saw this story yestaday and decide to check it, i have read alot of stories in nl bt it terible d way some wil nt update on time til u loose interest y some wil nt finish it and with ur condition u stil update kudos to u. God wil continue to increase ur wisdom, knowledge and understanding in jesus name, my regard to the baby, the hand of God wil nt depart from ur family CONGRAT ON UR SAFE DELIVERY
thanks dear. And God bless u too
Re: Tradition - A Story by ladiesBOO(m): 4:13pm On Apr 24, 2017
EmpresFIDEL:
God bless you too...
you no go like make we kukuma do so that ppl will congratulate you too.... even if na triplet, I like am so
Re: Tradition - A Story by Queenakande(f): 6:02pm On Apr 24, 2017
Chumzypinky:

thanks dear. And God bless u too
how are the twins doing today Darling chumzypinky?
Re: Tradition - A Story by PrettyMizQdot(f): 6:26pm On Apr 24, 2017
Ooops!! Congrats Chumzy shocked... Olohun á wò wón, Á dá won sí.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 24, 2017
ladiesBOO:
you no go like make we kukuma do so that ppl will congratulate you too.... even if na triplet, I like am so
lolz u are not serious... am still an undergraduate oh. there is time for everything.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 10:05am On Apr 25, 2017
'you're kidding me right?'

Ijeoma shrugged 'i wished i was. I have proof. I took a video of them' She brought out her phone and showed it to him.

He watched them converse 'everyone under the sun knows how much mother loves this woman. They are very close friends'

'i guess close friends are the one who hurts most' She shrugged remembering what had also happened to her at the early stage of their marriage.

'if mother finds out 'bout this....'

'i dont even want her to find out' She said immediately 'i just want the both of us to stop this. What they are doing aint right at all. They are betraying mum'

'so what do you suggest we do?' He handed her phone back to her.

'talk to dad maybe. And then speak to Freda. And maybe tell Shivani. Maybe she could also talk to her mum. Dialogue is the solution to all this'

'really? Thats what you think?'

'thats what i know'

He shrugged 'alright. You go about it yourself. We're not in this together'

'meaning?' She eyed her younger bother disdainfully.

He hugged her from behind again 'oh Ije dont give me that look! Its not as if i do not want to help really. But...i'm a very busy man. Having seven wives at home is something on its own'

She turned and faced her brother 'sometimes the way you behave, its just as if what happens in the royal family doesnt concern you. You're just focused on your business and nothing else. Your family isnt important to you and thats bad. Very bad Dike. Your family should always come first'

He sighed and loosened his tie 'not again Ijeoma. Not now'

'you're falling my hand Dike'

'i'm sorry'

'i'll handle this myself'

She left the room. Just as she opened the door out of Dike's room, she sighted Shivani approaching, an earphone carefully tucked in her ears.

She smiled to herself and walked up to her 'hi you'

Shivani removed the earphone from her ears and smiled 'hello'

'may i have a word with you for a sec?'

'no problem'

'okay,' She held her arm 'you see, i wont beat around the bush. But i'm going to show you something, and after studying you for a while, i've noticed that you're the smart type. So certainly you're going to understand the implications of what i'm going to show you if its not stopped on time'

Shivani creased her brows in confusion 'whats that?'

'calm down. And dont freak out' She showed the video to Shivani.

After replaying the video for three more times, Shivani found herself breaking into sweats. She couldnt believe it. Her sweet mum would never do something like that to her best friend. Bleep! Her mother wouldnt even think of sleeping with a married man. But it was there, visible for all to see. Her mother was telling the Igwe she loved him. Was there something she was missing somewhere?

'what...what...is this?' She finally found her voice.

'thats proof that your mother has been fvcking my father for a very long time'

Shivani cringed at the F word. On a normal note, she would have asked herself why a princess would want to say such a word but she didnt have that luxury at the time.

'i dont believe this!' She shoved the phone into her sister in law's palms 'stop fabricating useless lies againt my mum'

'so for your mind, you think say i go wan lie against my father abi?' She spoke in pidgin and Shivani almost laughed as it didnt suit her tongue 'has anyone ever told you that i'm the apple of my father's eyes? I love him so much and lying against him is the last thing i'll ever do. But i want to kill this matter from the root and thats why i'm telling you. I want you to send this video to your phone. Pay your mum a visit and speak to her 'bout it. I'll also talk to my father. Whatever foolish affair they have had better end here else things would go wrong' She spoke sternly.

Shivani blinked 'are you going to tell your mother?'

Ijeoma laughed 'of course not! But failure in stopping their affair, i'll rant to my mother, in a....' She snapped her fingers 'snap of a finger'

'thats cruel!'

'cruel? Did you just say cruel? Am i being cruel right now for trying to cover up for your shameless seductress of a mother and my father?'

'did you just call my mother shameless?!'

'isnt that what she is?'

Shivani grew mad 'i would have slapped you right now had you not been my elder and my sister-inlaw. Dont you ever, ever speak about my mother in such a demeaning manner ever again!'

'please be quiet! What will you do?'

'i wont repeat myself!' She quickly walked away.

Ijeoma stared at the retreating girl and quickly concluded she didnt like her at all.

TBC

Question of the day: This little misunderstanding between Ijeoma and Shivani, whom do you think spoke wrongly to the other? Was it Ijeoma or Shivani? And state your reasons.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tradition - A Story by Roseygold(f): 10:37am On Apr 25, 2017
For me what happen btw them is nomal because no child wil not suport her mother as for shiva when she finaly see the true color of her mum hummmm i wonda what wil happen. How are the twins kudos to u
Re: Tradition - A Story by do4luv14(m): 11:07am On Apr 25, 2017
Roseygold:
For me what happen btw them is nomal because no child wil not suport her mother as for shiva when she finaly see the true color of her mum hummmm i wonda what wil happen. How are the twins kudos to u

you try

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by bossy512(f): 11:13am On Apr 25, 2017
Is Shivani joor, well done
Re: Tradition - A Story by do4luv14(m): 11:14am On Apr 25, 2017
I don't ill blqme IJEOMA for it,
no be say because I like SHIVANI ooo, the way IJE goes about it was too forward, plus she should hav got her tinking about wat her MUM does behinds her back, if IJE had gone about it smartly

no matter wat, IJE was not suppose to insult SHIVANI mom to her face while shading her dad,

i blame SHIVANI too for snapping, but IJE caused it, so the grater blame got s to her,

TNKS MOMSI for the update, how is our DARLINGS doing hope sweet and bouncing cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by rosalieene(f): 11:16am On Apr 25, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Sorry guys that i've been able to update or even come online. I put to bed on Monday Evening thats why i couldnt come.
As for those whom the wait irritated, i'm deeply sorry. I just have to care for myself and the new babies (for the lord blessed me with twins, a boucing baby boy and a girl), so i'm terribly sorry.
congratulations! so happy for yhu
Re: Tradition - A Story by Little95(m): 11:27am On Apr 25, 2017
I blame shivani, ijeoma does'nt said any bad..
Re: Tradition - A Story by rosalieene(f): 11:38am On Apr 25, 2017
I think the approach with which IJEOMA went about calling shivani's mother a slut is bad and that was wat infuriated shivani. No Good child would watch back and keep quiet while their mum is been insulted.

5 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by Queengolden(f): 11:47am On Apr 25, 2017
donteanz:
happy birthday to you queen of Nairaland
thank you
Re: Tradition - A Story by do4luv14(m): 1:17pm On Apr 25, 2017
rosalieene:
I think the approach with which IJEOMA went about calling shivani's mother a slut is bad and that was wat infuriated shivani. No Good child would watch back and keep quiet while their mum is been insulted.

tank you jare , take one sweet kiss muah!!!!

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 25, 2017
Chumzypinky:
'you're kidding me right?'

Ijeoma shrugged 'i wished i was. I have proof. I took a video of them' She brought out her phone and showed it to him.

He watched them converse 'everyone under the sun knows how much mother loves this woman. They are very close friends'

'i guess close friends are the one who hurts most' She shrugged remembering what had also happened to her at the early stage of their marriage.

'if mother finds out 'bout this....'

'i dont even want her to find out' She said immediately 'i just want the both of us to stop this. What they are doing aint right at all. They are betraying mum'

'so what do you suggest we do?' He handed her phone back to her.

'talk to dad maybe. And then speak to Freda. And maybe tell Shivani. Maybe she could also talk to her mum. Dialogue is the solution to all this'

'really? Thats what you think?'

'thats what i know'

He shrugged 'alright. You go about it yourself. We're not in this together'

'meaning?' She eyed her younger bother disdainfully.

He hugged her from behind again 'oh Ije dont give me that look! Its not as if i do not want to help really. But...i'm a very busy man. Having seven wives at home is something on its own'

She turned and faced her brother 'sometimes the way you behave, its just as if what happens in the royal family doesnt concern you. You're just focused on your business and nothing else. Your family isnt important to you and thats bad. Very bad Dike. Your family should always come first'

He sighed and loosened his tie 'not again Ijeoma. Not now'

'you're falling my hand Dike'

'i'm sorry'

'i'll handle this myself'

She left the room. Just as she opened the door out of Dike's room, she sighted Shivani approaching, an earphone carefully tucked in her ears.

She smiled to herself and walked up to her 'hi you'

Shivani removed the earphone from her ears and smiled 'hello'

'may i have a word with you for a sec?'

'no problem'

'okay,' She held her arm 'you see, i wont beat around the bush. But i'm going to show you something, and after studying you for a while, i've noticed that you're the smart type. So certainly you're going to understand the implications of what i'm going to show you if its not stopped on time'

Shivani creased her brows in confusion 'whats that?'

'calm down. And dont freak out' She showed the video to Shivani.

After replaying the video for three more times, Shivani found herself breaking into sweats. She couldnt believe it. Her sweet mum would never do something like that to her best friend. Bleep! Her mother wouldnt even think of sleeping with a married man. But it was there, visible for all to see. Her mother was telling the Igwe she loved him. Was there something she was missing somewhere?

'what...what...is this?' She finally found her voice.

'thats proof that your mother has been fvcking my father for a very long time'

Shivani cringed at the F word. On a normal note, she would have asked herself why a princess would want to say such a word but she didnt have that luxury at the time.

'i dont believe this!' She shoved the phone into her sister in law's palms 'stop fabricating useless lies againt my mum'

'so for your mind, you think say i go wan lie against my father abi?' She spoke in pidgin and Shivani almost laughed as it didnt suit her tongue 'has anyone ever told you that i'm the apple of my father's eyes? I love him so much and lying against him is the last thing i'll ever do. But i want to kill this matter from the root and thats why i'm telling you. I want you to send this video to your phone. Pay your mum a visit and speak to her 'bout it. I'll also talk to my father. Whatever foolish affair they have had better end here else things would go wrong' She spoke sternly.

Shivani blinked 'are you going to tell your mother?'

Ijeoma laughed 'of course not! But failure in stopping their affair, i'll rant to my mother, in a....' She snapped her fingers 'snap of a finger'

'thats cruel!'

'cruel? Did you just say cruel? Am i being cruel right now for trying to cover up for your shameless seductress of a mother and my father?'

'did you just call my mother shameless?!'

'isnt that what she is?'

Shivani grew mad 'i would have slapped you right now had you not been my elder and my sister-inlaw. Dont you ever, ever speak about my mother in such a demeaning manner ever again!'

'please be quiet! What will you do?'

'i wont repeat myself!' She quickly walked away.

Ijeoma stared at the retreating girl and quickly concluded she didnt like her at all.

TBC

Question of the day: This little misunderstanding between Ijeoma and Shivani, whom do you think spoke wrongly to the other? Was it Ijeoma or Shivani? And state your reasons.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 25, 2017
ijeoma is at fault.he shouldn't have called shivani's mother names
Re: Tradition - A Story by smokeydrinky: 2:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
Shivani is too mellow for my liking but I do not blame her. Nobody would want to believe that his or her mum is a home wrecker.
Re: Tradition - A Story by chrystalbel(f): 3:06pm On Apr 25, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Hello guys.
I dont want it to look like i've abandoned you guys or something. I dont plan on abandoning Tradition, its not going to happen.
I'm grateful for your understanding. But i still need much of it.
The twins are already a handful just being five days old. Breastfeeding, wails, hot water, and all these stuffs, the mothers in the house will understand.
Honestly, i dont know when i'm coming online again.
But i'll try to drop an update tomorrrow or thereabout. Again, i'm grateful for all ur understanding and may God bless you.
Thanks also for the wishes. I appreciate

Have always been a ghost reader.. Never made any comment.. Let me say dis "ur story is the bomb, u re an amazing writer, I love dis story and am beginning to fall in love with u #winks#
Congratulation on the safe delivery.. I pray God will guide u and ur wonderful babies..
Am happy for u ma'am..
Re: Tradition - A Story by hormobolanle: 3:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hadampson:
Congratulations tew Mama chumzypinky.. May God bless the twins abundantly with His wisdom, understanding, knowledge and other good attributes.

Angelinastto, cerewo, oly23, hormobolanle, yewandequeen, divineroyalty, marianneada, dtobs, yungtemy.. Mama chumzypinky don born twins ocheesy

OPE OOOOO
DANCING SHOKI NO I DON CHANGE TO ETIGI I KON DAB! PEPPER DON LAND

CONGRATULATIONS TO U MA GOD BLESS D SUDREN N PROVIDE FOR U SO U GO FIT DO D NAMING IN A GRAND STYLE!
CHAIIIIIII I JUST DY HAPPY......... #whispering... my partner in crime *Hadampson go Don understand
Re: Tradition - A Story by umufarha(f): 3:13pm On Apr 25, 2017
In fact I'm beginning to dislike shivani, so she wanted to eat her cake and have it, her mother would do something shameless and she still expect people to sang her praises? She in fact owed ijeoma gratitude for covering it from her mother cos I trust her mother the queen- even she too was too rude and mean to her husband the king

2 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by BlissfulJeff(m): 6:51pm On Apr 25, 2017
u cnt blame ijeoma,she jst acted d way evry normal person would act.weldone pinky lady
Re: Tradition - A Story by Bimcious(f): 8:21pm On Apr 25, 2017
This is my first comment on this story. It just that, I wonder why Dike mum is concerned her husband is having an affair when she has six co-wives. I don't see how practical that is, by now she should be used with sharing him with other women. Secondly, if it is the fact that dike mum wasn't showing affection is what pushed the king to seek comfort from Frada, why didn't he look for that from other wives.

5 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 8:50pm On Apr 25, 2017
Bimcious:
This is my first comment on this story. It just that, I wonder why Dike mum is concerned her husband is having an affair when she has six co-wives. I don't see how practical that is, by now she should be used with sharing him with other women. Secondly, if it is the fact that dike mum wasn't showing affection is what pushed the king to seek comfort from Frada, why didn't he look for that from other wives.
lets just imagine Dike falls in love with ONLY Shivani. Do you think he would want to seek comfort from his other wives when he obviously dislikes them? He might not even warm their beds. Infact, he wont consider them wives and when he starts cheating, Shivani's going to be the one hurt the most, i dont know if you understand whats happening....
Re: Tradition - A Story by majoie: 9:40pm On Apr 25, 2017
not Ijeoma,not shivani. Ijeoma spoke from anger and those names actually suits Freda with the situation at hand. shivani also is right by defending her mum. not defending her actions but definitely will not have anyone call her mother names in her presence no matter her of fence especially when its coming from a young lady like herself
Re: Tradition - A Story by yusufibrahim(m): 9:49pm On Apr 25, 2017
Ijeoma was not gentle with her words on as much as she want it settled silently... Shivani on the other hand was quick to anger which is normal for a child that love her mother ijeoma should have been more diplomatic in handling the matter it would have been easy to resolve without any problems but now that the have blow it out of proportion it's very likely the person the are trying to shield from the scandal will definitely hear about it
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 25, 2017
***** clears throat*****
First of all I want to thank my darling chumzypinky ( TheBlessedMan, no be wetin you dey think oh wink) for the update. I have said it and will continue saying it till the day Nigeria becomes a world power, you are a heavenly ordained writer. Keep growing from glory to glory with your writing prowess.

Now back to the matter on ground, after analysing, checking, cross checking and recross checking, I've come to conclusions that the both of them are at fault.
How can shiviani or wetin be her name be so naive after she has seen the video, what was she thinking. How can she still defend her mother after she has seen clear evidence that her mother is a home wrecker. I must say she is so blinded by love that she has refuse to acknowledge even the truth. Though, I won't Blame her, anybody would have reacted the same way but she should have acted a little bit matured and thought of a way to put and end to all this fiasco before it goes out of control.

And as for ijeoma, I commend her for being mature in handling the situation on ground but where she fall hands na where she insult shivani mummy.
I know shiviani was annoying trying to defend her mumsi after seeing the evidence but that doesn't give her their right to insult her mother because if na me, I for don break rubber for her head.

#mythoughttho

2 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by jakandeola(m): 11:01pm On Apr 25, 2017
congrats chumzypinky am on ban since I read ur blog dat u born I wad so happy. iya ibeji hahahahah am happy for u I wish dat ur babies grow in love and good health dat all u need money to spoil dem as an angel dat God gives u. 2boys or 2girls
Re: Tradition - A Story by JaeSharp(m): 4:05am On Apr 26, 2017
when talking to an elderly person no matter what ure arguing about... u shouldn't use words like I would have slapped u if not that...... cos its d same as slapping d person....... d princess could have used a more polite word instead of d shameless... .......

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (137) (Reply)

Number 225 Katakata Street / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.