Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,300 members, 7,954,195 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:59 PM

Pc Refuses To Boot - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pc Refuses To Boot (1834 Views)

Please Help My Desktop Computer Fails To Boot / Help, My Hp Laptop Refuses To Boot / When Your Computer Fails To Boot To Desktop. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pc Refuses To Boot by Eze2000(m): 6:04am On Mar 07, 2017
Help,
my PC, HP windows 8.1, was on hibernate all night bit froze on my turning it on this morning. I took out d b3 and put it back in which usually solve such issues but not this time. it has refused to boot. the screen stays dark all through. it starts n shuts down after a seconds sometimes doesn't but be screen stays dark.

how can I fix?
Re: Pc Refuses To Boot by horllamy(m): 6:08am On Mar 07, 2017
Eze2000:
Help,
my PC, HP windows 8.1, was on hibernate all night bit froze on my turning it on this morning. I took out d b3 and put it back in which usually solve such issues but not this time. it has refused to boot. the screen stays dark all through. it starts n shuts down after a seconds sometimes doesn't but be screen stays dark.

how can I fix?
Have you try to check the ram
Re: Pc Refuses To Boot by khorlynz(m): 6:23am On Mar 07, 2017
In addition to checking the RAM, remove the battery and try to power the laptop with NEPA or GEN since you mention in your post that it goes off after few seconds
Re: Pc Refuses To Boot by Eze2000(m): 8:25am On Mar 07, 2017
horllamy:

Have you try to check the ram

khorlynz:
In addition to checking the RAM, remove the battery and try to power the laptop with NEPA or GEN since you mention in your post that it goes off after few seconds
[quote author=horllamy post=54343268]

I don't even know how to check ram. Does hibermation spoil ram? or is it just dust?
Re: Pc Refuses To Boot by Eze2000(m): 8:36am On Mar 07, 2017
khorlynz:

try off b3 boot, didn't work
Re: Pc Refuses To Boot by horllamy(m): 8:50am On Mar 07, 2017
Eze2000:

Give it to nearby engineer to verify the problem for you
Re: Pc Refuses To Boot by SOPIGO: 9:08pm On Mar 07, 2017
Eze2000:
Help,

how can I fix?
use ur hand to support d screen... It may be dat d fleze is touching
Re: Pc Refuses To Boot by nigerianservice: 9:55pm On Mar 07, 2017
Re: Pc Refuses To Boot by Eze2000(m): 4:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
SOPIGO:
use ur hand to support d screen... It may be dat d fleze is touching

its the Ram bro, it needs changing
Re: Pc Refuses To Boot by Eze2000(m): 4:12pm On Mar 08, 2017
Re: Pc Refuses To Boot by SOPIGO: 5:35pm On Mar 08, 2017
Eze2000:

wen u put it on... Does it make sound.... If it is not making any sound... I doubt if it is ram.... But test it with other ram
Re: Pc Refuses To Boot by yorhmienerd(m): 5:55pm On Mar 08, 2017
Eze2000:

Don't let them milk you, sometimes, it's blowing the ram space i.e the slot(space) may have dirt in it. A simple blowing of the space may work
Re: Pc Refuses To Boot by Eze2000(m): 8:47pm On Mar 08, 2017
SOPIGO:
wen u put it on... Does it make sound.... If it is not making any sound... I doubt if it is ram.... But test it with other ram

its making all d right sounds. it even starts up sometimes. if it goes off and I wait for like 10 mins and try, it comes on smoothly. if I test b4 then it comes on but d screen will not light up
Re: Pc Refuses To Boot by SOPIGO: 6:55am On Mar 09, 2017
O zin 000 post=54400486]

its making all d right sounds. it even starts up sometimes. if it goes off and I wait for like 10 mins and try, it comes on smoothly. if I test b4 then it comes on but d screen will not light up[/quote]wen I say sound... I might unusual continuous sound.... Sound that u haven't heard b4. Just test it out with another laptop ram whether it will boot to desktop.
Re: Pc Refuses To Boot by SOPIGO: 7:10am On Mar 09, 2017
Eze2000:

its making all d right sounds. it even starts up sometimes. if it goes off and I wait for like 10 mins and try, it comes on smoothly. if I test b4 then it comes on but d screen will not light up
OK then, use AVU cable to try it on television whether it will display on ur TV set.
Re: Pc Refuses To Boot by Eze2000(m): 1:11pm On Mar 09, 2017
SOPIGO:
OK then, use AVU cable to try it on television whether it will display on ur TV set.

Tried, no show.
no show either with new RAM.
They are looking at d mother board now. I'm at Alaba international ...Lagos
Re: Pc Refuses To Boot by abdulaz: 3:02pm On Mar 10, 2017
Eze2000:
Help,

how can I fix?
How far you don fit fix your lappy?
Re: Pc Refuses To Boot by abdulaz: 3:06pm On Mar 10, 2017
Try this method.

Remove the battery of ur laptop PC.

Press and hold down the power button for 45 to 60 seconds.

Put back the battery in the PC battery compartment.

Press the power button to put on the PC and you're good to go.

Good luck!!!!!!!

Please mention me if it works so that I can request for my recharge card grin
Re: Pc Refuses To Boot by Eze2000(m): 5:58pm On Mar 10, 2017
abdulaz:

How far you don fit fix your lappy?

No, the thing is frustrating I can't even talk well now.
I never should have gone alaba but computer village. At Alaba its trial and error show in the worst way.

First theory tried new Ram, no show. Then theory said d problem is from motherboard and they'll fix it. That's how open up my eighteen month old laptop. in the end the thing seemed to work fine but was misbehaving when on power. They said my adaptor was not the right one....how theory know that when d adaptor was a chinese adaptor with China words all over it, I have no idea. I got d raptor from an engineer in computer village and it has done me well for a year.
I went and bought new adpotor and lappy was still misbehaving. I took it back to d guy and loosened it again to find a lose component on d mother board.
After d new fix, the misbehaving stopped but d laptop will on boot off power, never on power and it drains b3 markedly.
The guy was forced to confess he doesn't know what's wrong but by then I had already paid him before going to buy adaptor.
When I ask if he change any stuff on my motherboard he said he didn't. all he did was bring out d BIOS and put it back. ...it doesn't make sense.
one thing is for sure. I need to go see a real engineer in computer village
Re: Pc Refuses To Boot by abdulaz: 6:09pm On Mar 10, 2017
Eze2000:

No, the thing is frustrating I can't even talk well now.
I never should have gone alaba but computer village. At Alaba its trial and error show in the worst way.

First theory tried new Ram, no show. Then theory said d problem is from motherboard and they'll fix it. That's how open up my eighteen month old laptop. in the end the thing seemed to work fine but was misbehaving when on power. They said my adaptor was not the right one....how theory know that when d adaptor was a chinese adaptor with China words all over it, I have no idea. I got d raptor from an engineer in computer village and it has done me well for a year.
I went and bought new adpotor and lappy was still misbehaving. I took it back to d guy and loosened it again to find a lose component on d mother board.
After d new fix, the misbehaving stopped but d laptop will on boot off power, never on power and it drains b3 markedly.
The guy was forced to confess he doesn't know what's wrong but by then I had already paid him before going to buy adaptor.
When I ask if he change any stuff on my motherboard he said he didn't. all he did was bring out d BIOS and put it back. ...it doesn't make sense.
one thing is for sure. I need to go see a real engineer in computer village
Sorry for that man, I was so busy to reply your post when I saw your thread yesterday morning.

The problem your pc encountered was obviously caused by a charge build up. It has was happened to me before and I was able to fix it when I googled for solution online. I fixed it by just removing the battery, press and held down the power button for like 60 seconds, put back and battery and powered it back on.

Sorry for all the stress though, owning a PC is cool but maintaining it is not easy at all, you will just spend money you didn't budget.

(1) (Reply)

Windows Vista / Trade Your Old Laptop For A New One / How To Unlock Huawei E5573s-606 For Free (spectranet) To Use Ntel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.