Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Marriage And Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage And Family (1678 Views)

Why Your Diasporan Friends And Family Do Not Send You Money When You Ask. / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes / The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage And Family by Erums(m): 10:28am On Mar 07, 2017
I use to think that my family would never bother me to get married because we all feel its disturbing and its a desperate move. Im an edo guy, working class, in the southwestern part of the country in the midst of a lot of yoruba ladies, which in those days are tot to be very easy to marry. Yes dey are but to only their fellow tribe mate. Its been hard getting to interact because thier attitude is not homely at all, they discriminate against ibo somuch. Infact if im getting sometine i the market or wherever and im bieng spotted that i cant speak thier language they end up calling me omo ibo and there after they would engage in cheating me.
Other strategys are theyre are cheats, ibiles are a dense mass of thier population they act hungry all the time. I cant gake dat home,
My dad called last night asking me howfaa. I told him i havent seen a nice yoruba girl dat i need space.

Well i just wanted to air this out, cos it has been in my thinking why the yoruba girls are so odd, others characters includes bieng fetish, most of them are baby mamas, no virgin bt i dnt care, racist to the call.. Maybe its just abeokuta but i doubt.
One love
Re: Marriage And Family by 2SWT(f): 11:18am On Mar 07, 2017
I feel your pain bro

Try nairaland girls na grin
.twitter, Fb, etc you can meet ladies from other tribes
Re: Marriage And Family by Erums(m): 4:48pm On Mar 07, 2017
2SWT:
I feel your pain bro

Try nairaland girls na grin
.twitter, Fb, etc you can meet ladies from other tribes

You know nairaland is a faceless forum, its just for fun, ive not been connected to any, i just comments dats all.

Beside why is ur status female when youre actually male.... I smell a poo
Re: Marriage And Family by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 07, 2017
These attributes you mentioned are virtually inherent in all tribes in Nigeria. You just haven't found your soul mate yet. There are good ones among the aforesaid...I am not Yoruba. Just saying!.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Family by Erums(m): 7:06pm On Mar 07, 2017
kimbra:
These attributes you mentioned are virtually inherent in all tribes in Nigeria. You just haven't found your soul mate yet. There are good ones among the aforesaid...I am not Yoruba. Just saying!.

All tribes, i doubt.. Not all tribes re been fetish and decietful like they got it in thier gene. Well just some family push for me to become a man and claim additional responsibility than myself. I also agree there might be good ones left by i think dey re scares, its a community attitude towards outsiders.
Its a way of life... Have u been in this part of the country before? [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Marriage And Family by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 07, 2017
Erums:

All tribes, i doubt.. Not all tribes re been fetish and decietful like they got it in thier gene. Well just some family push for me to become a man and claim additional responsibility than myself. I also agree there might be good ones left by i think dey re scares, its a community attitude towards outsiders.
Its a way of life... Have u been in this part of the country before? [color=#990000][/color]
Nigerians are fetish. It cuts across all tribes. Though it's relative, I needn't visit that part of the country to know that. It's in our DNA and I can as well tell you that my tribe isn't excluded.

All I'll tell you is...Don't search for a wife desperately. don't let your parents pressurize you into it. You're prone to make mistakes while doing it desperately. You've already boxed every lady from that tribe as "fetish", I don't see why you're still searching for a wife among them. If you think any tribe is better, then look elsewhere. grin
Re: Marriage And Family by keepingmum: 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2017
The irony!!! When an Edo man accuses other tribes of infidelity , lacking carriage and elegance
Re: Marriage And Family by Erums(m): 7:55pm On Mar 07, 2017
kimbra:
Nigerians are fetish. It cuts across all tribes. Though it's relative, I needn't visit that part of the country to know that. It's in our DNA and I can as well tell you that my tribe isn't excluded.

All I'll tell you is...Don't search for a wife desperately. don't let your parents pressurize you into it. You're prone to make mistakes while doing it desperately. You've already boxed every lady from that tribe as "fetish", I don't see why you're still searching for a wife among them. If you think any tribe is better, then look elsewhere. grin

Dont get me wrong, i specified in abeokuta, i know not all are fetish bt theyre very scarces thus the low probability of getting a homely girl among them... Now i work in abk making me to look around where i reside... Looking elsewere means a distance relationship stuff which is most times never healthy because u tend not to know eachoda on the longrun. So what tribe are u frm?
Re: Marriage And Family by Atk1nson(m): 8:12pm On Mar 07, 2017
Erums:

You know nairaland is a faceless forum, its just for fun, ive not been connected to any, i just comments dats all.

I find it difficult to believe you didn't find any non-yoruba girl in Abeokuta. Except u just created this thread to seek attention

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Family by Erums(m): 8:19pm On Mar 07, 2017
Atk1nson:

I find it difficult to believe you didn't find any non-yoruba girl in Abeokuta. Except u just created this thread to seek attention

What
Pls if you cant aid a good discussion, den i dnt need your opinion. Didnt u read befote commenting. Im not talking abt a non yoruba. Attention giver!!!
Re: Marriage And Family by Shossie(f): 8:19pm On Mar 07, 2017
Erums:
I use to think that my family would never bother me to get married because we all feel its disturbing and its a desperate move. Im an edo guy, working class, in the southwestern part of the country in the midst of a lot of yoruba ladies, which in those days are tot to be very easy to marry. Yes dey are but to only their fellow tribe mate. Its been hard getting to interact because thier attitude is not homely at all, they discriminate against ibo somuch. Infact if im getting sometine i the market or wherever and im bieng spotted that i cant speak thier language they end up calling me omo ibo and there after they would engage in cheating me.
Other strategys are theyre are cheats, ibiles are a dense mass of thier population they act hungry all the time. I cant gake dat home,
My dad called last night asking me howfaa. I told him i havent seen a nice yoruba girl dat i need space.

Well i just wanted to air this out, cos it has been in my thinking why the yoruba girls are so odd, others characters includes bieng fetish, most of them are baby mamas, no virgin bt i dnt care, racist to the call.. Maybe its just abeokuta but i doubt.
One love
I am a yoruba girl but Edo guys tho, I hope you are not from Isan. There are good yoruba girls hun
Re: Marriage And Family by Erums(m): 8:25pm On Mar 07, 2017
Shossie:
I am a yoruba girl but Edo guys tho, I hope you are not from Isan. There are good yoruba girls hun

Hmmm, i agree they re just scarce... U know im telling the fact here. So what abt ishan... Whats ur take on them cos im one
Re: Marriage And Family by Shossie(f): 8:29pm On Mar 07, 2017
Erums:

Hmmm, i agree they re just scarce... U know im telling the fact here. So what abt ishan... Whats ur take on them cos im one
Haa, people who come from Auchi and Benin city say things about you guys being fetish, and I just don't know why, none of my Ishan acquaintances have proved me otherwise. Hunhun
Re: Marriage And Family by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 07, 2017
What's your aim exactly?

You sound like a terrible person full of hate, bigotry and prejudice.

Every Saturday, hundreds of Igbo men are marrying Yoruba ladies and vice versa. and you're Edo o.
Re: Marriage And Family by Erums(m): 8:39pm On Mar 07, 2017
Shossie:
Haa, people who come from Auchi and Benin city say things about you guys being fetish, and I just don't know why, none of my Ishan acquaintances have proved me otherwise. Hunhun

Ok dats a modern day lie, but yea in da old days ishan was known for witchcraft and fetishness too, mind u benin is worse because they own the oba and dats where the culture originates and reside in sp eben till date some binis are still fetish, but civilizations is influencing the odd cultures gradually, so some fetish pple carry out thier doings in secret or odd hours bt in abeokuta its visible and seen everyday... They just finished lisabi festival where sacrifice are carried out and u go they meeting beutiful maidens wit fire pot on thier head and statues dey claim are thier Gods... Hope u will confirm this too for me
Re: Marriage And Family by Erums(m): 8:42pm On Mar 07, 2017
Joavid:
What's your aim exactly?

You sound like a terrible person full of hate, bigotry and prejudice.

Every Saturday, hundreds of Igbo men are marrying Yoruba ladies and vice versa. and you're Edo o.

Wtf are u talking about.... Can u stop insulting me. Why dnt u just prove me wrong and quit talking abt how the ibos are marrying fake.... Bring out your facts... And dnt get me wrong ok, when its time to marry from my own consent i can marry any tribe. But im talking at the discriminatory attitude of the yorubas towards an outsider... Like in my workplace too...
Re: Marriage And Family by Shossie(f): 8:49pm On Mar 07, 2017
Erums:

Ok dats a modern day lie, but yea in da old days ishan was known for witchcraft and fetishness too, mind u benin is worse because they own the oba and dats where the culture originates and reside in sp eben till date some binis are still fetish, but civilizations is influencing the odd cultures gradually, so some fetish pple carry out thier doings in secret or odd hours bt in abeokuta its visible and seen everyday... They just finished lisabi festival where sacrifice are carried out and u go they meeting beutiful maidens wit fire pot on thier head and statues dey claim are thier Gods... Hope u will confirm this too for me
I am not from Abeokuta neither have I stayed there, so I don't know, but in Ibadan here, things are different here. That doesn't mean there are no fetish people here too
Re: Marriage And Family by Erums(m): 8:54pm On Mar 07, 2017
Shossie:
I am not from Abeokuta neither have I stayed there, so I don't know, but in Ibadan here, things are different here. That doesn't mean there are no fetish people here too

I kinda agree wit u.... Ibadan is moving fastef that abeokuta... So to say... I come to ibadan once a month for meetings, i interact and deyre never cold like the pple in ogun, abeokuta....so what part of ibadan re u based... Hope u dnt minds airing
Re: Marriage And Family by OLAFIMIX(f): 9:20pm On Mar 07, 2017
yeye dey smell..... ishan man dey call another tribe fetish. ishan are worst, full of poo. few ishan I have met are just terrible, which I know not all with be like that

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Family by MARKone(m): 9:37pm On Mar 07, 2017
Funny Man, you are not even ready for marriage, are there no Edo ladies in the part of the country you are, if there are non, tell your folks to get that "Mary" for you from your village, and desist from bad mouthing your hosts.
Re: Marriage And Family by Erums(m): 9:59pm On Mar 07, 2017
OLAFIMIX:
yeye dey smell..... ishan man dey call another tribe fetish. ishan are worst, full of poo. few ishan I have met are just terrible, which I know not all with be like that

My brother i never said u shudnt air ur nptions abt the ishans.... Unfortunately im not in an ishan land but a yoruba land.... So get ur sleeves and talk with proven fact if not ure not for this discussion
Re: Marriage And Family by 2SWT(f): 9:59pm On Mar 07, 2017
Erums:

what makes you think am male?
Re: Marriage And Family by Erums(m): 10:02pm On Mar 07, 2017
MARKone:
Funny Man, you are not even ready for marriage, are there no Edo ladies in the part of the country you are, if there are non, tell your folks to get that "Mary" for you from your village, and desist from bad mouthing your hosts.

Markone sincerely, the intention is not to bad mouth my host community, im Just bieng factual abt what goes on around me or communal way of life observed... Let de facts be established wether for isan, binis, ibos, fulanis and yorubas....
Re: Marriage And Family by Erums(m): 10:05pm On Mar 07, 2017
2SWT:

Just saying, how u relate... Its reafd like a male relating.. Sorri
Re: Marriage And Family by Erums(m): 10:05pm On Mar 07, 2017
2SWT:

Just saying, how u relate... Its read like a male relating.. Sorri
Re: Marriage And Family by Erums(m): 10:07pm On Mar 07, 2017
2SWT:

Just saying, by the way u relate.... Read as a male... Sorri
Re: Marriage And Family by Shossie(f): 10:09pm On Mar 07, 2017
Erums:

I kinda agree wit u.... Ibadan is moving fastef that abeokuta... So to say... I come to ibadan once a month for meetings, i interact and deyre never cold like the pple in ogun, abeokuta....so what part of ibadan re u based... Hope u dnt minds airing
Nihort, after Jericho. Nah, I don't mind.
Re: Marriage And Family by Atk1nson(m): 10:10pm On Mar 07, 2017
Erums:

What
Pls if you cant aid a good discussion, den i dnt need your opinion. Didnt u read befote commenting. Im not talking abt a non yoruba. Attention giver!!!

Sorry I didn't aid your discussion. Tell ur concerned-dad to help you find one loyal, non-fetish n homely girl from ur home town. I believe they shouldn't be hard to find in ur hometown.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Family by Erums(m): 10:13pm On Mar 07, 2017
Shossie:
Nihort, after Jericho. Nah, I don't mind.

Lost, thou ve heard of jericho... Im used to ring road and eleyele, and its environs... Tnks ok....

Can we get unveiled just for ourselves... Ur reasonable. I like it. . .
Re: Marriage And Family by Erums(m): 10:14pm On Mar 07, 2017
Atk1nson:

Sorry I didn't aid your discussion. Tell ur concerned-dad to help you find one loyal, non-fetish n homely girl from ur home town. I believe they shouldn't be hard to find in ur hometown.

Like seriously, ure frm the camp that never learns. Can u pls grow up... I read ur statements verywell trust me i understand 2 detail... Dnt get hurt... Truth is bitter
Re: Marriage And Family by Shossie(f): 10:20pm On Mar 07, 2017
Erums:

Lost, thou ve heard of jericho... Im used to ring road and eleyele, and its environs... Tnks ok....

Can we get unveiled just for ourselves... Ur reasonable. I like it. . .
"Zero Eight Zero For three For won nine five nine six", you should decode those words in quote.
Re: Marriage And Family by Atk1nson(m): 10:27pm On Mar 07, 2017
Erums:

Like seriously, ure frm the camp that never learns. Can u pls grow up... I read ur statements verywell trust me i understand 2 detail... Dnt get hurt... Truth is bitter

On the contrary ur comments show u r very narrow minded. Don't know what ur intention is, but you clearly have an issue. I don't expect any reasonable person to say Edo girls are prostitutes, but u wrote that thrash up there generalizing a whole people. My parents are from two different tribes and they cope well, if u know u can't cope with someone outside ur tribe pls go n marry from ur village, don't label a whole class of people as "cheats, not homely".

BTW, I have a good reason to be bitter. It's not about it been true, it's DAT I didn't expect someone to create a thread this shallow in the family section. I thought such minds were confined to the romance section. Go and recreate this thread in d romance section, you will find the solution you seek.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Wife Her / Am I Weird.... / I Want To Cut Ties With My Best Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.