Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,036 members, 7,828,633 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Pray With Thanksgiving - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pray With Thanksgiving (270 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu's Thanksgiving Service In Abuja: Maurice Iwu, Ngige, Attend / George Weah Set For Thanksgiving At Synagogue Church Of All Nations / Pastor Oritsejafor Dances Joyously As CAN Honours Him With Thanksgiving Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pray With Thanksgiving by newnature: 12:00pm On Mar 07, 2017
Now our life style choices can have a bearing on our health. Is the purpose of our prayers to call God’s attention to our problem? Do you need the pastor to pray? Do you need people all praying the same thing at the same time? Do you need a 24 hour persistence line so God gets so tired of all the begging that he’s just going to give in and give you your desire to get you off his back? NO! Do we really think he’s off doing something else with someone else concerned about some other things till we pray to let him know we’ve got a problem. And then he turns around and “Oh, indeed that believer does have a problem.” There’s a difference in the Age of Grace. What is that difference? It’s strength made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9 It’s not strength made perfect in the elimination of the suffering situation. Now if you’re weak, you’re suffering, you’re going through a trial, a tribulation in your life and you’re praying for God to take it away. But God is telling you that his will is that his strength may be perfect in your weakness, what are you praying?...I don’t want your will to be done in my life. I don’t what your strength to be made perfected in my weakness. I want you to take my weakness away. I want your strength to be perfected in my strength? Philippians 4:6 When you pray in the Age of Grace, we are to pray, we’re to pray with thanksgiving, but are we to pray with thanksgiving that he promised he would do it? Are we to pray with thanksgiving that we’re going to get what we’re praying for? Not at all. Romans 8:26-27 

There are people in fundamental religiondom that teach their believers needn’t go through the pain and suffering the remainder of creation must go through. If a person has sufficient faith, these people believe that God will remove those untoward circumstances in response to the prayer of faith. But, as these people insist, in order to have God take them away, one must first have the faith that he can and will take them away. We can see the expression “name it and claim it” and the expression “the power of a positive confession” comes from. These are the people that talk about casting out evil spirits and binding Satan. Of course, insufficient faith means no healing, thus the answer to prayer for those of insufficient faith would be NO, end of story. Show your faith - God will show you his miracle. Faith that God can and will heal is an absolutely essential component if that healing, that resolution is to take place in their life. And of course, these people often seek out “faith healers” in that God obviously works through these people of such great faith. You’ll also hear about the benefit of being able to pray in a special prayer language that they don’t even understand from these people, which is another beneficial avenue to having their problems resolved. This is how they believe God is working today. This group and it’s a large group and it’s expanding is actually the fastest growing movement on Planet Earth. You may have thought Islam was. No, this one is surpassing Islam. This is the one that will be in operation, the apostle Paul tells us in 1 Timothy Chapter 3 in the last days of this Age of Grace.

(1) (Reply)

Politics And The Bible... / "Despise Not Thy Youth" / How To Get And Keep True Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.