Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,683 members, 7,955,534 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:32 AM

The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty (5006 Views)

RESTLESS - An Action/Romance Thriller / 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide / A Hunt - A Military Thriller by Abraham Adekunle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 29, 2017
BATTLE WITH THE SERPENT

*GBOAAAA*

The canoe made a shattering sound and started spinning roughly. The place that was hit by the unknown beast was damaged to an extent water started rushing into the canoe.

Idris quickly got to his bag and took a dry stick. He brought out two stones and quickly, he
lit a torch.

Everywhere was very dark
but at least, he could now see with his little torch. He looked right into the water and what he saw made him screamed.

His boat was in the middle of
a great circle. A big circle that kept
rounding the boat in a clock wise
rotation. At first, he thought it was a wave but when he observed closely, he saw that the circle was moving slowly and later it began moving quickly.

The boat started spinning round and round as a result of the great circle spinning around it. He quickly took his bow and
an arrow. Held the torch his
mouth, he aimed and fired at the circle, it was then he knew what he was dealing with.

The unknown beast brought out its head and hissed in pain.
He took his torch and looked closely and saw that it was a mighty serpent. So big
was the serpent that it could double the size of an iroko tree.

The serpent quickly dived into the water swimming into the
deep. Idris looked and saw that the arrow pierced the middle region of the serpent and he knew for sure that he just made the serpent angry. He started
reducing the water in the canoe and not long afterwards, the serpent started swimming very fast towards the right hand side of the boat. He felt the water
rushing towards the canoe from the right and he took his torch to see the serpent swimming very fast with one aim, to destroy the canoe.

“foolish creature” idris laughed as he took his bow and arrow in place.

He aimed at the head of the serpent and didn’t shoot. When the serpent was few meters away, he let go of the arrow and
it pierced deep into the head of the serpent due to the serpent’s speed.

The poor beast wriggled in pain as its blood gushed into the sea. The serpent quickly dived into the water and idris kept reducing the water in the canoe.

Just right then, the serpent came again and started swimming very fast from the left side of the boat

“some creatures never learn” idris said. This time, he took two arrows instead of one and aimed at the serpent head.

When the serpent was few meters
away, he shot it and as usuall, the
arrows pierced deep into the serpent’s head.

The serpent struggled in pain, the
blue sea started turning into the red sea. The serpent haven’t seen a creature who could be so strong in defeating it.

It struggled to breathe as the pain from its head and middle region was killing it.

Slowly it fell half dead into the sea. Idris kept reducing the water in the canoe as he smiled, even the great serpent would survive the pain of four arrows, his
arrows were long and sharp.

Just then, the serpent woke up beneath the sea, with anger and fury, it swam with a great speed from under the canoe creating a wave. Since it couldn’t attack
from left or right, it will attack from under. Idris was reducing the water when the serpent attack from under the canoe destroying the canoe into pieces.

He quickly dived into the water and his torch went off. The serpent saw that the great creature is not so fast under
water and it quickly surrounded him, rounding him up from head to toe, tightening its gripped, feeling the heart beat of the strange creature, the serpent was determined to have its last
meal. Since the water was dark, idris didn’t know when the serpent rounded him.

His bones were broken as a result
of the tight grip of the serpent and because he was under water, he couldn’t breathe well, water started rushing into his nose and mouth.

He tried to stay awake but the angry serpent kept tightening its grip around Idris.
Tbc
Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by davidica(m): 10:23am On Apr 29, 2017
Nice update, i dey feel you
Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by Alennsar(f): 5:21pm On Apr 29, 2017
ah! eleyi gidigan oo
Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 29, 2017
Continuation of the battle

The serpent kept tightening its grip around Idris. Idris felt his bones being broken.

He didn’t see the serpent when
it attacked the canoe from beneath.

As a result of the pandemonium, he did not see the place his bow or arrows fell to.

As he dived into the water, he quickly removed his two edges sharp dagger from his boot. Since he is not armed with his arrows, he knew the serpent will attack and so he was prepared.

He knew the serpent was very wise not to attack him at day time. by now, it would
have been long dead.

He also didn’t see the serpent coming since the water was very dark. He just felt a tight grip around his body and there was nothing he could do.

The serpent kept tightening its gripped unknown that it has gotten close to the
dagger. As the serpent tighten its grip once more, the dagger in Idris hand pierced its hard skin. The serpent has never felt such pain and started to release the grip it had around idris.

When idris saw that he was loosed a bit, he swung his hand and stabbed the serpent continuously cutting huge
pieces of meat from its skin. The
serpent couldn’t bare the pain and it flee.

Idris managed to swim to the top
of the river.

“ahhhhhhhhhh” he gasped as he
inhaled a large amount of air. He was breathing very fast and he would have drowned beneath the water.

The heavily wounded serpent looked at the strange creature above the sea.

It knew that it would not survive the wounds that has been afflicted on its body. Since it is going to die, this strange and powerful creature must die
with him.

The serpent couldn’t swim again. It managed it last strength and swam towards idris. He looked at Idris with its green eyes. The eyes immediately stopped as he saw the dagger in Idris’s
left hand.

Since that is the strange creature’s weapon, he shall attack the
strange creature from that angle and tries to disarmed it.

Idris was swimming with his weak body looking for a log of wood that could carry his weight. He was swimming slowly and he noticed that something was kinda watching him but he kept moving on.

He was feeling great
pains from all angle of his body.
The serpent swam very close to idris now and brought out its super long, sharp fangs (teeth). With a great speed, it dived through the waters and bit idris
hand.

“ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!” Idris shouted as he felt four long sharp fangs tearing of his flesh, driving deep into his hand almost detaching his arm from his body.

He quickly let go of the dagger and caught it with the other hand.

The serpent was trying hard to remove the arm. Idris was lucky because on a normal day, the serpent would have succeeded but now, it was feeling very
weak.

He raised the dagger and stabbed the serpent’s head with a great fury.

The dagger went deep into the serpent’s head in such a way it pierced idris hand
a little. He brought out the dagger and stabbed the serpent again and again and again.

He kept stabbing it deep until
the head of the serpent was cut off from its body. The water slowly carried away the long snake to an unknown
destination.

Idris removed the head of
the serpent from his hand and he
shouted in pain. The pain was too much for him. From his hand to his bones, he passed out right in the middle of the
ocean.
TBC
Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 29, 2017
davidica:
thanks cheesy
davidica:
thanks
Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 29, 2017

“wake up idris”

“wake up”

“you still have much to do, you still have many mission to accomplish”

Idris opened up his eyes weakly. the water has washed him to an unknown island. he looked at his hand and saw a big wound. the wound was afflicted
upon his hand by the great serpent.

unknown to him, he has been
uncouncious for the past five days. the wound on his hand was getting rotten. his body was as white as a snow.

“help”he shouted!

“somebody please help me”he cried As nobody was coming to his aid,

he managed and stood up. he observed the surrounding closely and noticed he was on an island. everything started making sense to him now that he remembered that he remembered that
he passed out as soon as he killed the snake.

now he could believe that he was as strong as the people described him to be. not wasting time, he started plucking some medicinal herbs.

he mixed the herb with some water and dressed his wounds.
He was very vulnerable now that his bow and arrows were missing. he doesn’t even have the strength to make another one. After using the herbs on his wounds, he sat down observing the
great blue sea.

“Hmmm, i think i should go and observe this island. i have a special feeling that
there is much to this island that meets the eye” he thought to himself.

“But wait a minute, what if i am
attacked by a wild beast inside the island. i don’t have my bow and arrows with me. my hand is wounded greatly
and almost all my bones are broken.
I think it is better for me to stay here” he
thought to himself.

just then, a shining object caught his attention.

“Argghh” He groaned in pains as he stood up. the pain emitting from his broken bones and heavily wounded hand was too much for him to bear.

He managed and stood up to his feet. he walked painfully towards the shining object and was marvelled to see that it
was his little dagger. the little dagger he used in killing the great serpent.
he smiled to himself.

“Arrghh” he groaned once more as he bent down and picked his little dagger.

he turned round and headed straight into the island. walking slowly and
feeling pains at all corner of his body, and yet he was still courageous, brave
and strong.
TBC
Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 29, 2017
10 days later
AZIZ VILLAGE
Adin and wade were both sitting down under the cool shade of a mango tree.

They were busy drinking palm wine and was laughing widely.

“you are right brother, no one is
capable of collecting the entire land from you.” Adin said

“I even thought he was man enough to
face me, I never knew he was a
weakling.” wade said and they both laughed..

“hmm, brother. What of that stubborn nephew of ours.” Adin said filling his cup with more palm wine.

“you mean Idris?” wade asked

“yes bro” Adin replied

“hahaha” wade laughed before saying.

“I thought you wanted to say
something meaningful. That stubborn nephew of yours is dead since”

“why, ohhh, such a young and vibrant man. That is what happens to those who think they are wiser then their elders. I could remember vividly well
that we warned Idris. We warned the poor boy but he was blinded by hate, anger, and revenge to have listened to
advice.” Adin said drinking his palm wine.

“Abeg bro, let’s talk about something meaningful. The useless boy deserves
what is coming to him. Since he wants to show that he is as Strong as Hercules, then he deserves anything he sees even
if it is death himself” wade said feeling no remorse.

“cool down bro. The boy is just a young boy and anything he does is out of youthful exuberance.” Adin said.

“youthful exuberance indeed. It is that same youthful exuberance that will lead him to his grave” wade said.

“hmm, well I just pray that the good spirits watch over him” Adin
Said drinking all his palm wine.

________
The chief priest was in his shrine trying his best to see if he could locate Idris.

He kept on saying incantations and other magical words but yet, everything was blank.

“hmmm, this is really strange. For the past five days I couldn’t locate Idris. I don’t know if he is alright or not. Please good spirits guide and protect the
young warlock” the chief priest prayed and continued his incantations.

______
THE ISLAND

Idris was recovering fast from his
wounds. His bones were no longer
paining him as before all thanks to the different medicinal herbs he has been taking.

He has also made a long and strong bow with many sharp arrows. The bow
was longer and stronger than the
previous one due to the good trees in the island. He took his bow and arrows
one day and moved deep to the heart of the island. He was surprised as the place
was like someone was living there.

He started looking for clues and other things.
Just then, he saw a magnificent tree and decided to taste the fruit.

“hmmm, so delicious” Idris said as he climbed the tree and was eating the delicious fruit.

The fruit was so delicious that he didn’t know when something really big came close to him and grabbed him.

He turned quickly and saw that he was in the hand of a mighty giant.

The giant was very big. It was then he knew that this giant is Lue and this island is possessed by him.

The giant grip on him was so tight that his bones started to squeak again.
He tried to stay awake but couldn’t as he slowly passed out and everywhere was filled with darkness.

The giant took him to his castle and kept him in a cage.

“meat.. Sweet meat”

“Lue eats human”

“Lue eats meat.. Delicious.”

The giant roared
TBC
Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 29, 2017

“filty human”

“you survived the great serpent.. Lue thinks you are brave but now, lue eats you” the giant roared.

Indeed, Lue was a very mighty giant. He was very tall, very tall like an iroko tree.

He smelt bad and has only one eye in the middle of his head.
His castle was very large and idris was an ant compared to the mighty furnitures like chairs, tables and swords
that were inside the castle.

Idris slowly woke up and saw himself in a little cage like if he was a bird inside his master’s house.

He remembered everything that happened and was very
angry at his foolishness. Why was he carried away by a mere fruit.

Though it was really delicious.
He observed the castle and saw many huge swords. So huge that he couldn’t carry them, why even carry, the swords were bigger than him twenty times.

“the giant must be a blacksmith, maybe he was the one that formed the immortal knife” idris thought.

He looked at all the swords and
observed that one was kept upside down, that is, the sharp end was facing the roof of the ceiling why others were
kept normally, the sharp end was facing the floor.

He counted all the swords and
observed it was twenty five in number including the strange one.

“i guess, the giant is not around. I must act fast” he said and searched for his beloved bow and arrows but he didn’t
see them.

“D--n, how am i going to survive with my bow and arrows” he thought to himself looking around the large room to see if he could by any chance locate
his bow.

“hahaha… Strong human” lue roared from behind sending shivers down Idris’s spine.

“who are you?” idris asked bravely even though he knew who he was dealing with.

"Me Lue the giant and me create the immortal knife” lue roared.

”now, me go out and look for things me use and cook you… Hmm delicious human” Lue said and walked out of the
castle closing the door shut.

“hmmm, if i don’t get out of here in time, then thats the end” idris thought.

“yes.. Oh yes” he said as he
remembered his little dagger, the one he once used used to kill the great serpent.

He usually keeps the dagger in his
booth. Not wasting any time, he
removed the dagger and looked closely at the cage. It was made up of strong bamboo woods but there was a weak spot.

A place that was cracked a bit.
He used the dagger and cut open the place. Then he kept the dagger inside his boot back and used his mighty arms
to draw open the wood he cut through.

At first, the wood was very strong and wouldn’t break but when he put his whole strength into it, it broke.

“good” he said flexing his arm. The castle was wide. Idris searched everywhere and saw his bow and arrows ontop a very high table, so high
like a mountain when compared to him.

Without wasting time, he started
climbing the table.

“hahaha.. Sweet meat for lue” roared the giant, he was back and idris still have a long way to climb.
TBC
Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 29, 2017
BATTLE WITH LUE THE GIANT

Lue the giant opened the door of the huge castle, as he was about to enter, his instinct told him something was wrong.

He walked to a little (or should i say huge when compared to idris) fire place and kept the ingredient he will use in cooking his supper.

“hmmm” he stopped close to idris but he couldn’t see him.

“ahaa, yess. Lue forgot carrots”
he said and walked to the fire place where he kept the ingredient, took a big pot, poured water inside it and started to boil it.

“lue loves carrots”

“hmmm, its delicious”

“it makes lue to grow tall and gives Lue strength above all”
He said and walked out of the castle closing the door shut.

“pheew” idris breathed down and
started climbing up.
He got to the top of the table and found his bow there but his arrows were missing.

“d--n, what kind of trouble is this” he said picking up his bow and found out that the string was cut.

He sat down and tied the string again. The string was short but he used his strength and when he tied it back, it was very strong more than the way it was before.

He stood up looked around and couldn’t find his arrows. The looked for the fastest way to get down from the table.

The table was as tall as a two or three storey building and jumping from the top would be cowardice.

He could break his leg and since he was very weak because he hasn’t eaten anything, he might pass out.

Walking from one end of the table to another, still looking for a way to get through this, the castle door opened and lue came back.

Idris quickly turn around and found something very small like a ball on the floor. Looking very white, the ball might be made of cotton or it might be a
stone from the island.

Most stones from the island were very white as they were washed up to land by the waters.

Not taking any chances, he jumped down and landed on the white material and luckily for him, it was a ball of cotton and the giant didn’t see him. He
quickly rolled over and hid himself
behind the legs of the table.

“could that be” idris said quietly as he bent down and picked two of his arrows.

“hmmm, the giant was not as careful as i thought” idris said and chuckled.

The giant started preparing his food as idris was looking for a possible way to kill or weaken it..
“two giant carrots” he picked the carrot and threw it inside

“two onions”

“one pepper”

“a handful of tomatoes”

“salt from the sea to taste”

“and finally, one human meat”
he said and walked to the cage to meet the shock of his life.

“what, where is my meat!!!!”
the giant roared and the ground shook.

He picked something very huge and threw it to the other side of the house and it made a loud crashing sound.
He punched the wall of the castle and it shook.

“hmmmmm, human wise”

“human brave and strong but lue finds and eat you”

*sniffs* *sniffs*

“human not wise after all, lue smells you”
Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 29, 2017
*sniffs* *sniffs*

“human not wise after all, lue smells you”

“hahaha, foolish human still inside lue castle”

the giant started using his smell instinct and was coming close towards the table idris hid himself.

D--n, Idris knew he couldnt jump out and fight, that will mean his death.

He looked up and saw a jar filled with green liquid. Tactically, he shot the jar that was high above and it fell down
making a loud noise as the content spilled on the floor.

The giant quickly turned to the direction of the noise while idris did a side roll and rolled out of the table, before the
giant could turn, idris did another
forward roll and went to the back of the giant.

He moved some meters away from it and drew his bow aiming at the giants head but his arrow wouldn’t do much damage to the giant’s head so he decided to wait for the giant to turn
round.

The giant lifted the chair not knowing idris was at its back. Not seeing idris there, he turned back and saw idris standing far away from him with something in his hand.

“now you die” Lue said as he blinked his only large eye located at his fore head.

Idris smiled and let go of the arrow. The angry arrow flew straight and pierced
the giant’s only eye. Great pain filled his body and it ran towards idris with one
aim, to crush him but that was his
greatest mistake.

The slippery liquid on the floor from the jar that broke earlier made the giant to lose its stamina and he slid with a great
speed towards idris who dived to
safety. The giant couldn’t stop himself and he landed heavily on the sword that was upside down and it pierced his heart making the sword to shift a little.

“argggh” Lue groaned and drew his last breath and died instantly.
Idris stood up, smiled and dusted
himself.

“time to look for the immortal knife” he said and was about to start searching when the wall behind the sword that
was upside down began to move.

“hmm, now i get it.. This sword must be a key to a secret passage. Hmm no wonder it was upside down” idris said and yes he was right. The sword is a
key to a secret passage!
TBC
Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 29, 2017
By this time, the passage have opened fully. The place was very dark and he couldn’t see the inside properly.

“hmmm, what do i need” idris thought as he looked around him.

“oh yes” he said as he walked close to the giant, the dead giant was rapidly loosing blood and the whole castle was covered with blood.

The blood was rising first as it was
close to idris’s knee level.
Idris plucked his arrow from the giant’s eye. Walk to were the other arrow lay and picked it..

Luckily, the blood had not covered the arrow. He was about to enter inside the secret passage way when he stopped turn round and took a long rope.

“this might get handy” he said.
He entered inside the passage and
immediately, the door closed. He looked at the back of the door and found a torch.

“so strange, is this torch on always” he said picking up the stick that was still burning.

Ahead of him, meters away was another torch. It was so far away but he could see a metallic box close to the torch.

“time to go and see what is inside the metallic box” he said but stopped immediately.

There was a huge obstacle lying ahead of him. There obstacle was a mighty hole.

The hole divided the metallic box from where he stood. So huge and deep was the hole that he couldn’t see the bottom
of the hole.

The hole was created by Lue the giant as an obstacle to little creatures trying to steal his metallic box. However, the
huge hole was not an obstacle to him (Lue) because whenever he wants his metallic box, he will just stretch fort his hands and take it..

“hmmm, i wonder what kind of
creature will be able to jump this hole” idris said

“i wish i was a bird or have feathers.. D--n” he said trying to go back but there was another problem. Another big problem.The key to the secret passage is the
upside down sword and the sword is at the other side of the wall.

If he is going to get out of here alive, somebody would have to shift the sword for the
passage way to open and there was nobody in the island to help him.

“what, i can’t believe i am trap” Idris said as he tried to push the wall but it was impossible. He couldn’t push the giant’s table then how then can he push
a wall that is as strong as a mountain.

He sat down clueless hoping for the sword to shift itself but he knew that was very impossible.

“no, there must be something around here.” he said and stood up… He took
the torch and observed the wall.
The wall was very old but strong.

Above the wall was a hand writing. So big that idris knew it belongs to the giant.

“what does it say” idris said as he tried to read it.

“LUE BUILDS HOLE”

“LUE MIGHTIER THAN HOLE”

“TORCH IS KEY”

“thats it” idris said as he turned round.The second torch is the key.

“how am i going to push it now. Thats the major problem” idris said as the torch was far away from him.

“only one way” he said and picked one out of the two arrows.

“I never miss”
TBC
Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 29, 2017
Yes, even with the aid of a torch light in the dark, he could never miss his target.

He released the arrow and it flew
straightly through the air making a “whooping” sound.

The arrow hit the torch and fell. It broke into two.

“what again” idris said as nothing
happened. The torch was very far away from him and he did not know if the arrow shifted it or not.

All he could see was something burning ahead of him.

“hmmm, what else should i do” he said contemplating whether to shoot his last arrow or not.

*crumbling noise*
just then, he heard a crumbling noise as if an earthquake was about to happen.

“oh, this shouldn’t be what i am
thinking” he thought.
Slowly, light began to appear. It was then he knew that the whole wall was surrounded be torches.

The torch lit themselves and everywhere was bright.

“D--n, how could this be possible” idris thought "this place must be filled with magic”
he said.

When the whole place was bright, he looked down and saw the hole. He gasped as the hole was very deep. Very, very deep. Then he saw a little bridge over the mighty hole to the metallic box.

“was this bridge here the whole time”
he wondered.

Surely the bridge was there the whole time but he couldn’t see it as a result of the overwhelming darkness that enveloped the whole place. The bridge
is the hidden path to the metallic box.

He walked to the bridge, it was very small and wouldn’t accommodate two people walking pass it shoulder to
shoulder. The bridge looked like
something about to fall.

"PATIENCE IS THE KEY” was inscribed in a huge stone besides it..

Idris stepped on the bridge with his right leg, nothing happened. Then left, nothing happened. He started walking and when he reached the middle, he
stopped.

“did this bridge just shake” he said but continued walking. When he other close to the other side, a few meters away,
the bridge started shaking rigidly.
Particle of sand began to fall of it.

There were dust everywhere.
“At this point, i have to run. Thank God I am few meters away to the other side”
he said and as he was about lifting his leg to run, he stopped.

“PATIENCE IS THE KEY”

“wait. Isn’t that what was inscribed in that stone?” he said and pushed out all thought of fear away from his mind.

He started walking slowly and steadily and with each step, the bride shook rapidly but the surprising thing was
that, the bridge didn’t fall no matter the way it shook or the sound it made.

He got to the other side safely and the bridge stop shaking, all the torches on the wall went off and the mini bridge disappeared into the darkness.

He walked to the metallic box and
opened it..

“ahhhhh” he said and closed his eyes as a bright light, so bright like the sun was emitting from the box.

He waited for some minutes and when the light died down. He looked inside and behold, THE IMMORTAL KNIFE. A sharp two edged dagger.

The handle of it was made of pure gold and blade side was made of pure diamond.

There was some ancient language
inscribed on it, a large skull was marked on the handle, and the dagger seems to glow.

He smiled and picked the sword. took the sheath and kept inside before keeping it inside a small pocket in his shirt.

Two torches lit themselves automatically showing two exit and the whole castle
was busy shaking down.

He look at the first exit door and saw “PATH TO ISLAND” the second was “PATH TO VOLCANO”

By now, all the whole castle was falling down and he knew he need to get out of there so fast or be buried inside.

He jumped into the path leading to island. The path was slippery and he began to slid very fast to an unknown destination with one thought.
“I HOPE I MADE THE RIGHT DECISION” he thought.
TBC
Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 29, 2017
Idris was sliding down so fast he
couldn’t stop himself. The path sees to be long and deep. All of a sudden, he felt the place getting hotter by the minute.

“why is the place getting hot” he said as he tried to slow down but he couldn’t.

He was getting to the end of the tunnel and was still sliding fast. At the end of the tunnel stood a pillar not too strong.

The pillar was there to support the path that was choosen by idris.

“this is getting suspicious. The whole place seems hot and i can’t slow down. Jumping towards the end of the tunnel
will be cowardice because i don’t know what type of danger awaits me.. Its better i use the pillar to my advantage”
idris said.

As he got close to the pillar, he caught it with both hands holding the pillar so
tight, he was able to stop.

“haaaa” he breathed and looked down.

“ahhhhhhhhhh” he screamed.

He would have been a roasted piece of meat few seconds ago.
Yes, the giant Lue is not as dump as you may think. He knew that if anyone succeeds in taking his metallic box, he would be dead so he decided and made
a deadly trap that will kill the person involved.

The path leading to the volcano was the the right path while the one leading to the island that idris chossed was actually the one that led to the volcano.

“d--n, i didn’t see this coming. I would have known. I didn’t even think before deciding. I just jumped into the path
leading to the island not sensing any danger. I didn’t even think it was too good to be true” idris was regretting his actions.

Assuming he didn’t catch the pillar and slowed down his speed, he would have slyde into a molten red hot volcano.

“what am i going to do?” He said still holding the pillar.

They was no way he will go back
because the castle has fallen and the path is blocked.

“every problem has a solution. Common idris. Be wise. What have i got?” he asked himself.

“ok, i have my bow with me, my little dagger in my boot, the immortal knife, a
rope and an arrow” he said

“hmmmm” he said as a smile was
forming on his lips. He just had an idea. A sweet dangerous
idea.

“danger, thats my word” he said.
He took his rope and tied it at the
bottom of the arrow very strongly.

Then he took the arrow, aimed it at the other side of the volcano.

*WHOOP*

He let go of the arrow. The arrow flew with great speed and got stuck at something on the other side.

He drew the rope and confirmed it to be strong. Then he tied the other end at the pillar that saved his life.

Now, the rope made a straight line above the volcano.

“time to cross over. We live only once. If the rope get cut and i fall down inside this volcano, i shall embrace death with
a huge smile”

he said and laughed.

He hung his bow and started climbing.
TBC
Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 29, 2017
As brave as a lion, he climbed above the volcano and landed safely at the other side.

He looked round and saw that the
arrow he shot early did pierce into a tree located close to the volcano.

He smiled and walked away to his little shelter, the place he normally stays before he was abducted by Lue the giant.

Idris was so happy about his success. He fought with the great serpent and killed it, he also killed a mighty giant that could crush him in minutes. As if that
was not enough, he now possess the immortal knife.

“time to go home” he said with a smile.
3 days later.
Idris has created a small boat that could carry him safely to his village. He also made many arrows with the remaining woods.

“hmmm, i hope i didn’t forget anything. I have food, a little torch, my weapon, the immortal knife, enough fruits, water….”

“no, i did not put clean water among these stuff” he said and went in search for water.
5 DAYS LATER
AZIZ VILLAGE
“brother, i call you here to discuss about our nephew” adin said concerned.

“you and this nephew of yours. Every time idris idris idris, can’t somebody rest for once” wade said.

“no bro. It has been long since he left..

We haven’t seen him since and the chief priest isn’t helping matters” adin said

“thats because he is dead. Pure, plain and simple, he is dead. Only a fool we embark on a journey. Does he have the strength of Hercules to slay a giant?” wade said.

“he is just a boy and he doesn’t have the strength of a god. He is not Hercules neither is he Zeus thats why we are left with one opinion, he is dead” Adin said shaking his head as a sign of pity for idris.

”you know what, lets start arranging his funeral rites” wade said.

“good idea, which date” adin asked.

“let just say when the new moon appears.” wade said.

“now you are coming. I was waiting for you to bring up such a nice idea but you were delaying time” adin said

“hahaha” wade laughed.

“i will meet the village crier to announce to all the villagers that we will commence Idris’s funeral at the rise of the new moon” adin said.

“very good” wade replied.
THE DEEP BLUE SEA
Idris was sailing home. He looked at the sea.

“this part of the sea was once inhabited by the great serpent. Very good it is dead” he said as he passed by…

As soon as he crossed the part of the sea inhabited by the great serpent, he saw something from afar.

He quickly paddled his canoe and saw that it was a large boat. He moved close and was surprised.

The boat had people in it. People like him and they were all men.

“could this be pirates” he thought. He once heard stories of pirates who were on an adventure to steal the immortal knife but were not able to cross the sea to the island because of the ferocious great serpent.

He didn’t believe it because he thought they were no people out there.

He thought his village was the only village in this world. He thought it was a mere story but now, he was about to be proven wrong.

He change the direction of his canoe and was about to go back to the island because he knew the pirates won’t follow him but he was wrong.

They large ships quickly surrounded him.

“don’t move. You are the slayer of the great serpent. We saw the body of the beast washed up to our land and we decided to spy around here. We believe
you are with something very precious to us and because of that, you shall be held prisoner. Failure to comply will automatically lead to your death” the captain shouted.

All the men were with arrows, swords or canon. He (idris) knew this was going to be tough. He did the thing he knows how to do best, fight.

Bringing out two arrows silently, he shot at the boat.

*whoop*

*whoop*

“ahhhhh” two men groaned and died.

He was surrounded by four ships filled with men but if he was going to die, he will die with someone.

He brought out three arrows

*whoop*

*whoop*

*whoop*

three men died instantly, why haven’t they fired back he thought.

Unknown to him, they were busy loading their canon.

*GBOAA*

*GBOAA*

They fired him scattering the canoe into pieces. The impact of the canon was to much for Idris to bear and he passed out.

“bring in the prisoner” shouted the captain
TBC
Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 29, 2017

“ahhhhh” idris shouted as he woke up.

His whole body was aching him. He was held captive inside a dungeon.

He looked outside through the windows and saw people moving about.

The whole place smelt terrible and his hands and legs were both chained together.
THE KING’S PLACE
The king and the captain were both discussing.

“hmmm, i still doubt that the young man you captured was able to kill the great serpent and retrieved the immortal
knife from the guardian” said the king.

“yes but believe me, he is very strong. The strongest man or should i say boy i
have seen” the captain said

“so young, i am not sure if he is up to nineteen years of age” the king said.

“you are right but the strength he
possess his beyond imagination. Didn’t you see the men he killed in less than seven minutes” the captain asked.

“yes you are right. Five able bodied strong men died in the twinkle of an eye, he is very good with his bow” said
the king.

“what shall we do with him?” asked the captain.

“He shall remain our slave. We need his strength especially on our farms” replied the king.

“good idea” said the captain, he wanted to say more when the chief priest appeared inside the palace.

“you dare not do such unless the anger of the gods be upon you and your people. Young idris travelled from a far
away land and he succeeded in his
quest. He is now the rightful owner of the immortal knife and he is a free man.
If you want to keep him as a slave, then he shall be made to fight one of your best man in the arena. If he wins, he is
free but if he loses, he will be your slave. Only one man shall he fight. Failure to heed to the gods will bring death to you and your men”
the chief priest said and disappeared.

“what, who is he going to fight?” the captain asked.

“jack-jack”replied the king.

“though Jack-Jack is very powerful, he can’t fight the slayer of the serpent” the
captain said.

“cool down captain, i have a plan” the King said smiling wickedly.
FOR SIX DAYS, IDRIS WAS FLOGGED
SEVERELY BY SIX STRONG MEN AND WAS GIVING NOTHING TO EAT. WHEN HE WAS AT THE POINT OF DEATH, THE KING BROUGHT HIM OUT TO FIGHT JACK-JACK
BATTLE WITH JACK-JACK
Idris was brought out into the arena on the seventh day to fight jack-jack.

The arena was around and in the
middle of the arena was an old
abandoned ship. The people of the
village sat on high grounds because the arena was surrounded by lions, hungry
lions.

If you mistakenly fall from the ship, then it is over.

“Bring in young idris” shouted the king with a smile idris was brought in with the help of
young men.

“bring in Jack-Jack” shouted the king. Jack-jack came in. Lo and behold, he was a human-giant. So big with big arms and very strong. He was very taller than Idris.

“let the guards leave the ship” the king said and they left.

“FIGHT” shouted the king.

Jack-jack rushed towards idris with a blow, idris duck and dodged it. He came with a kick, idris dodged it again. He
was furious and dived at idris.

“oooohhhhh” shouted the crowd as the big man dived idris.

He started punching him while the
crowds were counting.

“ONE”

“TWO”

“THREE”

“FOUR”

“FIVE”

“SIX”

“AND SEVEN”

He threw idris towards the other side of the ship. Idris was covered and blinded by blood. His hand touched something like a spear.

He took it and throw towards jack-jack.
The spear flew with speed but jack-jack caught it..

He rushed towards idris and continued beating and man handling him with
heavy punches.

Idris was at the verge of death. Jack-Jack left him to go and pick a heavy wood.

He rushed towards idris with the wood but idris quickly did a forward roll and dodged him. Before jack-jack could turn,
idris jumped up and gave him a deadly knock out punch.

Jack-jack fell down bleeding across his nose while idris fell down bleeding from his head to toe.

“Jack-Jack” the crowd shouted for him to stand up but he couldn’t.
Idris stood up and was about to rush at Jack-Jack when his vision started getting blurred. His bones were weaken too.
Tbc
Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 29, 2017
And his vision was blurry. He tried to move but he couldn’t. He fell down and groaned in pains.

The hunger and canes he received were now affecting him.

“Jack-Jack”
“Jack-Jack”
“Jack-jack”
the crowd were shouting.

“grrrrrrrr” the lions were roaring
waiting impatiently for their food.

Jack-Jack stood up and saw that idris was stunned. He rushed at idris with the heavy wood and gave him a deadly blow across his head.

His head was cut open because of the blow and blood was busy rushing out.

He fell down and couldn’t move. He looked up to the sky and began to see the images of his mum, dad and his little
sister that was held captive by the
dragon.

He was so close to death and he could feel it.. His head was cut open and his brains could be seen from outside.

“if i am going to die, then i will die with somebody” he said weakly but Jack-Jack didn’t hear him.

“Kill Kill”

“KILL KILL”

“KILL KILL”

The crowd were busy shouting and praising Jack-jack.

Jack-jack was happy and he didn’t look at idris but at the cheering crowd.

“i told you my plan will work the king” said and laughed

“yea you did” said the captain.

“Jack-jack”
“Jack-Jack”
“Jack-Jack”

the crowd were busy praising him.
Idris used this opportunity and
removed the little dagger in his boot.

The little dagger that was always inside his boot.

“time to finish this” Jack-jack said and moved towards idris.

He grabbed idris by the collar and drew him to the edge of the boat.

The lions were busy jumping and jubilating.

He raised idris up and showed
everyone, as he was about to throw idris into the lions den, idris used his dagger and stabbed Jack-jack deep inside his stomach.

“argghhhh” jack-jack groaned in pains and let go of idris.

Immediately idris came down, he
gathered all his strength, jumped up and used his two legs to delivered a powerful drop kick across the face of jack-jack.

Jack-jack loosed his stamina and fell down into the lion’s den.
Without wasting time, the lion started to eat him. Tearing him into shreds.

“IDRIS”
“IDRIS”
“IDRIS”

The crowd were busy hailing a dieing IDRIS.

“i shall not be humiliated” the king said

“GUARDS, KILL HIM”

the king shouted and the guards rush towards him
TBC
Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 29, 2017
About a hundred man gathered him.

“kill him” shouted the king.

just then, the chief priest appeared. “oh no, what are you doing?” shouted the chief priest

“order your men to stop this nonsense now!” the chief priest said.

“no, i shall not be humiliated” the king shouted.

“kill him” the first guard pierced his stomach with a long spear, the other guard advanced
towards idris and used his sword to cut open his heart.

One by one, the strike idris till he drew his last breath.

“hahahaha” the chief priest laughed.

“you thought you have killed him. You just made him stronger! Now he shall possess the strength of the god Hercules himself” the chief priest laughed and disappeared.

immediately he disappear, a white cloud started descending on from the sky. It covered idris and prevented the guards
from reaching him.

“what, summon all the guards” shouted the king.

“PHOOOOOOOO”

the trumpet were blown and about ten thousand soldiers surrounded one young boy, idris.

The gods were angry at what the king did. How can a mere mortal disobey the other of the gods. He shall pay.

Idris felt his soul being restored unto him. His wounds were healing themselves rapidly. An unknown strength surge through him, he felt like he could lift three elephants at a go..

The white cloud ascended back to the sky and idris stood up without any wound on his body, not even a scar. His hands were bigger and stronger than usuall and his eyes were as sharp as a viper.

Apart from being so strong, he felt as if he was as fast as the wind. He looked around the people and saw that they were not moving. The ones that were
moving was moving so slowly.

“ahhhhhhhhhh” he shouted

“i must be sick”

“what is wrong with me” he said but got no reply.

“throw your spears” shouted the king and the soldiers threw their long and sharp spears.

He looked up and saw that the spears were coming so slow towards him as if a snail is trying to move.

He just walked to the other side of the arena.

“Whoop”
“whoop”

the whole spears landed but not a
single one touched idris

” did, did, did, he just disappear?” said a man

“no he flew!” said a woman

“no he ran.” said another man

“noooo, it is impossible!!” shouted the crowd.

The king couldn’t believe his eyes. “Wait a minute, i thought he was standing over there” he thought.

“again” he shouted and the warriors threw another wave of spears at him.

“i love this” Idris said as the spears
were coming towards him inch by inch.

He just walked not even run towards were the crowds were sitting down and sat down there.

“whoop” was the noise made by the spears.

It was then the whole people saw it, with their clear eyes and before them, Idris ran like the wind.

“he is a god” shouted a man

“god”
“god”
“god” the crowds were hailing idris.

“Attack!!!” shouted the furious king.

The ten thousand men attacked all at once.

“no need for weapons” idris said as he crushed the bones and body of the first soldier.

To him, killing them was like hunting and killing a poisoned rat. They were to weak for him.
The worst thing was that there were to slow, very slow for him.

He crushed them with his bare hands while the crowd kept shouting Hercules.
Hercules was the only warrior and god capable of doing such but now a mere mortal is doing it..

Within minutes, he killed the ten
thousand armies and not even a sweat came out of his body.

It was then he knew and witnessed the raw power of Hercules the god…

“noooo” the king shouted as the arena was covered with blood, everywhere was blood. He just wasted ten thousand men and the village was without a
guard to protect it..

“you are a fool. A stupid fool. You are nothing but…..” the frustrated king was busy insulting idris.

Idris looked down and saw a spear, he took it and threw it towards the king.

“whoop”

the arrow flew with the same speed as that of light. No one saw it coming, not even the king. Even idris was did not
expect it to go that way.

The head of the king fell down and was rolling towards idris.

“yeeaaaa” shouted the crowd

“this people must be mad, i just killed their king and they are happy, well he is a bad king. Wait a minute, where is the
captain?” idris said and used his super speed to run after him.

The captain was trying to escape in one of his large ships when he felt the ship going up as if it was about to fly.

He looked down and saw idris raising the ship. Impossible, a ship so big it could house seventy thousand people.

“may the gods forgive me.. Idris is
blessed with the strength of Hercules”

he said as idris lifted the boat and took it back to the village. To him, it was like lifting a log of wood.

All these while, the chief priest was smiling and laughing at the foolishness of the king and his men. He was invincible.

“THE CHOOSEN ONE” he said and smiled
TBC
Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 29, 2017
[b]Finale of Book 1

“please young idris, please spare my life” the captain went on his knees and begged.

Idris looked at the captain and smiled, there is no need for him to kill him. He is not his match.

“ok, all you need do is to give me back my immortal knife, bow, arrows and a ship that will take me back to my land”
idris commanded.

“yes my lord, follow me” the captain said standing up and leading the way.

“where do you think you are going” the chief priest appeared.

“haa, don’t tell me you have been
standing there the whole time” idris said with a smile.

“i must confess, i really enjoyed the manslaughter that you did” the chief priest said.

“but why, i thought you guys would be angry at me killing your king?” idris asked.

“why should we be angry. The man you killed is not our king.” the chief priest answered.

“meaning?”

“Some years back, our king odin was murdered. His son prince farouk was suppose to be the king but was banished into the spirit world” the chief
priest said.

“By who?” idris asked.

“A wicked and powerful sorcerer who is now dead. I tried my possible best to bring him back but the old witch in the
spirit world is more powerful than I. Since then, his wicked uncle has been ruling our land in his harsh ways” the chief priest said.

“Hmmmm, i see” idris said

“As you continue your quest, you shall meet him and set him free”

“but how would i recognise him” idris asked.

“don’t worry the choosen one, time will tell” the chief priest said.

“now, who would be ruling this village before the arrival of prince farouk?”

“Azulu, the oldest man amongst us” the chief priest answered and
idris turned to go..

“And where are you going?” the priest asked

“Not again” idris said

“The god Hercules gave you his
strength. No man has ever yield such strength before. However, you must return his strength back to him or are you planning on keeping it?” the chief
priest asked.

“Now i know good things never last.” idris said and the old chief priest laughed.

He spoke some incantation and the white cloud descended from above removing the strength of Hercules from young idris’s body.

He looked at his body. He was feeling okay. Just like the way he was before but not as strong as the way he was some hours ago.
Idris was given back his weapon with a large beautiful ship as he set his sail to his land, his home. The people bid him
goodbye. They saw something
marvelous that day and so, the people told their children and their children did same to their children.

That was how the story of young idris was told from
generation to generation.
Aziz village.
The people gathered and where doing his funeral when they saw him coming from afar.

They waited and when the boat came to shore,

“Ghost!!!!!!” the people of aziz village scream and ran.

The whole village was under
pandemonium, no one ever believed that idris could conquer the giant and bring back the immortal knife.

As he stepped into the land. His old friend the village chief priest appeared in front of him.

“YOU ARE READY”

WATCH OUT FOR BOOK 2, HOW IDRIS WILL VENTURE INTO THE SECOND WORLD, FIGHT THE DRAGONS AND SAVE HIS SISTERS.

THE GIANT COULDN'T STOP HIM, THE SERPENT COULDN'T AND THE PIRATES COULDN'T, NOTHING WILL EVER GET IN HIS WAY OF REVENGE.

Story Written by: Mustapha Idris

WATCH OUT FOR BOOK 2

1 Like

Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 29, 2017
Sorry I have to rush the story. My SUB was getting low so I didn't have any choice but to post everything at once. I don't want the story to get delayed again

I am still writing BOOK 2 and I assure you that it will be posted here as soon as I am done. Please ensure you drop one or two motivational comments before leaving. Criticism is also allowed. Is there anything you found wrong in the story? Kindly drop a comment about ur observation below and I will adapt to a new change

thanks and God bless.
Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by Alennsar(f): 8:19pm On Apr 29, 2017
oh my God! did you just paste all dis? a very very very biiiig welldone to you
Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by Alennsar(f): 8:31pm On Apr 29, 2017
lyk seriously your story is superb.
chumzypinky donkross1 Rukkydelta missmossy smokeydrinky missmore empreesfidel
Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 29, 2017
Alennsar:
oh my God! did you just paste all dis? a very very very biiiig welldone to you
cheesy[
Thanks Alennsar

1 Like

Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2017
Am still working on BOOK 2, and will post it here as soon as am done with it

1 Like

Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by Rukkydelta(f): 8:44pm On Apr 29, 2017
Alennsar:

Rukkydelta
Thanks for the mention
Following
Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by smokeydrinky: 8:48am On Apr 30, 2017
Alennsar:

chumzypinky
donkross1
Rukkydelta
missmossy
smokeydrinky
missmore
empreesfidel

Thanks for the mention. Amma grab a sit Now.

1 Like

Re: The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty by Botaflica(m): 2:41am On Jun 06, 2017
nice one Bro. please keep me updated when the part 2 is out.

(1) (2) (Reply)

sentence For The Day::: / Nothing Goes For Nothing (18+) / He's A Korean Sex God Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.