Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,928 members, 7,817,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Unfading Beauty - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unfading Beauty (889 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unfading Beauty by xtianwoman: 12:09am On Mar 08, 2017
The reason why people wear deodorants or perfumes is to smell nice & so that you will not be avoided. This means that having God in us should produce godly character through us. The fruit of the Holy Spirit will also be borne in us, this will attract people to us & more so to Christ.
2 Corinthians 2:14-15 says: Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ & maketh manifest the savor of his knowledge by us in every place. For we are unto God a sweet savor of Christ in them that are saved & in them that perish.
As a Xtian Woman, your good character should not be shown or known to only church members & relatives but most essentially to sinners out there because that is the medium through which we can attract them to the Christ we believe & profess.
Matthew 5:16 says, 'Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works & glorify your Father in heaven.
Also in manifesting the savor of his knowledge in every place means we should spread the Word & demonstrate the life of Chrìst anywhere we go. The apostles were in the act of diffusing the fragrance of the knowledge of Christ (NKJV ) which brought about them being called Xtian so first in Antioch. (Acts 11:26).
A song writer wrote this: 'Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in me
All his wondrous compassion & purity. O thou Spirit divine, Lord my nature refine, till the beauty of Jesus is seen in me. The beauty of the Xtian Woman should begin from inside of her to her outside.
1 Peter 3:3-4 says: 'Whose adorning let it not be the outward adorning of plaiting the hair & wearing of gold or of putting on of apparel. But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek & quiet spirit, which has is in the sight of God of great price.
We have also seen from scriptures that the outward body is corruptible & can perish (2 Corinthians 4:16) & all the investment & attention you give to it are only temporal (2 Corinthians 4:18). The inner man has eternal value, it is the part of you that can inherit the Kingdom of God. He says we shoud set our affection.on things above, not on things on the earth (Colossians 3:2).
The Bible tells us in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 that 'our body is the temple of the Holy Ghost & we should glorify God in our body & spirit.
In conclusion, as you fix your body also pay the most attention to the hidden person of the heart. This kind of beauty is unfading. It is essential to know that in taking care of the body, moderation is key.

I pray that we will seek to do the things that are of great price in the sight of God. I pray for God's enabling grace to consciously work on having a better name than precious ointment.

1 Like

Re: Unfading Beauty by xtianwoman: 3:02pm On Mar 12, 2017
A Xtian Woman is characterised by: A gentle & quiet spirit Precious to God And glory to her husband Joy to all who are around her.
Re: Unfading Beauty by enshy: 3:17pm On Mar 12, 2017
God give me that woman who is meek and quiet! Whose adorning is inward only and not outward!!
Re: Unfading Beauty by Lex11(m): 3:48pm On Mar 12, 2017
Indeed...

"Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised." - Proverbs 31:30
Re: Unfading Beauty by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 12, 2017
enshy:
God give me that woman who is meek and quiet!
Whose adorning is inward only and not outward!!

Hi Bro. Enshy,
May God grant you that...but define for me "meek" please.
Also there is nothing wrong with be attracted to the one you marry. God is not saying that you are not to be physically attracted to a possible spouse.
I love that you are a soldier for Christ( & I'm not trying to discourage you)...but remember to be balanced.
Re: Unfading Beauty by enshy: 9:11pm On Mar 12, 2017
MZLady39:

Hi Bro. Enshy,
May God grant you that...but define for me "meek" please.
Also there is nothing wrong with be attracted to the one you marry. God is not saying that you are not to be physically attracted to a possible spouse.
I love that you are a soldier for Christ( & I'm not trying to discourage you)...but remember to be balanced.
Good intention dear!
Meek means gentle, easily intreated/persuaded. A meek woman acts like a woman! She respects not only her husband but all - inlaws, friends, coworker...She is courteous, its a major quality of a virtuous woman!
A man will always be physically attracted to the opposite sex not only the woman he wants to marry. Even after marriage physical attraction to women is still there, God put it there...Thats where the spiritual man puts his body under!
You see if I base my choice on physical attraction, Ild be wrong and so wrong cos there are several ladies there to be physically attracted to, thats why some of us put limit to our friendship with the opposite sex..If on a strong feeling of love, love without reason, it just comes, Ild pray about it..The rest is God and I.
My dear, marriage is to serious to engage in without intense preparation, spiritual being major...I cant and wont fail in marriage...A marriage where the man is the Head, Pastor, Father, Priest, Bread Winner! Amen!!
Re: Unfading Beauty by enshy: 9:12pm On Mar 12, 2017
Lex11:
Indeed...

"Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised." - Proverbs 31:30
Yes Bro In Christ!
Beauty has no value outside Christ!!

1 Like

Re: Unfading Beauty by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 12, 2017
enshy:

Good intention dear!
Meek means gentle, easily intreated/persuaded. A meek woman acts like a woman! She respects not only her husband but all - inlaws, friends, coworker...She is courteous, its a major quality of a virtuous woman!
A man will always be physically attracted to the opposite sex not only the woman he wants to marry. Even after marriage physical attraction to women is still there, God put it there...Thats where the spiritual man puts his body under!
You see if I base my choice on physical attraction, Ild be wrong and so wrong cos there are several ladies there to be physically attracted to, thats why some of us put limit to our friendship with the opposite sex..If on a strong feeling of love, love without reason, it just comes, Ild pray about it..The rest is God and I.
My dear, marriage is to serious to engage in without intense preparation, spiritual being major...I cant and wont fail in marriage...A marriage where the man is the Head, Pastor, Father, Priest, Bread Winner! Amen!!

Oh my brother! You are quite a character. I can't help but be tickled by how you end all your statements in excitement. I have to admire your fortitude. You press on regardless....
Re: Unfading Beauty by enshy: 9:35pm On Mar 12, 2017
MZLady39:

Oh my brother! You are quite a character. I can't help but be tickled by how you end all your statements in excitement. I have to admire your fortitude. You press on regardless....
So you get physical attraction is in all man as natural towards women...To be physically attracted to one Ild marry cant be in question but I wont base my choice on that.
Even after marriage, men are still physically attracted to other women, for some us only Christ has made the difference!
Thanks dear for your concern.
Re: Unfading Beauty by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 12, 2017
enshy:

So you get physical attraction is in all man as natural towards women...To be physically attracted to one Ild marry cant be in question but I wont base my choice on that.
Even after marriage, men are still physically attracted to other women, for some us only Christ has made the difference!
Thanks dear for your concern.

Yes...very true. I've got one of my sisters who doesn't believe that any heterosexual man can be faithful ever. But she's also not spiritual..
I was just looking at your definition of "meek" because I know the meaning to be, "knowing when to be strong & when to surrender".
I was talking about balance cause it's like you were trying to convince yourself that it's inward beauty...inward beauty alone..without any sort of outer attraction. But you clarified it a little better.
Re: Unfading Beauty by enshy: 9:58pm On Mar 12, 2017
MZLady39:

Yes...very true. I've got one of my sisters who doesn't believe that any heterosexual man can be faithful ever. But she's also not spiritual..
I was just looking at your definition of "meek" because I know the meaning to be, "knowing when to be strong & when to surrender".
I was talking about balance cause it's like you were trying to convince yourself that it's inward beauty...inward beauty alone..without any sort of outer attraction. But you clarified it a little better.
Meek simply put - all the qualities of a good disciple is found in that four letter word..Its loaded!
To be candid, Im blind to outward beauty, I choose not to see it as a discipline measure..Inward beauty is the MAIN.
However, A Pretty and Pious woman is my Pride!!
Re: Unfading Beauty by needhelp2: 3:29pm On May 25, 2017
Youth Aflamed For Christ is a youth and adult focused non denominational ministry charged with the mandate from God to raise a saved,sanctified and purposeful generation(Daniels and Esthers).The group is run by a team of believers called the amazingrace team with members from different churches and located in various cities around the world. we run a whatsapp program to fulfill the vision God has given us.We see young people serving christ in purity,fulfilling Gods purpose for their life.we have an active ministry,seminars and also encourage an active studying of the bible online on our facebook page and whatsapp.if you will like to become a member,kindly send a whatsapp message to this numbers, 09025268957.GOD BLESS YOU

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Ask For N1 Billion Donation To His Church, Makes Announcement / Otobo/Suleiman: Before you Conclude, What you Did Not See On SaharaTv Video. / Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.