Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,487 members, 7,836,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Forex: CBN Pumps Additional $100m Into Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex: CBN Pumps Additional $100m Into Market (11885 Views)

We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors / FOREX: CBN Introduces New Rules, Naira Closes At 367/$ / Forex: CBN Sanctions 12 Banks For Frustrating Small Businesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex: CBN Pumps Additional $100m Into Market by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 08, 2017
hisgrace090:
It seems no crude oil no nigeria,
So without this little increase in crude oil market there is nothing anybody I mean anybody could have done?
How can a country enjoy oil boom for more than 30yrs without any tangible source of income?
May God deliver us.
only few Nigerians and inclusive you understand the challenges facing Nigeria. No oil no forex gains.

1 Like

Re: Forex: CBN Pumps Additional $100m Into Market by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 08, 2017
9jakohai:

Not going to happen for the following reasons

1.Government is not earning enough dollars from oil to buffer the naira. We were able to keep the naira below N200 simply because then we were earning enough forex to buffer the dollars.

2.Part of the reason why govt is not earning enough forex is the fall in oil prcies . As a result, CBN is forced to restrict the dollar outflows from the country.....so as to have dollars to buffer the naira and meet our financial obligations. This has the bad effect of driving away foreign investors....since they cannot remit their dollars to their home countries easily.....unlike during the time when oil prcies were sky high ...and there were enough dollars flowing in .....which meant no need for restrictions.(And for the GEJ did not save crowd....saving lots of money won't have stopped CBN from restricting forex outflows....since every savings has a finite lifespan when you begin eating from it).

3.If you want the naira to go down to N1=$1, you do either of these two things

a) Diversify the export base...ie export more agric products and more solid minerals (Nickel in Kaduna state loading...) . Back in 1978...when N1=$1...Nigeria was a world leader in the export of cotton, groundnut, palm oil, benninseed, tin, columbite, and we had an oil boom going on. Enough dollars flowing in.

b) Ramp up domestic manufacturing...with the aim of exporting more manufactured goods...which is what China, Japan and many developed countries do.

And this measures take time...and money.(We may have to take a loan, in my opinion, to boost power, water and transport....and even agric production specifically....in the short term.)
you are schooled. Only economic dafts blame Buhari solely for the fall of naira. When you av unfavorable balance of trade and trade deficit, it ultimately tells on ur currency.

1 Like

Re: Forex: CBN Pumps Additional $100m Into Market by einsteine(m): 10:40am On Mar 08, 2017
saintmark88:

I can c ur still living n d past, d dollar traded for 399 to a dollar at the parallel market......it D interbank it traded for 305, isn't that less than 100??....abi u no sabi maths

LOL. Go out to the street and actually buy dollars for 399. I know someone that was looking for $15000 to import some chemicals. Least price he could get was 445.

Lol again, 399. Abeg tell me where you for see am for 399, make I go buy.
Re: Forex: CBN Pumps Additional $100m Into Market by 989900: 10:40am On Mar 08, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

LOL wishing the country to go down more is an evil don't you ever think about that? You never wish the Govt to succeed so i never take you serious..

Put you guys to shame will make me happy...

Wailing wailers how market?

He is a currency 'racketeerer'; thrives on the present situation . . . speculation, hoarding and sh!t.
Re: Forex: CBN Pumps Additional $100m Into Market by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 10:43am On Mar 08, 2017
onatisi:

That was exactly what kalu idika kalu said.that this government is only giving ppl false hopes and playing on their intelligence unfortunately many Nigerians lack adequate intelligence anyway. That all this osinbajo gimmicks wont solve anything infact it is counter productive. I have said it that if osinbajo becomes the president he will be the final destruction to the economy.
God should please please bring back buhari

LOL you are free to relocate to Gambia, So who should we have make the President? GEJ? you are a joke..

2 Likes

Re: Forex: CBN Pumps Additional $100m Into Market by ephi123(f): 10:46am On Mar 08, 2017
onatisi:

That was exactly what kalu idika kalu said.that this government is only giving ppl false hopes and playing on their intelligence unfortunately many Nigerians lack adequate intelligence anyway. That all this osinbajo gimmicks wont solve anything infact it is counter productive. I have said it that if osinbajo becomes the president he will be the final destruction to the economy.
God should please please bring back buhari

I sometimes wonder do you actually want Nigeria to progress? It's one thing to be realistic but constant pessimism is not good imho.

2 Likes

Re: Forex: CBN Pumps Additional $100m Into Market by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 08, 2017
progress69:

Ok..

Maybe in your village sha.

https://www.nairaland.com/2166138/cbn-officially-devalues-naira
The dollar was selling at 171
Re: Forex: CBN Pumps Additional $100m Into Market by IdJack(m): 11:12am On Mar 08, 2017
Best thing is to Increase Our Export base and reduce the importation of some items we can manufacture locally.

INVEST more on Agricultural. Let FG diversify to other natural resources.

You Want to Make Money?... Check my signature for Your Best Bet.
Re: Forex: CBN Pumps Additional $100m Into Market by progress69: 11:39am On Mar 08, 2017
beamtopola:

The dollar was selling at 171

No o. It was 157 sef.

Clowns!
Re: Forex: CBN Pumps Additional $100m Into Market by progress69: 11:45am On Mar 08, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

LOL you are free to relocate to Gambia, So who should we have make the President? GEJ? you are a joke..

Make una leave the onatasi clown alone.

He has selective and deliberate amnesia.

It was ok when Yaradua and Jonathan by extension used over half of the reserves to defend naira and economy then.

Despite seeing the flaws and danger of remaining a mono oil driven economy during the global reccession and drop in oil price before..what steps the his useless hero take to make us less oil dependent...

The only step he took was to open the CBN FX vaults from his mistresses, friends and political associates. The raw cash in FX found with one or 2 of people that worked under him is evident enough to see that the idiot Jonathan finished us.

Imagine when what others may have hidden. This is just the tip og an iceberge that was discovered

So u can let Onatasi keep saying is usual lame "prophetic" poo.

1 Like

Re: Forex: CBN Pumps Additional $100m Into Market by jalaalbaba: 12:23pm On Mar 08, 2017
This measure will help only in the short term, what is important and crucial for us right now is to begin to design policies and programmes that will replace major imported commodities with locally produced ones.
Re: Forex: CBN Pumps Additional $100m Into Market by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 12:48pm On Mar 08, 2017
progress69:

Make una leave the onatasi clown alone.

He has selective and deliberate amnesia.

It was ok when Yaradua and Jonathan by extension used over half of the reserves to defend naira and economy then.

Despite seeing the flaws and danger of remaining a mono oil driven economy during the global reccession and drop in oil price before..what steps the his useless hero take to make us less oil dependent...

The only step he took was to open the CBN FX vaults from his mistresses, friends and political associates. The raw cash in FX found with one or 2 of people that worked under him is evident enough to see that the idiot Jonathan finished us.

Imagine when what others may have hidden. This is just the tip og an iceberge that was discovered

So u can let Onatasi keep saying is usual lame "prophetic" poo.

That's true bro, I never take him and his likes serious for one minute..

1 Like

Re: Forex: CBN Pumps Additional $100m Into Market by me69: 1:26pm On Mar 08, 2017
CAN CBN TELL BANKS TO LIFT THE MONTHLY CAP THEY HAVE SET FOR PEOPLE ABROAD TO SPEND MORE THAN £80/month. WE WILL KEEP GOING TO BLACK MARKET FOR OUR RENT, BILLS, AND FEEDING otherwise and the rate will not fall further

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forex: CBN Pumps Additional $100m Into Market by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 08, 2017
I think Abokifx.com is lying because $ is still 455/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Have Been Scammed! Read Fast!!!! / Alaba Market Traders Kick Against Plan By Lagos To Demolish Secretariat / GTB Mastercard Charges ~N225/$1 While Amazon Charges ~N208/$1 , Any Reason Why ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.