Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

“I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out (29053 Views)

'The Thing Just Gbawaa' Little Girl Cries Out / I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. / "My Wife’s Beauty Makes Me Sleepless, I Want A Divorce" - Zimbabwea Man To Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by trendsng1(m): 6:43am On Mar 08, 2017
A 17-year-old girl named Fatima B has appealed to the Niger Child Right Protection Agency to dissolve her one-month-old marriage.

Fatima is married to 35-year-old Salihu M, said that she was no longer in love with her husband and also wants the marriage dissolved so she can further her education.

“I was given in marriage to Salihu by my family, who thought I will have a better life with him. I do not want this marriage; I do not love this man. I want a divorce because I want to go to school and it is only when I am divorced that I can return to school,” she said.

Her husband, Salihu also replied saying that he married his wife legally, and with the consent of her family.

“At first, my wife was happy with the marriage until she suddenly changed her mind and opted for a divorce. I still love my wife and I want to spend my life with her, but if she wants a divorce, I have no objection. I cannot force her to remain in the union,” he said.

The Director-General of the Niger Child Right Protection, Maryam Kolo, was full of praise for Fatima for having the courage to seek for divorce, and gave a two-week ultimatum to dissolve the marriage.

“If you fail to do so within the two weeks, the agency will file for divorce on behalf of the girl in a Sharia Court,” she said.

She further warn parents against giving out their daughter early for marriage.

Source- http://www.trendsng.com/2017/03/i-want-divorce-because-i-want-to-go-to.html

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by Nobody: 7:12am On Mar 08, 2017
Twice her age, shameless man

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 08, 2017
This our kins men from up north will never cease to amaze me...

43 Likes

Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by madridguy(m): 10:25am On Mar 08, 2017
Niger Republic and not Niger State.

1 Like

Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by Donald7610: 10:25am On Mar 08, 2017
Never pretend to a love which you do not actually feel, for love is not ours to command
(17 years )Your age is not an issue this matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Don't use education as an excuse.

No wahala the guy accepted your divorce
The shame goes to you & Family

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 10:25am On Mar 08, 2017
BUHARI religion shocked

17 Likes

Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 08, 2017
Why are the northerners /Muslims like these

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by Chibuhealth(f): 10:25am On Mar 08, 2017
Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by Galaxies01: 10:25am On Mar 08, 2017
admin keep banning people because of mmm post. You will soon block your damm ass. if you ban me will you ban my life? fools

18 Likes

Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by aloziedaya(m): 10:25am On Mar 08, 2017
Child marriage should be banned in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by Xavier9ja(m): 10:25am On Mar 08, 2017
Some parents are just wicked. Why will a sane parent give out a 17yr old gal out for marriage. Its babaric. As for the paedophile who think he is in love with the gal, I really dnt knw what to say about him.

13 Likes

Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by Arsenalholic(m): 10:25am On Mar 08, 2017
Before opening this thread I already knew the people who married her

10 Likes

Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 08, 2017
a can you just imagine the set of people filled in this tribe

2 Likes

Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by sotall(m): 10:26am On Mar 08, 2017
ok
Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by madridguy(m): 10:26am On Mar 08, 2017
Niger Republic and not Northern Nigeria.

Nyerhovwo101:
This our kins men from up north will never cease to amaze me...
Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by Stricker321: 10:27am On Mar 08, 2017
trendsng1:
A 17-year-old girl named Fatima B has appealed to the Niger Child Right Protection Agency to dissolve her one-month-old marriage.

Fatima is married to 35-year-old Salihu M, said that she was no longer in love with her husband and also wants the marriage dissolved so she can further her education.

“I was given in marriage to Salihu by my family, who thought I will have a better life with him. I do not want this marriage; I do not love this man. I want a divorce because I want to go to school and it is only when I am divorced that I can return to school,” she said.

Her husband, Salihu also replied saying that he married his wife legally, and with the consent of her family.

“At first, my wife was happy with the marriage until she suddenly changed her mind and opted for a divorce. I still love my wife and I want to spend my life with her, but if she wants a divorce, I have no objection. I cannot force her to remain in the union,” he said.

The Director-General of the Niger Child Right Protection, Maryam Kolo, was full of praise for Fatima for having the courage to seek for divorce, and gave a two-week ultimatum to dissolve the marriage.

“If you fail to do so within the two weeks, the agency will file for divorce on behalf of the girl in a Sharia Court,” she said.

She further warn parents against giving out their daughter early for marriage.

Source- http://www.trendsng.com/2017/03/i-want-divorce-because-i-want-to-go-to.html

Same way Igbos should not be forced to remain in Nigeria.

Marriage is never by force.

Only a foolish president will say instead of me to let you go we will all drown together. embarassed

7 Likes

Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by madridguy(m): 10:27am On Mar 08, 2017
I can bet with Arsene Wenger life Sai Baba is tormenting you for dream tongue

CROWNWEALTH019:
BUHARI religion shocked

1 Like

Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by zinny377(f): 10:28am On Mar 08, 2017
I applaud your bravery Fatima.

6 Likes

Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 10:28am On Mar 08, 2017
madridguy:
I can bet with Arsene Wenger life Sai Baba is tormenting you for dream tongue

Ma main guy tongue
Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by DONSMITH123(m): 10:28am On Mar 08, 2017
YEYE, na now you wan go school. you no know b4? Why did you marry him at first ?

1 Like

Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 08, 2017
E don happen angry

1 Like

Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by amiibaby(f): 10:30am On Mar 08, 2017
So when he wanted to marry u youvdidnt tell him u wanted to go to school u just realised it now

Oyo for you

Next

1 Like

Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by Timinho23: 10:30am On Mar 08, 2017
This is why Nigeria can't be one. The majority North wants to increase in size by marrying at ridiculous ages, shunning education and spreading their almajiri and beggars and illiterates all over the country.. while the south just wants to be educated.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by babyfaceafrica: 10:30am On Mar 08, 2017
Okay
Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by madridguy(m): 10:30am On Mar 08, 2017
I dey feel you die. grin

CROWNWEALTH019:

Ma main guy tongue
Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by fortunechy(m): 10:31am On Mar 08, 2017
useless northern men

4 Likes

Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by babyfaceafrica: 10:31am On Mar 08, 2017
Timinho23:
This is why Nigeria can't be one. The majority North wants to increase in size by marrying at ridiculous ages, shunning education and spreading their almajiri and beggars and illiterates all over the country.. while the south just wants to be educated.
is Niger Nigeria?.. Read the story again
Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 08, 2017
madridguy:
Niger Republic and not Northern Nigeria.
Bros it's Niger State not Niger Republic.

7 Likes

Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 10:32am On Mar 08, 2017
madridguy:
I dey feel you die. grin

Give me connection for BMC abeg, i want 250k now

3 Likes

Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by Imoh555(m): 10:32am On Mar 08, 2017
Re: “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out by TheFreeOne: 10:32am On Mar 08, 2017
madridguy:
Niger Republic and not Niger State.

Not only niger republic na niger nation.

Instead of you guys lending your voice and resources to fighting for needed education in your region you'll rather support mass building of Quranic schools, mosques, paedophiles and mass weddings and the blame game. And when others talked of explosion of born throways you start spitting fires where there are none.

Your leaders are a disgrace to humanity for their selfishness in training their wards in the best schools home and abroad whilst they refuse to give proper education to the less privilege, stem almajiri explosions in the north but will rather use them for election purposes to capture federal power.

Anyway kudos to the girl's boldness. May her dreams and others like her come true.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Marriage Is Being Tested. I Need Your Advice / Nigerians On Twitter Recount Worst Beating Parents Ever Gave Them / Most Painful Thing Done To You By Your Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.