Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,966 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

6 Steps To Jack Up Your Car Safely - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 6 Steps To Jack Up Your Car Safely (5581 Views)

How To Get Home Safely After Drinking / Its The Raining Seasons Again! How Do You Navigate Your Car Safely? / 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Steps To Jack Up Your Car Safely by autojosh: 9:16am On Mar 08, 2017

This seems to be a mundane task for many but I decided to write about it because I’ve seen people get burnt due to little errors. A young man even got 2 of his fingers chopped off. He definitely got it wrong that one time.

In order to avoid such disaster, these are the steps to follow when lifting your car with a jack.

Find a leveled ground:
Before touching your car jack, make sure your car is on a flat ground.

Engage the parking brakes:
Whether it’s the handbrake, leg brake or electronic brakes, make sure they are engaged to prevent the car from rolling.

Reach for the vehicle manual
This is one step we usually ignore. Check the curb weight of your vehicle in the owner’s manual and make sure the jack is rated to carry such load.

Use chocks/wedges
Many of us use big stones picked from the road. It is surely better than nothing. It further prevents your vehicle from rolling. Don’t rely solely on the parking brakes which hold only the rear wheels in most cars.

Locate the jack point of your car
The jack point is a hole or reinforced beam that has the strength to withstand the weight of your car. This prevents damage to the bottom and sideboards of your car. See images of the jack points in the attached photos..

Time to use the jack
Attach the jack to the jack point and lift the car carefully. Always ensure your jack well positioned to prevent it from snapping.

Finally, Avoid putting your hands between the tyres and the wheel wells.

What mistakes have you made while jacking up your car? Do you have any points to add? Let’s hear from you in the comment section.

https://autojosh.com/jack-up-your-car/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Steps To Jack Up Your Car Safely by helphelp: 9:22am On Mar 08, 2017
Wey we dey use ordinary hand raise keke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Steps To Jack Up Your Car Safely by awofodu3(m): 9:22am On Mar 08, 2017
Re: 6 Steps To Jack Up Your Car Safely by Dhaffs(m): 9:23am On Mar 08, 2017
Ftc
Re: 6 Steps To Jack Up Your Car Safely by Dhaffs(m): 9:23am On Mar 08, 2017
M qerrin dere@ ftc
Re: 6 Steps To Jack Up Your Car Safely by sherif4owo(m): 9:31am On Mar 08, 2017
Noted
Re: 6 Steps To Jack Up Your Car Safely by erunzy(m): 9:31am On Mar 08, 2017
I need steps to Jack up my Account Balance Abeg without stress

5 Likes

Re: 6 Steps To Jack Up Your Car Safely by Samanza89: 10:05am On Mar 08, 2017
Ok
Re: 6 Steps To Jack Up Your Car Safely by Angelb4: 10:08am On Mar 08, 2017
Thanks. But I first need steps to buy a car.

1 Like

Re: 6 Steps To Jack Up Your Car Safely by coalcoal1(m): 10:13am On Mar 08, 2017
k
Re: 6 Steps To Jack Up Your Car Safely by diportivo: 12:26pm On Mar 08, 2017
Nothing wey we no go see for nairaland

In Ibadan,we use 2by2 and rim to jack our liteace buses

U r here talking about checking car manual to know the weight of the car

undecided

1 Like

Re: 6 Steps To Jack Up Your Car Safely by lonelydora: 1:09pm On Mar 08, 2017
Check which manual? First find 2by2 wood and a stone for street.

Mercedes jack is the best I have seen. Stress-free and easy to use. Not bending down to find the jack beam.
Re: 6 Steps To Jack Up Your Car Safely by SIRKAY98(m): 2:54pm On Mar 08, 2017
My Father no dey use Jack na

(1) (Reply)

What Used Car To Buy In Nigeria With 1.2m Either Lexus Or Toyota Or Honda Evil S / 2013 Model Toyota Corolla Sport For Sale: / Honda Pilot 2004 Or Volvo Xc90 2006, Which Should I Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.