Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

New Or Unknown Authors You've Discovered (not Best-sellers) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / New Or Unknown Authors You've Discovered (not Best-sellers) (1944 Views)

Lost but Satisfied / THE UNKNOWN: The Mega-hit Series / New York Times ® Best Sellers: Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Or Unknown Authors You've Discovered (not Best-sellers) by Ifez: 12:22am On Dec 16, 2009
Let's list some of the new or unknown authors we've discovered and their books we've read that are quite good. They don't have to be best sellers. Just make sure you've read the book and can honestly recommend it to others.

Leonard Elmore -- Freaky Deaky (He's not entirely new, but he's sort of unknown in our circle. IMHO, his dialogue are unparalleled by any other author I've come across.)

Lisa Scottingdale -- Dirty Blonde

Gigi Levangie Grazer -- The Starter Wife

Lauren Weisberger -- The Devil Wears Prada

Emma Mclaughlin and Nicola Kraus -- The Nanny Diaries

Nona David -- Feddie Girl (A must-read kiss)

Sophie Kinsella -- Confessions of a Shopaholic

Jennifer Weiner -- In Her Shoes

Audrey Niffeneger -- The Time Traveler's Wife
Re: New Or Unknown Authors You've Discovered (not Best-sellers) by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 16, 2009
something blue by emily griffin. great chick lit. I like it better than its prequel.
Re: New Or Unknown Authors You've Discovered (not Best-sellers) by dominique(f): 12:19pm On Dec 16, 2009
Steve Thayer quite unknown authors that wrote one of the most captivating books i've read; The Weatherman.
i've been searching for other titles from this author with no success.
Re: New Or Unknown Authors You've Discovered (not Best-sellers) by Ifez: 2:31pm On Jan 05, 2010
@ dominique,

Maybe Steve Thayer wrote only that one novel. Lol! I do the same with new authors I enjoy. I hope Nona David writes a sequel to "Feddie Girl" or another novel soon.

In the meantime, I'm seriously looking out for "The Poker Legend" it appears this one is gonna be a thriller that follows a parallel story arch to the sub-plot in Feddie Girl.

Did you read any new books this xmas hols? I started on one of the many Tom Clancy novels I stored up a while ago. I'm also gonna read the latest releases by Orson Scott Card.

By the way, have you read the Twilight Saga series? Did you enjoy them? undecided
Re: New Or Unknown Authors You've Discovered (not Best-sellers) by queenesthr(f): 4:07pm On Jan 05, 2010
Catherine Cookson
Re: New Or Unknown Authors You've Discovered (not Best-sellers) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 05, 2010
Please, drop Nigerian names!!
Re: New Or Unknown Authors You've Discovered (not Best-sellers) by MyneWhite1(f): 7:36pm On Jan 05, 2010
A Heart to Mend by Myne Whitman. She's a Nigerian writing under a pseudonym.

1 Like

Re: New Or Unknown Authors You've Discovered (not Best-sellers) by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 06, 2010
Myne White:

A Heart to Mend by Myne Whitman. She's a Nigerian writing under a pseudonym.

Are you advertising yourself? Let's take a peek into your book. . .
Re: New Or Unknown Authors You've Discovered (not Best-sellers) by shadowland: 1:33am On Jan 06, 2010
The Joyluck Club - Amy Tan
Re: New Or Unknown Authors You've Discovered (not Best-sellers) by Ifez: 10:17pm On Jan 06, 2010
sauer:

Please, drop Nigerian names!!

The Abyssinian Boy by Onyeka Nwelue

Nine Lives by El Nukoya

Love's Lie by Seye Oke

A Heart To Mend by Myne Whitman

Goodbye Lucille by Segun Afolabi

1 Like

Re: New Or Unknown Authors You've Discovered (not Best-sellers) by MyneWhite1(f): 5:43am On Jan 07, 2010
Are you advertising yourself? Let's take a peek into your book. . .

More information can be found at

My website: http://www.mynewhitman.com/

My blog: http://www.mynewhitmanwrites.com

Facebook Fan page: http://www.facebook.com/Myne.Whitman

Twitter account: http://twitter.com/Myne_Whitman

Buy paperback: http://www.authorhouse.com/Bookstore/ItemDetail.aspx?bookid=67912

Ebook store: http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=4531432

Read Chapter 1: http://www.freado.com/book/5186/A-Heart-to-Mend-Paperback
Re: New Or Unknown Authors You've Discovered (not Best-sellers) by Ifez: 5:05pm On Jan 08, 2010
Measuring Time by Helon Habila

Everything Good Will Come by Seffi Atta

There was this one I read last year about four Naija ladies that immigrated to the US and the fun lives they led. It read like a chick-Lit but I can't remember the name of the novel and the author. It was a good read sha.
Re: New Or Unknown Authors You've Discovered (not Best-sellers) by DonEse125(f): 4:09pm On Jan 09, 2010
The 'Codex Alera' series by Jim Butcher. I've read books 1 to 5,and i've gotta say i was BLOWN AWAY! I bow at the altar of his genius!
Re: New Or Unknown Authors You've Discovered (not Best-sellers) by MyneWhite1(f): 4:23am On Jan 10, 2010
There was this one I read last year about four Naija ladies that immigrated to the US and the fun lives they led. It read like a chick-Lit but I can't remember the name of the novel and the author. It was a good read sha.

Was it the Mrs. Club? Or Swallow? The latter wasn't fun though a good read.
Re: New Or Unknown Authors You've Discovered (not Best-sellers) by tpia1: 9:12pm On Dec 19, 2010
i'm currently reading my second lauren st john book- the last leopard.

has anyone come across this author and do you think her work can compare with h rider haggard. (or maybe the little white horse?)

she's very good.
Re: New Or Unknown Authors You've Discovered (not Best-sellers) by tpia5: 7:36pm On Jul 19, 2012
Ifez: Measuring Time by Helon Habila

Everything Good Will Come by Seffi Atta

please drop the name of the book if you're still on nl and can remember it.
Re: New Or Unknown Authors You've Discovered (not Best-sellers) by tpia5: 7:38pm On Jul 19, 2012
@ topic

i dont think the thread should be limited to nigerian authors only.
Re: New Or Unknown Authors You've Discovered (not Best-sellers) by Gloriagee(f): 4:29pm On Jul 24, 2012
The Ugly sister by Jane Fallon (chick lit)
Imagine This by Lola Ogunwole (won a Commonwealth 1st book prize for Africa)
I do not come to you by chance by Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani - has anybody read this?
Re: New Or Unknown Authors You've Discovered (not Best-sellers) by Clairette(f): 1:05pm On Jul 27, 2012
Ekemini Francis----- Fetch the Future

(1) (Reply)

In Loving Memory Of Wuse Old Market ---by Dike Chukwumerije / OVERMEN (IN THE SHADOWS) On-going / Why Do People Type 'LOL' But Dont Really Laugh? Do You Do That?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.