Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,876 members, 7,821,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

My Ondo, My Pride - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My Ondo, My Pride (721 Views)

Ondo, My Home / South African Lady Goes Topless To Celebrate Her Culture With Pride / 5 Interesting Facts About Nothern-nigeria Pride Queen Aminat (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Ondo, My Pride by Redomi(m): 11:00am On Mar 08, 2017
My Ondo my Pride. There is another thing I've come to know about Ondo people, we are discreet. It is believed that it's an empty barrels that constitute nuisance. I was surprised to see the list of billionaires from Ondo city and none of these people has ever publicly displayed their wealth or seek public attention or recognition. Many professors from Ondo city are all over the world making waves in their capacities and none of them is making fool of themselves like Ekiti professors, (apology, I didn't mean any insult). Though no one is saint in a closet of temptation(political corruption) but Ondo people believe in a good name, we will rather stay clear than to be caught up in corruption saga. We have many representatives in the every segment of the government, especially federal government offices but hardly will "Omo Ondo" be criticized or penalized for corruption or misuse of power. Like every other towns or cities in the country, "Omo Ondo" are all over the world too, they represent well, we don't go against the law of the land. We are obedient, loyal, honest and trust worthy. We mind our business, we respect ourselves, we don't pokenose, involve ourselves in unnecessary talks or gossips, though other tribes don't know these and they termed it as being proud. Well, if this is what being proud means, then I want to always be proud. We are disciplined and we have principles, when we say "No", we always stand on our "No". We don't subject ourselves to manipulation or intimidation and that's why others call us stubborn. Well, if that's what stubbornness means, then I want to remain stubborn "Omo Ondo". My Ondo my Pride. I am proud to be an Ondo guy... I represent well.
Re: My Ondo, My Pride by honifome(m): 11:43am On Mar 08, 2017
did you just write about ondo people or people of ondo state generally?

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Bored And Up For Chatting? / Our HIDDEN Culture-food And Colour / Alaafin Of Oyo Shows He Is Still Strong As He Displays Acrobatic Skill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.