Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Beauty And Photoshop - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty And Photoshop (2604 Views)

Beauty And Business- A World Of Beauty. / Ankara: Beauty And Style (pictures) / Preity Zinta beauty and style. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beauty And Photoshop by Nobody: 5:10am On Dec 16, 2009
Is Photoshop the new pancake for women all over the world?

Can you always tell when a woman photoshops her pictures? Well I have come across pictures of the same person with and without editing and there was a lot of difference.
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 16, 2009
Photoshop has been around for ages, thats why we real girls/women have always felt insecure compared to these Celebs but now we have paparazzis and they catch these celebs without all their falseities and they just look like regular women or even worse.
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 16, 2009
But even regular women are buying the photoshop thing now. Have you checked some pictures on facebook or even profile pictures on NL?
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by mukina2: 11:41am On Dec 16, 2009
michelin89:

But even regular women are buying the photoshop thing now. Have you checked some pictures on facebook or even profile pictures on NL?
They want to look better than they do in real life cheesy grin

Photoshopped pics are easy to know grin
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by mrperfect(m): 11:51am On Dec 16, 2009
Ok, is it what women are doing.
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 16, 2009
why would you photoshop you photos when you know you do not look
like that undecided people women especially will go to any length to impress people.
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 16, 2009
I know what you mean hun, thats why internet dating is trickey, i.e you see a beauty on his or her profile but meet a catastrophe in real life grin
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by mrperfect(m): 5:15pm On Dec 16, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

I know what you mean hun, thats why internet dating is trickey, i.e you see a beauty on his or her profile but meet a catastrophe in real life grin
sad
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 16, 2009
mrperfect:

sad
Why the long face hun? smiley
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by ubiaa5(f): 8:33pm On Dec 16, 2009
some people over do it,apart from having their faces as smooth as a babies a s s they also photoshop their bodies to have a better shape,very uncalled for.
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 16, 2009
Lol, it's their life, their picture. cheesy
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by Nobody: 2:03am On Dec 17, 2009
mukina2:

They want to look better than they do in real life cheesy grin

Photoshopped pics are easy to know grin

It's obvious some people don't know them or certain people wouldn't be getting all the praises, especially celebrities. We know they are fake, yet we insist on admiring them.

Reason why I love Nollywood stars. They hardly photoshop.
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by platinumnk(f): 2:14am On Dec 17, 2009
Mich!! angry you could have told me this instead of making a thread? embarassed embarassed
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by Nobody: 2:21am On Dec 17, 2009
platinumnk:

Mich!! angry you could have told me this instead of making a thread? embarassed embarassed

Ahahahahha! Sorry ooooo!!!!

Anyways Plat, that is not the point. We are talking of girls who photoshop ALL their pictures.

Having fun occasionally doesn't make you guilty since you are not afraid to post your unedited pictures.
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by THEAMAKA1: 2:45am On Dec 17, 2009
hahaha
i never photoshop, i dont even know how that shizz works.
im not into all those things anyway.
what you see is what you get (with me) no weave, makeup, flashy clothes, flashy backrounds (all of which enhance pictures)
im as real as it gets, baby. cool
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by OgidiBoy(m): 2:50am On Dec 17, 2009
Models and folks in the movie industry have been photoshopping their glamor pics for years so what's the big deal ?
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by platinumnk(f): 2:51am On Dec 17, 2009
oh ok I was just going to say I was having fun . .

but women who Shop ALL their picz might have  severe insecurity about their looks
but us as women we dont help those that are sturggling
instead of helping, we insist on tearing down others, and what irks me is that the main ones tearing down others are the ones that  NEED their pics Photoshopped!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Women always will try hard  to achieve that false sense of beauty.
Its a fact.

I remember when I saw Mariah Carey in the movie Precious. I couldnt believe my eyes on how different she looked. The amount of makeup she uses and the effect of photoshop is all the same in my opinon.
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by Nobody: 2:53am On Dec 17, 2009
What about the time I saw Amerie in a movie? She was short (maybe because Katie Holmes is tall) and so ordinary.

I kept saying to myself "I have seen this girl" but I couldn't figure out where.
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by TOPE20001(f): 2:53am On Dec 17, 2009
platinumnk:

oh ok I was just going to say I was having fun . .

but women who Shop ALL their picz might have  severe insecurity about their looks
but us as women we dont help those that are sturggling
instead of helping, we insist on tearing down others, and what irks me is that the main ones tearing down others are the ones that  NEED their pics Photoshopped!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Women always will try hard  to achieve that false sense of beauty.
Its a fact.

I remember when I saw Mariah Carey in the movie Precious. I couldnt believe my eyes on how different she looked. The amount of makeup she uses and the effect of photoshop is all the same in my opinon.

U have hit the nail on the head cool
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by platinumnk(f): 2:54am On Dec 17, 2009
THE.AMAKA:

hahaha
i never photoshop, i dont even know how that shizz works.
im not into all those things anyway.
what you see is what you get (with me) no weave, makeup, flashy clothes, flashy backrounds (all of which enhance pictures)
im as real as it gets, baby. cool

flashy backgrounds? wetin?
There is a BIG DIFFERENCE between an  EDITORIAL pic and a pic that is straight photoshopped.
I hope you know.
cheesy

@topesis - kiss grin
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by Nobody: 2:56am On Dec 17, 2009
But I maintain facial features make people beautiful. I know a girl who suffers from a severe form of acne/pimples, but when you see her, you can tell she is beautiful. Imagine if such a girl didn't have that skin problem, she'd be a goddess.
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by THEAMAKA1: 2:56am On Dec 17, 2009
lol
its funny how some people see all these glamourized pics that are photoshopped and then when guys see it they start drooling and expect the average girl to live up to that "photshopped" beauty.
KAI!!
have you seen some of these celebs without makeup.
kim kardashian for example is so average in the face without all that cake crap.

platinumnk:

flashy backgrounds? wetin?
There is a BIG DIFFERENCE between an  EDITORIAL pic and a pic that is straight photoshopped.
I hope you know.
cheesy
you dont get what i mean.
like someone can have a pic of them at a party and it somehow enhances the pic (to me) or a flashy outfit ect ect
to me, all those elements enhance a picture and make people look better than they do.
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by TOPE20001(f): 2:59am On Dec 17, 2009
THE.AMAKA:

kim kardashian for example is so average in the face without all that cake crap.

Excatly cool
U'd see guys lookin beyonce n halle and they think they are goddess, forgetting that they are wearing heavy make-up, the camera can even make them look slimmer. A good example was the one plat said abt mariah carey in the movie precious. She looked like a Pig. lipsrsealed
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by platinumnk(f): 3:00am On Dec 17, 2009
THE.AMAKA:

like someone can have a pic of them at a party and it somehow enhances the pic (to me) or a flashy outfit ect ect
to me, all those elements enhance a picture and make people look better than they do.

aich shocked shocked so i should take pics in my whitebeaters? grin grin

michelin89:

But I maintain facial features make people beautiful. I know a girl who suffers from a severe form of acne/pimples, but when you see her, you can tell she is beautiful. Imagine if such a girl didn't have that skin problem, she'd be a goddess.

I would.
Acne might distract but it never takes away. Do you know her well enough to suggest a better skin regimen?
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by Nobody: 3:01am On Dec 17, 2009
platinumnk:

I would.
Acne might distract but it never takes away. Do you know her well enough to suggest a better skin regimen?

She is a good friend of mine and yes I could suggest but me sef dey experiment now.
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by TOPE20001(f): 3:02am On Dec 17, 2009
michelin89:

She is a good friend of mine and yes I could suggest but me sef dey experiment now.

I swear that ACNE is a sob angry angry
I have a friend that is very insecure because she has them, she has totally lost her confident sad
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by Nobody: 3:04am On Dec 17, 2009
TOPE2000!:

I swear that ACNE is a sob angry angry
I have a friend that is very insecure because she has them, she has totally lost her confident sad

Acne can't take away your beauty if you have nice features.
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by THEAMAKA1: 3:06am On Dec 17, 2009
platinumnk:

aich shocked shocked so i should take pics in my whitebeaters? grin grin

no im not saying that.
but you know those do enhance pictures, im just saying.
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by platinumnk(f): 3:06am On Dec 17, 2009

M. Carey
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by platinumnk(f): 3:08am On Dec 17, 2009
THE.AMAKA:

no im not saying that.
but you know those do enhance pictures, im just saying.

enhance or make it less boring grin grin

acne is a confidence killer sad
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by THEAMAKA1: 3:09am On Dec 17, 2009
i think you get what i mean.
enhances it to ADD to the pic.
Re: Beauty And Photoshop by TOPE20001(f): 3:10am On Dec 17, 2009
platinumnk:

M. Carey

Imagine the difference? Thats excatly what she looks like without the make up grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dreadlocks Isn't Dirty!!! (photos) / See What People Do To Their Bodies !... (with Pix) / Fashion Academy (awka)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.