Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,254 members, 7,811,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

“You Can’t Stop Me From Talking About Gays. Keep Your Love”– Chimamanda Adichie - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / “You Can’t Stop Me From Talking About Gays. Keep Your Love”– Chimamanda Adichie (814 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Hosts Lupita Nyong’o In Lagos / Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State / Chimamanda Adichie At Geneva Resort, Awka (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“You Can’t Stop Me From Talking About Gays. Keep Your Love”– Chimamanda Adichie by TolstoyFan: 3:10pm On Mar 08, 2017
“You can’t stop me from talking about gays. Keep your love”– Chimamanda Adichie to Nigerian man

International award-winning novelist, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie was in Lagos during the summer of 2016 where she taught a writing workshop as part of an annual event that sees her shuttling between Nigeria and the US. The writing workshop ended in a question-and-answer session, during which a young man asked Adichie a question. She told The Guardian of UK in a recent interview that she recalled the young man saying, “I used to love you. I’ve read all your books. But since you started this whole feminism thing, and since you started to talk about this gay thing, I’m just not sure about you any more. How do you intend to keep the love of people like me?” Adichie said her friends were furious at the young man’s question, but she rather liked his bravery and honesty in asking. She replied him saying, “Keep your love. Because, sadly, while I love to be loved, I will not accept your love if it comes with these conditions.”

http://www.rainbowgazette.com/cant-stop-talking-gays-keep-love-chimamanda-adichie-nigerian-man/

For Chimamanda's full interview with The Guardian of UK>>> https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/mar/04/chimamanda-ngozi-adichie-stop-telling-me-feminism-hot

Re: “You Can’t Stop Me From Talking About Gays. Keep Your Love”– Chimamanda Adichie by bedspread: 3:14pm On Mar 08, 2017
GAY/LESBIANS ARE ABOMINATIONS THAT SHOULD BE FROWNED AT BY ANYBODY OR NATION THAT WANTS TO REMAIN....

GOD GIVES PERSONAL PUNISHMENTS TO THOSE THAT ENGAGE IN SUCH ACTS

AND NATIONAL PUNISHMENTS TO COUNTRIES THAT LEGALIZE IT.....
Re: “You Can’t Stop Me From Talking About Gays. Keep Your Love”– Chimamanda Adichie by Olabestonic001(m): 3:49pm On Mar 08, 2017
Who Adichie activism epp?

(1) (Reply)

Flashback; Top 25 Significant Quotes By Chinua Achebe You Should Read / Can Someone Please Recommend Few Interesting Novel For Me Here On NL? / Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous By Ngozi Okonjo Iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.