Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Challenges With My Skid Cooking Gas (LPG) Business - Help - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Challenges With My Skid Cooking Gas (LPG) Business - Help (1217 Views)

African LPG Business And Data Analysis / Cooking Gas Price Drops By 30% / INVESTMENT OPPURTUNITY IN COOKING GAS (LPG). RETAIL DISTRIBUTION AND STORAGE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Challenges With My Skid Cooking Gas (LPG) Business - Help by obc: 5:10pm On Mar 08, 2017
Greetings fellow Nairalanders,

I will try as much as possible to present my challenges in a concise manner. Please pardon any grammatical error(s)...

I work as an Executive Assistant in one of the Capital Market subsidiaries. My salary is such that before the month runs-out, I will be looking for money to fend for myself and family. My love for entrepreneurial skills and desire to develop additional source of income geared my resolve to start reading most business ideas especially the ones posted on the business section of nairaland. One day I came across LPG business thread which became appealing to me. I quickly contacted the OP who guided me to some extent but we parted when I couldn't meet up with his bills.

Effective May last year, I met a guy who after much explanations suggested that I approach a petrol station for a space to set up a skid. He did mention and listed all the documents required to operate a skid gas plant but running the business in a petrol station would reduce the documents since petrol station is already in a fire-related business. I thanked him went back and started consulting petrol stations around my residence. Luckily, i got one and the terms were agreed. With the happiness in my mind, I immediately contacted my colleagues, friends and my brother including borrowing from the office to pay for the space, bought 2.5 ton tank and other required materials through an engineer recommended by a friend. Having bought all the materials, I headed to the manager of the petrol station to agree on when to resume construction of the skid gas plant, he said I should hold-on. Day, weeks, months past without any response from him despite all my calls to him. I confronted him that he should let me know his decision regarding our earlier agreement. He told me they have interest running the business and many things he said. After two weeks, my friend called and told me that the petrol station has started building the skid plant for themselves. It was at this point that I decided to start looking for another space. As God may have it, I got an empty space with no residential building and conducive for the business. The only issue is that the place is completely flooded and deserted. I met the Landlord and he said if I can sand-fill the place, I should go ahead. The rent was discussed agreed and i paid for two years. I started sand-filing the land which gulped about 2.3m labour inclusive. On June last year, the Engineer constructed the skid and we started skeletal operations on August, 2016.

Lest I forget, we started with no document. Last year December, Lagos state government came to the site requesting that we make available all the documents required to set up a fire related business. I wasn't around then, I went for my younger brothers burial. My attendant called and give me the phone number on the paper served to us by the guys that came. I called the number and their Boss at Alausa explained they are trying to collate data for all gas stations operating within the state hence requires all the documents ranging from police report, fire service, town planning, Environment Impact Assessment Report (EIA)DPR approval etc. I honestly explained to him that we are yet to get the documents and besides I was out of town for my late brothers burial. That was after I sent my friend to represent me at his office at Ikeja. However, as at December last year, we have been able to obtain Police report and fire service approval. We approached the Federal Town Planning but they said, they have not and can't issue approval for a skid gas plant. They suggested I go to the LCDA around. On getting to the LCDA I find they don't have such powers. At his point, I became weak and left.

Today, at exactly 11:30 am my attendant called me that some guys dressing in T-shirt uniform came to our station but met no one since he went out to deliver gas to a nearby customer. He stood somewhere observing. The guys (6 males & 1 female) left after asking people around our whereabouts they responded they don't know. As at this time, we have not seen them again. My mind keeps telling me its same Lagos state guys.

CHALLENGE/PLEA
Dear nairalanders, I am afraid of being closed down. I need all the help I can get. I don't know who to talk to now. I am so worried. Some persons I borrowed to set up this skid are already on my neck. The place is conducive for the because if its not, police will not issue report not to talk of fire service.

Please I need the expert in the house to help me out. I am open to criticism. Do not spare anything, criticise, admonish me but no INSULTS please. I am a newby and willing to learn.

I would have loved to mention my name or post pictures but for some security reasons I will hold back.

Please help a brother in need.

God bless.

Seun, Myn44 and Laslatical kindly help boost this post.
Re: Challenges With My Skid Cooking Gas (LPG) Business - Help by vanmusco(m): 5:49am On Mar 28, 2017
Hello sir,
Thanks for d enlightenment. How did you get d police report. I also have same issue
Re: Challenges With My Skid Cooking Gas (LPG) Business - Help by obc: 2:24pm On Mar 31, 2017
I got it from the Aread Command. Just go to any police area command in your area and make inquiries. But ensure your skid is not close to any high tension/transformer or close to a busy road. It must not be close to a residential building(s) cos if the community writes petition to DPR that will be the end.
Re: Challenges With My Skid Cooking Gas (LPG) Business - Help by vanmusco(m): 2:39pm On Mar 31, 2017
Thank you sir
Re: Challenges With My Skid Cooking Gas (LPG) Business - Help by obc: 1:20pm On Apr 03, 2017
You are welcome.
Re: Challenges With My Skid Cooking Gas (LPG) Business - Help by Nobody: 7:13am On May 23, 2018
How did it go? I just stumbled on your post
Re: Challenges With My Skid Cooking Gas (LPG) Business - Help by onibokun10(m): 1:06pm On May 23, 2018
Op , will you pls drop your contacts ? I have similar ideas and I'm based in osun state. I contacted a company that builds cooking gas skid and the company said they'll only attend to me if I come to Lagos. If you can drop your number I'll like to use your connect to set up mine and also other things we may discuss.. I'll really appreciate this . 08167305493

(1) (Reply)

Lucrative Drone Business in Nigeria / How To Make Over $3000 On Fiverr Monthly Free / The Easiest & Fastest Way To Build A Profitable Online Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.