Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country (6740 Views)

Lady Recreates Photo She Took Abroad In Nigeria / Studying Medicine In The USA / HND Holder Studying Masters Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by MrsAnyanwu(f): 6:53am On Mar 09, 2017
I need you all to tell me a cheap School where I can apply and study medicine without writing TOEFL, IELTS etc, I just need straight admission , I have my passport and other documents ready, tnx
Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by EmekaMD(m): 12:55pm On Mar 23, 2017
Philippines is a good destination.. Cheap tuition and all that.. I'm a medical student in southwestern school of medicine Cebu city Philippines..

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by claremont(m): 2:51pm On Apr 09, 2017
Bulgaria, Romania, Lithiuania. Anywhere in eastern europe.https://www.studymedicineeurope.com/
Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by cutieme(m): 3:10pm On Apr 09, 2017
@Emekamd,lpls how much is the supposed fee for nursing program and what is the duration?
Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by bigfrancis21: 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2017
MrsAnyanwu:
I need you all to tell me a cheap School where I can apply and study medicine without writing TOEFL, IELTS etc, I just need straight admission , I have my passport and other documents ready, tnx

I'm aware of kaplan medical school in the US but it is mainly for doctors already who wish to migrate and study in the US. They give you admission, you get your visa, you come in and they train you to pass the steps 1, 2 and 3 exams. Then you can go on to apply for medical residency.
Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by MrsAnyanwu(f): 3:52pm On Apr 16, 2017
bigfrancis21:

I'm aware of kaplan medical school in the US but it is mainly for doctors already who wish to migrate and study in the US. They give you admission, you get your visa, you come in and they train you to pass the steps 1, 2 and 3 exams. Then you can go on to apply for medical residency.
tnx
Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by obalukan: 5:46pm On May 21, 2017
Try Ukraine

1 Like

Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by stepo707: 12:51pm On May 26, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Do you know cheap schools in Australia for masters?
Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by bigfrancis21: 4:18am On May 27, 2017
stepo707:

Do you know cheap schools in Australia for masters?

No idea at all. I'm only conversant with schools in the US. Are you a medical doctor already? If yes, why not consider coming to the US?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by stepo707: 4:19am On May 27, 2017
bigfrancis21:

No idea at all. I'm only conversant with schools in the US. Are you a medical doctor already? If yes, why not consider coming to the US?
Naa an IT professional. thanks
Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 24, 2018
bigfrancis21:

hi. I'm considering coming to the US. we'll talk more as time goes on
Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by idu1(m): 12:34am On Mar 25, 2018
EmekaMD:
Philippines is a good destination.. Cheap tuition and all that.. I'm a medical student in southwestern school of medicine Cebu city Philippines..
what's the tuition fee per annum?
Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by JARUSHUB: 1:34am On Mar 25, 2018
MrsAnyanwu:

Check this:
http://www.jarushub.com/6-countries-you-can-study-at-top-universities-with-affordable-fees-and-minimal-immigration-hassles/

Not just affordable locations, but you have top (top 1000) rated schools there. Obtaining top class education at affordable rates, and they possess minimal immigration hassles.
Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by Gerrard59(m): 1:36am On Mar 25, 2018
EmekaMD:

Honestly, I don't see why a Nigerian should study anything talk more Medicine in the Philippines. Better Ghana or Kenya if one is looking for affordability.

#No offence.
Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by EmekaMD(m): 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2018
idu1:
Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by EmekaMD(m): 3:12pm On Mar 25, 2018
idu1:
depends on schools and programs.
If u wanna know about my own school and my own program (MD) u can send me personal mail
Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by EmekaMD(m): 3:14pm On Mar 25, 2018
Gerrard59:

Honestly, I don't see why a Nigerian should study anything talk more Medicine in the Philippines. Better Ghana or Kenya if one is looking for affordability.

#No offence.
what's ur basis?
Besides u didn't sound like you're asking so I don't think there's anything I have to prove to you.
Good luck on ur opinion
Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by Gerrard59(m): 5:04pm On Mar 25, 2018
EmekaMD:
what's ur basis?
Besides u didn't sound like you're asking so I don't think there's anything I have to prove to you.
Good luck on ur opinion

My basis is that Philippines doesn't have good schools.
Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by BenNash: 6:41pm On Mar 25, 2018
Gerrard59:

You know nothing bro.
I wonder why people just decide to talk out of ignorance.
I've never been to the Philippines and I don't plan to visit anytime soon but what I do know is that there are a lot of Americans that go to Philippines to study medicine and the number keeps growing every year.
A lot of qualified doctors and nurses in the u.s studied in Philippines because of the lower cost of studies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by Gerrard59(m): 7:28pm On Mar 25, 2018
BenNash:

You know nothing bro.
I wonder why people just decide to talk out of ignorance.
I've never been to the Philippines and I don't plan to visit anytime soon but what I do know is that there are a lot of Americans that go to Philippines to study medicine and the number keeps growing every year.
A lot of qualified doctors and nurses in the u.s studied in Philippines because of the lower cost of studies.

So mention one Filipino university in the top 1000 globally? Either the ARWU, QS or THE Times Education rankings.

I didn't argue it's not cheap. But I'd rather add up more money and go to Japan or even South Korea where the best schools in Asia are located than Philippines. Am I against anyone's plan to study in Philippines? No. But I won't advise anyone who desires a qualitative education at a top class institution and at affordable prices to head to Philippines.
Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by BenNash: 8:47pm On Mar 25, 2018
Gerrard59:

So mention one Filipino university in the top 1000 globally? Either the ARWU, QS or THE Times Education rankings.

I didn't argue it's not cheap. But I'd rather add up more money and go to Japan or even South Korea where the best schools in Asia are located than Philippines. Am I against anyone's plan to study in Philippines? No. But I won't advise anyone who desires a qualitative education at a top class institution and at affordable prices to head to Philippines.
I understand your point but there's a lot of points to consider when planning to study in a foreign country. I'll rather choose Philippines over those countries. Philippines is much cheaper and English is widely spoken in the Philippines. I wouldn't even dream of studying in Japan or Korea, as both Japanese and Korean are in the top 10 most difficult languages in world.
If you want to get a quality education in those countries, you need to learn their languages first. If you study in English in those countries, you'll be getting a substandard education.

1 Like

Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by Gerrard59(m): 10:15pm On Mar 25, 2018
BenNash:

I understand your point but there's a lot of points to consider when planning to study in a foreign country. I'll rather choose Philippines over those countries. Philippines is much cheaper and English is widely spoken in the Philippines. I wouldn't even dream of studying in Japan or Korea, as both Japanese and Korean are in the top 10 most difficult languages in world.
If you want to get a quality education in those countries, you need to learn their languages first. If you study in English in those countries, you'll be getting a substandard education.

Thanks for understanding me.

However, there is a system in Japan that allows the use of English in teaching students in Japan and South Korea.

@bolded: So you'll go to a country where there's no school in the top global 1000 of universities' rankings because they speak English? shocked

Yes, Philippines is cheaper, but relative to quality, it's expensive.

Regards.
Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by EmekaMD(m): 2:50am On Mar 26, 2018
Gerrard59:

sounds like a typical Nigerian. You're at home and yet knows what obtains in all countries.
Dude I'm not out to argue with you.
Jus a little tip.. Philippines educational system is rated very high by the worlds standard. Not even a single school in Nigeria can compare the worst school in the Philippines..
Get ur facts right before coming here to display ur ignorance.
Get on the internet and do some freaking research dude..
Bye

2 Likes

Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 2:53am On Mar 26, 2018
Gerrard59:

Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by Gerrard59(m): 8:04am On Mar 26, 2018
EmekaMD:
sounds like a typical Nigerian. You're at home and yet knows what obtains in all countries.
Dude I'm not out to argue with you.
Jus a little tip.. Philippines educational system is rated very high by the worlds standard. Not even a single school in Nigeria can compare the worst school in the Philippines..
Get ur facts right before coming here to display ur ignorance.
Get on the internet and do some freaking research dude..
Bye

I understand you must defend where you are spending your money, no problem with that. However, I'm not your typical Nigerian, and I reiterate, I won't advise anyone to study in Philippines for any reason - quality or affordability. If you need affordability, head to Japan, S.Korea or even South Africa.
Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by Bogechi09: 6:14pm On Jan 15, 2019
@emekamd pls can have your email address.I need to ask you some questions concerning your school
Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by Hahjascho(m): 2:24am On Nov 08, 2021
MrsAnyanwu:
Hello...did you later get any good offer?
Re: Studying Medicine And Surgery Abroad In A Relatively Cheap Country by Cousin9999: 5:06am On Nov 08, 2021
The Caribbean and Guyana. But I wouldn't call it cheap, just affordable. Plus you'll have a nice quality of life while studying. And the quality of education is comparable to the US.

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 English Most Speaking Cities In Nigeria / Re:list Of Schengen Countries / Welcome To Uturu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.