Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,962 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online (7179 Views)

26 Best Websites To Learn Incredibly Useful New Skills / Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria / We Are Seeking Online Tutors(Teach Skills Online) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by BiafranBushBoy: 7:45am On Mar 09, 2017
Forget about the overpriced training institutes located in the country. Do you know that there are over top 4 free websites to acquire skills online? These websites allow you to gain the necessary skills that can make the difference in your career and position you for top jobs when the time comes.

In one of the articles I wrote concerning “TOP SKILLS THAT LAND YOU A JOB”, I received a lot of emails asking where some of these skills could be learnt at a reduced or even at a free cost. I have decided to compile just the top 5 free websites that anyone can acquire such skills from at a FREE cost. You would find skills that range from Digital marketing to Programming to Article writing and so on.

The top 4 free websites to acquire skills online are;

Alison Courses

ALISON is an e-learning platform and an academy founded in Galway, Ireland in 2007 by Mike Feerick. It’s stated objective is to enable people to gain the basic education and workplace skills.

Alison is a world’s leading provider of free online courses with certificates. It is an online learning platform that allows you choose from a broad bank of courses in any area that interests you. Forget about the big money tag attached to lots of physical training. Alison free courses will enable you to develop expertise in any area you wish.

Before starting out my blog, I used Alison courses to learn more about digital marketing and it paid off well very much. Free courses offered on Alison courses includes

Language courses

Management courses

Digital Marketing

Programming

Article writing and lots more.

Instead of giving excuses on why you can’t afford a physical training due to its cost and others, it is advisable to pick up a free course and equip yourself with the latest selling skills.

Code Academy

Codeacademy is another online interactive platform that offers free coding classes in 12 various programming languages including Python, Java, PHP, JavaScript, Ruby, SQL and Sass. It also tutors students in markup languages like HTML and CSS.

If you ever had an interest in becoming a programmer or a web designer or even anything that has to do with coding, Codeacademy is where you have to be. Most of the training institutes charge a whole lot of money to transfer this knowledge down to interested participants. But with the help of this free learning platform, everything has become so easy.

Codeacademy offers a step to step guide in whatever aspect of coding you wish to learn. Ranging from building common websites to advanced programming, Codeacademy offers free courses for all of them. I built my first website using Codeacademy and the impact was delightful.

Youtube

Youtube to some people who needs to acquire skills online might be a perfect platform to kick start their skills acquisition. It is perfect for those who wish to learn theirs via video learning. Virtually everything you need to learn can be learnt via Youtube. One of the courses that are easy to be learnt via Youtube is Graphics design.

A friend recently clinched a contract with Etisalat network to create their next animation advert. When I asked him where he learnt how to do all that despite being a graduate of Agronomy, he said: “With Youtube, everything is possible.” Why waste data on various gossip sites, when you can use it to transform your personal abilities.

Flexylearn

Flexylearn is an online platform that offers free courses on various subjects. The uniqueness of this online platform is that it is mostly for professionals who are willing to advance their course. One of the hot selling course on this online platform is the FREE mini-MBA that is being offered for professionals and young graduates. Flexylearn offers flexible learning, anywhere and anytime with interactive contents. They are partners with top UK universities, which make their certificates and very interesting one. The free professional courses can be located on the free courses section of the website.

Recent surveys have put those with a skill in the pole position to clinch the available jobs in the country. Foreign countries only accept workers with special skills as conditions for immigration. Only a skill can change the fate of things today. We have seen the top 4 free websites to acquire skills online, so it boils down to you to take action. Thanks for reading and comment or observations would be appreciated.

You can like my facebook page @ www.facebook.com/topwritersden .

You can also add up the ones you know of... to enable other gain free knowledge.

Cc: lalasticlala dominique

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by spafu(m): 7:50am On Mar 09, 2017
Nice one.
Lalasticlala and Mynd44 come and see FP Resource oh! No be all these "Snake in the Monkey Shadow killed in my neighborhood" stories.
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by carzola(m): 8:15am On Mar 09, 2017
Op
Your forgot to add lindaikeji
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by do4luv14(m): 8:20am On Mar 09, 2017
Nice and thanks alot,
am a job seeker, an ssce holder,
ma only problem is i don't hav the money to subscribe so as to follow the sites learning tables,

its a very good opportunity indeed,

if you can help will be very grateful
. THANKS
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by cee001(m): 10:01am On Mar 09, 2017
I'm interested in coding....but I have virtually no background
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by BiafranBushBoy: 11:20am On Mar 09, 2017
do4luv14:
Nice and thanks alot,
ma only problem is i don't hav the money to subscribe so as to follow the sites learning tables,

. THANKS

I only paid for my certificates. The tutoring is free. If you wish to just learn... all those sites will offer you free tutoring.

All you need is just DATA from your network subscriber.
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by BiafranBushBoy: 11:21am On Mar 09, 2017
cee001:
I'm interested in coding....but I have virtually no background

You can start with HTML.

It doesn't require any prior knowledge.

It is simple to understand if you put your mind there.

Check out the site and see for yourself. smiley

Check codeacademy for any coding tutoring

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by BiafranBushBoy: 11:22am On Mar 09, 2017
carzola:
Op
Your forgot to add lindaikeji

Seriously? angry
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by do4luv14(m): 12:13pm On Mar 09, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

I only paid for my certificates. The tutoring is free. If you wish to just learn... all those sites will offer you free tutoring.

All you need is just DATA from your network subscriber.

days wat i mean, i don't hav money for data subscription
cause am still searching for job,

you might be wondering hw am even browsing and replying you now

its contestly of AIRTEL free basic browsing
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by jeff1607(m): 1:11pm On Mar 09, 2017
nice
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 09, 2017
@OP, thanks for sharing this.

I also find YouTube very helpful too.

There are almost no excuses for anyone willing to focus and work hard.

Cheers!
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by cee001(m): 5:32pm On Mar 09, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

You can start with HTML.

It doesn't require any prior knowledge.

It is simple to understand if you put your mind there.

Check out the site and see for yourself. smiley

Check codeacademy for any coding tutoring
thanks Bro. I am motivated.So u are suggesting I start up with codeacedemy?
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by cee001(m): 5:34pm On Mar 09, 2017
do4luv14:

days wat i mean, i don't hav money for data subscription
cause am still searching for job,

you might be wondering hw am even browsing and replying you now

its contestly of AIRTEL free basic browsing
Maybe u try night plans DAT go 4 just 25 naira
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by oluwayimika123: 7:19pm On Mar 09, 2017
do4luv14:
Nice and thanks alot,

. THANKS

Some people can be funny

After giving u tips on ow u can improve ur skills and knowledge u still want him 2 sub 4 u

I'm sure after subbing 4 u, u 'll still come bak 2 complain dre is power outage in ur area so he shld also buy u gen so d@ u can charge ur ba3.

4 Likes

Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by oluwayimika123: 7:24pm On Mar 09, 2017
Thanks Op ever since COURSERA stopped being free, I Ve actually been on D look out 4 ODA sites d@ run free online courses. This is really going to b helpful to me
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by flourishing(m): 7:32pm On Mar 09, 2017
@ biafranbushboy, thumbs up for this free resource. my question is what do you need to take full advantage of this free tutoring online, knowing that data is an essential necessity for this course. will any android phone with data plan pass or one must have an internet enabled laptop? thanks.
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by do4luv14(m): 7:39pm On Mar 09, 2017
oluwayimika123:

Some people can be funny

After giving u tips on ow u can improve ur skills and knowledge u still want him 2 sub 4 u

I'm sure after subbing 4 u, u 'll still come bak 2 complain dre is power outage in ur area so he shld also buy u gen so d@ u can charge ur ba3.

yes and you are the worst of dem presently,

i don't ask him to sub for me, actually has he help wich i ask abt is abt getting a JOB,
more over, nowhere did i asked him to sub for me ok,

. So park well well ogbeni
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by BiafranBushBoy: 8:43pm On Mar 09, 2017
flourishing:
@ biafranbushboy, thumbs up for this free resource. my question is what do you need to take full advantage of this free tutoring online, knowing that data is an essential necessity for this course. will any android phone with data plan pass or one must have an internet enabled laptop? thanks.

Thanks for your kind words.

Code academy and YouTube can be accessed via smartphones. I haven't tried using my smartphone with Alison.

You can just check them out tho.

Thanks.
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by BiafranBushBoy: 8:44pm On Mar 09, 2017
cee001:
thanks Bro. I am motivated.So u are suggesting I start up with codeacedemy?

Yeap.

Start with HTML.

I can also lend you some handouts and other resource materials.

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by BiafranBushBoy: 8:46pm On Mar 09, 2017
do4luv14:

yes and you are the worst of dem presently,

i don't ask him to sub for me, actually has he help wich i ask abt is abt getting a JOB,
more over, nowhere did i asked him to sub for me ok,

. So park well well ogbeni

I think you should check out the night plan of Airtel. Sleep during the day and study at Night.

God bless bro.
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by do4luv14(m): 8:52pm On Mar 09, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

I think you should check out the night plan of Airtel. Sleep during the day and study at Night.

God bless bro.

ya dats wat. av been doing,
but you cant cheat nature and it isn't everytime there ws lite during wee hours
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by izzou(m): 9:34pm On Mar 09, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Yeap.

Start with HTML.

Please am interested in coding. I would appreciate if you send me the resource materials

Please
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by GoldenJulius(m): 9:46pm On Mar 09, 2017
Op make i add one www.gcflearnfree.org A very resourceful site for learning.
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by Donniefred(m): 9:50pm On Mar 09, 2017
You forgot to add

Cousera (Not free)
Udemy(Not free but i have free coupons)
Lynda.com (Not free but I can get you a premium account)
W3school(Free -for coding)
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by CellTabRepairs: 10:51pm On Mar 09, 2017
And number 5...through a great book resource designed specifically to train...

Most of these industry giants just make fun of young talented youths with long running recruitment process stretching 1 year or more and end up selecting few...sometimes as few as 2 or 3 per role. How frustrating WAITING...waiting while life and money pass you by? No. You can still wait smartly. Moreover, destiny helpers will meet you on a job that guarantees you face to face meet ups with the men of means! #fix high end devices ...

9 months is a cycle of life. 9 months to year end. In 3 Months depending on your speed, you will command money with this resource. Yes!
Are you looking for a source of daily income stream? Look no further!. Lost your job? Retired? Tired of working for someone? Student, but need money source? Want to change business? LEARN SMARTPHONES REPAIRS Today! Very lucrative venture for anyone. Low startup capital - high RETURNS! In high demand! Your main CAPITAL IS KNOWLEDGE & SKILL! Join the winners!

Click My Name & View That Resource You Might Need! Don't wait until the whole year runs out and your hair is graying before you realise you need to take your destiny in your hands!
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by youngsahito(m): 11:06pm On Mar 09, 2017
izzou:

Please am interested in coding. I would appreciate if you send me the resource materials

Please
am also interested too but don't have any idea on how to start
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by Ichel: 11:45pm On Mar 09, 2017
Nice one Op.
Khanacademy should be there and Duolingo for ur language courses, learnt spanish and improved my french with them.
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by cornelin(m): 12:06am On Mar 10, 2017
am also interested in learning HTML. Pls can u send me the resource material?
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by cee001(m): 12:24am On Mar 10, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Yeap.

Start with HTML.

Bro I started out on codacedemy and was able to complete unit 1 I.e HTML fundamentals. I must say,it was fun.Although, along the way things started getting hot which made me take a break. I must confess that coding ain't a child's play, but I'm determined. Thanks again.
One more thing; Does codeacademy offer certificate of completion coz I didn't come across such...
I don't mind @ bolded
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by BiafranBushBoy: 12:29am On Mar 10, 2017
cee001:
Bro I started out on codacedemy and was able to complete unit 1 I.e HTML fundamentals. I must say,it was fun.Although, along the way things started getting hot which made me take a break. I must confess that coding ain't a child's play, but I'm determined. Thanks again.
One more thing; Does codeacademy offer certificate of completion coz I didn't come across such...
I don't mind @ bolded

Yeap. I am pretty sure they do.

maybe for premium courses.

I will check it out. I won't request for your details.. to avoid the wrath of the anti-spam bot. Probably I will find a way to pass it across.

I will keep in touch when I am done.

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by BiafranBushBoy: 12:36am On Mar 10, 2017
youngsahito:
am also interested too but don't have any idea on how to start

Have you checked out the sites?

Check them out. HTML is the simplest of them... it helps build a foundation.
Re: Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online by BiafranBushBoy: 12:50am On Mar 10, 2017
izzou:

Please

http://topwritersden.com/top-4-free-websites-acquire-skills-online/

Go to the bottom of the page and just download it. It is not much in size at all. It is even in Kilobytes.

It is my lecture manual. I use it to tutor my students.

(1) (2) (Reply)

These Companies Are Curently Recuiting / EXPOSED: The Lagos Hawker Who Makes One Million Naira Monthly. / OANDO Assessment Invite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.