Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

What Certifications Should I Enrol For As A Fresh Chemical Engineering Grad - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Certifications Should I Enrol For As A Fresh Chemical Engineering Grad (14533 Views)

Advice A Fresh Chemical Engineering Graduate / What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? / Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Certifications Should I Enrol For As A Fresh Chemical Engineering Grad by mizmia: 10:45pm On Mar 12, 2017
harffie:
I'd like to know the price boss..Tnx
It costs ,$178
Re: What Certifications Should I Enrol For As A Fresh Chemical Engineering Grad by harffie(m): 5:10am On Mar 13, 2017
mizmia:

It costs ,$178
Aiit bro
That's 56k at 1$=314.45Naira
Duration of course and how it's administered.... I mean is it only weekends or how?
Re: What Certifications Should I Enrol For As A Fresh Chemical Engineering Grad by Nobody: 5:54am On Mar 13, 2017
stonekc:
bro do u know where i can learn welding nd fabrication in lagos

Not really bro, but am very sure there must be a good place. Ask around bro.
Re: What Certifications Should I Enrol For As A Fresh Chemical Engineering Grad by mizmia: 6:34am On Mar 13, 2017
harffie:

Aiit bro
That's 56k at 1$=314.45Naira
Duration of course and how it's administered.... I mean is it only weekends or how?
Send me a pm
Re: What Certifications Should I Enrol For As A Fresh Chemical Engineering Grad by prinzeepule(m): 9:57am On Apr 20, 2017
markovnikoff001:
Please read what I have to write very carefully.

Do you need certfications? Maybe. They look good on your CV but that is usually as far as it goes. Employers know people run around getting these certifications with no competency whatsoever in the discipline and pay very little attention to them. And you can't just go around amassing certifications, like getting both an HSE and a NACE certificate (implying you want be both an HSE engineer and a corrosion engineer). It shows the employer you don't know what you want and are just "seeking employment"
You may join professional organisations like NSChe, NSE, SPE etc. Those may come in handy and some jobs (not many though) require you to be a member of at least one of these before they consider you for employment.

Now, to what you should be directing great energy to as a fresh graduate. Please become a Master of the latest versions of the following:
1. Microsoft Word: A lot of reports are written in this format and you shall be writing a lot of those regularly.
2. Microsoft Excel: Forget about the elementary calculations you executed in Excel while you were at school; you have to go a thousand steps further and improve your mastery of this tool. Take it apart and put it together again, until you understand its innermost workings.
3. Microsoft Powerpoint: This is the the go-to software for presentations. It is arguably the easiest to Master of all the Microsoft Office tools.
4. Microsoft Project: Project schedules and progress tracking are developed with this tool. Regardless of what industry you find yourself at the end of the day you will have use for this.
5. Microsoft Outlook: Aha! Emails!! The ubiquitous tool for communication in the office and field environments. Learn all the intricate details of this tool for you shall be making use of this on a daily basis, every single day.

For the Technical requirements,
For a Chemical Engineer, your expertise on P&IDs should be top-notch. How good are your P&ID skills? Not too good, I am sure. Not to worry. Download a book, go online, speak to people with experience; do anything and everything to improve this skill.
Other softwares you may want to learn are HYSYS and PIPEPHASE.

And please learn how to listen and respond to what you were listening to. This is a serious issue during job interviews. People tend to provide responses to some voices in their heads and flunk the interviews altogether.

I am assuming your spoken English is it should be for a Chemical Engineering graduate, so I won't dwell on that.

Follow these few pointers and you shall increase your employability by a factor of 10.
Good thing is these skills are still useful even if you choose to run your own company.

Thanks boss
Re: What Certifications Should I Enrol For As A Fresh Chemical Engineering Grad by mstemmy(f): 9:53am On Dec 08, 2017
I'm a chemical engineering graduate, i had my siwes in a depot, i was in the laboratory, worked with the quality control officer, it was quite interesting for me, i love the experience and I would like to be a professional quality control officer, apart from my B. eng certifcate, I have got no othet certifications for it... my question is how do I go about it, I joined spe before I graduated too..... what are the steps i will have to take to be a quality control officer I'm quality unemployed so I need skills and certifications that would increase my chances of being employed
Re: What Certifications Should I Enrol For As A Fresh Chemical Engineering Grad by CallmeLucy(m): 8:13am On Jul 12, 2018
Please do you have access to Aspen Hysy or plus that can work on a Windows 10 PC
obayaya:
HSE
ISO 9001 certification
Proficiency is MS Excel, Mathlab, Aspen HYSYS, Aspen Plus and any other chemical engineering package you can find.
Re: What Certifications Should I Enrol For As A Fresh Chemical Engineering Grad by dgee1(m): 1:27pm On Mar 07, 2019
KwoiZabo:
I am a Chemical Engr. I am working as a welding Inspector in a Fabrication Company. I have certifications in Welding Inspection, NACE (corrosion & coating), NDT - PCN & ASNT. ISO lead Auditor & NISP Safety cert. 2 & 3. I hope to complete my NSE & COREN reg this year. I things works fine, I hope to start my own company in 5 years & start creating jobs. We must build our country.

Hello bro,

please i want to go for the NACE training, could you please guide me on how to go about it. Thank you
Re: What Certifications Should I Enrol For As A Fresh Chemical Engineering Grad by SammieRexx(m): 3:35am On Mar 16, 2020
KwoiZabo:
I am a Chemical Engr. I am working as a welding Inspector in a Fabrication Company. I have certifications in Welding Inspection, NACE (corrosion & coating), NDT - PCN & ASNT. ISO lead Auditor & NISP Safety cert. 2 & 3. I hope to complete my NSE & COREN reg this year. I things works fine, I hope to start my own company in 5 years & start creating jobs. We must build our country.
I want to do NACE....which institution do the training here in Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Nairalander Needs You To Proffer Solutions Regarding Her Career Issues / LPPC Shortlists 130 Lawyers For Award Of SAN Rank / What Was Your Childhood Ambition And Which Work Are You Doing Now? (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.