Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review (8351 Views)

Mi Tribe A500 Replacement Battery / Mi Tribe A500 Replacement Battery Urgent / Mi-tribe A500 Phone FOR 20,300 Needs Help On The Phone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by Tobisiano: 7:55am On Jun 05, 2017
uchia1982:
It's a mid-range phone. Not that powerful but still nice phone.
Hi Uchia, thanks for the feedback but it still doesn't answer the question. Sorry for the bother, just need to know which is a better buy. Cheers
Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by ryfoz(m): 3:28am On Jun 09, 2017
Tobisiano:

Is it a better buy than tecno l8 lite, sorry if it sounds funny.... #justasking... Need to know which to get. Cheers

I can't say anything with certainty but the difference is l8 has bigger ba3 Dan d mi-tribe while mi-tribe clearly beats it in speed operations so if it were up to me to choose preference it will always be the mi-tribe x

That's my only comment sir
Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by Degereji(m): 2:44am On Jun 14, 2017
HELLO GUY NICE REVIEWS RIGHT NOW I NEED YOUR HELP....I BRICKED MY DEVICE CAN YOU PLEASE HELP BACKUP UP YOUR OS AND SEND MR YOUR PRELOADER.BIN FILE PLSSSS........OR IS THERE ANY WHERE YOU KNOW OF I CAN GET ITS CUSTOM ROM?

THANKS
Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by ryfoz(m): 2:14pm On Jun 14, 2017
Degereji:
HELLO GUY NICE REVIEWS RIGHT NOW I NEED YOUR HELP....I BRICKED MY DEVICE CAN YOU PLEASE HELP BACKUP UP YOUR OS AND SEND MR YOUR PRELOADER.BIN FILE PLSSSS........OR IS THERE ANY WHERE YOU KNOW OF I CAN GET ITS CUSTOM ROM?

THANKS

Hmmmmm...I'm sorry you bricked ur device but is it the same mi-tribe x like mine?

If Yes, how did you root it? And how did you take backup?

Why I am asking this is when I was trying to root it ehn, it gave me serious tough time to root successfully but I was never able to use superuser which is the only way to take the ROM backup (with the help of some apps sha)

And I would Ike you to drop ur WhatsApp digits (if u av any oda fone to use for chat) so we can talk better

But I would strongly suggest you start preparing to take it to the office for full repair without any complications
Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by Degereji(m): 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2017
ryfoz:

Hmmmmm...I'm sorry you bricked ur device but is it the same mi-tribe x like mine?

Why I am asking this is when I was trying to root it ehn, it gave me serious tough time to root successfully but I was never able to use superuser which is the only way to take the ROM backup (with the help of some apps sha)

And I would Ike you to drop ur WhatsApp digits (if u av any oda fone to use for chat) so we can talk better

But I would strongly suggest you start preparing to take it to the office for full repair without any complications

Waiting for your txt bro...... I'll. Tell you everthing about how i rooted it safely..
Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by Degereji(m): 12:23pm On Jun 15, 2017
Still waiting for your txt on whatsapp bro...
Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by Degereji(m): 6:13pm On Jun 17, 2017
ryfoz:

plss text me on whatsapp or flash me I have dropped my number since.....and yest I am using same mitribe as yours.......the model that has flashled beneath the camera not besides

Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by ryfoz(m): 4:06pm On Jun 18, 2017
Degereji:
Still waiting for your txt on whatsapp bro...

Sorry for late reply, I have sent u a msg on WhatsApp. I don't usually come to this thread when I am online is the reason my response is slow.
Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by SirdimayG(m): 9:46pm On Jun 18, 2017
ryfoz:
My tribe x review

I thank God I was able to create time out of my hectic weekly schedules to write this review.

NOTE: This is hands-on review
2. It is as I saw or experienced that I wrote this down (so other users may argue at one area or another)

So let's go into it.

Let me start by introducing the phone, it is called mi-tribe a500s (a.k.a mi-tribe x) also known to be the big broda of the mi-tribe a500

I bought it from Konga (which happens to be the exclusive seller of it [even co-manufacturer sef] that I know of. And by bought I meant got it in exchange for my voucher of a particular return(long story). Price was N30,500 (in dis double-double increase economy of ours, I thought "was" might be a good word to use)

So let me say truthfully that my impression of the device while checking it on Konga website wasn't that good and I happen to have gotten wrong info from some blogs or whatever-they-call-themselves e.g I thought the gpu was mali 400 (which would be very low and backward for me cos I had vowed to upgrade from craps. (I know this brand is not particularly LG or Samsung or Sony, LOL pls pardon me o) and I couldn't get the true DPI details anywhere.

So long story short it turns out that the phone surprised me a lot. I got my package, took it home, EAGERLY opened it up, checked out the accessories which includes a 1A 3-pin white charger + a white USB cable (which is a silver pin by the way - it means it can't be used for connecting to pc for transfer), white earphones (flat cable type not round) and an informative manual.

It charged full in less than 2 hours (with generator because PHCN or Ikeja Electricity fall my hand that day) cos d ba3 was at 60% already then I installed my cpu-z (android info-revealer) from my 32GB SD backup then I began to open my eyes as I saw the following 'goody goody' of the phone

THE BASIC SPECS ARE:

>1.36ghz octa-core (8 cores) [primary reason of purchase]

>Dual micro-SIM slots + plus sd card as well (no worries for exchanging SIM for sd)

>5.0" HD LCD DISPLAY (720x1280)

>Android 5.1

>16GB ROM

>2GB RAM

>2000 mah removable battery. (Not so bad)

>13mp Auto focus back camera/5mp front camera with a LED notification (which really surprised me)

>And finally SD card upto 32GB (lucky me cos that's just what I have)

THE EXTRA UNTOLD AND UNADVERTISED SPECS ARE:

* The LED notification light (I know it's no biggie but it's rare in mid-range devices). Red for charging or low battery at below 15% or sms and green for upto 90% and above while charging and blue is for Facebook notifications (which I rarely have time for, stubborn app!)

* and the GPU is Mali-450 MP (I was like "oshey" ShadowGun plays very smoothly and fast)

* The DPI is 320 (pretty higher than some overpriced not-to-be-named brands flooding our market) Mhen! I love the display o!

* File storage capacity is 11.99GB (approximately 12GB, which is pretty cool)

* HotKnot Technology (the big broda of wifi sharing)

* Smart operation (in the settings) a.k.a Smart gestures: double tap home to sleep, double tap screen to wake, 3 finger swipe down/up for screenshot (I love this [no need for gravity box then])

* Option to swap the function of the back key for the recent key (dope! Another mouth-watering reason for not needing gravity box)

* I would love to state the 3 touch buttons lit only when pressed and goes off in about 5 secs and are SUPER RESPONSIVE (probably because the RAM is doing its job well)

*And lastly the camera shots are pretty good for me, at least when I pitched it against the infinix hot 2 camera it won hands down and against the gionee F103 pro it was a bit of a tie (the gionee F103 pro camera na stubborn something)

* This phone has the same smart gesture and cores as the infinix Note 3 and I can say from pitching it together in speed test that it was a tie too, meaning only the battery 4500mah and camera is the edge the Infinix Note 3 has over it (and maybe the GPU too, LOL)

Mehn.. Bro u fall my hand o. Y can't you go for leagoo m8 or m8pro

Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by SirdimayG(m): 9:55pm On Jun 18, 2017
SirdimayG:

Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by Milo30(m): 6:48am On Jun 19, 2017
For such a powerful processor, the battery seems awfully low.
Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by ryfoz(m): 5:30pm On Jun 19, 2017
SirdimayG:

1st of, I didn't see any leagoo on konga site while i was searching for a replacement of my return

2ndly, I think I am okay with a device having repair center within my reach - Lagos not some far-away-shipped-to-Nigeria product without any hope of repair should it get damaged or in need of body parts

3. It is a very good buy for me regardless of any alternative in its price range

But tnx 4 ur suggestion
Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by ryfoz(m): 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2017
Milo30:
For such a powerful processor, the battery seems awfully low.

No machine is 100% effective but in dis case i would use "satisfactory"

I love it just the way it is - though a higher ba3 capacity would have nailed it
Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by Milo30(m): 7:09pm On Jun 19, 2017
ryfoz:

No machine is 100% effective but in dis case i would use "satisfactory"

I love it just the way it is - though a higher ba3 capacity would have nailed it
Unless you are an average user, just buy a good power bank and carry your charger always. I'm a heavy user, hence my opinion.
Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by SirdimayG(m): 7:41pm On Jun 19, 2017
Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by ryfoz(m): 11:12pm On Jul 03, 2017
Milo30:

Unless you are an average user, just buy a good power bank and carry your charger always. I'm a heavy user, hence my opinion.

Hmmm...insightful advice, well for the record I live where there is almost 24/7 light but on the plus side I have a 12,000 mah jua energy power bank and another good 20,000 mah power bank (So I'm covered all through a week).
Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by ryfoz(m): 11:16pm On Jul 03, 2017
I think this thread deserves this pix below
My latest breakthrough on the mi a500s... grin - the status bar tweak applied cool

Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by ryfoz(m): 4:42pm On Aug 10, 2017
Batman mode...

Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by ryfoz(m): 4:48am On Aug 18, 2017
uploading sake...

Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by ryfoz(m): 5:42am On Sep 12, 2017
Tobisiano:

Is it a better buy than tecno l8 lite, sorry if it sounds funny.... #justasking... Need to know which to get. Cheers

I didn't see this until today. I prefer it to tecno l8 lite, it's a matter of speed vs battery
Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by ryfoz(m): 8:56am On Sep 20, 2017
New look...

Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by phtomay(m): 1:29pm On Sep 30, 2017
funmey:
Please i just bought one and wish to say the battery drains fast... Please where is their office so that I can get a battery replacement
Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by ryfoz(m): 2:03am On Oct 07, 2017
Antutu benchmark score...

Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by phtomay(m): 4:59pm On Oct 09, 2017
Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by ryfoz(m): 10:40pm On Oct 22, 2017
New look cool

Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by ryfoz(m): 7:32am On Oct 23, 2017
Testing bold
Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by shuggah(m): 1:06pm On Oct 26, 2017
Can i tweak or rather root a vivo smartphone and change d 3G settings?
Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by ryfoz(m): 10:05pm On Oct 27, 2017
shuggah:
Can i tweak or rather root a vivo smartphone and change d 3G settings?

State phone model number, chipset type and os
Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by shuggah(m): 7:42am On Oct 28, 2017
ryfoz:

State phone model number, chipset type and os
Vivoy17t, O. S android 4.2.2, what do u mean by chipset?
Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by ryfoz(m): 8:09am On Oct 28, 2017
shuggah:
Vivoy17t, O. S android 4.2.2, what do u mean by chipset?
like Mediatek or Snapdragon
Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by ryfoz(m): 8:12am On Oct 28, 2017
i have found the specs online, I will look into it
Re: Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review by ryfoz(m): 8:16am On Oct 28, 2017
ryfoz:
i have found the specs online, I will look into it

find oneclickroot apk (screenshot below) or kingroot 4.1.0

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Use Whatsapp (or Any Other Mobile Phone App) On Your Pc/mac / How To Unlock A Phone Without The Security Code.:! / WOW OTA Software Update For Infinix Hot 2.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.