Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,198 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Can I Ask For Salary Raise....please Advise Needed - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can I Ask For Salary Raise....please Advise Needed (712 Views)

Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? / Top 5 Financial Mistakes To Avoid When You Get A Salary Raise / Monthly House Rent Payment In Lagos For Salary Earners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Ask For Salary Raise....please Advise Needed by waluga(m): 10:05am On Mar 10, 2017
I been working with this firm for going to a year (will be a year by May)..but the take home have not been encouraging based on the economic situation of the country, rise in price of everything from transportation to food stuff...though am not the only one in this situation but as the say goes......."my case is different'' i think cos my tfare alone is something else, tfare from tollgate-otta to isolo no be beans...which take almost 30% of my salary take home....i have talk to our OM about it who happen to be my brother(which is another case that has been drawing me back to voice out), but all he could say his dat the situation of the country is of no concern to the company.. but now i think i cant take it any more....but i will need u guys advice on this, should i go ahead to send a mail to my country manager or just lay low till they do another of there 7% increment, which is not sure to come sooner and cant still solve the issue, to that i already receive one of that last year but it make no diff even it cant pay for my tfare within 2weeks...thanks as yuh put in ur advice............be blessed
Re: Can I Ask For Salary Raise....please Advise Needed by Cutehector(m): 10:07am On Mar 10, 2017
First of all ask yourself why you derserve a raise.. Cuz if I happen to be the manager and u give me economic recession as a reason I will just sack you without pay sef.. Then you will now tell me whether you are the only person in this country that the recession is affecting

2 Likes

Re: Can I Ask For Salary Raise....please Advise Needed by thesicilian: 10:10am On Mar 10, 2017
If you think you deserve a raise, then go ahead and demand for it politely.

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask For Salary Raise....please Advise Needed by pat1612(m): 10:38am On Mar 10, 2017
You dont deserve a pay hike as recession or your t fare is non of company's business and company gives increment as per rules.i hope you know you are not only one suffering in your company their will be other people getting far lesser salary then you.
Also your manager who happens to be your brother has given you a sound advice as he knows company better than you.
But still if you wanna go ahead and mail please do it but keep one thing in mind in corporate world everything is replaceable and they will find some one to do your job at lesser pay.
Choice is your's and advice is mine keep working hard find better paying job as saying goes love your job and not your company angry angry
For your info i run a company and if my employee gives me that reason i will tell him to pack up. You are replaceable tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask For Salary Raise....please Advise Needed by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 10, 2017
lol pat
Re: Can I Ask For Salary Raise....please Advise Needed by waluga(m): 11:07am On Mar 10, 2017
uhmmmmm undecided cool
Re: Can I Ask For Salary Raise....please Advise Needed by Larryjay4u: 12:51pm On Mar 10, 2017
You reason is just so laughable. Do you think the company is not affected by the recession? You may end up digging your own grave (sack) if you write anything.

And if it finally happens, know that your brother (company OM) will not pity you at all. Do not come here to tell us that your brother is wicked and couldn't do anything when your case is self inflicted.

Sincerely I don't have any sorry for you. 30% of your salary for tfare mean that you are earning above 50k. U need to go back to job market and learn the hard way
Re: Can I Ask For Salary Raise....please Advise Needed by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
If you think you deserve a raise, then go ahead..

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask For Salary Raise....please Advise Needed by ojun50(m): 2:42pm On Mar 15, 2017
U better think well befor u get drop, bt op u dey try see where u dey take go work.
Re: Can I Ask For Salary Raise....please Advise Needed by waluga(m): 2:44pm On Mar 15, 2017
ojun50:
U better think well befor u get drop, bt op u dey try see where u dey take go work.
abi now wetin man go do now.....thats the most available
Re: Can I Ask For Salary Raise....please Advise Needed by waluga(m): 2:46pm On Mar 15, 2017
thanks to everyone...for those who take there time to throw a jab and put out somfin...and to those who sincerely give there indepth opinion...be blessed
Re: Can I Ask For Salary Raise....please Advise Needed by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
waluga
Re: Can I Ask For Salary Raise....please Advise Needed by waluga(m): 3:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
ymee:
waluga

yeah....who know am
Re: Can I Ask For Salary Raise....please Advise Needed by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
waluga:

yeah....who know am
listen very carefully
Re: Can I Ask For Salary Raise....please Advise Needed by waluga(m): 3:46pm On Mar 15, 2017
ymee:

listen very carefully
speak freely oooooooooo
Re: Can I Ask For Salary Raise....please Advise Needed by spill(m): 3:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
Improve your skills before you ask for salary increment. There must be a reason for increment and economic recession is not a good reason for that.

(1) (Reply)

ABB Nigeria Limited Latest Recruitment (3 Vacant Positions) / Finance Analyst GSK / Urgent!!! Urgent!!! Urgent!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.