Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? (1559 Views)

Girls Show Less Interest In Mathematics – Presidency / 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics / 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 10, 2017
After writing utme for three years, i decide to go for a less competitive course this year, so as not to lose this year's admission. I initially wanted to go for an engineering course but i'm jilting that for mathematics now. i can cope with anything that has to do with calculations. So, experts in the house (most especially those with a degree in mathematics), i will like to know how far it has taken you. Come in and share your stories!
Re: What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? by emperorBiggie: 9:36pm On Mar 10, 2017
lemme book space

1 Like

Re: What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 10, 2017
Mathematicians please you all are needed here
Re: What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 11, 2017
many views and no contribution yet
Re: What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 11, 2017
In Nigeria, first thing to note is that with some connection, luck, commonsense and willingness to learn, you can work ANYWHERE.

That said, mathematicans do work in various fields most prominent of them being lecturing.

1 Like

Re: What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 11, 2017
SirWere:
In Nigeria, first thing to note is that with some connection, luck, commonsense and willingness to learn, you can work ANYWHERE.

That said, mathematicans do work in various fields most prominent of them being lecturing.
Thanks for your contribution sir! If I may ask, how do one become a lecturer in nigeria? i mean what are the necessary minimum requirements one must have to become a lecturer?
Re: What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 11, 2017
Cc: Thankyoujesus
Re: What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? by Profandie(m): 6:48pm On Mar 11, 2017
Minimum requirements of becoming a lecturer in mathematics (or in any course) :
Bachelor of Science Mathematics
Master of science mathematics and
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) mathematics
All these with God's help and you are good to go
Re: What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 11, 2017
Profandie:
Minimum requirements of becoming a lecturer in mathematics (or in any course) :
Bachelor of Science Mathematics
Master of science mathematics and
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) mathematics
All these with God's help and you are good to go
Thanks for your contribution bro!

1 Like

Re: What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 8:24pm On Mar 11, 2017
Opportunities are endless for you should you go through with your plan to study for a degree in Mathematics trust me.
Follow this thread. It'll help you.
https://www.nairaland.com/3360699/intend-make-first-class-bsc.ed
Re: What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 11, 2017
Kenny4lyfe:
Opportunities are endless for you should you go through with your plan to study for a degree in Mathematics trust me.
Follow this thread. It'll help you.
https://www.nairaland.com/3360699/intend-make-first-class-bsc.ed
Thanks man!
Re: What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? by Profandie(m): 9:07pm On Mar 11, 2017
CondomSir:
Thanks for your contribution bro!
Welcome
I presently teach matematics in a private school
Maths sweet o
Re: What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 11, 2017
Profandie:

Welcome
I presently teach matematics in a private school
Maths sweet o
Very Well! How abt the pay, does it compensate the effort? are you looking up to becoming a lecturer someday?
Re: What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? by thankyouJesus(m): 8:39am On Mar 12, 2017
CondomSir:
After writing utme for three years, i decide to go for a less competitive course this year, so as not to lose this year's admission. I initially wanted to go for an engineering course but i'm jilting that for mathematics now. i can cope with anything that has to do with calculations. So, experts in the house (most especially those with a degree in mathematics), i will like to know how far it has taken you. Come in and share your stories!
1. "Mathematics is not just all about calculation", it is more than that.
2. Mathematics is not a lesser course to Engr courses.

cc Tanimola22
Ajalekoko
xfire
jarus
detju
benbuks
mathefaro
Re: What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 12, 2017
thankyouJesus:

1. "Mathematics is not just all about calculation", it is more than that.
2. Mathematics is not a lesser course to Engr courses.

cc Tanimola22
Ajalekoko
xfire
jarus
detju
benbuks
mathefaro
This is not what i mean bro. I just observed that more candidates apply to study engineering courses than mathematics, thus making engineering more competitive in terms of gaining admission into the university. This does not in any way make mathematics inferior to engineering. Even though Mathematics is more than just calculations, i guess falling in love with calculations right from secondary school is a step forward in excelling in mathematics in the university? Please educate me! I intend to study mathematics at the University Of Ibadan this year.
Re: What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? by mathefaro(m): 10:32pm On Mar 13, 2017
CondomSir:
This is not what i mean bro. I just observed that more candidates apply to study engineering courses than mathematics, thus making engineering more competitive in terms of gaining admission into the university. This does not in any way make mathematics inferior to engineering. Even though Mathematics is more than just calculations, i guess falling in love with calculations right from secondary school is a step forward in excelling in mathematics in the university? Please educate me! I intend to study mathematics at the University Of Ibadan this year.
hmm! It's not just your love of secondary school mathematics that will ensure that you excel in the course at the tertiary level o my brother, it's your level of reasoning and endurance(never die attitude). By the way, when it comes to admission, you're right, mathematics is less competitive when compared with engineering. Nevertheless, you need to think it through very well before you settle for mathematics.
My 2cent
Re: What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? by Livebygrace: 9:26am On Mar 14, 2017
CondomSir:

Maths in UI no be beans ooo, my brother. They can frustrate ur destiny. But above all, u have to be highly rugged to excell in that dept. Make sure u build ur CGPA from 100level.
Re: What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? by Magicc: 11:28am On Mar 14, 2017
A career in Mathematics is beautiful. I will advise that you know learn your mathematics well, you learn how to program with Excel, SQL and Mathlab and you learn about big data analytics. In summary, learn mathematics and programming.

CondomSir:
Re: What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? by Champella(m): 2:55pm On Mar 14, 2017
It is obvious you love Engineering. Instead of going for another course, i suggest you choose a less competitive University preferably, a State University.

Also, take your time to find out the amounts charged currently in some of these Universities for the following:
* Acceptance fee
* School fees
* Hostel fees
* Other fees

Get in touch with some students of the school through this platform, whatsapp or on facebook.

Some schools admit more than 100 students in each Engineering department. Good luck!
Re: What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 15, 2017
mathefaro:
hmm! It's not just your love of secondary school mathematics that will ensure that you excel in the course at the tertiary level o my brother, it's your level of reasoning and endurance(never die attitude). By the way, when it comes to admission, you're right, mathematics is less competitive when compared with engineering. Nevertheless, you need to think it through very well before you settle for mathematics.
My 2cent
Thanks so much for your contribution bro! I believe no matter how tall a mountain is, with passion and endurance, one can climb it to the top. Btw I guess there is no course in the university that is really easy(most esp in naija) and everyone needs that "never die attitude" to excel in what they have chosen to do.
Re: What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 15, 2017
Livebygrace:

Maths in UI no be beans ooo, my brother. They can frustrate ur destiny. But above all, u have to be highly rugged to excell in that dept. Make sure u build ur CGPA from 100level.
Thanks so much for this insight bro. I'll definitely prepare for the challenges ahead. Are you are student of mathematics in UI?
Re: What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 15, 2017
Magicc:
A career in Mathematics is beautiful. I will advise that you know learn your mathematics well, you learn how to program with Excel, SQL and Mathlab and you learn about big data analytics. In summary, learn mathematics and programming.

Thanks a lot for this!
Re: What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
Champella:
It is obvious you love Engineering. Instead of going for another course, i suggest you choose a less competitive University preferably, a State University.

Also, take your time to find out the amounts charged currently in some of these Universities for the following:
* Acceptance fee
* School fees
* Hostel fees
* Other fees

Get in touch with some students of the school through this platform, whatsapp or on facebook.

Some schools admit more than 100 students in each Engineering department. Good luck!
Thanks for this Sir!
Re: What Does A Career In Mathematics Hold For The Future? by mathefaro(m): 7:02am On Mar 19, 2017
CondomSir:
Thanks so much for your contribution bro! I believe no matter how tall a mountain is, with passion and endurance, one can climb it to the top. Btw I guess there is no course in the university that is really easy(most esp in naija) and everyone needs that "never die attitude" to excel in what they have chosen to do.
With experience, I can tell you authoritatively that not all courses need the same level tenacity and dogged nature as you would need for mathematics(especially in UI), I studied computer science and more studying mathematics so I know what I mean. It's true that no course is easy but some courses are just relatively easier than the others

(1) (Reply)

How To Study On Low Tuition In Denmark For International Students / List Of Schools Whose Post Utme 2018/2019 Form Are Out. CHECK HERE / Best 10 Law Faculties In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.