Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Annoying Beggars - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Annoying Beggars (408 Views)

Photos Of Beautiful Child Beggars In Calabar Go Viral / Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG / Six Most Annoying Things the so-called "Big Boys" Do. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Annoying Beggars by sleej: 9:25am On Mar 11, 2017
I've never seen a beggar as aggressive as this one. He begs with skill, passion and attitude like that of a sales man. If his begging energy is channeled toward any good cause, I bet you he must be successful. Very successful!

It beats me how begging has become a job and done strategically. Personally I'm not against helping someone but extortion? God hates it!. How can someone be known for begging for ten years on a particular spot?? Is it a job? Maybe he's acquiring experience... Now, I'm not referring to the "disabled" or "physically challenged" ( they too can read and be inspired), I'm talking to that man who has functional legs, hands and eyes yet hang around busstops. Some years ago, a woman walked up to me and asked that I help her with transport fare to Agege from Oshodi she looked stranded, I pitied her and shared the N200 I had on me. As she opened her purse to give me "change" of N100, Lo! I saw stack of money. Extortion!

These days, I noticed a common trend. A beggar has his own space, like a domain- another beggar dare not encroach in. About 10 meter from the other. They are constantly developing survival skills to match up economic condition which is evident in their begging process. The recent one was with a "lawma" woman asking me to give her money to buy water early morning. And I wonder why?? Friends confirmed there are corporate beggars but I've not really encountered them. I won't be surprised if they attend customer service training to strategically enhance their business kills, especially now that recession has eating deep in to good Nigerians' pocket. The rate of giving has plummeted. Sometimes, I think aloud " do these guys have shame or don't they have neighbours who see them??"

God help us all! I rest my thoughts and experience!

(1) (Reply)

Nestle Training / Mohits Inspired Me To Greatness , Says Wizkid... / Obama Reign Supreme As US House Of Representatives Upholds Obamacare ACA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.