Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,241 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Should I Study Mechanical Engineering In The University? Any Advise? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Study Mechanical Engineering In The University? Any Advise? (1584 Views)

Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise / Latest Job Vacancies In A Civil, Architectural N Mechanical Engineering Company / Thinking About Taking A Marketing Job, Any Advise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Study Mechanical Engineering In The University? Any Advise? by ovoP(m): 11:22am On Mar 11, 2017
I have always pondered on which engineering field to go into...'i have always wanted to study mechanical engineering due to my passion 4 automobiles but i think my education states otherwise...i am very good at maths at least 90% in chemistry 70% but physics i strive to even hit 60% in physics looks so hard 4 me...when i go into the higher instution would it affect me? i even tried learning roadside mechanics but after six months i got tired probably because of hw my master teaches me...nt explanatory like we where been taught in school'..... please, i want u to look at my case and tell me which engineering field would be better for me. Thank you
Re: Should I Study Mechanical Engineering In The University? Any Advise? by id911(m): 1:30pm On Mar 11, 2017
U know where ur passion lies so follow ur passion. Mech Engr is an extremely interesting and broad based engineering discipline. U need to be very good in Mathematics and Physics to succeed. Goodluck!
Re: Should I Study Mechanical Engineering In The University? Any Advise? by ovoP(m): 1:53pm On Mar 11, 2017
id911:
U know where ur passion lies so follow ur passion. Mech Engr is an extremely interesting and broad based engineering discipline. U need to be very good in Mathematics and Physics to succeed. Goodluck!
THanks
Re: Should I Study Mechanical Engineering In The University? Any Advise? by Naturallyme: 4:46pm On Mar 11, 2017
You ve made the best decision . pls go ahead. I have a good testimony for being a mechanical engineer. We have opportunities everywhere everysector
Re: Should I Study Mechanical Engineering In The University? Any Advise? by ogwoliun: 6:33pm On Mar 11, 2017
Mechanical Engr is very good because there is no engineering firm that they can't work. It's a nice decision that you will not regret.
Re: Should I Study Mechanical Engineering In The University? Any Advise? by dhope: 7:02pm On Mar 11, 2017
why is ur performance in physics so low like that compared with maths? pls u need to boost ur performance in physics by dealing with topics uve nt understood well as u gat to be good in physics as u are in maths so as to enjoy ur programme. If it is ur course then i can bet it with u dt will enjoy d profession
Re: Should I Study Mechanical Engineering In The University? Any Advise? by ovoP(m): 9:53pm On Mar 11, 2017
dhope:
why is ur performance in physics so low like that compared with maths? pls u need to boost ur performance in physics by dealing with topics uve nt understood well as u gat to be good in physics as u are in maths so as to enjoy ur programme. If it is ur course then i can bet it with u dt will enjoy d profession
Thank u very much...my performance in physics should be to d school i attended but i'm tryin to study on my own.
Re: Should I Study Mechanical Engineering In The University? Any Advise? by guiddoti: 12:28am On Mar 12, 2017
In a way, you need step up your knowledge at Physics. Both Mathematics and Physics are your working tools to being a professional Mechanical engineer. You will need understand Mechanics of physics ( simple pulley, motion of an object, force, acceleration, velocity, mass, momentum and energy) partial electricity circuit, heat, object behaviour in fluid, vibration and sound, for your physic class. These topics will prepare you for a career in mechanical engineering.

Mechanical Engineering is an interesting field of engineering, if not the best of them all. It covers, partially, everything about other fields of engineering.

Being a Mechanical engineer doesn't make you mechanic, as people think. As a mechanical engineer, you design, service and install any mechanical systems. So, I bet you, it will be life long enjoyable field you wont regret.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Study Mechanical Engineering In The University? Any Advise? by ovoP(m): 8:35am On Mar 12, 2017
guiddoti:
In a way, you need step up your knowledge at Physics. Both Mathematics and Physics are your working tools to being a professional Mechanical engineer. You will need understand Mechanics of physics ( simple pulley, motion of an object, force, acceleration, velocity, mass, momentum and energy) partial electricity circuit, heat, object behaviour in fluid, vibration and sound, for your physic class. These topics will prepare you for a career in mechanical engineering.

Mechanical Engineering is an interesting field of engineering, if not the best of them all. It covers, partially, everything about other fields of engineering.

Being a Mechanical engineer doesn't make you mechanic, as people think. As a mechanical engineer, you design, service and install any mechanical systems. So, I bet you, it will be life long enjoyable field you wont regret.
Thank you very much

2 Likes

Re: Should I Study Mechanical Engineering In The University? Any Advise? by Adamsi18: 1:40pm On Mar 12, 2017
guy run for your life. many graduate roaming about are engineers, even if u have passion for engineering is beta u study electrical/computer engineering otherwise noting for u WO
I wish u best of luck is not that am wishing u bad but is d situation of our country Nigeria
tanks

1 Like

Re: Should I Study Mechanical Engineering In The University? Any Advise? by doubleportion: 2:28pm On Mar 12, 2017
If you are good in mathematics as you claimed, you shouldn't have problem with physics na.just change of subject of formulae will do you good.

1 Like

Re: Should I Study Mechanical Engineering In The University? Any Advise? by udosam(m): 9:12am On Mar 13, 2017
Being a mechanical engineer makes you stand out, it's the most versatile course anyone can study.

I am a mechanical engineering graduate and have finished NYSC now looking for jobs.

Please anyone here help a brother out, I reside in Port Harcourt but I am very willing to relocate.

PLEASE! PLEASE! ! PLEASE! !!

(1) (Reply)

Relationship Executives/officers Needed At A Financial Institution / Jobs @ Zimbabwe Embassy / Bussbar Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.