Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,583 members, 7,840,400 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Paul Psquare Has Embraced His 'igbotic' Accent, Asks Others To Embrace Too - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Paul Psquare Has Embraced His 'igbotic' Accent, Asks Others To Embrace Too (1082 Views)

Artist Madinah Known For Her Hit Single "Bibuuza" Has Embraced Christianity / Liz Anjorin: Why I Dumped Christianity And Embraced Islam / Finally, Paul Psquare Has Embraced His 'igbotic' Accent, Asks Others To Embrace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paul Psquare Has Embraced His 'igbotic' Accent, Asks Others To Embrace Too by JamieNaija(m): 3:28pm On Mar 11, 2017
Paul Okoye a.k.a Rudeboy of Psquare who has been trolled on by social media users because of his accent which they describe as 'igbotic', has finally embraced his accent, and asked those who call him out for it, how polished their check book is.

According to Paul, when a French man speaks English with his accent, he is said to be romantic, but when an Igbo man tries it, he is said to be Igbotic. Well Paul says, he's proud to be an Igbo man and since he speaks igbotic English, it means he's not faking it.

http://www.jamienaija.com/2017/03/paul-psquare-has-embraced-his-igbotic.html

lalasticlala missyb3 fynestboi

Re: Paul Psquare Has Embraced His 'igbotic' Accent, Asks Others To Embrace Too by dikeigbo2(m): 3:35pm On Mar 11, 2017
Keep it up bro...........proudly nwafo igbo

1 Like

Re: Paul Psquare Has Embraced His 'igbotic' Accent, Asks Others To Embrace Too by mirabeldesmond(f): 4:16pm On Mar 11, 2017
igbotic.. lol I detest igbotic accents grin
Re: Paul Psquare Has Embraced His 'igbotic' Accent, Asks Others To Embrace Too by shugarlips(f): 4:19pm On Mar 11, 2017
mirabeldesmond:
lol like ur opinion matters mtchewwwww

2 Likes

Re: Paul Psquare Has Embraced His 'igbotic' Accent, Asks Others To Embrace Too by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 11, 2017
shugarlips:
ask her o, who polished accent epp... Biko bloda, frex ya accent ploper
Re: Paul Psquare Has Embraced His 'igbotic' Accent, Asks Others To Embrace Too by naijaboiy: 4:57pm On Mar 11, 2017
Don't mind our oversabi nigerians who only get joy in criticizing everything.

We praise those who try to speak like the white man and look down on those who has the true Nigerian accent.

How many asians are shy of their English accent?

How about Russians or the French?

If a person speaks his English and his tribal accent is coming out then it's nothing to be ashamed of. In fact we should be proud of it.

How can someone be in Nigeria almost all his life and then you expect him to have an English accent? Radio presenter will be speaking as if she was in London all through the earlier years of her life meanwhile na Pako girl.

The earlier we realize that this accent is ours therefore we need to embrace it, the better for us.

3 Likes

Re: Paul Psquare Has Embraced His 'igbotic' Accent, Asks Others To Embrace Too by dsocioemmy(m): 5:00pm On Mar 11, 2017
Hahaha. After all the forming to speak phoney no work abi
Re: Paul Psquare Has Embraced His 'igbotic' Accent, Asks Others To Embrace Too by RealDannie(m): 5:02pm On Mar 11, 2017
Good to be real jare! Forming accents like say dem use am send u work grin

Shoutout to the real niccurs cool #Yorubatic

1 Like

Re: Paul Psquare Has Embraced His 'igbotic' Accent, Asks Others To Embrace Too by Muzanga(f): 8:43pm On Mar 11, 2017
mirabeldesmond:
yoruba accent and H factor is actually worse.

1 Like

Re: Paul Psquare Has Embraced His 'igbotic' Accent, Asks Others To Embrace Too by Muzanga(f): 8:44pm On Mar 11, 2017
shugarlips:
dont mind her. Paul is addressing fake people like her.
Re: Paul Psquare Has Embraced His 'igbotic' Accent, Asks Others To Embrace Too by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 11, 2017
Is he supposed to speak Queen's English?

English is NOT our mother tongue. Sure, it helps us communicate with more people, but we can also respect the flavour we "remix" into the English language.

I'm sure even the Queen won't mind...

1 Like

Re: Paul Psquare Has Embraced His 'igbotic' Accent, Asks Others To Embrace Too by mirabeldesmond(f): 10:08pm On Mar 11, 2017
Muzanga:
yoruba accent and H factor is actually worse.
I love them like that
Re: Paul Psquare Has Embraced His 'igbotic' Accent, Asks Others To Embrace Too by tolulinks(m): 12:56am On Mar 12, 2017
Go to States like ondo or Osun they speak very good English but if you hear an igbo girl who grew up in abia state speak English you go run!!! Even their folks who grew up in lagos here hate it when their eastern folks speak in English. Embarrassing accent!!! A poster above me mentioned h factor? Haha. Nice try. Trying to make yourself feel better eh? Igbos have all factors! R factor l factor. Just ask an igbo man to say "develop" you go laugh!

(1) (Reply)

Sms Bomber Really Helped Efe Alot. / I Will Slap Fathia Balogun Real Hard - Dayo Amusa / Model's Underwater Shoot Goes Horrifically Wrong As She's Bitten By Shark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.