Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,200 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Traditional Abiriba Names - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditional Abiriba Names (2683 Views)

Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style / Aba, Ngwa, Abiriba And Arochuwkwu Are Ancestral Ibibio Land. / Feminism In Ohafia/abiriba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traditional Abiriba Names by OmenkaHelen(f): 8:03pm On Mar 11, 2017
Hello Everyone!

I need your help! I am trying to compile a list of names for males and females that are indigenous to the village Abiriba in Abia State. Wikipedia and another Internet source states the following names as common to Abiriba:

Ikwan
Kalu
Nnanna
Nnenna "Nina"
Ndukwo
Ogbogu
Agwu
Oyediya
Ogbonnaya
Eleanya
Akuma
Nwojo
Nwanne
Eke
Eme
Agbai
Aluba
Enyindiya
Onwuka
Otisi
Mang
Ukegbu
Ukiwo
Nduka
Igwo
Inyiri
Dike

Does anyone know any other names that are common to Abiriba? That is where my people are from but I did not grow up there cry Any help with the meanings of these names and which ones are male/female/unisex would also be appreciated! Thank you!!

1 Like

Re: Traditional Abiriba Names by Integrita: 7:06am On Apr 30, 2021
Why focusing on men names?

Nwulari
Eresi
Ogbeyalu
Kalaria
Anuchauka
Okpete
Ola
Ugo
Nnanna
Ure

Don't know why they like Rose & Georgina & Grace

I'll be back to add more
Re: Traditional Abiriba Names by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 30, 2021
Reading
Re: Traditional Abiriba Names by MYZOLE: 9:33am On May 13, 2021
Re: Traditional Abiriba Names by letu(m): 4:17pm On May 13, 2021
OmenkaHelen:
Hello Everyone!

I need your help! I am trying to compile a list of names for males and females that are indigenous to the village Abiriba in Abia State. Wikipedia and another Internet source states the following names as common to Abiriba:

Ikwan
Kalu
Nnanna
Nnenna "Nina"
Ndukwo
Ogbogu
Agwu
Oyediya
Ogbonnaya
Eleanya
Akuma
Nwojo
Nwanne
Eke
Eme
Agbai
Aluba
Enyindiya
Onwuka
Otisi
Mang
Ukegbu
Ukiwo
Nduka
Igwo
Inyiri
Dike

Does anyone know any other names that are common to Abiriba? That is where my people are from but I did not grow up there cry Any help with the meanings of these names and which ones are male/female/unisex would also be appreciated! Thank you!!
Ortusi grin grin grin grin.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Girl Expose 'whites Only' Restaraunt In Ghana, Authorities Swoop In. / (poem) Dream Of A Better Nigeria. / Omo Yoruba Nimi Tokatokan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.