Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,670 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned (1756 Views)

5 Police Officers Involved In The Innocent Shooting Of Civilians Arrested / Court Sentences Two Policemen To Death For Apo 6 Killings / How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by intrepid: 6:26pm On Mar 12, 2017
After reading this and you did not pause for some minutes to ask yourself if truely we are one in this country just know it from me today that you are conscienceless and without a reasoning senses, there is yet no justice served in this case as far as I am concerned, half justice is injustice, punishing some and setting some free in an offense they jointly committed is a bigger injustice on its own, the masterminds of this crime who happens be core northerners and muslims that were involved in this crime were set free and the Christians among them were sentenced .

THE #APO6 AND THE TRAGEDY THAT IS NIGERIA.

Nothing captures the criminal entity that Nigeria has since become better than the case of the 6 Igbo traders killed in Apo, a satellite town in Abuja on June 2005. If you want to have an indept understanding of the mindset of the organised crime family we call the Nigeria Police Force, just pay close attention to the case of the APO6.

According to the proceedings at the criminal trial, the Apo6 --Ekene Isaac Mgbe, Ifeanyin Ozor, Chinedu Meniru, Paulinus Ogbonna, Anthony and Augustina Arebu-- were at a nightclub somewhere in Area 11, the same FCT, when Deputy Police commissioner, Danjuma Ibrahim made sexual advances at Augustine who returned a negative response.

Officer Danjuma was said to have drove to a nearby police checkpoint where he told policemen there to be battle-ready to confront a group of armed robbers in the area.

When the APO6 got to the police checkpoint in their car, Officer Danjuma was said to have drove into them and ordered his men to shoot.

Four of the APO6 were forcefully re-united with their ancestors right there on the spot while Ifeanyin and Augustina were taken to Garriki police station where DPO Abdulsalam Othman served as the Lord of the Manor.

The next day, the duo of Ifeanyin and Augustina were taken to some place outside town where they were executed.

The lady was strangled by DCP Danjuma Ibrahim, according to the testimony of the police witnesses at the criminal trial.

Just for saying "No" to the sexual overtures of a randy police officer, lady Augustina and the other 5 Igbo traders were gruesomely murdered by the police that is being paid to protect them!

If you think killing these Igbo traders was all that the murderous bunch that is the Nigerian police did, you better think again because even after killing them, these uniformed butchers connived with their armourer and planted weapons on the bodies of these Igbo traders and brought a photographer, one Chukwu Chukwudi to take their pictures which they (the police) displayed for all to see with intent to convince the public that the APO6 were armed robbers.

It took a public outcry and demonstration by Igbo traders in APO to force the then govt of President of Olusegun Obasanjo to order a public hearing into this heinous crime.

It was during the hearing that some police officers broke ranks and told the panel how Danjuma Ibrahim masterminded the killing.

The Garriki police station chief armourer equally confessed that the weapons found on the accused were planted.

Two of the accused policemen equally admitted shooting two of the APO6 on the orders of Deputy commissioner Danjuma Ibrahim.

Now here is what will make you die crying:

When the matter went on trial, the chief culprit, Deputy commissioner Danjuma Ibrahim who ordered the shooting of the APO6 and even strangled Augustina for rejecting his advances at the nightclub, was released on what the court called "exceptional and special medical bail" in August 2006, less than one year into the trial.

The DPO at the Garriki police station, Abdulsalam Othman who supervised the barbarism disappeared from the 5th floor of Louis Edet house (force headquarters) where he was detained.

According to the testimony of the police, officer Othman went for prayers and never came back. Case closed! Till today.

A suspect in a high profile murder trial was allowed to go to the mosque to pray without any form of surveillance or monitoring. Only in Nigeria!

Just last Thursday, Justice Ishaq Bello of Abuja high court discharged and acquitted both Deputy Police commissioner Danjuma Ibrahim who ordered the killings and Abdulsalam Othman who supervised it all and even planted weapons on the APO6 as the DPO Garriki police station, according to the testimony of police officers who testified at the criminal trial.

The reason the judge gave was that there was no sufficient evidence that the duo were guilty in the killing of the APO6.

Meanwhile, the same Judge convicted the two junior officers who admitted in their statement that they shot two of the APO6 on the orders of senior officer Danjuma Ibrahim who fed them the info that the APO6 were armed robbers after the only lady among them have turned down his advances.

As I type this, officers Danjuma Ibrahim and Abdulsalam Othman yet roam the earth as free men, breathing free air and unleashing more savagery on humanity.

Quite frankly, I am finding it increasingly difficult and almost impossible to retain my sanity here.

How do some of you look at grave injustices such as this one and just move on as though its nothing?? How do you people do it?

To some of you that are still patriotic to the Nigerian state, pray tell, how do you pull off such feat?

How do you retain allegiance, loyalty and patriotism to a murderous entity that is not only deaf, dumb and blind to the sanctity of the lives of the human person but seemingly derive some sort of orgasm in killing the same citizens it exists solely to protect?

How do you people open your teeth and smile at a police force that murders her own citizens and even plant weapon on them to cover up the crime simply because a lady said 'No' to the advances of a randy senior police officer??

Of what use is the law when it is to be enforced by an organised criminal gang such as the Nigerian Police which delight in killing the same people they are meant to protect over such a flimsy excuse as saying 'No' to a sex request from a police officer??

If there is something that grieves me beyond words, it is sharing not just the same human trait but the same geographical space as these uniformed criminals.

Being born a Nigerian and having to live in Nigeria is among the worst thing that could happen to anyone.

#ShameOnThePolice! And #ABiggerShameOnTheJusticeSystem!

Written by
Charles Ogbu

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by JideAmuGiaka: 6:35pm On Mar 12, 2017
I weep for Nigeria.
Re: APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by Rolings: 7:21pm On Mar 12, 2017
The moment you stop reading religious meaning to everything you start seeing clearly. Your write up would have made sense if you had not made it a religious thing. Crime is a crime no matter the religion of its perpetrators.
You are a religious and tribal bigot.

2 Likes

Re: APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by intrepid: 3:20am On Mar 13, 2017
Rolings:
The moment you stop reading religious meaning to everything you start seeing clearly. Your write up would have made sense if you had not made it a religious thing. Crime is a crime no matter the religion of its perpetrators.

Boss, kindly read with an unbiased mind next time.

Did the even happen as written /observed or not? Has such been happening in the past or not?

Don't support injustice, it usually boomerangs

1 Like

Re: APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by samfuntua: 12:00pm On Mar 13, 2017
Rolings:

Sir, Your comment makes me believe there is no hope for Nigeria
Shame on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by Princesaha: 12:51pm On Mar 13, 2017
Rolings:

You must be crazy, dude. For your information, they were discharged and acquitted because they are Northern Muslims. Simple and short.

1 Like

Re: APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by Rolings: 1:20pm On Mar 13, 2017
Princesaha:

You must be crazy, dude. For your information, they were discharged and acquitted because they are Northern Muslims. Simple and short.

Thanks for calling me crazy because I'm mad at fools like you who only think religion with every aspect of their life . Im sure you ask your pastor before having sex with your partner.
A criminal is a criminal . Whether muslim or christian . Hausa Igbo or yoruba.
As far as reasonable humans are concerned it is a judicial process that has brought about this judgement and not ethnic sentiments. Those police guys made self confession is it because they are hausa or igbo? Did the armourer named Chukwu who planted guns on apo6 do it because they were igbo?

You are an ethnic and religious bigot
Re: APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by Rolings: 1:21pm On Mar 13, 2017
samfuntua:

Sir, Your comment makes me believe there is no hope for Nigeria
Shame on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shame on your generation
Re: APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by Thalamus: 1:23pm On Mar 13, 2017
Nigerians are the root cause of this problem. they do not know there rights, those that do are afraid of exercising it for fear of intimidation. comments like "fear nigerian police" etc are rife among nigerians. we project the military as some kind of demi gods especially the comedians. we only sit down and talk and complain and curse and pray, when its time to act......... nothing. you can take the last tuface initiated demonstration for example. nobody wanted to risk coming out. some stupid nigerians were even against it. just take my brother with moniker "rolings" above for example, he does not understand the write up or the wicked evil that was done, he only sees from a religious point of view. my brother "intrepid" i feel your pain. i pray everyday for God to remove from africans the spirit of cowardice and give us the spirit of love.

1 Like

Re: APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by Everblazinggg(f): 8:55pm On Mar 13, 2017
Being born a Nigerian and having to live in Nigeria is among the worst thing that could happen to anyone

#fact

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by EricBloodAxe: 2:18am On Mar 14, 2017
Wat happens wen d govt and d judicial system can't give justice? The citizens take laws into their own hands. If diz ruling fell short in all ramifications, i think d onus falls on d convicted officers seeking justice 2 air out their discontent wit their various counsels of which i suppose would have been done. In d law, an accomplice In a crime is as guilty as d suspect unless proven otherwise. Claiming ignorance of d law is nt an excuse. I believe there shud be a protest or an appeal to d verdict. But in my humble Submission, d nigerian police force will always be a criminally corrupted system riddled with all sorts of evil manipulations and injustices. Is d reason nobody really cares about their affairs.
Re: APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by intrepid: 10:27am On Mar 14, 2017
Thalamus:
Nigerians are the root cause of this problem. they do not know there rights, those that do are afraid of exercising it for fear of intimidation. comments like "fear nigerian police" etc are rife among nigerians. we project the military as some kind of demi gods especially the comedians. we only sit down and talk and complain and curse and pray, when its time to act......... nothing. you can take the last tuface initiated demonstration for example. nobody wanted to risk coming out. some stupid nigerians were even against it. just take my brother with moniker "rolings" above for example, he does not understand the write up or the wicked evil that was done, he only sees from a religious point of view. my brother "intrepid" i feel your pain. i pray everyday for God to remove from africans the spirit of cowardice and give us the spirit of love.

THALAMUS, it's really painful how things happen here. Fact is that we have too many vampires and sadists in the army and police. We also have those who always see anything that wants to expose the ills of society with jaundiced eyes. Example is the comment from ROLINGS.

Why won't some soldiers and police be stupid and wicked when guys like Rolings(he may be a soldier or pilice), are always out to defend them?

I posted an article about obvious miscarriage of justice which obviously tints towards ethnicity and your bigoted eyes and mind d refused to see it but instead turned to call me bigoted.

May God save his people from this country
Re: APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by Rolings: 1:51pm On Mar 14, 2017
intrepid:

THALAMUS, it's really painful how things happen here. Fact is that we have too many vampires and sadists in the army and police. We also have those who always see anything that wants to expose the ills of society with jaundiced eyes. Example is the comment from ROLINGS.

Why won't some soldiers and police be stupid and wicked when guys like Rolings(he may be a soldier or pilice), are always out to defend them?

I posted an article about obvious miscarriage of justice which obviously tints towards ethnicity and your bigoted eyes and mind d refused to see it but instead turned to call me bigoted.

May God save his people from this country

You and Thalamus I insist are ethnic and tribal Bigots. There is no miscarriage of justice anywhere in the case and its only because you are blinded by ethnic and religious beliefs that makes you think there has been a miscarriage of justice .

The problem with you BIAFRA agitators is that having failed to convince mainstream Igbos into your agitation you have become jittery and paranoid that you are pursuing a failed cause......no matter how you try to whip up sentiments for your failed cause you will FAIL.

NAIRALAND SAYS NO TO BIAFRA
Re: APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by intrepid: 6:18am On Mar 15, 2017
Hahahahahaha @Rolings.

I knew from the outset that your fear, and the instigator of that terror in your mind is the "Biafra" hint.

Why are you so scared?

Calm down bro. Biafra won't hurt you and please, save yourself the heartache early enough and stop wishing that it never happened because, for your information, it's a concluded course.

Biafra is already here and 1 billion of you and your "Nairaland" (I wonder what you mean by that), cannot stop it.

Begin to adapt or learn how you gonna adapt to the reality cos it a moving train that would crush folks like you if you dare stand on its way.

Your shouting that Biafrans or IPOB is a terrorist group doesn't make sense anymore because people now know the truth.
Deal with it bro.
Re: APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by Jabioro: 6:56am On Mar 15, 2017
Princesaha:

Did judge claimed they were acquitted base on their religion? The case had not finally closed.. the people can still appeal.. those officer would be recall and the sentence change.. You can send your grievance to the appropriate authority to revisit the matter...
Re: APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by hedonistic: 7:05am On Mar 15, 2017
Rolings:

People like you are disgusting. So the only thing you can identify in this thought provoking and revealing article is bigotry? You are blind to the bitter facts and injustice exposed in the article, merely because you identify with the religion or tribe of the chief susoect? Why not comment on the MAIN POINT of the article? You people are just too disgusting.

2 Likes

Re: APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by Rolings: 9:36am On Mar 15, 2017
hedonistic:

People like you are disgusting. So the only thing you can identify in this thought provoking and revealing article is bigotry? You are blind to the bitter facts and injustice exposed in the article, merely because you identify with the religion or tribe of the chief susoect? Why not comment on the MAIN POINT of the article? You people are just too disgusting.

Your response is nauseating . The main point is that a judicial process has been exhausted and a verdict given yet someone here is saying its because a criminal is igbo that's why he was sentenced even when a case is proved against him and a criminal is hausa that was why he was let go even when no case could be proven against him.
when you stop having the victim mentality when you start seeing beyond your being igbo and when you stop seeing other Nigerians as your enemy you will begin to have sense.
gerahahia
Re: APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by Rolings: 9:43am On Mar 15, 2017
intrepid:
Hahahahahaha @Rolings.

I knew from the outset that your fear, and the instigator of that terror in your mind is the "Biafra" hint.

Why are you so scared?

Calm down bro. Biafra won't hurt you and please, save yourself the heartache early enough and stop wishing that it never happened because, for your information, it's a concluded course.

Biafra is already here and 1 billion of you and your "Nairaland" (I wonder what you mean by that), cannot stop it.

Begin to adapt or learn how you gonna adapt to the reality cos it a moving train that would crush folks like you if you dare stand on its way.

Your shouting that Biafrans or IPOB is a terrorist group doesn't make sense anymore because people now know the truth.
Deal with it bro.

The real people who are afraid are the Igbos who still have the victim mentality ingrained in their brain...... Your leaders have lied to you over and over again that other Nigerians are your enemy , that you should watch your shoulder every time and read tribal and religious meaning to everything around you . After years of this propaganda and brainwash you have become paranoid and if care is not taken will eventually lead to your end.

Again

Re: APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by Princesaha: 10:08am On Mar 15, 2017
Rolings:

The real people who are afraid are the Igbos who still have the victim mentality ingrained in their brain...... Your leaders have lied to you over and over again that other Nigerians are your enemy , that you should watch your shoulder every time and read tribal and religious meaning to everything around you . After years of this propaganda and brainwash you have become paranoid and if care is not taken will eventually lead to your end.

Again

What concerns Biafra with the issue being discussed here. Anyway, i do not blame you. It is obvious that the mere mention of Biafra gives u hypertension and also shortens your life span. Anyway, just know that it is an ideology and nothing you can do about it. If it vex you too much, strap a bomb to your waist and waste your useless life just as your people used to do. Ode.

1 Like

Re: APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by tifany89(m): 1:50pm On Mar 15, 2017
Rolings:
You are part of the problem of this country. If u actually read all that n all u could come up with is such a daft comment. Where in this write up did u see anything about religious n ethnic bigotry. Even if dere is, can u fault the writer? Am sure ur comment would v been different if ur friend or a family member was involved
Re: APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by Rolings: 4:20pm On Mar 15, 2017
tifany89:

You are part of the problem of this country. If u actually read all that n all u could come up with is such a daft comment. Where in this write up did u see anything about religious n ethnic bigotry. Even if dere is, can u fault the writer? Am sure ur comment would v been different if ur friend or a family member was involved

Mumu read again the first paragraph and cone here to masturbate on my mention .
ASHAWOOOOOO
Re: APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by Rolings: 4:25pm On Mar 15, 2017
Princesaha:

What concerns Biafra with the issue being discussed here. Anyway, i do not blame you. It is obvious that the mere mention of Biafra gives u hypertension and also shortens your life span. Anyway, just know that it is an ideology and nothing you can do about it. If it vex you too much, strap a bomb to your waist and waste your useless life just as your people used to do. Ode.
Who be this biafra erat ?
that's what I'm telling you guys you are now paranoid and jittery any mention of a contrary opinion to yours is one of the 'the enemy'
you will soon die of hypertension
Re: APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by tifany89(m): 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
Rolings:

Mumu read again the first paragraph and cone here to masturbate on my mention .
ASHAWOOOOOO
See this he-goat, uncut braggart. I can see how u v been abusing everyone here dat has opposing view with u, shows how stupid n shallow you are. Funny enough am not even a girl but seeing how u don't v respect for women by referring to girls u barely know as prostitutes, I suffice to say that every female members of ur family r all Ashawo kobo kobo, from ur mother down to ur sisters. Mad foool
Re: APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by Rolings: 7:39pm On Mar 15, 2017
tifany89:

See this he-goat, uncut braggart. I can see how u v been abusing everyone here dat has opposing view with u, shows how stupid n shallow you are. Funny enough am not even a girl but seeing how u don't v respect for women by referring to girls u barely know as prostitutes, I suffice to say that every female members of ur family r all Ashawo kobo kobo, from ur mother down to ur sisters. Mad foool

ASHAWOOOOOOO
just jump from nowhere enter thread dey display ignorance .
abeg n.a. beg I beg you Bleep OFF MENTIONING ME

STINKING
Re: APO 6 : How The Guilty Was Set Free And The "Innocent" Condemned by tifany89(m): 10:38pm On Mar 15, 2017
Rolings:

ASHAWOOOOOOO
just jump from nowhere enter thread dey display ignorance .
abeg n.a. beg I beg you Bleep OFF MENTIONING ME

STINKING
Ignoramus. Oh lord plz dash this mummy sense

(1) (Reply)

Sexual Harassment Laws In Nigeria / Family Guy S14E12 Title Scammed Yankees / "Plus-Sized Lady 'Reboots' Man With A Slap After Bashing His Car" (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.