Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. (12583 Views)

Who Wrote The Quran? / 'Be Like the People Of Aboo Bakr And Umar' / Secrets Of Quran 18,Surah Al-Kahf (The Cave) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 9:15pm On Mar 12, 2017
I just thought of this recently, Why was Ali's(RA) compilation of Quran rejected and Abu Bakr and Umar(RA) collection were accepted? undecided

Many Muslims out there don't even know about this.
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 9:16pm On Mar 12, 2017
Cc: Albaqir, Empiree
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Fundamentalist: 9:18pm On Mar 12, 2017
Useless topic

1 Like

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 9:22pm On Mar 12, 2017
Fundamentalist:
Useless topic
If you can't answer reasonably to the "useless topic" why not keep shut. Thank you.

"(There's) no such thing as a stupid question" is a popular phrase that has had a long history. It suggests that the quest for knowledge includes failure, and that just because one person may know less than others they should not be afraid to ask rather than pretend they already know. In many cases multiple people may not know but are too afraid to ask the "stupid question"; the one who asks the question may in fact be doing a service to those around them.
Source

11 Likes

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 9:30pm On Mar 12, 2017
tintingz:
Cc: Albaqir, Em.piree
Too late, dont you think after 1400 years?

2 Likes

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 9:39pm On Mar 12, 2017
Empiree:
Too late, dont you think after 1400 years?
Too late? And we still see many Muslims fighting and debating each other over some ancient saga? Please tell me something else.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Fundamentalist: 9:40pm On Mar 12, 2017
tintingz:
If you can't answer reasonably to the "useless topic" why not keep shut. Thank you.

"(There's) no such thing as a stupid question" is a popular phrase that has had a long history. It suggests that the quest for knowledge includes failure, and that just because one person may know less than others they should not be afraid to ask rather than pretend they already know. In many cases multiple people may not know but are too afraid to ask the "stupid question"; the one who asks the question may in fact be doing a service to those around them.
Source

Not suprising about the useless answer from you

2 Likes

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 9:47pm On Mar 12, 2017
- Is Ali's(RA) copy of Quran still existing?

Cc: Albaqir

2 Likes

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Riduane: 9:50pm On Mar 12, 2017
Interesting!

1 Like

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Sufisunni: 10:08pm On Mar 12, 2017
I am appalled and speechless! coz this is the only book that binds muslims together, if we allow this issue to be blown out of proportion then I am sorry for muslims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 10:20pm On Mar 12, 2017
tintingz:
Too late? And we still see many Muslims fighting and debating each other over some ancient saga? Please tell me something else.
Lol...This is Qur'an, the foundation. Besides, i barely see any credible source(s) to your claim when i looked around.
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by AlBaqir(m): 10:52pm On Mar 12, 2017
# My believe as a Shia, based on several Sahih ahadith (both Sunni and Shia), and rationality, although there are equally several contradictory (sunni) athar (report of sahabah or tabi'in) was that Quran was FULLY written and compiled at the lifetime of the Prophet.

# However, several sahabah based on the pace of their memorization and copying of the Quran (for personal use), they ended up having several few versions apart from the main one compiled at the time of Nabi.

For example, Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud had his own version different from that of Ubay Ibn Kaab etc. Note: All were the same but different arrangements and number of verses. Quran was also reported to have been revealed in seven different styles and reading. Only one is known today. These were the versions the Khalifah Uthman destroyed to avoid misunderstanding.

# Shi'i traditions and some Sunni documents (esp. Imam
Suyuti) document Ali's version also. It was reported that Ali's arrangement was in chronological order and he specially added Tafsir to it.

# Personally, I have had the opportunity of seeing various Quran dated back at the time of Imam Ali and others, at various Quran Museum in Muslim worlds. There is absolutely no difference. And many people (Muslims and non-muslims) who had verified this fact have also gave their testimony.

# Unfortunately, we have ahadith majorly from Sunni books and of course from shia books of ahadith which challenge the completeness of the Quran. While various Shia ulama have rubbished all these ahadith altogether whether from shia or Sunnis sources, some Sunnis are still very reluctant to rubbish some ahadith tagged "Sahih" on the subject.

Salam.

3 Likes

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 11:01pm On Mar 12, 2017
Empiree:
Lol...This is Qur'an, the foundation. Besides, i barely see any credible source(s) to your claim when i looked around.
Which source? That the rejection of Ali's compilation of Quran never happened?

These two Isamic sites are conflicting, one is supporting Abu Bakr while the other is supporting Ali.

1- https://islamqa.info/en/134757

2- https://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia-ahlul-bayt-dilp-team/belief-shia-in-completeness-quran

2 Likes

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 11:16pm On Mar 12, 2017
AlBaqir:
# My believe as a Shia, based on several Sahih ahadith (both Sunni and Shia), and rationality, although there are equally several contradictory (sunni) athar (report of sahabah or tabi'in) was that Quran was FULLY written and compiled at the lifetime of the Prophet.

# However, several sahabah based on the pace of their memorization and copying of the Quran (for personal use), they ended up having several few versions apart from the main one compiled at the time of Nabi.

For example, Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud had his own version different from that of Ubay Ibn Kaab etc. Note: All were the same but different arrangements and number of verses. Quran was also reported to have been revealed in seven different styles and reading. Only one is known today. These were the versions the Khalifah Uthman destroyed to avoid misunderstanding.

# Shi'i traditions and some Sunni documents (esp. Imam
Suyuti) document Ali's version also. It was reported that Ali's arrangement was in chronological order and he specially added Tafsir to it.

# Personally, I have had the opportunity of seeing various Quran dated back at the time of Imam Ali and others, at various Quran Museum in Muslim worlds. There is absolutely no difference. And many people (Muslims and non-muslims) who had verified this fact have also gave their testimony.

# Unfortunately, we have ahadith majorly from Sunni books and of course from shia books of ahadith which challenge the completeness of the Quran. While various Shia ulama have rubbished all these ahadith altogether whether from shia or Sunnis sources, some Sunnis are still very reluctant to rubbish some ahadith tagged "Sahih" on the subject.

Salam.
Wa'salaam. Thank you for your response, want to ask some questions.

- Why can't Uthman leave the other version/collection of the Quran instead of burning them, how does he know they were not reliable?

- If Ali's copy of Quran was the same as that of Uthman preserved copy of today, then why are they still conflicts about Umar and Abu bakr rejection of Ali's collection?

1 Like

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 11:30pm On Mar 12, 2017
tintingz:

Which source? That the rejection of Ali's compilation of Quran never happened?

These two Isamic sites are conflicting, one is supporting Abu Bakr while the other is supporting Ali.

1- https://islamqa.info/en/134757

2- https://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia-ahlul-bayt-dilp-team/belief-shia-in-completeness-quran
Sites you posted are CLEARLY sectarians. I am not in support of any. Bottomline of their back n fourth is sectarianism. Nothing more
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 11:41pm On Mar 12, 2017
AlBaqir:

Salam.
This is sufficient evidence to those crying "shia dont believe in the Quran revealed to Nabi (SAW)
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by AlBaqir(m): 12:37pm On Mar 13, 2017
tintingz:
Wa'salaam. Thank you for your response, want to ask some questions.

You are welcome bro. anytime.

tintingz:

- Why can't Uthman leave the other version/collection of the Quran instead of burning them, how does he know they were not reliable?

# The so-called story of Quran compilations according to Ahlu Sunnah beliefs started at the time of Abu Bakr. An alleged multiple death (at battle field) of Hafiz al-Quran from amongst sahabah made him concluded that Quran must be collected and compiled. According to Ahlu Sunnah, Quran was in pieces, unorganized, one part with Mr A, one part with Mr B etc during and after the lifetime of the Prophet. This lie and unintelligent tale is amongst many things Shia do not believe in. Here's one extra clear Sunni Hadith:

Imam Tirmidhi documents:

Narrated Qatadah: that Anas bin Malik said: "Four GATHERED THE QUR'AN DURING THE time of the Messenger of Allah (s), all of them are from the Ansar: Ubayy bin Ka'b, Mu'adh bin Jabal, Zaid bin Thabit, and Abu Zaid." I said to Anas: "Who is Abu Zaid?" He said: "One of my uncles."

Grade : Sahih (Darussalam)

English reference : Vol. 1, Book 46, Hadith 3794
Arabic reference : Book 49, Hadith 4163
https://sunnah.com/tirmidhi/49

# So, how can another claim otherwise that Qur'an was left littered as at the demise of Nabi?! Anyway, let's continue with the bogus story:

# Abu Bakr with Umar summoned Zaid Ibn Thabit ONLY to collect and compile Quran. According to them as written in sunni sources, they said, "we do not suspect him (i.e Zaid).

# After the completion, that Quran remained Abu Bakr's property in custody of his daughter. Nothing was known whether Umar collected (from whom it was entrusted) and used the alleged compiled Quran during his tenure.

# Here comes the time of Uthman. He was reported to have collected Abu Bakr's compiled Quran. Yet he gathered some of the Quranic reciter to compiled another. All other versions, and different style of recitations were destroyed.

According to Sunni Islam, 'Uthman literally "edited" the original version of the Qur'an, removing all non-Qurayshi terminologies from it. He also burnt out of existence six other revealed variants of the Qur'an.

Hence, we are said to be using Uthmanic edition till date.

tintingz:

- If Ali's copy of Quran is the same as that of Uthman preserved copy of today, then why are they still conflicts about Umar and Abu bakr rejection of Ali's collection?

# Like I said earlier, Ali's copy was said to come with full detailed Tafsir. The fact that he was the best in the knowledge of the Quran and Sunnah, and Nabi said " Just as I fought for the revelation of the Quran, he (Ali) will fight for its tawil (interpretation) ".

# How do you expect them to accept Ali's version (with Tafsir) when information in it will be suicidal to their merits and position?

# But really, the fact that what they allegedly compiled and that of Ali are the same, that says a lot why Ali himself did not fight them as per the greatest legacy of Prophet i.e Quran. He never come out with that version of his, history says. It remains a source of unrivalled knowledge amongst his household.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 1:43pm On Mar 13, 2017
AlBaqir:

You are welcome bro. anytime.

# The so-called story of Quran compilations according to Ahlu Sunnah beliefs started at the time of Abu Bakr. An alleged multiple death (at battle field) of Hafiz al-Quran from amongst sahabah made him concluded that Quran must be collected and compiled. According to Ahlu Sunnah, Quran was in pieces, unorganized, one part with Mr A, one part with Mr B etc during and after the lifetime of the Prophet. This lie and unintelligent tale is amongst many things Shia do not believe in.

# Abu Bakr with Umar summoned Zaid Ibn Thabit ONLY to collect and compile Quran. According to them as written in sunni sources, they said, "we do not suspect him (i.e Zaid).

# After the completion, that Quran remained Abu Bakr's property in custody of his daughter. Nothing was known whether Umar collected (from whom it was entrusted) and used the alleged compiled Quran during his tenure.

# Here comes the time of Uthman. He was reported to have collected Abu Bakr's compiled Quran. Yet he gathered some of the Quranic reciter to compiled another. All other versions, and different style of recitations were destroyed.

According to Sunni Islam, 'Uthman literally "edited" the original version of the Qur'an, removing all non-Qurayshi terminologies from it. He also burnt out of existence six other revealed variants of the Qur'an.

Hence, we are said to be using Uthmanic edition till date.

# Like I said earlier, Ali's copy was said to come with full detailed Tafsir. The fact that he was the best in the knowledge of the Quran and Sunnah, and Nabi said " Just as I fought for the revelation of the Quran, he (Ali) will fight for its tawil (interpretation) ".

# How do you expect them to accept Ali's version (with Tafsir) when information in it will be suicidal to their merits and position?

# But really, the fact that what they allegedly compiled and that of Ali are the same, that says a lot why Ali himself did not fight them as per the greatest legacy of Prophet i.e Quran. He never come out with that version of his, history says. It remains a source of unrivalled knowledge amongst his household.
Thank you for this insight, I really appreciate. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 1:44pm On Mar 13, 2017
Empiree:
Sites you posted are CLEARLY sectarians. I am not in support of any. Bottomline of their back n fourth is sectarianism. Nothing more
OK sir
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by DirewolfofStark(m): 3:22pm On Mar 13, 2017
Now we know the English translations of the Koran differ in style of writing so the Muslims tell us the Koran is basically useless in any other language but arabic and claim there is only one Arabic Koran.

What do you say if I tell you that claim is false and that there are different Koran? In fact, there are FIVE different versions of the Koran, all of them in arabic and all of them have textual differences and variances.

NUMBER 1

The Koran compiled by the Transmitter Hafs, who is Hafs ibn Suleyman ibn Al-Mugheerah Al-Asadi Al-Kuufi (d.
180H):

His Qiraa'ah named Hafs from 'Aasim is the most popular reading of the Quran in the world today, except for some parts of
Africa. Hafs was officially adopted by Egypt in 1924. His chain from 'Aasim: He heard from 'Aasim ibn Abu Najud Al-Kuufi (d. 128H) who
was Taabi'i, i.e, among the generation following the Sahaabah, who heard from Abu Abdur-Rahman Abdullah ibn Habib As-Sulami, who heard
from Uthman ibn Affan and Ali ibn Abi Talib and Zayd ibn Thaabit and Ubayy ibn Ka'b, who heard from the Prophet.

NUMBER 2

The Transmitter Duuri, is Abu 'Amr Hafs ibn Umar ibn Abdul- Aziz ibn Subhan Ad-Duuri Al-Baghdaadi (d. 246H):

His Qiraa'ah named Duuri from Abu 'Amr is popular in parts of Africa like Somalia, Sudan as well as in other parts. His chain of from Abu 'Amr:
He heard from Abu Muhammad Yahya ibn Mubarak ibn Mugheerah Yazidiyy (d. 202H), who heard from Abu 'Amr Zuban ibn 'Ala Maziniyy Al Busriyy (d.154H), who heard from the Qiraa'aat from Sahaabis Ali and Uthman and Abu Musa and Umar and Ubayy ibn Ka'b and Zayd ibn Thaabit, who heard from the Prophet.

NUMBER 3

The Transmitter Warsh, who is Abu Saeed Uthman ibn Saeed Al-Misri, nicknamed Warsh, (d. 197H):

HIs Qiraa'ah named Warsh from Naafi' is popular in North Africa.

His chain from Naafi': He heard from Naafi' ibn Abdur-Rahman ibn Abu Nu'aim Al-Madani (d. 169H), who heard from Abu Ja'far Yazid ibn Al-
Qa'qaa' and Abu Dawud Abdur-Rahman ibn Hurmuz Al-A'raj and Shaybah ibn Nisah Al-Qaadhi and Abu Abdullah Muslim ibn Jundub Al-Hudhali and Abu Rawh Yazid ibn Ruman, who heard from Abu Hurairah and Ibn Abbaas and Abdullah ibn 'Ayyaash ibn Abi Rabii'ah, who
heard from Ubayy ibn Ka'b, who heard from the Prophet (PBUH).

NUMBER 4

The Transmitter Suusi:

His Qiraa'ah named Suusi from Abu 'Amr is also found around the world in small parts and it is popular with the Sufis.

NUMBER 5

The Transmitter Qaaluun, who is Imaam Qaaluun:

His Qiraa'ah named Qaaluun from Naafi' is popular in places like Libya in Africa. His chain from Naafi':
He heard from Naafi' ibn Abdur- Rahman ibn Abu Nu'aim Al-Madani (d. 169H), who heard from Abu Ja'far Yazid ibn Al-
Qa'qaa', who heard from Abdullah ibn Abbaas and Abu Hurairah, who heard from Ubayy ibn Ka'b and Zayd ibn Thaabit,
who heard from the Prophet (PBUH).

Most muslims don't have good or reasonable arguments to explain why there should be textual variations in these five different qurans which are all written in the same language.

1 Like

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 12:22pm On Mar 14, 2017
Someone should give a good logical reason the Quran of today a.k.a Uthmantic copy is totally and completely the same as Quran written by the Prophet Muhammad (SA)? undecided
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 1:08pm On Mar 14, 2017
tintingz:
Someone should give a good logical reason the Quran of today a.k.a Uthmantic copy is totally and completely the same as Quran written by the Prophet Muhammad (SA)? undecided
The ONLY logical reason is that you have to PRODUCE Quran that is DIFFERENT from the one we have today. If there is none, then, your request itself has K-leg.

Unlike Christianity, we can easily produce MANY OTHER versions. All those Christian missionaries have brought similar claims by citing phrases from Quran that they think are different from the time of Nabi (saw) but they failed to produce such "Quran". So it is for Muslims to give logical reason but it is onus on those who argue otherwise to produce alleged Quran that differ from Uthmantic copy.

1 Like

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 1:52pm On Mar 14, 2017
Empiree:
The ONLY logical reason is that you have to PRODUCE Quran that is DIFFERENT from the one we have today. If there is none, then, your request itself has K-leg.
How will there be another book like the Quran when Uthman burnt some, when Ali's copy was rejected?

Anybody can write his/her own version of the Quran, the thing is such person will be killed by sharia-men.

Your post here does not even make any logical sense, there are over thousands of scripture books around the world that talk about God and humanity.

Unlike Christianity, we can easily produce MANY OTHER versions. All those Christian missionaries have brought similar claims by citing phrases from Quran that they think are different from the time of Nabi (saw) but they failed to produce such "Quran". So it is for Muslims to give logical reason but it is onus on those who argue otherwise to produce alleged Quran that differ from Uthmantic copy.
Most of the stories in the Quran can also be found in Jewish scriptures, they are not new to the Jews and Christians, the thing is that the stories were first heard by the Jews then the Christians before Islam came.

Producing another copy of Quran is a waste of time.

Again, what good logical reason should I believe Uthmantic Quran copy is the same as the Prophet's(SA) own, we were not present when these people were compiling the Quran.

1 Like

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 2:15pm On Mar 14, 2017
tintingz:
How will there be another book like the Quran when Uthman burnt some, when Ali's copy was rejected?

Anybody can write his/her own version of the Quran, the thing is such person will be killed by sharia-men.

Your post here does not even make any logical sense, there are over thousands of scripture books around the world that talk about God and humanity.
what was burnt was FRAGMENT COPY. Just like any book, before it completion there are pieces of drafts that needed to be thrown away. But Quran being sacred text, it is not allowed to have it hanging around was the reason they were burnt after compilations are completed.

Most of the stories in the Quran can also be found in Jewish scriptures, they are not new to the Jews and Christians, the thing is that the stories were first heard by the Jews then the Christians before Islam came.
So? . This is not new. All of them have same tracks historically. Quran only came to confirm what was with them and to set record straight.

Producing another copy of Quran is a waste of time.
grin wink is now waste of time bcuz they have tried MILLION TIMES throughout the history but FAILED miserably.

Again, what good logical reason should I believe Uthmantic Quran copy is the same as the Prophet's(SA) own, we were not present when these people were compiling the Quran.
this is why so long as they can't find Muhammad's own that you claim might be different from today's, then, the claim is null and void. Very simple
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2017
Empiree:
what was burnt was FRAGMENT COPY. Just like any book, before it completion there are pieces of drafts that needed to be thrown away. But Quran being sacred text, it is not allowed to have it hanging around was the reason they were burnt after compilations are completed.
The reasons was because, Uthman had to order the burning of other compilation of the Quran because it might contain other views that will cause conflicts and division in the future. The irony is that there are conflicts and division among Muslims today.

Uthman ordered some people to rewrite the Quran and sent the copies to different places.

Now, the question is, how does he know the burnt ones were not reliable?

So? . This is not new. All of them have same tracks historically. Quran only came to confirm what was with them and to set record straight.
So why do you ask people to produce a copy of Quran when the Jews and Christians are already familiar with the stories? undecided

I read Harry Potter's stories, why do I need to produce a story like that again?

grin wink is now waste of time bcuz they have tried MILLION TIMES throughout the history but FAILED miserably.
Who tried it and where are the copies?

I still don't get the rationality in this.

this is why so long as they can't find Muhammad's own that you claim might be different from today's, then, the claim is null and void. Very simple
And you argue with Christians that their book is corrupted because some men said to be saints and scholars wrote and compiled them? How does your bolded different from that of Christians.

Lastly, I didn't claim the Prophet (SA) Quran might be different from today's own, I only asked for logical reason how they are the same since it was compiled by men. You should have told me to accept everthing with faith. Daz all. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 3:35pm On Mar 14, 2017
tintingz:
The reasons was because, Uthman had to order the burning of other compilation of the Quran because it might contain other views that will cause conflicts and division in the future. The irony is that there are conflicts and division among Muslims today.

Uthman ordered some people to rewrite the Quran and sent the copies to different places.

Now, the question is, how does he know the burnt ones were not reliable?
and where is your reference for this claim?.

So why do you ask people to produce a copy of Quran when the Jews and Christians are already familiar with the stories? undecided
So you believe in bible when it says God came down looking for Adam and Eve?, you believe that God slapped people with dung?. You believe that God emits fire from His mouth like Sango?. You believe God rested after 6 days of crration?. All these are fallacies that Quran trashed out. So where is their story book in any way compared to Quran? .

I still don't get the rationality in this.
this is what happens when faith is weakened.

And you argue with Christians that their book is corrupted because some men said to be saints and scholars wrote and compiled them? How does your bolded different from that of Christians.
if you ask me for different bibles, evidences abound. Shall be ready to provide them. But ask same of Quran, Quran will always the same from any quarters you bring them from. Big Difference
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 5:20pm On Mar 14, 2017
Empiree:
and where is your reference for this claim?.
OK.

Imam al-Bukhari narrates in his Sahih (6:183-184) from Anas ibn Malik (RA) that Hudhayfa ibn al-Yaman came to `Uthman at the time the people of Sham were battling for the conquest of Armenia and Azerbaijan [~year 25H] with the people of Iraq. Their divergences in Qur'anic reading had alarmed Hudhayfa, so he said to `Uthman: "O Commander of the Believers! Rescue (adrik) this Umma before they differ over the Book the way the Jews and Christians differed." Whereupon `Uthman wrote to Hafsah: "Send us the folios (suhuf) so that we copy them then we shall return them to you." Hafsa then sent them to `Uthman who ordered Zayd ibn Thabit, `Abd Allah ibn al-Zubayr, Sa`id ibn al-`As, and `Abd Allah ibn al-Harith ibn Hisham who copied those folios into the volumes (masahif). `Uthman said to the group - the three Qurayshis: "If you find yourselves differing, [the three of] you and Zayd ibn Thabit in anything of the Qur'an, write it in the tongue of the Quraysh. For it was not revealed but in their tongue." They did [as instructed] and when they finished copying the folios into the volumes, `Uthman returned the folios to Hafsa, sent one mushaf to each region from those they had copied, then ordered that all other [copies] of the Qur'an in each and every folio or volume be burnt.
http://sunnah.org/history/Sahaba/Sayyidina_Uthmans_preservation_Quran.htm

Many people during the time of `Uthman had their own explanatory notes in their personal copies of the Qur’an. Others had written down portions of the Qur’an themselves. In order to prevent any future issues of explanatory notes being considered as part of the Qur’an or arguments due to a mistake on the part of the writer – claiming that he has something of the Qur’an which others do not have – these old copies were burnt.
http://islamqa.org/hanafi/seekersguidance-hanafi/32699

- First, you said people didn't have versions of Quran, this above shows there were versions of Quran which were burnt.

- Secondly, how does Uthman know the other versions were not reliable since it was compiled by men in the first place, and which original version was with Hafsa?

So you believe in bible when it says God came down looking for Adam and Eve?, you believe that God slapped people with dung?. You believe that God emits fire from His mouth like Sango?. You believe God rested after 6 days of crration?. All these are fallacies that Quran trashed out. So where is their story book in any way compared to Quran? .
You don't call other people's book fallacy when you have no evidence to disapprove/counter it.

The Quran said Allah has legs, two hands which He used to create Adam and Allah's throne is on water, Dont let me go to hadith.

Many religious people will say these things are metaphor, if you believe many Quran verses are metaphor, why do you have problem with the Jewish, christian book?

this is what happens when faith is weakened.
No, this is what happen when one think outside the box.

Again, why should I produce another version of Harry porter book I've already read? Does it make sense to you.

if you ask me for different bibles, evidences abound. Shall be ready to provide them. But ask same of Quran, Quran will always the same from any quarters you bring them from. Big Difference
The only different bible version is the roman catholic and protestant any other are interpretations.

How can there be other versions of the Quran when Uthman burnt them. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 6:41pm On Mar 14, 2017
Empiree:
This was discussed by albaqir. This is no version but dialect. Still somehow exist today
Read the hadith carefully again, it says A man Hudhayfa went to see Uthman about the Quran versions which might cause confusion like the Jews and Christians, it is not only about the dialect.

This is misconception. They are still refering to the same thing. There is no "missing verse(s) in the Quran. Maybe this will help you.

http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/quran_textual-reply.html

http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/other_books.htm
The people during Uthman were writing down the Quran in their own views, that was the main reason Uthman ordered for the rewrite of the Quran.

Go and listen to Arab recite Quran like sura Khaf. You will see what I am talking about. Sheikh Salah Bukhatir and Sheik Sudais are typical example. Their pronunciation of word are different from the way it is written (Qurayshi dialect). They pronounce 'ka' as 'ga'
My response above.

I guess you dont talk to christian that much. I have. They are ready to tell you God has legs, He eats like human, He sh!t like human etc. They mean exactly that save few. You know why they cant refute their literal interpretation?. It is bcuz they believe human is God. As for allegation you brought with respect to Quran, if Allah was to talk EXACTLY the way He is, we will not understand anything of Quran. He used hands, legs etc in a way for us to understand.
I've debated with christian for years, NO christian has told me or agree that their God shìt, eat, drink etc. And not all christian believe God is human e.g Jehovah witness.

The concept of God being a human was that, Jesus is part of God which is the trinity, they(Christians) don't say their God in heaven eat and shit.

This is where i have always agreed with interpretations where and when it is necessary. For instance, former Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak once said "the govt of Egypt is in my hands". So does that mean his physical hands?
Lol, why do you still have problem with the jewish, christian book?

Many Christian will even say some of their bible verses are in "parables".

Mrefer back up there

Absolutely. If the dude turns 40 and decided to create another version of his book why not.
Good, so how does creating another Quran version will be a failure, when harry porter story or even Shakespeare books can be produce in another version.

Lo ba tan. This alone kills it. That you wont get with Quran. End of story
Lol, that doesn't mean some Quran versions never existed during Uthman era.

Refer back to the links. Really cant copy paste anything right now.

http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/quran_textual-reply.html

http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/other_books.htm

There was no way he could successfully burn ALL "other versions" (if any) without a loop.
Ofcos he can, Uthman was the leader, he has the power to order killings of any person with different version, the penalty for blasphemy is death.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 7:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
I am having problems with ban. So to avoid another ban, i will need to screenshot this time. I guess i was blocked due to editing. So now, i repeat that copy that was burnt during Uthman(ra) related to dialect not other "versions" of Quran. That's Christian missionaries' argument yet they have no evidence just as you did.

Now provide evidence to me that Sayyidina Uthman (ra) "killed" those people with copy of Quran BECAUSE IT IS ANOTHER VERSION DIFFERENT FROM HIS. I wanna hear that.

Read Attachment below

v v v v v

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 7:24pm On Mar 15, 2017
@tintingz,

This refutes your allegation that Uthman(ra) might suppressed those who held "other version" by his "sharia" ruling.

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 7:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
Empiree:
@tintingz,

This refutes your allegation that Uthman(ra) might suppressed those who held "other version" by his "sharia" ruling.

Empiree, this is something to reason on,

How can different Quran copies exist today through some average people during Uthman era? It is not possible.

How do you think constitutions still exist today, because it was implemented by legislators, How do you think Shakespeare books still exist today, because is it was publicly published, distributed round the world and was written by an influential person.

This is the same as the Quran which was published and distributed to lands under Uthman the leader in charge, an influential person with authority. In sharia law any form of blasphemy is death, now imagine someone writing his version of the Quran After Uthman ordered the burnt of other versions, wont the person be charged for blasphemy? Can someone rewrite his version of Quran in Saudi Arabia and publish it publicly in this present day without sharia-men beheading such person the next day?

This is a logic thing.

I guess it is antispam-bot giving you pain in the neck. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Ruling On Freelancing Work? Its Halaal Or Haraam Sides? / A Look at Leadership from an Islamic Perspective / The Women Around Danfodio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.