Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,416 members, 7,822,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Land Rover Discovery Now Comes With Drone Which Helps To Save Lives - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Land Rover Discovery Now Comes With Drone Which Helps To Save Lives (644 Views)

2019 Mercedes Benz A-class Now Comes As A Saloon Car Too (photos) / ₦70m: Amazing Images Of Land Rover Discovery Converted Into A Mobile Kitchen / Watch A Land Rover Discovery Turbodiesel Tow A 121-Ton,Seven-Trailer Semi Truck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Land Rover Discovery Now Comes With Drone Which Helps To Save Lives by AutoReportNG2: 4:56pm On Mar 13, 2017
A new Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) project has been revealed at this year’s Geneva motor show.

Named ‘Project Hero’, the Land Rover Discovery was specifically designed for the Austrian Red Cross to help improve communications and reduce response times for disasters, in order to save more lives.

Mounted on the roof of Project Hero is a drone that features self-centring and magnetic retention technology, enabling the drone to land on the roof while the SVO is moving. Live footage is then transmitted to the Red Cross emergency response teams where emergency situations are assessed from a safe distance.

The Project Hero Discovery has been modified in the interior, with multiple frequency radio equipment, a heavy-duty sliding floor in the rear for additional workspace, and positioned behind the rear seats is a segregation panel that is able to provide additional equipment mounting points.

“Land Rover and the team of engineers and designers at SVO are proud to support the incredible humanitarian work of the IFRC and its members,” said John Edwards, Jaguar Land Rover Special Operations Managing Director.

“The new Discovery is an outstanding all-terrain SUV, and Project Hero is the optimum combination of enhanced capability and innovative technology.”

Source
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/03/land-rover-discovery-now-comes-with.html

Re: Land Rover Discovery Now Comes With Drone Which Helps To Save Lives by AutoReportNG2: 5:01pm On Mar 13, 2017
Land Rover, always a step ahead...

Lalasticlala, Seun
Re: Land Rover Discovery Now Comes With Drone Which Helps To Save Lives by diportivo: 5:04pm On Mar 13, 2017
Na UN get the motor na

See topic undecided
Re: Land Rover Discovery Now Comes With Drone Which Helps To Save Lives by newyorks(m): 5:18pm On Mar 13, 2017
pls make una epp me...i don't like clicking any topic bearing buhari asap,if am watchin nta 9pm news i hate seeing him i can't tell the reason behind this phenominor.

1 Like

Re: Land Rover Discovery Now Comes With Drone Which Helps To Save Lives by Nuel25846(m): 5:39pm On Mar 13, 2017
If I buy this one I will use the drone to know if there is traffic ahead to avoid it.....cool grin grin

1 Like

Re: Land Rover Discovery Now Comes With Drone Which Helps To Save Lives by nepapole(m): 5:40pm On Mar 13, 2017
Nawa oo...but lastlast, Na death sure pass...
Re: Land Rover Discovery Now Comes With Drone Which Helps To Save Lives by thenny312(m): 10:47pm On Mar 13, 2017
Nuel25846:
If I buy this one I will use the drone to know if there is traffic ahead to avoid it.....cool grin grin
hiiii message me on watsapp
Re: Land Rover Discovery Now Comes With Drone Which Helps To Save Lives by lonelydora: 4:35am On Mar 14, 2017
Nuel25846:

Exactly, but remember there are laws guiding the 'airspace'. Fly it anyhow without permission you may visit one of the prisons in the country.
Re: Land Rover Discovery Now Comes With Drone Which Helps To Save Lives by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:55am On Mar 14, 2017
Thats a special made car for research and rescue

As always missleading

1 Like

Re: Land Rover Discovery Now Comes With Drone Which Helps To Save Lives by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 14, 2017
Your title is misleading, one would think it was mass produced for consumers_ a yahoo yahoo boy on NL, who didn't read the opening post (...fascinated by the idea of being followed by a drone cheesy)will be planning to buy it now.

It's a special (2017 discovery) SUV, built specifically for Austrian Red Cross.
angry

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think Water And Air Powered Cars Have Some Future? / Time Rises / News About Launching In USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.