Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,530 members, 7,823,309 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Subhana Llah, Why Do This Still Happen? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Subhana Llah, Why Do This Still Happen? (1857 Views)

Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" / Why Did This Happen? Are You Ok With It? / Why Does Dis Happen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subhana Llah, Why Do This Still Happen? by IDolajide(m): 10:18pm On Dec 17, 2009
I just imagine why people behave so odd in mosque nowadays!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine someone coming to steal shoes, palm and slippers while (salat) prayer is going on inside the mosque. I have been a victim of this severally, even for the umptenth time, but I think there is a need for me to let people contribute to this staking issue @ hand. It just happened to me tonight.
Re: Subhana Llah, Why Do This Still Happen? by MrCrackles(m): 10:24pm On Dec 17, 2009
ID olajide:

I just imagine why people behave so odd in mosque nowadays!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine someone coming to steal shoes, palm and slippers while (salat) prayer is going on inside the mosque. I have been a victim of this severally, even for the umptenth time, but I think there is a need for me to let people contribute to this staking issue @ hand. It just happened to me tonight.
Allahu Akbar. . .
I read something similar happened to IBB a good couple of years ago shocked shocked grin
Re: Subhana Llah, Why Do This Still Happen? by Fonewhiz: 10:36pm On Dec 17, 2009
Astagfirullah! This is not a joke, u must understand that at dis point, u have to be calm b'cos wateva u say might be questioned. I'm so sorry for ur loss. Dis kind of incident happen all over the world. e.g. read this News headline "Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh had his shoes stolen by a child while delivering a sermon at a Gaza City mosque one Friday." so u see, , just get a new shoe and forget about this.
Re: Subhana Llah, Why Do This Still Happen? by dominique(f): 11:23pm On Dec 17, 2009
it happend in Unilag Mosque a couple of years ago. for the brief five minutes that the Solat was going on, the guy was able to "obtain" almost a dozen pairs of timbs, palms and stuffs like that.
for a long time, guys diddnt wear fancy footwear to the Mosque grin grin cheesy cheesy

its about time the mods to move it to Islam section
Re: Subhana Llah, Why Do This Still Happen? by Lagosboy: 8:30am On Dec 18, 2009
dominique:

it happend in Unilag Mosque a couple of years ago. for the brief five minutes that the Solat was going on, the guy was able to "obtain" almost a dozen pairs of timbs, palms and stuffs like that.
for a long time, guys diddnt wear fancy footwear to the Mosque grin grin cheesy cheesy

Quite a shame , I used to be at unilag years back and I dont think such thing ever happened then.
Re: Subhana Llah, Why Do This Still Happen? by Jarus(m): 1:53pm On Dec 18, 2009
My friend's shoe was stolen from UI central mosque.
Re: Subhana Llah, Why Do This Still Happen? by auwal87(m): 2:29pm On Dec 18, 2009
The excuse is always Poverty.
Re: Subhana Llah, Why Do This Still Happen? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 18, 2009
dominique:

they stole my brother CAT trekkers from unilag mosque once angry
Re: Subhana Llah, Why Do This Still Happen? by MrCrackles(m): 5:30pm On Dec 18, 2009
oyb:

It couldav been worse. . .Thank God they didnt steal your brother!
Re: Subhana Llah, Why Do This Still Happen? by zayhal(f): 5:33pm On Dec 18, 2009
Thieves are everywhere. There shouldn't be a big issue about shoes being stolen in mosques. It may be more common in mosques because it's easier for petty thieves to do so in the mosque knowing that the owners of the shoes are concentrating on their prayer and won't see them.

Anywhere there's a large crowd, petty stealing tends to be rampant.Handbags, GSM phones and textbooks get stolen in exam halls when students are asked to put their things outside to avoid malpractices.
If you can't afford to lose your shoes, put them in polythene bags in a safe place in the mosque or even right by your side or front while you pray.
Re: Subhana Llah, Why Do This Still Happen? by Jarus(m): 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2009
Jarus:

My friend's shoe was stolen from UI central mosque.
The funniest thing was that this my friend went all the way from Ife to UI beacuse of one sister grin. We were in final year then and everybody was trying to get one Hajia to stick to and evetually marry.

My friend abandoned friday lectures, travelled to UI to meet thsi sister. He was wearing a multi-thousand naira shoe he bought recently. When he came back to room later in the evening, we just realized that our friend was unusually gentle. He just lied on the bed. After teasing him, he told us that (1) the Hajia did not accept for him and (2) they stole his shoe at UI central mosque where he had gone to pray Juma'at and he had to ask for one old pam slippers from a friend in UI.

We can't stop laughing grin Till today, I still remind him of that incident and we laugh it off.

Guess what? He has done introduction with that sister a couple of months ago.

1 Like

Re: Subhana Llah, Why Do This Still Happen? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2009
lose the slippers get the girl grin
Re: Subhana Llah, Why Do This Still Happen? by Jarus(m): 6:21pm On Dec 18, 2009
oyb:

lose the slippers get the girl grin
abi o, sacrifice grin

The girl is more important than the shoes na grin
Re: Subhana Llah, Why Do This Still Happen? by dominique(f): 9:38pm On Dec 18, 2009
oyb:

maybe he's one of the guys that lost his shoes that fateful Friday, one of the victims that's my friend had to walk barefooted to his friend's room to borrow a pair of shabby palms sad.
Re: Subhana Llah, Why Do This Still Happen? by muhsin(m): 12:33pm On Dec 19, 2009
Mst!

Mine too was stolen @ BUK, during the last post-convocation lecture.
Re: Subhana Llah, Why Do This Still Happen? by olanajim(m): 2:27pm On Dec 19, 2009
alright guys, we get a lot of problems. And it is disappearing shoes. How do we solve the problem?
Re: Subhana Llah, Why Do This Still Happen? by deols(f): 3:53pm On Dec 19, 2009
VEry Interesting. Even after losing his expensive shoes, the guy didnt give up on the sister. I love this kind of stories!
Re: Subhana Llah, Why Do This Still Happen? by eesaah(m): 4:47pm On Dec 19, 2009
we just have to learn to keep our shoes safe even if it means under padlock.

Re: Subhana Llah, Why Do This Still Happen? by dominique(f): 9:11pm On Dec 20, 2009
lol grin grin
just that no thief will want to steal those bathroom slippers cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Muslims And Thanksgiving / The Inimitability Of The Shortest Chapter Of The Quran / Questions - Due To Muhammad Tweets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.