Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Why Did This Happen? Are You Ok With It? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Did This Happen? Are You Ok With It? (903 Views)

Why Did They Burnt The Hadith? My Humble Question Pls! / Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! / Why Did A Goat Eat The "unchanged Quran" & Why Didn't Allah Stop The Goat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did This Happen? Are You Ok With It? by Kairoseki77: 1:09am On May 12, 2013
Why did the Prophet Muhammad do these things? Please don't mention historical context, as Muslims believe he is a holy man that was sent to leave an ETERNAL model to follow.

Second question, are you happy he did these things?
Bonus points if you can answer the question without attacking other religions.

He married a 6 year old girl and consummated the marriage when she was 9, he married his son's wife (after he made his son divorce her), and he ordered the deaths of thousands.

At the Battle of The Trench he ordered the beheading of 900 people who had already surrendered. Then he sold the women and children into slavery.

He also owned slaves.

Please explain this to me. I mean no disrespect.
Re: Why Did This Happen? Are You Ok With It? by Kairoseki77: 5:04am On May 12, 2013
Any response?
Re: Why Did This Happen? Are You Ok With It? by maclatunji: 8:22am On May 12, 2013
Search for the answers on Nairaland. People had posted the same content they read from antiIslamic websites before here and have been responded to. Hence, there is no need to repeat the same process with you.

Tomorrow, someone else might still post the same questions. Keep your 'points', they are pratically worthless.
Re: Why Did This Happen? Are You Ok With It? by Kairoseki77: 8:33am On May 12, 2013
maclatunji: Search for the answers on Nairaland. People had posted the same content they read from antiIslamic websites before here and have been responded to. Hence, there is no need to repeat the same process with you.

Tomorrow, someone else might still post the same questions. Keep your 'points', they are pratically worthless.

So I take it you have no response?
Re: Why Did This Happen? Are You Ok With It? by WHees(m): 11:03am On May 12, 2013
Kairoseki77:

So I take it you have no response?

A little nairaland local search can help clarify it all for you, instead of reiterating & playing as a dummy why dont you check other threads as mac suggested ?
Re: Why Did This Happen? Are You Ok With It? by ayenny02(m): 6:10pm On May 12, 2013
Kairoseki77: Why did the Prophet Muhammad do these things? Please don't mention historical context, as Muslims believe he is a holy man that was sent to leave an ETERNAL model to follow.

Second question, are you happy he did these things?
Bonus points if you can answer the question without attacking other religions.

He married a 6 year old girl and consummated the marriage when she was 9, he married his son's wife (after he made his son divorce her), and he ordered the deaths of thousands.

At the Battle of The Trench he ordered the beheading of 900 people who had already surrendered. Then he sold the women and children into slavery.

He also owned slaves.

Please explain this to me. I mean no disrespect.

Even in this time of modern history, young girls are giving birth at the age of 9 what to talk of getting married. A very famous case of a Thai girl, that luckly got media's attention, must not be forgotten. you can visit the website yourself at

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/18769804.html

Our response to the "Child Molester" lie against our beloved Prophet, Muhammad peace be upon him:

Every time the Muslims talk about Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him to the anti-Islamic, the anti-Islamic use Muhammad's marriage with a girl named Aisha as a point against Islam. They claim that since Muhammad was in his 50's and Aisha was only 9 years old, then its ok to call him a "Child Molester".

This is a terrible unfair attack on Islam because it doesn't apply to our beloved prophet in anyway !.

Was Aisha engaged to someone else before she got engaged to Muhammad?

Aisha was already engaged to a non Muslim man named Jober Ibn Al-Moteam Ibn Oday. Back then, the people of Mecca did not object to Aisha's engagement to Jober because she was physically big enough and tall enough to be considered for marriage. Her parents saw that and they engaged her to Jober.

The only reason why Aisha's father, Abu Baker Al Siddeek, broke her engagement with Jober is because he was a non Muslim. Later, a woman named Kholeah Bint Hakeem suggested for Muhammad to marry Aisha, because Muhammad and Abu Baker became best friends. Muhammad engaged Aisha for 2 years before he married her.

All Muslim scholars agree 100% that Muhammad and Aisha were engaged for 2 years before marriage. However, some say that she was 7 when she got engaged, and 9 when she got married. Others say that she was 9 when she got engaged and 11 when she got married.

It makes more logical sense to say that she was 9 when she got engaged to Muhammad and 11 when she got married, because if she were 7 when she got engaged to Muhammad, then how old was she when she first got engaged to Jober? I don't think she was big enough and mature enough to get engaged with Jober before the age of 7. I don't think her parents would have allowed it.

The Middle Eastern and other Cultures:

If you take the time to study a little bit about the history of the tribes in South America, Middle East, Africa, India and the far eastern Oriental countries 1400 years ago, you would find that many tribes even until today allow the marriage of females at a very young age.

Do you think it is fair for you to come today and attack our beloved Prophet and call him a child molester when nobody 1400 years ago from his tribe had objected to his marriage? Not even the Pagans of Mecca, nor the Jews and Christians of Medina ever objected to it or used it as a point against Islam as anti-Islamic do today.

We all need to understand the culture that we are talking about. Life in the Middle East is a very simple one. It is a lot simpler than what our brain can imagine,

Parents look at the girl's physical appearance when they prepare her for marriage. They don't care about her age. She could be 9 or 13, it doesn't matter.

What about Aisha's parents (mom and dad), are they too "Child Molesters"?

Since Aisha's parents both approved of her engagement with Jober and later approved to her marriage to Muhammad, is it fair for anyone to call her mom and dad and former fiancée and whole tribe all child molesters? I think whoever does that would be out of his mind and needs to study a little history about the Middle East.

Another points:

"Firstly - if indeed the marriage of Lady Aisha was something which was despicable even at that time and in that culture, this fact would never have been recorded for posterity and all efforts to conceal or cloud it would have been undertaken.

But the fact that this hadith had reached us after it was recorded centuries ago and to all the Muslim generations in between proved that the marriage was culturally and morally acceptable and the fact is also that the Muslim community at that time remained unshakened in its faith in his Prophethood and the message which he had brought bear testimony to this assertion.

Secondly - we have to look at the life of Lady Aisha afterwards. She was without doubt one of the foremost scholars of Islam. It is even said that she had attained in her lifetime the position of Mufti - someone capable of giving religious rulings - a position very few Muslims will ever occupy.

She was seeked by many, both men and women, who hungered for knowledge and they came to her from all directions, Yemen, Bahrain, Syria. History does not know of any woman who was approached by so many for such a noble purpose.

If indeed she had became a victim of sexual abuse she would in most probability be devastated emotionally, psychologically, mentally and perhaps even physically but the achievements she had made in her life after the death of the Prophet proved that she was a woman who was in complete control of her faculties, becoming one of the intellectual giants of Islam.

And the fact that she had spoken so dearly of the Prophet was indicative of the innocence of the marriage and of the impeccable character of her husband because given the trust enjoyed by her by the virtue of her relationship with him, she could have unleashed a vengeful attack against him by attributing to him words or deeds of horrendous nature if indeed she was a victim of his supposed lust, destroying both the Prophet and Islam.

No sexual abuse victim would ever spoke positively of her attacker, much less becoming a channel that promote love and understanding of him and the message which he had brought."

Conclusion

Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him was not a child molester as the haters of Islam claim. He was a Noble Messenger of God. Muhammad peace be upon him lived in a society and culture that existed 1400 years ago, and we must not judge what he or others did based on our standards today. It is wrong and foolish to do so !.

ARE U SATISFIED BEFORE I PROCEED TO NEXT QUESTION?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did This Happen? Are You Ok With It? by Kairoseki77: 11:12pm On May 12, 2013
ayenny02: ARE U SATISFIED BEFORE I PROCEED TO NEXT QUESTION?

Thank you for responding, you are braver than the other two responders.

I have to say, that what you said was interesting. So I researched it, and found out that it was mostly lies.

Mohammad became engaged to Aisha at 6 years old. They consummated the marriage when she was 9, and they were married for a total of 9 years. Here are Aisha's own words as recorded in one of the earliest hadiths:

FROM THE HADITH OF SAHIH BUKHARI
"Narrated Aisha: The prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six. We
went to Medina and stayed at the home of Harith Kharzraj. Then I got ill and
my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman,
came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She
called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She
caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was
breathless then, and when my breathing became all right, she took some water
and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There
in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's
blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared
me (for the consummation of the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's messenger came to me in the
forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of
nine years of age."

FROM THE HADITH OF THE SUNAN OF ABU DAWUD

Abu Dawud's Hadith is the third most respected Hadith in Islam.

"Aisha said, "The Apostle of Allah married me when I was seven years
old." (The narrator Sulaiman said: "Or six years." ). "He had intercourse
with me when I was 9 years old."

So...already we see that Mohammad became engaged to this girl at 6 years old. This destroys most of your argument about looking "tall and strong", because no six year old girl looks like a mature woman.

Aisha was going to marry Jubayr ibn Mut'im. She was not going to marry him at 6 years old, their families had only decided that they would wed in the future.

Let's be honest with ourselves. We have all seen little girls in our lives. Maybe you have a little sister, daughter, etc. Anyone that becomes physically attracted to a 6 year old girl, is a pedophile. A FIFTY FOUR YEAR OLD MAN, with two wives already, becoming engaged to a 6 year old girl, is disturbing. Listen to these accounts (from hadiths), of Muhammad and Aisha's married life.

The Islamic Ruling Concerning Tasweer, Abu Muhammad Abdur-Ra'uf Shakir On the authority of Aisha (RA), who said: I used to play with dolls in the presence of the Prophet (SAW). And I had girl-friends (playmates) who played along with me. They would hide (feeling shy) from him (SAW) whenever he entered. But, he (SAW) would send for them to join me and they would play with me. (Sahih Bukhari & Muslim)

Also on the authority of Aisha who said: “The Prophet (saw) returned from the battle of Tabuk, or it was Khaybar. There was a curtain over her room. The wind blew, lifting the curtain and exposing part of the room in which the Prophet (saw) saw some dolls with which Aisha used to play. He said, “What is this, O Aisha?” She said: “My daughters.” (Arabs used to call dolls for “daughters”) He saw among them a horse with two wings made of pieces of cloth. He said “And what is this in the middle?” She said, “A horse.” He said, “and what are those on the horse?” She said: “Two wings.” He said, ”A horse with two wings?!” Aisha said: “The Prophet (saw) laughed until I could see his molar teeth”

You do not need your 'culture' to tell you that this is wrong. A teenage boy marrying a teenage girl, is one thing. I can understand that in old cultures. I can even understand a 20-something year old marrying a 13 year old girl. But a 54 year old man becoming engaged to a six year old, is morally wrong.

Once again, Muslims believe that Muhammad came down to provide an ETERNAL model for all future muslims to look up to. Why would a holy man marry a six year old girl? Didn't Muhammad purposefully violate many pre-Islamic rules? Why didn't he violate the acceptance of child marriages? And even if he married her for politics, why would a holy 54 year old man BE INTIMATE with her??

Re: Why Did This Happen? Are You Ok With It? by LagosShia: 11:47pm On May 12, 2013
1. Aisha was not 6 or 9 year old when the holy Prophet (sa) married her.that can easily be supported with evidence.check the below thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/846958/tell-me-why-mohammed-married

2. The Prophet (sa) did not marry his "son's" wife.Zaid (ra) was not the Prophet's (sa) son;thus the moral lessons behind the marriage.
Re: Why Did This Happen? Are You Ok With It? by Kairoseki77: 7:20pm On May 13, 2013
LagosShia: 1. Aisha was not 6 or 9 year old when the holy Prophet (sa) married her.that can easily be supported with evidence.check the below thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/846958/tell-me-why-mohammed-married

2. The Prophet (sa) did not marry his "son's" wife.Zaid (ra) was not the Prophet's (sa) son;thus the moral lessons behind the marriage.

Look.

Aisha was 6 years old when they were engaged and 9 when they married.

Unless you think the hadiths are lies.
Re: Why Did This Happen? Are You Ok With It? by Kairoseki77: 7:38pm On May 13, 2013
When Hadrat ‘A’isha passed nine years of married life, the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) fell in mortal sickness. On the 9th or the 12th of Rabi-ul-Awwal 11 A.H., he left this mortal world…Hadrat ‘A’isha was eighteen years of age at the time when the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) passed away and she remained a widow for forty-eight years till she died at the age of sixty-seven."[1]
Sunan Nasa’i 1 #18

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married her when she was seven years old, and he was taken to his house as a bride when she was nine, and her dolls were with her; and when he (the Holy Prophet) died she was eighteen years old.
Sahih Muslim 8:3311

Narrated Hisham's father: Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed that marriage when she was nine years old.
Sahih Bukhari 5:58:236

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house at the age of nine. She further said: We went to Medina and I had an attack of fever for a month, and my hair had come down to the earlobes. Umm Ruman (my mother) came to me and I was at that time on a swing along with my playmates. She called me loudly and I went to her and I did not know what she had wanted of me. She took hold of my hand and took me to the door, and I was saying: Ha, ha (as if I was gasping), until the agitation of my heart was over. She took me to a house, where had gathered the women of the Ansar. They all blessed me and wished me good luck and said: May you have share in good. She (my mother) entrusted me to them. They washed my head and embellished me and nothing frightened me. Allah's Messenger (, may peace be upon him) came there in the morning, and I was entrusted to him.
Sahih Muslim 8:3309

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin: "The Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) married me when I was seven or six. He took up cohabitation with me when I was nine."
Abu Dawud 41:4915

When the Prophet married Aisha she very young and not yet ready for consummation.
Al-Tabari, Vol. 9, p. 128

Abdullah (Allah be pleased with him) is reported to have said, "The Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) married ‘A’isha while she was a seven years [sic] old girl and took him [sic] to his house as a bride when she was nine years old and he parted with her (after his demise) when she was eighteen years old."
Ibn-i-Majah vol.3:1877

He married ‘A’isha in Mecca when she was a child of seven and lived with her in Medina when she was nine or ten. She was the only virgin that he married. Her father, Abu Bakr, married her to him and the apostle gave her four hundred dirhams.
Ibn Ishaq

Yunus b. Bukayr stated, from Hisham b. ‘Urwa, from his father who said, "The Messenger of God (SAAS) married ‘A’isha three years after (the death of) Khadija. At that time (of the contract) ‘A’isha had been a girl of six. When he married her she was nine. The Messenger of God (SAAS) died when ‘A’isha was a girl of eighteen. "
Ibn Kathir

Next, the Prophet… married Um Abdallah, Aishah, as-Siddiqah (the truthful one), daughter of as-Siddiq (the truthful one) Abu Bakr ibn Abi Qu’hafah, whom Allah has exonerated from above the seven heavens. ‘Aishah bint Abu Bakr was the beloved wife of the Prophet… The angel showed Aishah… to the Prophet… while she was wrapped in a piece of silk cloth, before he married her, and said to him. "This is your wife." The Prophet… married Aishah… during the lunar month of Shawwal, when she was six, and consummated the marriage in the first year after the Hijrah, in the month of Shawwal, when she was nine. The Prophet… did not marry any virgin, except Aishah… and the revelation never came to him while he was under the blanket with any of his wives, except Aishah.[5]
Ibn Qayyim Al-Juaziyyah

Aisha said she was nine years old when the act of consummation took place and she had her dolls with her.
Mishkat al-Masabih, Vol. 2, p 77

Unless you think the holy Hadiths are lies, then it is obvious that the girl was 6 (or 7) when they were engaged and that she was 9 when they consummated the marriage.

If you cannot defend this action without lying about it, then maybe you should admit that it was wrong.
Re: Why Did This Happen? Are You Ok With It? by ayenny02(m): 7:36am On May 14, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Unless you think the holy Hadiths are lies, then it is obvious that the girl was 6 (or 7) when they were engaged and that she was 9 when they consummated the marriage.

If you cannot defend this action without lying about it, then maybe you should admit that it was wrong.

I thought you came here to learn what u don't understand but come here with blasphemy from anti-islam site. I gave u a link abt famous case of a Thai girl, that got pregnant at d age of 9yrs but not satisfied you

I gave you references how Aisha was already engaged to a non Muslim man, then, the people of Mecca did not object to Aisha's engagement and she was physically big enough and tall enough to be considered for marriage. Her parents saw that and they engaged her to Jober, but u are not satisfied again.

OK, What about Mary, Jesus' Mother peace be upon both of them? How old was she when she got pregnant?

Not only was it a custom in the Arab society to Engage/Marry a young girl it was also common in the Jewish society. the case of Mary the mother of Jesus comes to mind, she was between 11-14 years old when she conceived Jesus. Mary had already been "BETHROED" to Joseph before conceiving Jesus.

Joseph was a much older man. therefore Mary was younger than 11-14 years of age when she was "BETHROED" to Joseph. we Muslims would never call Joseph a Child Molester, nor would we refer to the "Holy Ghost" of the Bible, that "Impregnated" Mary as a "Rapist" or "Adulterer".

According to the Priest of Saint Mary's Catholic Church: "Mary was approximately 14 years old when she got pregnant with Jesus. Joseph, Mary's Husband is believed to be around 36. Mary was only 13 when she married Joseph. When she first was arranged with Joseph she was between 7 to 9 years old."

According to the "Oxford Dictionary Bible" commentary, Mary (peace be upon her) was 12 years old when she became impregnated.

So if I want to be as silly and ridiculous as many of the Christians, I would respond to them by saying that Mary was psychologically and emotionally devastated for getting pregnant at a very young age. And speaking of "child molesting", since most Christians believe that Jesus is the Creater of this universe, then why did GOD allow himself to enter life through a 12-year old young girl's vagina?

Please note that we Muslims love and respect Allah Almighty, Mary, Jesus and Allah's Message to the People of the Book (The Jews and Christians). In other words, we Muslims would never make fun of Christianity through such childish topic like this one as many ridiculous Christians do make fun of Islam through our Prophet's (peace be upon him) marriage.

LASTLY, when nobody 1400 years ago from his tribe had objected to his marriage? Not even the Pagans of Mecca, nor the Jews and Christians of Medina ever objected to it or used it as a point against Islam as anti-Islamic do today. So my brother u will never see anytin against Islam in as much as those who against the Prophet then, were not use it against him.

ON THIS, I BEG NO SHAKING, go to another anti-islam sites to bring another one.
Re: Why Did This Happen? Are You Ok With It? by Kairoseki77: 9:30am On May 14, 2013
ayenny02:

I thought you came here to learn what u don't understand but come here with blasphemy from anti-islam site. I gave u a link abt famous case of a Thai girl, that got pregnant at d age of 9yrs but not satisfied you

I gave you references how Aisha was already engaged to a non Muslim man, then, the people of Mecca did not object to Aisha's engagement and she was physically big enough and tall enough to be considered for marriage. Her parents saw that and they engaged her to Jober, but u are not satisfied again.

OK, What about Mary, Jesus' Mother peace be upon both of them? How old was she when she got pregnant?

Not only was it a custom in the Arab society to Engage/Marry a young girl it was also common in the Jewish society. the case of Mary the mother of Jesus comes to mind, she was between 11-14 years old when she conceived Jesus. Mary had already been "BETHROED" to Joseph before conceiving Jesus.

Joseph was a much older man. therefore Mary was younger than 11-14 years of age when she was "BETHROED" to Joseph. we Muslims would never call Joseph a Child Molester, nor would we refer to the "Holy Ghost" of the Bible, that "Impregnated" Mary as a "Rapist" or "Adulterer".

According to the Priest of Saint Mary's Catholic Church: "Mary was approximately 14 years old when she got pregnant with Jesus. Joseph, Mary's Husband is believed to be around 36. Mary was only 13 when she married Joseph. When she first was arranged with Joseph she was between 7 to 9 years old."

According to the "Oxford Dictionary Bible" commentary, Mary (peace be upon her) was 12 years old when she became impregnated.

So if I want to be as silly and ridiculous as many of the Christians, I would respond to them by saying that Mary was psychologically and emotionally devastated for getting pregnant at a very young age. And speaking of "child molesting", since most Christians believe that Jesus is the Creater of this universe, then why did GOD allow himself to enter life through a 12-year old young girl's vagina?

Please note that we Muslims love and respect Allah Almighty, Mary, Jesus and Allah's Message to the People of the Book (The Jews and Christians). In other words, we Muslims would never make fun of Christianity through such childish topic like this one as many ridiculous Christians do make fun of Islam through our Prophet's (peace be upon him) marriage.

LASTLY, when nobody 1400 years ago from his tribe had objected to his marriage? Not even the Pagans of Mecca, nor the Jews and Christians of Medina ever objected to it or used it as a point against Islam as anti-Islamic do today. So my brother u will never see anytin against Islam in as much as those who against the Prophet then, were not use it against him.

ON THIS, I BEG NO SHAKING, go to another anti-islam sites to bring another one.

Just to start with the obvious...there was no person named Jober.

His name was Jubayr ibn Mut'im.

What anti-islam sites are you talking about? Are the hadiths from 'anti-islam sites', now?

12 years old is TWICE the age of Aisha when she was engaged to Mohammad. Let's not forget that Mohammad was born hundreds of years AFTER Jesus. Also, Joseph was NOT a holy man and Mary was still a VIRGIN. When Joseph married her, she was already pregnant. He hadn't touched her. Also, there are no records of Mary or Joseph's ages. We can only guess. That is not the case for Mohammad and Aisha. It is very clear that he became engaged to her at 6.

What does Christianity have to do with this anyway

My question is simple, Are you ok with the fact that Mohammed slept with a 9 year old girl?
If I became a Muslim, would it be ok for me to marry a 9 year old girl?
`
Re: Why Did This Happen? Are You Ok With It? by AbdH: 4:13pm On May 14, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Just to start with the obvious...there was no person named Jober.

His name was Jubayr ibn Mut'im.

What anti-islam sites are you talking about? Are the hadiths from 'anti-islam sites', now?

12 years old is TWICE the age of Aisha when she was engaged to Mohammad. Let's not forget that Mohammad was born hundreds of years AFTER Jesus. Also, Joseph was NOT a holy man and Mary was still a VIRGIN. When Joseph married her, she was already pregnant. He hadn't touched her. Also, there are no records of Mary or Joseph's ages. We can only guess. That is not the case for Mohammad and Aisha. It is very clear that he became engaged to her at 6.

What does Christianity have to do with this anyway

My question is simple, Are you ok with the fact that Mohammed slept with a 9 year old girl?
If I became a Muslim, would it be ok for me to marry a 9 year old girl?
`

That the prophet SAW consummated his marriage with a 9 year old is an issue because we are in the 21st century. 1500 years ago, it must have been something that was acceptable to all and sundry which explains why there was no resistance to his decision to marry the girl. I assure you that if it was wrong then to marry young girls, Mohammad SAW would not have done so. Is it not a wonder that his adversaries then never mentioned their disgust for his actions? In fact, they were quick to point to other things to attack the prophet except his marriage to Aisha. It means that the society then allowed it. As time went by, people changed the idea of the age of a matured woman and as of the last two centuries, the age of women eligible to be married is said to have been around 7 years old.
In essence, considering all this progression, I tell you that people who marry twenty year-old women in our age and time may be castigated by our future descendants who will be inhabiting this earth in the next two centuries if the right age for marriage in their own time is put at around forty. Hope you understand that.
Different times, different beliefs.
Re: Why Did This Happen? Are You Ok With It? by Kairoseki77: 6:23pm On May 14, 2013
AbdH:

That the prophet SAW consummated his marriage with a 9 year old is an issue because we are in the 21st century. In the 1500s, it must have been something that was acceptable to all and sundry which explains why there was no resistance to his decision to marry the girl. I assure you that if it was wrong then to marry young girls, Mohammad SAW would not have done so. Is it not a wonder that his adversaries then never mentioned their disgust for his actions? In fact, they were quick to point to other things to attack the prophet except his marriage to Aisha. It means that the society then allowed it. As time went by, people changed the idea of the age of a matured woman and as of the last two centuries, the age of women eligible to be married is said to have been around 7 years old.
In essence, considering all this progression, I tell you that people who marry twenty year-old women in our age and time may be castigated by our future descendants who will be inhabiting this earth in the next two centuries if the right age for marriage in their own time is put at around forty. Hope you understand that.
Different times, different beliefs.

OK

(1) (Reply)

Israel Shuts Down Masjid Al-aqsa "Declaration Of War"- Mahmoud Abass / How To Regain Universal Glory Through Jihadi Terrorism / The Reason Why Our Duas Are Not Answered...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.