Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Meet 16-year-old Boy Who Is The First Black Student To Build A Nuclear Fusor - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Meet 16-year-old Boy Who Is The First Black Student To Build A Nuclear Fusor (786 Views)

Dr. Wendy Okolo, First Black Woman To Bag A Phd In Aerospace Engineering / Wendy Okolo, The First Black Woman To Earn A Doctorate In Aerospace Engineering / Nigerian Wizkid, Udotong, First Black Student To Build Nuclear Fusor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet 16-year-old Boy Who Is The First Black Student To Build A Nuclear Fusor by Vardgist: 5:30pm On Mar 13, 2017
A 16-year-old youngster from New Jersey is on his way to becoming the first black student ever to build a nuclear fusor.

The first part of this prototype is already built, and Steven Udotong raised the needed remaining $1,500 to finish the fusor in less than one month, through a GoFundMe page he created.

Once the whole fusor is finished, Steven will enter it in science fairs and competitions, which will help him achieve eventual scholarships.

This 16-year-old boy has a bright scientific future ahead of him.
Steven was one of the three students from New Jersey to be accepted into the Yale Young Global Scholar Program, which allowed him to pursue the engineering workshop at the Singapore campus last summer.

He is now a high school junior, and hopes his nuclear energy construction will ultimately inspire people, at a local and even national level, to adopt cleaner energy sources.

Steven is convinced minorities have opportunities in diverse fields, if they are up to challenges. “I’m proof that there are many ways for minorities to pursue success. Sports and music are not the only avenues for us… Rather, there’s a need for us to participate in academia, business, art, law, medicine, and yes, nuclear energy,” he said in an interview. His older brother Emmanuel is proof of this, being a computer science student at Princeton University.

Click the source to see the
Drawing of a nuclear fusor prototype.

The teenager hopes the nuclear fusor project will become an example of academic excellence, for other black students to look upon.

Steven comments he started to get curious about nuclear energy after at a chemistry class last year. “I decided to do more research and I soon learned that I could actually make a nuclear fusor. That sparked my interest. I want people to know that there are alternate methods for obtaining power and energy,” he said.

“Nuclear energy is a lot safer than people think,” Steven thinks, so he plans to continue with this quest in the years to come. He firmly believes there has to be “more serious action towards adopting alternative energy sources.”

Click the source to see how the nuclear fusor looks like

Source:https://vardgist..com/2017/03/Nuclear-Fusion.html?m=1

Mynd44, Freshboi, seun, ijebabe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet 16-year-old Boy Who Is The First Black Student To Build A Nuclear Fusor by sweery(f): 5:33pm On Mar 13, 2017
Yo!
Re: Meet 16-year-old Boy Who Is The First Black Student To Build A Nuclear Fusor by wahles(m): 5:43pm On Mar 13, 2017
Ait
Re: Meet 16-year-old Boy Who Is The First Black Student To Build A Nuclear Fusor by newyorks(m): 6:31pm On Mar 13, 2017
that grt...boy,not the ps3 type that specializes in mission game.

1 Like

Re: Meet 16-year-old Boy Who Is The First Black Student To Build A Nuclear Fusor by Horus(m): 9:09pm On Mar 26, 2017
Re: Meet 16-year-old Boy Who Is The First Black Student To Build A Nuclear Fusor by Cadec007(m): 4:04pm On Nov 13, 2017
:Dcool

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Shake up in Nigerian Air Force as New AOCs, PSOs are appointed / A First Class Biochemist Needs A Job / Start A New Career That Pays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.