Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,101 members, 7,845,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

' I Prefer Acting Nude To Dressing Provocative' Thandie Newton Reveals (photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ' I Prefer Acting Nude To Dressing Provocative' Thandie Newton Reveals (photos) (1766 Views)

I Don’t Believe In God But I’m Going To Thank Her Tonight – Thandie Newton / Adaeze Yobo Gets Provocative Tattoo Over Fight With Joseph Yobo / Actress Thandie Newton Goes Naked For New Role As Robot Sex Worker (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

' I Prefer Acting Nude To Dressing Provocative' Thandie Newton Reveals (photos) by Alleviating: 10:52pm On Mar 13, 2017
Thandie Newton reveals she prefers acting nude to dressing in provocative costumes

The star actress of Half of a Yellow Sun, Thandie Newton, is starring in a new series called Westworld and in one of the scenes, she appeared totally naked but she doesn't seem to mind going nude. In fact, she revealed that acting in the nude makes her feel liberated and also led to her being treated respectfully, while acting in the busty costume brought about a kind of unwanted, lewd attention on set.
"I found myself more empowered naked than I did with the saloon outfit on," she said. "I was more comfortable naked because the costume was the most potent objectification of a woman, with the boobs pushed right up, the tiny waist. It’s an invitation for sex. The fishnet tights, the little heels with the laces... It’s all about sensuality. It’s about eroticism. It’s about "Look, but don’t touch".
"It’s all there to make the invitation for sex as provocative as possible and then the promise of satisfaction is practically just there."

Thandie has come to be comfortable in her skin after suffering from Bulimia while at Cambridge university. Recalling the experience, she said:
"I was not perceived as the person that boys wanted to go out with. And that has a very strong effect on a young girl. I was lying in bed and I remember feeling my heart against my ribcage. Because my ribs were so close to my skin it was like my heart was coming out. I thought: 'F***, I’m going to die'."
Thandie wore the frilly, figure-clinging, busty costumes for her sex worker robot character, Maeve Millay. She was covered up to a large extent in the get-up but she revealed that she feels like a sex object in them. Curiously, she doesn't feel the same way when acting fully naked.

COPIED FROM: http://www.uk-mmm.tk/p/thandie-newton-reveals-she-prefers.html

LALASTICLALA, MYND44, ISHLOVE

Re: ' I Prefer Acting Nude To Dressing Provocative' Thandie Newton Reveals (photos) by Alleviating: 10:53pm On Mar 13, 2017
tongue
Re: ' I Prefer Acting Nude To Dressing Provocative' Thandie Newton Reveals (photos) by Alleviating: 10:53pm On Mar 13, 2017
Olosho!
Re: ' I Prefer Acting Nude To Dressing Provocative' Thandie Newton Reveals (photos) by decatalyst(m): 11:06pm On Mar 13, 2017
Or did I read in "past-pasticiple" form? shocked grin grin

2 Likes

Re: ' I Prefer Acting Nude To Dressing Provocative' Thandie Newton Reveals (photos) by Pennah(m): 11:13pm On Mar 13, 2017
op oo

1 Like

Re: ' I Prefer Acting Nude To Dressing Provocative' Thandie Newton Reveals (photos) by Bism(m): 11:53pm On Mar 13, 2017
which one is olosho there. she is just being professional. We Nigerians are hypocritical when it pertain to movies. we see nudity in even non provocative genre or classification of movies and we dont cast aspersion on the act.

2 Likes

Re: ' I Prefer Acting Nude To Dressing Provocative' Thandie Newton Reveals (photos) by Masterclass32: 2:16am On Mar 14, 2017
Acting unclad makes you feel ''liberated'' and also led to your being treated more ''respectfully''.

Messed-up psyche. undecided
Re: ' I Prefer Acting Nude To Dressing Provocative' Thandie Newton Reveals (photos) by Alleviating: 6:51am On Mar 14, 2017
Lalasticlala
Ishilove

(1) (Reply)

Davido Shout Loud As Eniola Badmus Pay A Visit To His House(photo,video) / Miyonse Kisses Tboss In An Emotional Loved Up Video – See What 2face Did To Tbos / EX Beauty Queen, Munachi Abii Steps Out With No Makeup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.