Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Why The Hurry? Someone Please Ask The JAMB Registrar - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why The Hurry? Someone Please Ask The JAMB Registrar (521 Views)

Olumuyiwa Oludayo Sacked As Covenant University Registrar Over Sex Scandal / ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation / How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Hurry? Someone Please Ask The JAMB Registrar by Harlex(m): 2:47am On Mar 14, 2017
Everything about this country continue to look like drama, i mean new script are played on daily bases, with everyone trying to showcase their talent even if its going to cause Nigerians pain and hardship.

I wasn't surprise by the recent actions from JAMB trying to create a commando like approach in conducting the UTME examination. Prof. Oloyede needs to be reminder that he can not run the affairs of JAMB like the fire brigade method he deployed in running University of Ilorin, when semesters were completed in less than three months.

Mr JAMB registrar Sir, this is a different platform and be reminded that these candidates would be vying for admission into different institution across the country not just University of Ilorin.

This is the case, JAMB is expected to register over 1.7million candidate in one Month, this is something that usually take three months even when the country was not in recession, now the mighty Oloyede want to do that in one month without considering the status of the economy. I am not concern and not in doubt that it is possible to register even more that five million candidates in a month, but my concern is about the country Nigeria where perfection is only earn through beliefs and not hard work.

Conducting exam for 1.7 million Nigerians who are mostly computer illiterate, and not even the government put that into perspective. Policies are introduce in a manner that portray Nigerians as the sole cause of their problems. Technology are not just deployed to override a system over night, there's always a systematic approach to situations, as we cannot make this looks like it all depends on one persons idea.

Now that we have an examination body that have used months for preparation but expects Nigerians to do what it has been doing for months in weeks. Technology is meant to simplify a process and not make them burdensome for those the technology is design to serve, but the reverse is the case for JAMB.

The country is not just ready for all this yet, a full scale online payment for over 1.7million candidate, i don't think JAMB have considered possible problems from the use of online payments, for those who use their cards often, you will understand where am coming from. Sometimes you get deduction for certain amount to either purchase product or service and you get a POS error which sometimes takes week to resolve. I hope JAMB wont deprive Nigerians the opportunity they deserve by this one month registration process.

Have JAMB also consider what have grown to become a norm while using the online platform for registration, i will also keep my fingers crossed to see how Prof. Oloyede handle traffic because we expect the online platform to witness an unusual traffic which will probably rise to over a hundred thousand registration a day at some point if truly the one month registration period stands.

Why the Hurry? Why? I cant understand, some of these institutions might not even begin admission process until November or probably next year, JAMB continue to create situation where students are meant to wait endlessly months after sitting for the UTME examinations. Who are the people coming up with all of these ideas and whats the real intention behind the rush?

https://www.eduwheel.com.ng/jamb-why-the-rush-a-question-begging-for-answer/
Re: Why The Hurry? Someone Please Ask The JAMB Registrar by Nobody: 3:12am On Mar 14, 2017
@ op...d last tym i checked yhur opinion doesn't count
Re: Why The Hurry? Someone Please Ask The JAMB Registrar by Harlex(m): 3:40am On Mar 14, 2017
Sharming95:
@ op...d last tym i checked yhur opinion doesn't count
i know, but should people stop talking because opinions dont count in this part on the world?
Re: Why The Hurry? Someone Please Ask The JAMB Registrar by kingphilip(m): 5:11am On Mar 14, 2017
And he should equally be asked about the restrictions in cbt centers to use for registration too

How does he expect the few cbt centers to register over 1.7m candidates in a month not to talk about the traffic that will make the registration take days before completion

Leaders really need to think through before rolling out decisions sha
Re: Why The Hurry? Someone Please Ask The JAMB Registrar by LordIsaac(m): 5:58am On Mar 14, 2017
Nigeria education sector: woeful since the days of Rukkayatu....a woman who created very useless policies emulated by her successors!
Re: Why The Hurry? Someone Please Ask The JAMB Registrar by Harlex(m): 11:48am On Mar 14, 2017
We can only hope that our legislature see reasons why it will be inhuman to allow JAMB carry on with its planned one month registration.

(1) (Reply)

Noun 40/40 Tma Solutions / Have You Received Notification To Reprint Your JAMB Registration Slip? / Gain Free-processed Admissions Within One Week To Study/work In Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.